03-03-2008, 12:03 AM
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2007-06/15/xin_3506041513168702520568.jpg

Anyone else tired of hearing that shit?

Emeyin
03-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I was like "huh?" when he said that.

oboymeetsogirl
03-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Everyone knows Odom has a special knack for disappearing in big games. So does Gasol. This is why for all their talent, I still think of the Lakers as essentially being a one man team. In a seven game series, Kobe could power his team into a couple of wins, but it's asking too much for him to do it four times. Kobe is like Lebron: incredible, spectacular, superhuman, etc. But even his Airness could never get past the second round until a team of complimenting parts was finally put around him. Odom is a "part," but based upon the recent past I just don't see him as being good enough (or strong enough mentally) to get Kobe back into a championship series.

batboy
03-03-2008, 12:10 AM
I was like "huh?" when he said that.

If you are referring to Chuck he is hardly the only talking head spewing this crap.

honestfool84
03-03-2008, 12:14 AM
how about these two guys we like to call tony or manu here in texas?

anakha
03-03-2008, 12:15 AM
parker is NOT the third option on this team

:p:

Hillcrest
03-03-2008, 12:16 AM
i'd take parker, ginobili, or duncan over lamar odom, as an offensive option, in a los angeles minute.

honestfool84
03-03-2008, 12:19 AM
:p:

what are you smoking man?
he's not the fourth option, and surely not fifth!

:smokin

21_Blessings
03-03-2008, 12:46 AM

As a Laker fan: Yes.

Lamar is more like the 4th option at this point (6 points in 48 min today) and when Bynum gets back, he can move to the 5th or 6th option status where his inconsistent ass belongs.

crc21209
03-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah i heard this and i was like uuuhhhh wtf? Is three championships in five years between the four of Tim, Manu, Tony, & Bruce not enough for all these bitches? Fuck that we know what matters when it comes down to the clutch. For example I tuned into the Mavs and Lakers game and in the 1st quarter Pau had 12 points, I left, came back in the 4th quarter and saw that he STILL had 12 points. So wtf is the big deal? Ill take the supporting cast of Bowen, Horry, Finley, Vaughn, and Oberto who are PROVEN over unproven jackasses Odom, Walton, Vujacic, Farmar, and Bynum who havent done shit up to this moment.

honestfool84
03-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah i heard this and i was like uuuhhhh wtf? Is three championships in five years between the four of Tim, Manu, Tony, & Bruce not enough for all these bitches? Fuck that we know what matters when it comes down to the clutch. For example I tuned into the Mavs and Lakers game and in the 1st quarter Pau had 12 points, I left, came back in the 4th quarter and saw that he STILL had 12 points. So wtf is the big deal? Ill take the supporting cast of Bowen, Horry, Finley, Vaughn, and Oberto who are PROVEN over unproven jackasses Odom, Walton, Vujacic, Farmar, and Bynum who havent done shit up to this moment.

WORD. :clap

DaDakota
03-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Van Gundy has had his lips around Odom's crank for years....Odom is the weak link on that Lakers team....

He is their achilles heal.

DD

Russ
03-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Odom is one of the dumbest players in the league.

He makes mental mistakes time after time in the clutch.

Half the league smokes pot but Odom gets caught. Twice.

Odom is the opposition's ace in the hole. A complete moron.

If he's the third option, the fist two are winning and tying.

JamStone
03-03-2008, 01:41 AM
Of course when Bynum returns, Odom will be the fourth option. So, if they change "third" to "fourth" it would be more credible.

Edit: Also, Ray Allen and Rasheed Wallace can make a case against Odom as well

crc21209
03-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Ill take Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, Billups, Hamilton, and Wallace, Garnett, Pierce, and Allen over Bryant, Pau, and Odom.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-03-2008, 02:04 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSxgjTaKDrc

crc21209
03-03-2008, 02:06 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSxgjTaKDrc DAMN HES CLUTCH! HAHA

crellis
03-03-2008, 05:51 AM
More Odom magic

http://youtube.com/watch?v=71SMu8A3VU4

:blah

crellis
03-03-2008, 05:53 AM

Kobe's reaction is priceless

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-03-2008, 07:39 AM
More Odom magic

That would work except it's Kobe who is in the wrong place on that play - he should be where Garretson is. Kobe's reaction is priceless and also that of a poor teammate. The other one is hilarious though - total brain explosion! :lol

As a balla I think you are all discounting Odom - he does everything on the court at a high level. He's not a great scorer, but he doesn't have to be on that team. However, you are right in saying that he is prone to mental mistakes.

spursfan09
03-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Sometimes Tim becomes the option after Manu and Tony. Tell me, what team has a better third option than Timmy?

remingtonbo2001
03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
That's about right...

1st Option...

1A Tim Duncan
1B Manu Ginobili
1C Tony Parker

Spurs really don't have a 2nd or 3rd option.

SpurAddict561
03-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Mike Finley is our "3rd" option, lol..

and he's much better than Odom, wtf are they smoking?

703 Spurz
03-03-2008, 11:27 AM

Odom almost cost LA the game yesterday.

Fuck him

TampaDude
03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Odor is a dumbass...he hurts the Lakers more than he helps them, IMHO...

spursfan09
03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Even Laker fans can agree with that ^^^^

JamStone
03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
That's about right...

1st Option...

1A Tim Duncan
1B Manu Ginobili
1C Tony Parker

Spurs really don't have a 2nd or 3rd option.

That's the dam truth. That's why the Spurs have been able to stay afloat all season long even with the rash of injuries and now have climbed back up near the top. But, sorry Spurs fans, I love your team and all, but I really do like how the Lakers look too. Trying to be unbiased either way, but the Lakers look to have just as much of a shot at coming out the West as the Spurs do. I wouldn't count out the Spurs out, but I wouldn't downplay how well the Lakers have been this season either. It will be one hell of a playoffs in the West this season.

oboymeetsogirl
03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Hey, guys, don't forget: I like the fact that Brent is coming back to be the Spurs' sixth or seventh option. Barry has his down sides (among those, his injuries and age), but personally I can't wait to watch his quick release treys, hearing the TV guys go "bang!," and seeing the opposing coaches call quick time-outs to regroup their demoralized teams, every time the Spurs are in desperate need for some scoring punch.

I think we're in good shape for the playoffs...

Allanon
03-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Lamar is the best 3rd option.

There really is no third option on the Spurs as remingtonbo2001 says. The Spurs are a 3 star team, anyone of them can be the first option. There's no clear cut #1, #2 and #3.

The same is true with the Pistons ... who have a 4 man option, with none of them being the man.

Celtics, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett....very much like the Spurs, it's a 3 star system, nobody is the first, 2nd or 3rd option.

In the Lakers, you have a clear cut system, Kobe is option #1, Pau is #2 option and Odom is the 3rd option. Lamar makes mental mistakes at times but excels during the Playoffs, he went crazy on the Suns last year.

1Parker1
03-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Lakers match up really well against the Spurs

In Kobe and Manu, both teams have a 4th quarter, clutch finisher.

Fisher, Sasha Vuijic, Farmar are all playing at a high enough level to counter Parker's statisical production

Gasol, Bynum, and Turiaf they have 3 big players they can throw at Duncan and limit Parker's penetration to the lane.

Offensively, Lakers bench is pretty even with the Spurs bench.

Both have HOF coaches. And No coach has more experience playing against a Duncan/Pop team in the playoffs than Phil Jackson.

On paper, the Lakers look to be as a good a matchup against the Spurs as the 2006 Mavericks did.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Odom is probably the most un-clutch player nba. Him and Ray Allen seem to always fuck things up when it matter most.

jag
03-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Ray Allen, Tony Parker, Rip Hamilton....the list goes on.

jag
03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Odom is probably the most un-clutch player nba. Him and Ray Allen seem to always fuck things up when it matter most.

Ray Allen is the best shooter in the NBA as well as one of the most clutch...wtf are you talking about.

I agree about Odom though.

DazedAndConfused
03-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Odom is an absolute idiot in the clutch. I'd advocate just taking him out of the game in those situations and subbing in a guy like Ariza who can play just as good defense.

T Park
03-03-2008, 02:14 PM

Fisher, Sasha Vuijic, Farmar are all playing at a high enough level to counter Parker's statisical production

Gasol, Bynum, and Turiaf they have 3 big players they can throw at Duncan and limit Parker's penetration to the lane.

Both have HOF coaches. And No coach has more experience playing against a Duncan/Pop team in the playoffs than Phil Jackson.

On paper, the Lakers look to be as a good a matchup against the Spurs as the 2006 Mavericks did.

That may be true, however. The 2006 Mavs beat the Spurs by going small and beating em at small ball.

The Lakers would lose small ball and have to stay big.
The Spurs lately never lose when they go big. Having Thomas and Duncan, out there together, against the Lakers is a big advantage for the Spurs.

I will reserve judgement for the next game the Spurs play against them to see how things go, but however, I would be more than fully confident in beating the Lakers in a 7 game series.

remingtonbo2001
03-03-2008, 03:06 PM
As much as I don't like to admit this, the Lakers have compiled a roster talented enough to dethrown the Spurs. The question in LA is how much of a contributor Bynum will be. What will his role be? How will he fit in? If I'm LA, I don't wanna rush him back, but he's going to need some time to become accustomed to the system again. You can't just throw him in come playoff time.

So, assuming Bynum is healthy, it's going to come down to coaching.

The Simulation Crew vs The Zen.

oboymeetsogirl
03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Ray Allen or Odom, "clutch" players? Unless you ever help your team get past the first or second round, you ain't never "clutch." Regular season superstardom don't count either. The real season is made up of seven game series.

Give Kobe credit -- he has the rings, and he's done what needs to be done in big games like Timmy, Manu, Bruce and Tony. But words like "clutch" need to be reserved only for those guys who've been there.

Brutalis
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSxgjTaKDrc
What a complete idiot.. how did I not see this beforeeee

Brutalis
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
More Odom magic

Wow Kobe is an idiot. More of his fault than Odom's that time.

MajorMike
03-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Everyone knows Odom has a special knack for disappearing in big games. So does Gasol.

I disagree. Gasol has a special knack for sucking his sack into his body in big games.

K-State Spur
03-03-2008, 04:07 PM

Except - when the Spurs are playing championship caliber basketball, they pretty much take everything away from another team's role players. In a 7 game series, I would expect the Lakers to get very little out of Farmar, Walton, Fisher, Turiaf, et al.

The question would be do both Gasol and Odom step up and give the Lakers reliable scoring options next to Kobe. Not that they won't, but if they do in the playoffs, it will be the first time.

2Cleva
03-03-2008, 04:14 PM
No way Odom is the best 3rd option. Not even top-10.

Boston, Detroit, SA, Orlando, Was (when healthy) are all clearly better.

When Marion was in Phx and Kidd in NJ I'd say they had them to.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-03-2008, 07:17 PM
As for Gasol being unclutch, how would we know? The only times he's been to the playoffs he's had no support around him - this year he will have a real team and a real coach. Gasol gets an incomplete.

DazedAndConfused
03-03-2008, 07:24 PM
As for Gasol being unclutch, how would we know? The only times he's been to the playoffs he's had no support around him - this year he will have a real team and a real coach. Gasol gets an incomplete.

Good point. If your team sucks there's only so much you can do, Kobe is the best player on the planet and even he couldn't get the Lakers out of the 1st round when they sucked.

honestfool84
03-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Good point. If your team sucks there's only so much you can do, Kobe is the best player on the planet and even he couldn't get the Lakers out of the 1st round when they sucked.

kobe MIGHT be the best player in the nba right now..
but don't you dare say he was the best player ever.

if you read this, then, ill give you the benefit of the doubt (after all, you are a lakers fan), and i think its safe to say that you'll admit kobe was not the greatest.

http://kobevsjordan.bravehost.com/index.html

but if you disagree, then read it again and :stfu

:)