PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome is a tool/jackass

crc21209
03-03-2008, 05:06 PM
On his infamous Jim Rome is burning he claimed Phoenix and Dallas are done...That the Rockets are streaking....New Orleans and Utah will be there....and that we are waking up like we always do around this time of year....great points...but THEN he said the Lakers will be the team to beat in the playoffs and that hes missed the riots in L.A after winning and can't wait to riot again this Summer. Now one....we all know hes an idiot, but damn how bad does the National media need to jump on this L.A bandwagon? For one i really don't care I hope they continue sucking off the Lakers because we know we LOVE being the underdogs...but is 4 championships in 9 years STILL not enough to earn a crumb of respect?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
On his infamous Jim Rome is burning he claimed Phoenix and Dallas are done...That the Rockets are streaking....New Orleans and Utah will be there....and that we are waking up like we always do around this time of year....great points...but THEN he said the Lakers will be the team to beat in the playoffs and that hes missed the riots in L.A after winning and can't wait to riot again this Summer. Now one....we all know hes an idiot, but damn how bad does the National media need to jump on this L.A bandwagon? For one i really don't care I hope they continue sucking off the Lakers because we know we LOVE being the underdogs...but is 4 championships in 9 years STILL not enough to earn a crumb of respect?

Youre a tool for not realizing that by acknowledging this and posting it here means he won this particular battle.

Plus hes from CA.

DazedAndConfused
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Ah the widdle Spur's fan is upset he's not getting attention :) :)

ClingingMars
03-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I think Rome's show is comedic gold.

-Mars

Don Quixote
03-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Let's all calm down. All he's saying is (a) the Lakers are really good, and (b) that Laker fans tend to get violent when they win. Both are valid points.

And frankly, who cares who Rome's favorite team is? Ours is San Antonio, his is L.A. I've always thought he was funny.

crc21209
03-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Ah the widdle Spur's fan is upset he's not getting attention

Somebody doesnt know how to spell little. lol. Personally i agree with ClingingMars his show should be on freakin' Comedy Central. lol

jag
03-03-2008, 05:12 PM
He rides the Lakers hard, and anything West coast...as well as cock.

bigfan
03-03-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

All you need to know about that douchebag

crc21209
03-03-2008, 05:16 PM
lol. Wow! Never saw that...what a jackass he deserved that shit!

Agloco
03-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Promise that we'll get to see a mugshot of you if the Lakers win it all. Please......

703 Spurz

What would the difference be if he said the Spurs would win it all? It isn't like he decides who wins.

Grow a fucking pair dude. You're embarrasing Spurs Nation

hater
i really don't care

it looks like you do

Agloco
03-03-2008, 05:25 PM

He is a tool........

So much of one that you shouldn't have even bothered putting his bullshit on this board.

hater
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
how can ppl say he is funny. He acts and talks like a dick. I hope he really gets his ass kicked on tv one day

spursfan09
03-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Only in LA do they see violent riots as a postive thing.

samikeyp
03-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Who cares what anyone else says about the Spurs? As long as they handle their business on the court, everything else will fall into place.

ClingingMars
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU&NR=1

-Mars

dbreiden83080
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM

LOL you beat me to it, i was going to post that. So funny that Everett nailed him like that, Rome was such a clown and came off like a bitch.

GSH
03-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Rome has always used volume to try and make up for a lack of substance.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/jaysmyspacepictures/gifs/64705ky-1.gif

z0sa
03-03-2008, 06:03 PM
could someone fill me in on the background of the chris everett thing?

AFBlue
03-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Rome isn't the only one with his position, and I can see why...

Take Kobe....add Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Fisher and you've got a playoff team. Now, add Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Trevor Ariza, and Radmanovic (all of which are underrated and perform their function) and you've got a championship-contending team.

Bottom Line: On paper, this is the deepest most talented team. So it's no suprise people are riding their jock. Too bad it takes more than a compilation of talent to win the title...

Believe

oboymeetsogirl
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
It's the same thing every year. There are always a number of smart members of the press who don't dare bet against the Spurs, but even more trumping the Mavs, then the Suns, then the Pistons, and now the Lakers and the Celtics.

What's maddening is that this recent Lakers surge is basically one month old (at least the Mavs' and Suns' past excellence were based on records of season-long success); and the Lakers' presumed superiority essentially exists on paper, not on an actual basketball court (since this current lineup has not yet been tested in a playoff situation).

Ergo: Rome is just another idiot talking head, more likely to be eating crow come April-May. Why waste any further breath?

Solid D
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
could someone fill me in on the background of the chris everett thing?

Then LA Rams QB Jim Everett was called Chris by the immature Jim Rome on his TV show years ago (reference to Jim's "softness" as a player and a play on words with Women's Tennis Legend Chris Evert). Jim Everett told him not to call him Chris but Rome again called him Chris so Everett went after Jimmy on the set.

dbreiden83080
03-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Then LA Rams QB Jim Everett was called Chris by the immature Jim Rome on his TV show years ago (reference to Jim's "softness" as a player and a play on words with Women's Tennis Legend Chris Evert). Jim Everett told him not to call him Chris but Rome again called him Chris so Everett went after Jimmy on the set.

Yep and he had it coming too. You see Jim Everett is very nice to open the segment and Rome goes right at him saying "Jim, Check that Chris Everett", he was calling him out right then and there and Jim warned him to shut up. He is lucky he did not pop him one, i know i would have.

GSH
03-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Yep and he had it coming too. You see Jim Everett is very nice to open the segment and Rome goes right at him saying "Jim, Check that Chris Everett", he was calling him out right then and there and Jim warned him to shut up. He is lucky he did not pop him one, i know i would have.

I got news for you... Jim Rome is lucky Chris Everett didn't kick his ass. She is a very pleasant person, but I would never use her as an example of being "soft" during competition. And I wouldn't give Rome any more than a 50-50 chance in a smackdown with her.

peskypesky
03-03-2008, 06:23 PM

Jesus Christ! What a douchebag... I wish Everett would've knocked Rome's face in.

callo1
03-03-2008, 06:31 PM

Says the dumbass that continues to post on the Spurs board and and shows he has no life other than coming to another teams message board.

This guy is a sharp as a friggin plastic spork.

Herschel Walker
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
To Jimmy's credit he seemed to learn his lesson from the Everett situation and at least is smart enough not to clown people who are gracious enough to go on his show anymore.

Phil Hellmuth
03-03-2008, 06:42 PM
too many people jump on the "rome is a douche or a tool" bandwagon. His show is not that bad, and compared to other shows it really isn't that bad.

his radio show is entertaining and he can get some good guests on. Most of his takes (no matter how pompous they sound) are actually good takes.

Louie Vega
03-03-2008, 06:44 PM

If you have ever listened to his radio show you would know that he always talks shit about the Lakers. And thats cause he is in LA! Funny shit! :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM

...and the Lakers fan, like all Lakers fans, is a whining little attention whore...

T Park
03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Who cares if you get respect from Laker fans?

Cause thats what ROme is.
He grew up there and is a huge laker fan.

BonnerDynasty
03-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Jim Rome quote about Spurs recently:

"Yes. Your Dynasty is over."

We are a dynasty!? Wohoooooo

He gets some cool interviews though on a consistent basis. I can't really listen to his show b/c it is basically a bunch of dudes who bust inside jokes for 3 hours a day.

mavsfan1000
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
I can't stand that fucker. I'm glad I don't waste my time listening to that douchebag.

Shaolin-Style
03-03-2008, 07:48 PM
I never watch him, at all.

The fact he said our dynasty is over despite us still lingering at the top of the west is pathetic. I guess being a douchebag entitles him to getting away with being a homer on national television.

dbreiden83080
03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
All in all i still take him over that dirtbag Stephen A Smith who routinely likes to throw in what city he would like to be vacationing in as part of his so called critique of the teams. As if anyone gives a shit that he wants to be partying in Miami or LA, pretending he is not an ugly 40 year old still trying to act like he's 25.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Everett is/was a 6-5 220 lbs NFL QB. i dont give a shit one way or another about Rome but it takes balls to call him that when he knew he was going to piss the guy off.

T Park
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
The Lakers are the best team in basketball, period.

The standings and the record of defending champion says otherwise.

MajicMan
03-03-2008, 08:51 PM
The standings and the record of defending champion says otherwise.
You've never defended your title. Anyhow, we're about 3rd best behind the Celtics and Spurs.

Budkin
03-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I think Rome is pretty funny these days... and he always calls the Spurs a class act, especially when any Spur goes on his show.

Dave McNulla
03-03-2008, 09:04 PM
fans care too much what other people think. it's not just spurs fans, it's mavs fans, suns fans, kings fans, and even laker fans (which is why i've been banned from lakersground for several years).

SequSpur
03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
who cares... rome is a laker fan...wtf?

Brutalis
03-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Rome has just as wide of a hate base than a fan base, besides the comment posted on his show was one of the less ignorant ones.

Strike
03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I used to be a Jim Rome fan because of his brash attitude. But over the years I've learned that he is no different than any other sports media whore:

1. If you're not a good or great player or team, he'll talk 2 tons of shit.
2. If you become a good or great player or team, he'll kneel down and blow you.
3. If you are a guest on one of his shows, he'll kneel down and blow you.
4. If you were once great but fell from grace for whatever reason, he'll conveniently forget that he was blowing you 5 seconds earlier. And he'll talk 2 tons of shit.

I used to listen to the show every day. Now I may catch it twice a year.

Don Quixote
03-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't really care what his take is, honestly. His show is mostly funny, except for maybe the idiots who call in rambling. But I don't listen to Rome much, except when Rush (to whom I normally listen) is in commercial, then I'll switch it over.

Budkin
03-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Attack of the Clones.

1Parker1
03-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the Spurs are liking the fact that the media is giving the Lakers the edge in the Western Conference and acting like they are the defending champs. I always get worried when so called expert ESPN Analysts and tools actually pick the Spurs to win.

Besides, going for the Lakers is the "Sexy" choice. NBA Analysts on all these sports shows want ratings and they want attention, there's nothing that's going to excite fans and non-fans alike by picking the good, ol reliable Spurs. :lol

ambchang
03-03-2008, 11:41 PM
So he got his ass kicked by a person he mocked as soft, what does that make him?
As he was say, HE larious.

dbreiden83080
03-04-2008, 12:10 AM
So he got his ass kicked by a person he mocked as soft, what does that make him?
As he was say, HE larious.

He probably did it on purpose for the publicity. What did he think was going to happen?? That he was going to get Jim Everett on his show, talk all kinds of shit to his face and he was going to take it. At the very least he was trying to bait him into a huge argument and got more than he expected.

21_Blessings
03-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Cry more San Antonio. The media isn't exclusively sucking your dick anymore. Get over it. And have fun failing to repeat -- again.

Blackjack
03-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Rome is to sports journalism as the tabloids are to the news. No one ever said you had to have any substance to be entertaining. His takes sound like regurgitated talking points he's heard throughout the national media. That, or they show his lack of comprehension/ignorance to whatever he's "burning on."

I'm not going to hate on the guy though because at least for the most part he is entertaining. Shit, if I could get paid the kind of cash he's getting while essentially spewing out cliff notes? I'd do the same damn thing.

You know his L.A. bias going in, so I don't know why anybody would expect anything less than him being all over the home teams nuts. He's usually good for a couple of good guests, a couple of good laughs, and like most of the national media completely full of shit. Like our boy Bruce likes to say, "it is what it is."

Tenacious D
03-04-2008, 01:27 AM
He is no Chris Duel that is for sure!

JamStone
03-04-2008, 02:04 AM
What would the difference be if he said the Spurs would win it all? It isn't like he decides who wins.

Grow a fucking pair dude. You're embarrasing Spurs Nation

Intra-fanbase regulation should always be applauded.

mojorizen7
03-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Rome owes his fraudulent career to this man.
http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/img/dont-call-me-chris.jpg

xcomp
03-04-2008, 03:16 AM

This is one of the more pathetic posts I've seen on this forum so far. "waking up like we always do around this time of year" .... "not a crumb of respect?" You hate Jim Rome because he's from Cal and is giving the Lakers their due props, or you hate him because he's not worshipping at the throne of Poppovich and pre-declaring the Spurs repeat champions? For a fan of a team with four championships, your acute insecurity is somewhat disturbing.

bigfan
03-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I dont really give a damn if he thinks the Lakers or the Spurs is going all the way. Jim Rome is a tool.

hater
03-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Rome isn't the only one with his position, and I can see why...

Take Kobe....add Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Fisher and you've got a playoff team. Now, add Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Trevor Ariza, and Radmanovic (all of which are underrated and perform their function) and you've got a championship-contending team.

Bottom Line: On paper, this is the deepest most talented team. So it's no suprise people are riding their jock. Too bad it takes more than a compilation of talent to win the title...

Believe

r u serious? when is the last time Bynum, Odom, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Trevor Ariza, and Radmanovic ever won anything??

they are a damn good team but I don't see how it's logical to assume they are championship contending team. I'll wait until playoffs to make that call.

21_Blessings
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
r u serious? when is the last time Bynum, Odom, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Trevor Ariza, and Radmanovic ever won anything??

they are a damn good team but I don't see how it's logical to assume they are championship contending team. I'll wait until playoffs to make that call.

Are you going to wait until after the Lakers inevitably eliminate the Spurs from the playoffs?

dbreiden83080
03-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Cry more San Antonio. The media isn't exclusively sucking your dick anymore. Get over it. And have fun failing to repeat -- again.

Funny how the Fakers finally have a good year and tons of trolls show up. :rolleyes

703 Spurz
03-04-2008, 11:48 AM
You've never defended your title. Anyhow, we're about 3rd best behind the Celtics and Spurs.

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

sribb43
03-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Rome doesnt know jack about basketball

cash459
03-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Are you going to wait until after the Lakers inevitably eliminate the Spurs from the playoffs?

its quite hilarious how the lakers fans think that bynum is the second coming, when not even a year ago, kobe didnt even want his ass around....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZpWJtgvm5Q

if you cant hear it, he says that the lakers are reluctant to include bynum in the potential deal they were working on for kidd. and that kidd is who they need.

:lol great team chemistry... :lol

twincam
03-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Just put his ass in the same room with Jim Everett.

That'll wake up Jim Rome's ass

Cocksmith
03-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Jim Rome is a pussy that hides behind his emails to say the things he too scared to say about people. The emails he reads on air are fake. They're sent by his staff and he pretends that he's reading a listeners opinion because he knows that if he says some of those things about people in his own words that he will get slapped down like they were Jim Everett

hater
03-06-2008, 01:10 PM

why would I wait around until 2014?

DAINTX
03-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Never understood the fascination with Rome. I think he's boring. The guy uses the same worn-out phrasing, pregnant pauses, and 80s-hip banter every show. I mean, his delivery is kind of a joke in and of itself. He does have some good guests though. About the only saving grace IMO.

mexicanjunior
03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
That is one of the better things about living in Dallas, as opposed to SA, no longer being forced to listen to Rome during mid-days. Eventhough the Ticket (1310) in Dallas is all Maverick talk, I will take that over his constant Laker fawning. Also, I never really did like his show because, outside of the guest interviews, it is nothing but reading emails with silly signature names and letting people call and bitch about other callers.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
is this not on youtube yet?

word
03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Which is it ? Is he a tool or a jackass ?

I like Rome, but don't go out of my way to listen to him. They're all jackass's when they're stroking your opponent.

tp2021
03-06-2008, 07:02 PM
did anyone catch the day adam corrolla filled in for jim on his show? it was like watching two trains crash into each other, except nobody cares. it was quite an epic fail.