PDA

View Full Version : Who the Mavs SHOULD have traded....

ratm1221
03-02-2008, 11:57 PM
This dude declines every time I watch him play. He's also lost all emotion on the court. It's like he doesn't even want to be out there.
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/josh_howard-arton21008-240x240.jpg

Findog
03-03-2008, 12:07 AM
If Josh were Josh the last two games, we would've won. We're not getting out of the first round if he continues to play like a scrub.

ratm1221
03-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Avery needs to play him off the bench a few games and maybe he'll straighten his ass up. Josh and Terry make me want to puke when they are completely covered and jack up a random shot with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

clambake
03-03-2008, 12:13 AM
he's a slow learner in this scheme. he doesn't know where to be or how to move on the floor, yet. give him 4 more games.

support.

ratm1221
03-03-2008, 12:20 AM
he's a slow learner in this scheme. he doesn't know where to be or how to move on the floor, yet. give him 4 more games.

support.

Kidd could be some of the problem, but there is no excuse for bad shot selection. Maybe you're right, but Josh has really been pissing me off lately.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Maybe he wants to go to a lottery team so he can be "the man"

trade him for shawn marion

mavs>spurs2
03-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Mavs problem is still perimeter defense, rebounding, and inside scoring, all of which we refuse to address and probably never will address with the fucktards we have running the organization. That Kobe offensive rebound off a free throw made me want to puke. Pathetic.

MajicMan
03-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Maybe he misses his twin brother Marquis Grissom

clambake
03-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Mavs problem is still perimeter defense, rebounding, and inside scoring, all of which we refuse to address and probably never will address with the fucktards we have running the organization. That Kobe offensive rebound off a free throw made me want to puke. Pathetic.
the commentators saying it would happen before it did.........ouch.

dirk couldn't hit the floor with his shoes for 3 quarters. bass needs more minutes.....period. howard has to work with kidd...alone....for 1 hour....and listen.

look what this kidd has done for damp....holy shit.

Findog
03-03-2008, 12:33 AM

This team doesn't have a problem with rebounding. Avery is the guy who had Bass in there. Van Gundy called it. And part of the reason Bass was in there was because Josh was so ineffective. Josh has been dragging this team down with his shitty play. Either that lower back contusion is worse than the team is letting on, he's butthurt over his boys being in Jersey now, he's butthurt over being the #3 guy on the totem pole now, or something is going on in his personal life. If Josh plays like he's capable of, we have a good chance to do some major damage in the playoffs. If he plays like this, we're not getting out of the first round. Fortunately after Utah tomorrow night, we have 9 of 10 at home and that road game is against Miami. We're about to get some much-needed W's. I'm not pressing any panic buttons.

I don't think this team is getting past the Lakers if we meet in a series because they have Phil Jackson and we have Avery Johnson. Avery still doesn't seem to understand that in the late-game nut-cutting time, you trap and get the ball out of a Wade or Kobe's hands. I will give Sasha Vujacic an open look from three over Kobe taking the final shot with a hand in his face. This game was imminently winnable and there were just too many damn mistakes, little things, that cost us.

Amarelooms
03-03-2008, 12:34 AM

Yeah Van Gundy or whoever called that. Kobe was too quick and he was not strong enough....blame that on Avery...he should have brought in a big to secure the board...he was gonna call timeout any way :elephant

LazinessThievery
03-03-2008, 12:37 AM

Only 4-3 since Kidd came on board with the 4 wins taking place against the shittiest teams in the league, and can't even beat the Lakers with their best post player (no disrespect to Gasol) Bynum out. Gee, I thought we were supposed to be absolutely unstoppable with Kidd. Hope he's not too frustrated at how things have turned out. Otherwise his wife is in for a beating. Harris must be laughing his ass off. Stupid fucking trade...

clambake
03-03-2008, 12:37 AM
This team doesn't have a problem with rebounding. Avery is the guy who had Bass in there. Van Gundy called it. And part of the reason Bass was in there was because Josh was so ineffective. Josh has been dragging this team down with his shitty play. Either that lower back contusion is worse than the team is letting on, he's butthurt over his boys being in Jersey now, he's butthurt over being the #3 guy on the totem pole now, or something is going on in his personal life. If Josh plays like he's capable of, we have a good chance to do some major damage in the playoffs. If he plays like this, we're not getting out of the first round. Fortunately after Utah tomorrow night, we have 9 of 10 at home and that road game is against Miami. We're about to get some much-needed W's. I'm not pressing any panic buttons.

I don't think this team is getting past the Lakers if we meet in a series because they have Phil Jackson and we have Avery Johnson. Avery still doesn't seem to understand that in the late-game nut-cutting time, you trap and get the ball out of a Wade or Kobe's hands. I will give Sasha Vujacic an open look from three over Kobe taking the final shot with a hand in his face. This game was imminently winnable and there were just too many damn mistakes, little things, that cost us.
i've never considered josh as seasoned. let's face it....when dirk went fetal, mav fans were looking for anyone to show. thats pressure he hasn't deserved.

Findog
03-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Only 4-3 since Kidd came on board with the 4 wins taking place against the shittiest teams in the league, and can't even beat the Lakers with their best post player (no disrespect to Gasol) Bynum out. Gee, I thought we were supposed to be absolutely unstoppable with Kidd. Hope he's not too frustrated at how things have turned out. Otherwise his wife is in for a beating. Harris must be laughing his ass off. Stupid fucking trade...

Wife beating is bad!
:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

Amarelooms
03-03-2008, 12:40 AM

You are a moron...no one with a brain said the Mavs are unstopoable with Kidd or Devin for that matter....Mavs are a decent team with a slim shot of coming out the West if they play lights out and get some lucky breaks...nothing more nothing less...now stop posting :elephant

Xylus
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
At least the Mavs are playing above average ball, rather than just plain awful. They took a really good Lakers squad to OT on their home court, and the Spurs only beat them by a FG--on their home court, as well. Things aren't as bad in Mavsland as they might seem. The Kidd-era Mavs are better than their 4-3 record, I'd say.

Findog
03-03-2008, 12:46 AM
At least the Mavs are playing above average ball, rather than just plain awful. They took a really good Lakers squad to OT on their home court, and the Spurs only beat them by a FG--on their home court, as well. Things aren't as bad in Mavsland as they might seem. The Kidd-era Mavs are better than their 4-3 record, I'd say.

Exactly. Right now we're not as good as the Lakers or Spurs, but that difference is marginal, as the past two games have demonstrated, and we're still getting it together with Kidd. By no means are we the faves to come out of the West, but with some decent breaks we have a shot.

clambake
03-03-2008, 12:48 AM
honestly, before kidd came along, i wasn't sure damp could even clap.

don't panic.

Findog
03-03-2008, 12:49 AM
honestly, before kidd came along, i wasn't sure damp could even clap.

don't panic.

Panic? With the sweet spot in the schedule coming up after we get pistol-whipped in Utah tomorrow night? Hell no. We're going to wind up with around 53 or 54 wins, barring injuries. That's probably good for anywhere from 4th to 6th seed.

RonMexico
03-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Howard needs to regain some kind of "chip on his shoulder" because that's the only way he plays well.

Findog
03-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Howard needs to regain some kind of "chip on his shoulder" because that's the only way he plays well.

Somebody should send him to dallasbasketball's messageboards so he can see what his fans are saying. That should fire him up. Basketball IQ has never been his strong suit, he's at his best going on pure instinct. There was a sequence today in the first half where he just killed us: Made a great pass to Pau Gasol after his man forced him nearly out of bounds on the baseline, next possession he got the ball of the left wing, dribbled aimlessly for a while before chucking up an off-balance fadeaway that barely drew iron, then after we got a rebound and Kidd initiated the fastbreak, he threw a crosscourt pass to Howard who let Vujacic pick his pocket because he was being careless with the ball. Kidd's passing has been contagious and the whole team has been great at making the extra pass and getting some ball movement going, except for Josh, who is a complete black hole on offense. I can't believe I'm saying this but since we're trying to win NOW by rolling with a 35 year old PG, we need to trade Josh in the offseason for somebody else who can help us if he can't get with the program.

Seriously, damn near every Maverick has improved his game with Kidd. Jet and Stack are getting good looks from behind the arc as spot-up shooters. Dirk is getting more space to operate. Dampier looks like an actual NBA center for a change, not just a defensive presence but an offensive one too. Kidd knows this team needs low-post scoring to do anything in the postseason and Damp is our best option for that, silly as that sounds. And so he's been working with Dampier since he arrived and the results are beginning to show. The one guy who has looked like complete shit since Kidd's arrival is the one person that on paper seemed his most natural running partner for the fastbreak: Josh Howard.

clambake
03-03-2008, 01:01 AM
damp is finding out that life on offense is sweet. who would of thought?

if he can morph, who can't?

there were still times when kidd found himself alone on the floor. i didn't think he could have this much influence. i was wrong.

sribb43
03-03-2008, 08:43 AM
can we send Josh to the D-League for a week or two

SAGambler
03-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Take heart mavs fans.....Someday, someone will figure it out....

You have a superstar....Who seems to leave his gonads in the locker room for most of the game.....and you wonder WHAT the problem is?

If Dirk plays the first 3 quarters, you wipe up the Lakeshow.

Yeah, Howard is a problem right now, but Howard isn't your Superstar.

Really pissed me off too. For once I was pulling for the Mavs.....And Dirk choked most of the game. Somebody better loan him a set of balls, cause it's obvious his are gone. Not sure if he left them in Miami or Oakland, but someone better go find them for him.

hater
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
He is one lazy mofo that undercover brother

clambake
03-03-2008, 11:58 AM

You have a superstar....Who seems to leave his gonads in the locker room for most of the game.....and you wonder WHAT the problem is?

Really pissed me off too. For once I was pulling for the Mavs.....And Dirk choked most of the game. Somebody better loan him a set of balls, cause it's obvious his are gone. Not sure if he left them in Miami or Oakland, but someone better go find them for him.
thats hard to argue with :depressed

Findog
03-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Dirk is awesome in the fourth quarter and overtime, and he's still not clutch. Kobe missed a bunch of free throws he normally makes. Get a grip.

clambake
03-03-2008, 12:49 PM
lets be honest........when dirk is cold, everything he does is ridiculous. he finds himself out of place on defense, he gets stripped of the ball with the greatest of ease, he is just completely out of sorts when times are tough.