PDA

View Full Version : Tyronn Lue to Sign with Mavs

Jeremy
03-03-2008, 01:20 AM
By Sekou K Smith | Monday, March 3, 2008, 12:16 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

[...]

Had a post-game phone conversation with Tyronn Lue and he says it’s official, he’s signing with the Dallas Mavericks. Lue was waived Friday by Sacramento and had his choice of teams (Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Charlotte, etc.) in need of a veteran backup point guard to help them through the end of the season and the playoffs. He fielded calls from good friends in Phoenix (Shaq, Grant Hill, etc.) but said he opted for the opportunity in Dallas because of the role he’ll play backing up a future Hall of Famer in Jason Kidd.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2008/03/03/a_sure_shot.html

Findog
03-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Hell fuck yeah! See you later JJB. After Utah tomorrow night, things are gonna get easy for a while: 5 game homestand against Houston, New Jersey, New York, Charlotte, Indiana and then @ Miami, followed by home against the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs and Clippers.

crc21209
03-03-2008, 01:33 AM
lol Lue doesnt make a damn difference. lol.

Findog
03-03-2008, 01:39 AM
lol Lue doesnt make a damn difference. lol.

Injury insurance for Kidd and a good 3-point shooter. If Kidd sprains an ankle, we're not going to beat the Spurs, Lakers or any big boys still left on our schedule, but we do have to beat the shit teams that are must-wins in order to make the playoffs. Lue would help with that. At this time of the year, he's a good waiver pickup. That's all. Nobody is planning a parade or anything.

Matchman
03-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Tyronn Lue is a ballhog who wants to be the man. i dont think u really want him

Xylus
03-03-2008, 03:03 AM
Lue > Barea

Period.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-03-2008, 03:23 AM
Barea was that bad? His speed looked like pretty effective from the games I saw. He was like an energizer bunny.

J.T.
03-03-2008, 04:40 AM
Injury insurance for Kidd and a good 3-point shooter. If Kidd sprains an ankle, we're not going to beat the Spurs, Lakers or any big boys still left on our schedule, but we do have to beat the shit teams that are must-wins in order to make the playoffs. Lue would help with that. At this time of the year, he's a good waiver pickup. That's all. Nobody is planning a parade or anything.

:tu

Pretty much agree with your take.

sribb43
03-03-2008, 08:33 AM
difference between JJB and Lue is that Lue can actually guard people in this league, something JJB cannot do..also people will have to respect t.lues shot....whether he sniffs the floor is one thing

ATRAIN
03-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Lue blows

ancestron
03-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Lue blows

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-03-2008, 09:50 AM
:lol that guy's still in the league?

hater
03-03-2008, 10:12 AM
:lol Lue maybe slightly better defensively than Barea but he actually might be worse offensively.

stretch
03-03-2008, 10:21 AM
:lol Lue maybe slightly better defensively than Barea but he actually might be worse offensively.
Are you retarded?

Lue may not be equipped to play great defense, but he does play hard and try his best to irritate his opponent. And he is very capable of scoring some points as well.

hater
03-03-2008, 10:35 AM
keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better.

truth is, Barea could also score as good or better than Lue. Lue is a slight improvement over barea, but not by much

and talking about retarded, didn't a mavfan create the Mavs over Lakers guarantee thread right? :lmao

AFBlue
03-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Lue is a solid pickup....

I've seen him play in Atlanta for the last few years. He's a good shooter and plays with alot of "moxie". I wouldn't characterize him as a ballhog....or anything other than "a solid player and professional".

If I had to make a comparison....he is to Dallas what Jannero Pargo is to New Orleans.

monosylab1k
03-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Meh. He'd be nice to have but I'm sure he's gonna have as much impact as Jamaal Magloire. What the fuck is that all about? He can't even suit up?

stretch
03-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Meh. He'd be nice to have but I'm sure he's gonna have as much impact as Jamaal Magloire. What the fuck is that all about? He can't even suit up?
He did suit up. I just think that they want to integrate him more into less intense games. Plus, Damp was a fuckin monster yesterday.

mavsfan1000
03-03-2008, 11:39 AM
We got our Iverson stopper. :D I think Avery is going to play him. Otherwise Lue wouldn't have picked this team.

ludda
03-03-2008, 01:17 PM
That Barea guy is pretty bad. He had one good game and then when I watched the Mavs play when Harris was out and Barea was running the point, he was out of control out there and had no clue.

ducks
03-03-2008, 03:01 PM
lue>kidd

lol

Findog
03-03-2008, 03:21 PM
lue>kidd

lol

sequ>ducks.

lol

remingtonbo2001
03-03-2008, 03:22 PM
lue>kidd

Vaughn>Lue>Kidd

LakeShow
03-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Hell fuck yeah! See you later JJB. After Utah tomorrow night, things are gonna get easy for a while: 5 game homestand against Houston, New Jersey, New York, Charlotte, Indiana and then @ Miami, followed by home against the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs and Clippers.

Damn it's a lot of haters on this site. Don't pay any attention to that BS,
Lue is a solid pickup and it was evident that the mavs needed a veteran backup for Kidd. Lue will only improve that team. I wish the Lakers would have picked him up.

confined
03-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Lue is a solid pickup and it was evident that the mavs needed a veteran backup for Kidd. Lue will only improve that team. I wish the Lakers would have picked him up.

meh, id take farmar over lue anyday

Findog
03-03-2008, 04:33 PM

Yeah, we're probably going to lose to Utah tonight, and then that would give us the same amount of losses at Golden State, but mark my words: only San Antonio and LA are better than us. We're just in a brutal stretch right now, four games in five nights, and road games against the Spurs, Lakers and Jazz. And the two losses so far came down to our final possession. We're gonna finish with around 53 or 54 wins if we stay healthy.

LakeShow
03-03-2008, 05:25 PM
meh, id take farmar over lue anyday

I would too at this point, but Lue will be a solid backup, if the lakers were to pick him up he could be used in cases when Farmer is not having one of his better games.