PDA

View Full Version : wtf is up with Tim?

TDfan2007
03-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I thought last night against the Bucks was the worst game he's had in years from all aspects.

I didn't see the game tonight but 4-14 is pretty terrible? What was it? Tim getting hacked without calls or him just missing easy ones, or both?

Whatever it is I hope he gets out of this funk soon...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-02-2008, 10:45 PM
no biggie, rough b2b

he'll be ready next time

SequSpur
03-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah, Tim sucks, Bonner should start over him.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
You're obviously not a real TD fan. Cause then you'd know that during the regular season he has nights like this. Especially on back to back. He'll be there when it counts though.

greens
03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Every player has bad nights...

TD will be back to his usual solid self.

Warlord23
03-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Short memory? Timmy put up 31 and 15 against the Mavs a couple of games ago. He's been playing bigger minutes (along with Manu) during TP's absence. I think he deserves a low-intensity week. Especially with some mediocre teams before the final stretch where there are a bunch of tough match-ups coming up. Timmy is still perfecting his best Horry impression of saving it for the offs. He'll be fine in April.

DespЏrado
03-02-2008, 10:56 PM
TD just ran into Bogut one night and Diop the next. Two centers that happen to get into his head at the moment... He has his moments of funk particularly against certain defenders.

ChuckD
03-02-2008, 10:58 PM
This is just whiney regular season Tim, who lets the lack of calls take him out of his game sometimes.

duncan228
03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
He's fine.
He'll come out of the "slump" and go back to the intense play he was doing the last several weeks.
It's not possible to sustain that level of excellence night in and night out over the course of an 82 game season.
We're coming into the home stretch.
He will be all we need, and more, to get us there.

In Duncan I trust.

TDfan2007
03-02-2008, 11:03 PM
You're obviously not a real TD fan. Cause then you'd know that during the regular season he has nights like this. Especially on back to back. He'll be there when it counts though.

First off, no need to make a pompous statement like "you're obviously not a true TD fan."

Second, I'm worried the most about his defense lately (asid from rebounds). His one on one defense has REALLY slipped. That's my main concern, I know that everyone has their off nights, but I do think that Tim usually runs into trouble when he throws himself into the defense looking for fouls instead of looking to score.

TDfan2007
03-02-2008, 11:07 PM
I would like to add that I feel really sorry for the Nets on Tuesday. Look for Tim to vent on them...offensively at least.

bigfan
03-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I dont worry about Timmy. Some nights he plays better than others but he rarely has a bad night. He played just fine tonight.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
wtf??? The man has been a rebounding machine for over a month now and you are whining about his points

All I care about Tim is his rebounds at defense, he can score whenever the heck he wants to if he really tries.

oboymeetsogirl
03-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Worried about Timmy's "one on one" defense? Good god, you're talking about the greatest power forward in NBA history, all-league defensive first pick umpteen times in a row. If you're a Spurs fan, you know that it's not "one on one" defense that got us the rings, it's "team" defense. Timmy is one of the few big men who have excelled in the game because they know that if you can't stop a guy by yourself without unnecessarily fouling him (thereby taking yourself out of a game and letting down the team), then you get the hell out of the way. Live to fight another play.

Games aren't won through occasional individual victories, but through sustained, accumulative team effort. Go back and study your history: Bill Russell, Kareem, Akeem, and even Shaq. These multi-ring Hall of Famers were never bothered by the fact that some opponent has a single highlight reel basket at their expense. All they cared about is being there when it counts, and the rings they got in the end.

dbreiden83080
03-03-2008, 12:39 AM
He's fine, he is coming off one of his best games of the year against the Mavs the other night. He had a bad one against the Bucks and tonight, you can't expect much on a back to back and he still had 13 pts and 14 reb. I thought they would lose tonight given that Jersey had time off and Spurs likely got in late and were shit tired out there. You can look up his stats over the last 2 months he put 22 and 13 and 22 and 14 respectively. He'll get back on track come tues, assuming we don't blow out the Nets and Tim does not have to do much. Which is just fine by me.

callo1
03-03-2008, 01:02 AM
With TP back playing well and Manu going off, TD doesn't have to dominate right now. Tim will be FINE for the playoffs I'm betting:)

carina_gino20
03-03-2008, 01:33 AM
He'll be fine. He's Tim Duncan.

Slippy
03-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Every player has bad nights...

TD will be back to his usual solid self.

Exactly . When it comes to the big 3 they take it in turns, not by choice. By who's the primary focus of opposing defenses or who's shooting is off. You all too quick to jump on these guys. It happens and they still got a 9 game win streak.

PerforatedNeckline
03-03-2008, 01:41 AM
for what it's worth, tim had the best plus/minus on the team tonight.

ancestron
03-03-2008, 02:10 AM
He's done. Pop should bench him indefinitely.

m33p0
03-03-2008, 08:23 AM
"No team has a better third option than Tim Duncan."

SpurAddict561
03-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Yea, Timmy has always had a rough time with back to back games.

Don't worry about him, he's still here.

WalterBenitez
03-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah, Tim sucks, Bonner should start over him.

That poptheory of sparking the bench woud be grateful sending Timmy to bench ... for the record, with that reasoning Rasho would be still here.

SAGambler
03-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Well, there does seem to be games when Duncan is forcing some shots, when he should be passing out to the hot hand.

But everything will be fine come playoffs. He doesn't have many bad games then.

Sausage
03-03-2008, 11:41 AM
It's a long 82 game season, there's going to be a stretch during the season where a player struggles. Luckily, Tony and Manu are playing great basketball right now to where Timmy doesn't have to be a huge factor offensively.

Taco
03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
wtf is up with Tim?

I thought last night against the Bucks was the worst game he's had in years from all aspects.

I didn't see the game tonight but 4-14 is pretty terrible? What was it? Tim getting hacked without calls or him just missing easy ones, or both?

Whatever it is I hope he gets out of this funk soon...

YEAH TIMMY SUCKS :lol

ChumpDumper
03-05-2008, 09:35 AM
That poptheory of sparking the bench woud be grateful sending Timmy to bench ... for the record, with that reasoning Rasho would be still here.Sorry, the Argentinian hurt national pride theory doesn't work that way.