PDA

View Full Version : New Most Hated Player

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-09-2005, 10:29 PM
DANNY FORTSON, the guy is a discrace to the game of basketball, he flops every 30 seconds trying to get fouls

Sec24Row7
01-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Then you can add Manu and Bruce to that list as well because they are two of the best in the league at adding emphasis to slight contact as well.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-10-2005, 12:59 AM
they do it maybe once or twice a game, fortson was flopping on almost every play tonight.

exstatic
01-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Like anyone could move Fortson anywhere he didn't want to go...well, OK, anyone NOT named Shaquille. I always laughed when some guard would run into Malone, and he'd fall down. Riiiiiiight.

Solid D
01-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Remember Fortson's shove of Zarko Cabarkapa while he was in the air during a blowout game, breaking Zarko's wrist on his nasty fall? Zarko never was able to do much after that and was recently traded to GS for two 2nd round picks.

Fortson known for his foul play

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Dec. 18, 2004 12:00 AM

SEATTLE - Seattle forward Danny Fortson could hope his distinction this season will come from being the only off-season addition to the main rotation of the Sonics, who have enjoyed quite a turnaround.

But it could prove to be that he becomes the NBA's first 400-foul man. Fortson is on pace to set an NBA record for fouls per minute, a blistering (at least for opponents) pace of a foul in every four minutes.

No jaws drop for that in the Phoenix locker room, where second-year forward Zarko Cabarkapa's career path was slowed by a November 2003 foul that fractured his wrist.

Cabarkapa never regained his prior form, but Fortson said the foul also did permanent damage on his reputation. He slapped Suns Chairman Jerry Colangelo with a defamation lawsuit in October for Colangelo calling him a "thug" after the flagrant foul on Cabarkapa, who was in midair on a layup.

Fortson linked his foul woes with the lawsuit, which also includes New York Post columnist Peter Vecsey.

"It hurt me badly," Fortson said. "It branded me on and off the court. Being as powerful as he (Colangelo) is, it's fighting someone who has a lot of control in my place of work."

Fortson said Friday that he sent Cabarkapa a letter of apology. Holiday mail must be slow. Cabarkapa, now relegated to mop-up time or the injured list, said he never received a letter from Fortson, but has put the incident behind him.

On the night of the foul, Fortson figured he was done for the night in the waning moments of a 31-point Suns blowout.

"(Dallas coach Don Nelson) put me in a bad situation," Fortson said. "I was tight and cold and we were getting beat by 30. A lot of that play had to do with me not being loose."

Fortson said he hopes the suit is settled before it gets to court "before it gets ugly."

"I still have respect for him (Colangelo) but he has to understand I'm a man and not three-fifths of a person," Fortson said. "I could understand him being mad about it, but I feel like I'm being belittled. I wish him well."

Matrix
01-10-2005, 01:20 AM
I remember when steve nash threw him down in the last game they played. He is good at flopping whats worse is the refs always fall for it, reminds me a lot of vlade

Kaster
01-10-2005, 02:24 AM
A Ginobli fan complaining about flopping? Freaking classic.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-10-2005, 02:33 AM
coming from a guy who thinks floppy divac is the answer to all there teams problems

Kaster
01-10-2005, 04:28 AM
coming from a guy who thinks floppy divac is the answer to all there teams problems

Er, that wasn't me. Get your shit straight.

Not only that, but Divac has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

cmurek
01-10-2005, 04:31 AM
This forum sucks! Here are just threads who sucks more :rolleyes

Folks , get a life! :pctoss

alamo50
01-10-2005, 07:11 AM
'Flopper' Fortson has harsh words for Shaq

Seattle forward reportedly challenges O'Neal to hit a jumper

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050105/050105_shaq_vmed_8p.vmedium.jpg
Miami's Shaquille O'Neal goes up for jump shot over Seattle defenders Danny Fortson and Rashard Lewis. Fortson is mad at O'Neal for calling him a "flopper."

NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 11:01 p.m. ET Jan. 9, 2005

Seattle's Danny Fortson has some harsh words for Shaquille O'Neal.

O'Neal said Fortson "flopped" when the Sonics beat the Heat in Miami. But Fortson said that's not even close, the (Tacoma) News Tribune reported prior to the teams' rematch on Sunday. The Sonics won 108-98, becoming the only team to beat Miami since Dec. 4.

"You know something? That is a cop-out," Fortson told the paper. "Write this down. If he can't go out and bang, if he can't get two or three feet underneath the basket, he is ineffective.

"My goal is to keep him out of the paint. That is not an easy task to do. That is easier said than done. But I am going to try to keep him out of the paint and see how good he is.

"I challenge him to take a jump hook. Take a couple jump shots. I bet you he can't do that. Of course he is going to complain about flopping because he has to be inside to score buckets. If he doesn't get inside to score buckets, he might as well give the ball to Dwyane Wade and move back."

In Monday's 98-96 Seattle win, Fortson drew a foul from O'Neal while he was going to the basket in the first quarter. Sixty-nine seconds later, Fortson drew a charging call on O'Neal by flopping, sending O'Neal to the bench for the rest of the quarter.

"Bill Russell and Bill Walton would be ashamed to watch this game, big men flopping around like that," O'Neal said after the game.

"I don't even know what he is talking about," Fortson told the paper. "He is the big man. He's the one that wants to go out there and dunk on everybody, like he's been doing. I'm not going to feel sorry for him.

"He is the biggest man in the world and he's worried about guys flopping? That is kind of crazy, you know.

"One flop? I only got one flop? Besides that, who wouldn't flop against Shaq? But for the most part, Bill Walton and Bill Laimbeer and Charles Barkley would be proud of how I went head-to-head with him. Especially Charles Barkley. You know what I'm saying? For the most part I was in there battling with him."

O'Neal finished the game with 25 points, 14 rebounds and seven blocks, but Fortson did a reasonably good job on the 7-foot-1 force. Fortson, who leads the league in technical fouls, had 15 points and 10 rebounds in the game and also didn't get into any personal arguments with O'Neal or bicker with the officials.

"I am going to play hard," Fortson told the paper. "It ain't going to be no different on Sunday. We are going to do the same thing, and it is going to be the same results. We are going to win the game if we play hard. I am going to try to stay focused like I was in Miami. It's no easy thing. It's a work in progress for me. But if I stay focused, it's like David and Goliath, I win again."

© 2005 NBC Sports.com

:rolleyes

boutons
01-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Fortson had 18 pts - 9 RB, including 8-10 FTs. In crunch time, he has a real knack for being right in the middle of the game on both ends.

IX_Equilibrium
01-10-2005, 09:05 AM
i hate Kobe

ChumpDumper
01-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(13.08)

He's their secret weapon I tell you.

And yes, I do hate the way he plays.

Spurminator
01-10-2005, 12:54 PM
18 and 10 from Fortson is ownage.

Rummpd
01-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I would have loved
Fortson anyday as a Spur! The hustle of Rose plus more size and skill.
Plus anyone who stands up to crybaby Shaq gets an ATABOY from me!

MadDoc :smokin :smokin

ALVAREZ6
01-10-2005, 04:02 PM
KOBE AND Derek Fisher

my most hated bastards in the league.

Rummpd
01-10-2005, 04:05 PM
McGrady add to above = tremendously skilled but a jerk.

MadDoc

Medvedenko
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Kevin Garnett....beating up teammates....always looking pissed off and just a poor demeanor overall....
Oh and Mario Ellie...for old times sake.

Rummpd
01-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Garnett supremely skilled but it sure won't hurt me if he never gets a championship!

Medvedenko
01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
I think he's more arrogant than even Kobe.....

boutons
01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
With Dallas' perennial inside weakness, I wonder how DAL had Fortson for a year and couldn't figure out how to use him, and keep him.