PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs will take us to the promise land because GOD LOVES THE SPURS

NRHector
03-02-2008, 10:23 PM
All you spurs haters your turn will come to face judgement day when the Spurs win numero cinco is just a matter of time why prolong the agony, I can almost taste it. :toast

SequSpur
03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Amen! To the Father! Amen! To the Son! Amen! Amen! Amen!

dbreiden83080
03-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Amen Brother.

DespЏrado
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I am always amazed that people have the arrogance to assume God gives a crap about something as trivial as sports. Yes I love the Spurs and yes the Spurs are a good guy team. And yes they do the right things on and off the court.

But in all of the universe, and let's assume for a second that there are at least a thousand or million more planets in the universe that have intelligent life, why would God who is the creator of all things spend so much as a micro second of God's existence on something so trivial as to who wins a bloody basketball game for a team in a relatively small city, in a country that is already blessed to have enough free time to play a trivial game on a planet with looming issues of poverty and famine.

God if there is such a thing, should never care about sports. God has so much more important things to deal with. Starvation and suffering run rampant on our planet. I should hope that God might focus on those issues first, before he helps our team get that extra bounce in the playoffs.

Yuixafun
03-02-2008, 11:20 PM
You are imparting a human perspective on an undefinable entity. You are imparting god with what you think is just and noble. And those beliefs stem from the culture you were raised in, etc, etc..

Do you even know what you know or do you just know what you have been told.

I know what you are implying, and I share the hope as well that God is good.. but how can the human mind even begin to fathom, even find a starting place to wrap around the infinite concept of the All-father. Or the Source.

And you want to give God parameters, on what God should or shouldn't be. That's not arrogant?

Why assume starvation and suffering would be an issue to god? It's mans fault that happens. Why is 90% of the earth's wealth concentrated in 10% of the population. That's all on us.

Why wouldn't god(s) care about sports.

If you exits forever, have always existed, and are omnipotent

and maybe there are other beings akin to yourself

I'd imagine they would be wagering on outcomes all the time. What else would you do to relieve the tedium of eternity?

Xylus
03-02-2008, 11:24 PM
You are imparting a human perspective on an undefinable entity. You are imparting god with what you think is just and noble. And those beliefs stem from the culture you were raised in, etc, etc..

Do you even know what you know or do you just know what you have been told.

I know what you are implying, and I share the hope as well that God is good.. but how can the human mind even begin to fathom, even find a starting place to wrap around the infinite concept of the All-father. Or the Source.

And you want to give God parameters, on what God should or shouldn't be. That's not arrogant?

Why assume starvation and suffering would be an issue to god? It's mans fault that happens. Why is 90% of the earth's wealth concentrated in 10% of the population. That's all on us.

Why wouldn't god(s) care about sports.

If you exits forever, have always existed, and are omnipotent

and maybe there are other beings akin to yourself

I'd imagine they would be wagering on outcomes all the time. What else would you do to relieve the tedium of eternity?
The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves sports.

Kori Ellis
03-02-2008, 11:26 PM
God loves the Spurs. But he loves the Lakers and even the Mavericks too.

Mister Sinister
03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I am always amazed that people have the arrogance to assume God gives a crap about something as trivial as sports. Yes I love the Spurs and yes the Spurs are a good guy team. And yes they do the right things on and off the court.

But in all of the universe, and let's assume for a second that there are at least a thousand or million more planets in the universe that have intelligent life, why would God who is the creator of all things spend so much as a micro second of God's existence on something so trivial as to who wins a bloody basketball game for a team in a relatively small city, in a country that is already blessed to have enough free time to play a trivial game on a planet with looming issues of poverty and famine.

God if there is such a thing, should never care about sports. God has so much more important things to deal with. Starvation and suffering run rampant on our planet. I should hope that God might focus on those issues first, before he helps our team get that extra bounce in the playoffs.
One: Take too seriously much?
Two: You shut your blaspheming mouth! Primus loves our Spurs, damn it!

ducks
03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
crazy thread
God loves all people

thispego
03-02-2008, 11:29 PM
God loves the Spurs. But he loves the Lakers and even the Mavericks too.
but that's it

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2008, 11:29 PM
you guys talkin about GOD,

YOU wouldnt be refering to tim duncan right?

Mister Sinister
03-02-2008, 11:30 PM
you guys talkin about GOD,

YOU wouldnt be refering to tim duncan right?
Nope. We're talking about Primus. Or Unicron, as the case may be.

Kori Ellis
03-02-2008, 11:31 PM
but that's it
:lol

Lance
03-02-2008, 11:31 PM
God if there is such a thing

For someone who doesn't think there is a God seems to know allot of what he doesn't do.

ShoogarBear
03-02-2008, 11:32 PM
God loves the Spurs. But he loves the Lakers and even the Mavericks too.The Jazz and Suns can go to hell, though.

pickle girl
03-02-2008, 11:34 PM
In.........before the move to the club!

DespЏrado
03-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah let's step out to the club.

Firstly I believe in God.

If you want to get into a discussion of temporal mechanics and God I am game. The fact that God exists in all time frames means that he should care even less about the outcome of one game in a certain time frame. Meaning if basketball were to continue with the same core of teams for the next few millennia, When any given team wins has literally no meaning.

And yes I was attributing alot to God as a fathomable entity, but in order to even use language to describe God you automatically "Godwin" your own argument. The very act of putting language to the unfathomable is a a gross simplification.

But my point stands. If you waste time praying to God for one Spurs victory you are so wasting his time that God should blink you out of existence. That God doesn't do that is more a testament to God's wisdom and patience over mine.

DespЏrado
03-02-2008, 11:46 PM
One final thought.

Why did God let David Robinson, probably the most humble Christian to ever grace the sport, get beaten by the equally devout Muslim Hakeem Olajuwan? If God cares and directs the outcome of sports was he saying to all of us that we need to convert to Islam?

lrrr
03-02-2008, 11:55 PM
I really don't think God is going to tinker with basketball, really... What happens on the court is purely in the control of those playing/coaching/reffing the game. But it all occurs within the parameters set by God (namely, the abilities he has given specific players). So the Spurs championships can be attributed to the greatness of Tim Duncan.

But God gave TD his gifts, and I also don't believe in "chance".

batboy
03-03-2008, 12:13 AM
The Spurs have been touched by his noodly appendage.

DespЏrado
03-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Ramen

Holt's Cat
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
An ecclesiastical conspiracy for Suns fans?

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2008, 12:30 AM
An ecclesiastical conspiracy for Suns fans?

infinity vs. five isn't fair

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Also if Angels in the Outfield taught us anything, it's that championships are won on your own, but cheating to get there is ok.

NRHector
03-03-2008, 12:33 AM
An ecclesiastical conspiracy for Suns fans? :lol

NRHector
03-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Also if Angels in the Outfield taught us anything, it's that championships are won on your own, but cheating to get there is ok.well hell if the goverment can cheat, why cant' we?

ShoogarBear
03-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Also if Angels in the Outfield taught us anything, it's that championships are won on your own, but cheating to get there is ok.http://www.unirugs.com/images/New%20England%20Patriots%201055%20-%20Spirit.jpg

Condemned 2 HelLA
03-03-2008, 12:35 AM
The Jazz and Suns can go to hell, though.

Having to play in and represent the communities of Salt Lake City and Phoenix isn't harsh enough a punishment for them to begin with?