PDA

View Full Version : Finally.......Another Texas Roadhouse To Be Built!

davi78239
03-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Word is that one will be opening up in April somewhere North San Antonio (I'm guessing the 281 area). Bout damn time for a town this fucking size. Maybe this will take away traffic from the one in live oak. They still need to build more though. O and by the way, they are also building another Olive Garden by rolling oaks mall too. I guess they are finally getting the point that this city has gotten just a little bit bigger. Just thought yall might wanna know.

Denver>SA
03-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Word is that one will be opening up in April somewhere North San Antonio (I'm guessing the 281 area). Bout damn time for a town this fucking size. Maybe this will take away traffic from the one in live oak. They still need to build more though. O and by the way, they are also building another Olive Garden by rolling oaks mall too. I guess they are finally getting the point that this city has gotten just a little bit bigger. Just thought yall might wanna know.
281 on southbound side past Chesters..by hollywood park

there is also one off 410/Ingram

davi78239
03-02-2008, 11:17 PM
281 on southbound side past Chesters..by hollywood park

there is also one off 410/Ingram

Yea, I know about 410 by ingram too. I was just saying that finally another one to be built besides the only two in town. So that's where it's going on 281 huh. Is it before bitters rd or past it? I was thinking that they would make it out of the old smokey bones that's probably still sitting there vacant.

Denver>SA
03-02-2008, 11:19 PM
16915 San Pedro Ave.
Hollywood Park, TX 78232

http://roadhouse.know-where.com/roadhouse/cgi/site?00322#map3

leemajors
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
i went once, wasn't too impressed.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Their Bread is great

Louie Vega
03-03-2008, 03:29 AM
I never thought i'd see the day that someone would bitch cause there are not enough Olive Gardens or Texas Roadhouse? LOL Those fucken places suck!

word
03-03-2008, 08:03 AM

I ate at the one in Austin about 10 years ago and it was awful. Texas Roadhouse is out of ...Ohio aren't they ? I remember there was a lawsuit that took place that they couldn't use 'Texas Roadhouse' but they ended up winning.
It's about as much of a 'Texas Roadhouse' as Denny's. Threadgills they are not.

peewee's lovechild
03-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I need one built right behing my apartment complex.

Only then will I be happy.

AFBlue
03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
You spoiled, greedy bastards!

The closest Texas Roadhouse is over 2 hours from my house and I get there every chance I get, but you are complaining about one being maybe 30 minutes away....

I hate you all!

robino2001
03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I've been once - wasn't too overly impressed... I like Logans better in the same category of food/restaurants, but at least Roadhouse was a couple dollars cheaper across the board. My parents love that place though. I have family in Illinois that think Texas Roadhouse is the greatest place ever.

AlamoSpursFan
03-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I ate at the one in Austin about 10 years ago and it was awful. Texas Roadhouse is out of ...Ohio aren't they ? I remember there was a lawsuit that took place that they couldn't use 'Texas Roadhouse' but they ended up winning.
It's about as much of a 'Texas Roadhouse' as Denny's. Threadgills they are not.

There is a cool little roadhouse bar outside of LaVernia on 87 that USED to be called "True Blue Texas Roadhouse". The assholes from this shitty steakhouse chain sued the owner to stop using the words "Texas Roadhouse" in the name of his (AHEM) Texas roadhouse.

They didn't actually win their suit in the courts, he gave in because he couldn't afford to fight corporate yankees.

That shit pissed me off almost as much as the Alamo Rent-A-Car shitheads trying to keep us from calling our bowl game the Alamo Bowl.

word
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Ahhhh that's it. All I know is I'll never eat at one of the motherfuckers.

IceColdBrewski
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Ahhhh that's it. All I know is I'll never eat at one of the motherfuckers.

Good. Be sure to spread the word that you think it sucks as well. Maybe then I won't have to call in 2 hours ahead of time for a table.

word
03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
No problem, traitor.

lebomb
03-03-2008, 01:26 PM
i'd rather go to golden corral

People coughing on their hands and grabbing the serving spoon........FTMFL!!!! Everytime I ate at the golder coral I got the shits...........I Hate that place!!!!
:flipoff

bejanicek
03-03-2008, 03:32 PM
SCREW texas roadhouse, i go to that bar in La Vernia and heard a lot about the lawsuit that those stupid people from indiana did. suing this small ass local bar that is actually in texas!! WHY????? they weren't doing anyting except representing what it really is. They aren't fake like TEXAS roadhouse restaurants are!! I will never eat at one of them again. Texas should sue their ass for portraying Texas roadhouse as TExas food when really it all started up North with a bunch of yankeess. fuck them!!!

peewee's lovechild
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
SCREW texas roadhouse, i go to that bar in La Vernia and heard a lot about the lawsuit that those stupid people from indiana did. suing this small ass local bar that is actually in texas!! WHY????? they weren't doing anyting except representing what it really is. They aren't fake like TEXAS roadhouse restaurants are!! I will never eat at one of them again. Texas should sue their ass for portraying Texas roadhouse as TExas food when really it all started up North with a bunch of yankeess. fuck them!!!

They have country music and ribeyes.

That's all the Texas I need.

AFBlue
03-03-2008, 03:51 PM

It's endorsed by Willie Nelson. That gives it the Texas stamp of approval in my book.

It's also really freaking good. I used to go their all the time for happy hour when I was in Waco...good, cheap food and beer.

Now, I'm lucky if get there once every few months. And don't tell me about Logans...that's the bullshit restaurant I have to settle for in lieu of Texas Roadhouse, and it doesn't measure up in the least.

bejanicek
03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
ITS SUX, if you think that is TEXAS food then you have been dooped just like the others you fool. Band together and don't ever go to Texas Roadhouse again!!! come on, if you are a real Texan you won't contribute to those idiots!!!

peewee's lovechild
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
ITS SUX, if you think that is TEXAS food then you have been dooped just like the others you fool. Band together and don't ever go to Texas Roadhouse again!!! come on, if you are a real Texan you won't contribute to those idiots!!!

Why don't you explain what "Texas Food" is?

Because, alls I can think of is barbeque and steaks.

The Roadhouse has plenty of steak.

And, it kicks ass.

bejanicek
03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I am not saying that bbq and steaks aren't texas food. all i am saying is that what they portray as being "texas" food is incorrect. its not homegrown... when we eat there it benefits not texans but instead those up north. they are using the "Texas name" to make a profit for their stupid asses.

AFBlue
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I am not saying that bbq and steaks aren't texas food. all i am saying is that what they portray as being "texas" food is incorrect. its not homegrown... when we eat there it benefits not texans but instead those up north. they are using the "Texas name" to make a profit for their stupid asses.

Should I boycott Waffle House or any other restaurant that uses "Texas Toast" but didn't originate in Texas?

That's just retarded. There are several restaurants in other parts of this country that also claim to be "Texas" restaurants, but they're even worse because they don't even have a restaurant chain IN Texas.

One I can specifically think of is this joint in Ohio called Tumbleweeds...which I've never seen or heard of in all my years in Texas.

If you want to attack non-Texas chains that claim they're from Texas, try doing it with restaurants that don't have food that will make you salivate and cheap beer.

IceColdBrewski
03-03-2008, 05:03 PM

Did you spit yer tobakee and yell YEE HAWWW before or after posting this?

peewee's lovechild
03-03-2008, 05:31 PM

By that rationale, we should all boycott restaurants that serve Mexican food.

Any chain or restaurant that has the word "Mexican" in it should be boycotted.

scott
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Hooray for National Chain Restaurants!!!

mFFL03
03-04-2008, 01:17 AM
texas food = tex mex

word
03-04-2008, 07:43 AM
It's not about the food, it's about what they did. Suing a small business owner and making him change HIS name that he'd had for over 30 years. And no, steaks aren't really 'roadhouse' food. Roadhouse food is more like diner food. Threadgills in Austin is an original 'Texas Roadhouse'. I've eaten there a bazillion times and there's no steak on the menu. It's more 'homestyle'. Pot-roast, fried chicken, meatloaf, lots of vegetable dishes. Truck driver food. Hence the name, roadhouse. I went and looked at TR menu and it looks more like an Aussies to me. It's a steakhouse, not a roadhouse. Does that help 'splain it ?

AFBlue
03-04-2008, 09:29 AM
It's not about the food, it's about what they did. Suing a small business owner and making him change HIS name that he'd had for over 30 years. And no, steaks aren't really 'roadhouse' food. Roadhouse food is more like diner food. Threadgills in Austin is an original 'Texas Roadhouse'. I've eaten there a bazillion times and there's no steak on the menu. It's more 'homestyle'. Pot-roast, fried chicken, meatloaf, lots of vegetable dishes. Truck driver food. Hence the name, roadhouse. I went and looked at TR menu and it looks more like an Aussies to me. It's a steakhouse, not a roadhouse. Does that help 'splain it ?

You can throw peanuts on the floor....does that help?