PDA

View Full Version : Would You go to a concert by yourself?

Thunder Dan
03-03-2008, 07:22 PM
So Arcade Fire is playing 2 free shows here in Cleveland. I need to make a decision in the next 25 minutes to whether or not I will attend my first concert by myself because none of my friends can or want to go. What would you do. I really like Arcade Fire, but I also don't want to be that tool at a concert by himself

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Go, go now.

Concerts are about the music, not your friends, so go and ENJOY THE MUSIC.

Spurminator
03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Part of the reason you're struggling with this decision is that you perceive people who attend concerts (and likely movies as well) to be tools. Most people don't. Go for it.

CuckingFunt
03-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't know that I'd go to a big stadium concert by myself, just because I know I'd probably be overwhelmed by navigating that many people on my own. But I've gone to a few smaller shows on my own and had a great time.

Thunder Dan
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Part of the reason you're struggling with this decision is that you perceive people who attend concerts (and likely movies as well) to be tools. Most people don't. Go for it.

With that logic, I'm going! I've gone to like 3 movies by myself, it only felt weird buying the ticket.. alright thanks!

mikejones99
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
lotta pussy at shows will put out

CuckingFunt
Part of the reason you're struggling with this decision is that you perceive people who attend concerts (and likely movies as well) to be tools. Most people don't. Go for it.:tu

I go to movies by myself all the time (I prefer it, actually), and all my friends assume that people must give me a hard time but it's simply not the case. No one gives a fuck, really.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
No, but I'm lazy and it's raining here.

katyon6th
03-03-2008, 11:08 PM
For Arcade Fire, maybe. Okay, probably yes.

MajicMan
03-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Nope, gotta roll with your homies or somebody at least but going by yourself? Nah

angel_luv
03-03-2008, 11:20 PM
It has always seemed silly to me to skip on something I want to do because no one is free or willing to attend with me.

So, I include friends whenever possible but have no problem going solo.

Go and enjoy.
You may even make new friends in the process. :)

RashoFan
03-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I went to a Dave Matthews Band concert by myself a fews years back and got a thrid road ticket! Best concert expierence I have had to date!

I hope you went to the concert and had a good time ThunderDan!

mrsmaalox
03-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I've been to one concert by myself, it was fine. I go to movies by myself all the time; doesn't really matter to me because a movie isn't a place I want conversation anyway. One of my favorite places to attend alone are golf tournaments; I went to the Masters alone once and it was one of the coolest things I've ever done. Oh and I met tons of interesting men! :p:

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Ive done it

marini martini
03-04-2008, 12:22 AM
One of my favorite places to attend alone are golf tournaments; I went to the Masters alone once and it was one of the coolest things I've ever done. Oh and I met tons of interesting men! :p:

The only one on this board that would say this :lol :toast :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-04-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm very surprised that this is even a topic of contention...

marini martini
03-04-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm very surprised that this is even a topic of contention...

Who's contentioning :dizzy

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-04-2008, 01:28 AM
No serious contentioning ( ;) ), just surprised it's even an issue I guess.

When it comes to concerts it just doesn't even come into my calculations whether or not friends are going with me - if I want to go, I'll go regardless. Then again, I am 6'7" and male, and have always been a bit of a loner, so going most places alone is not an issue for me.

marini martini
03-04-2008, 01:41 AM
No serious contentioning ( ;) ), just surprised it's even an issue I guess.
Then again, I am 6'7" and male, and have always been a bit of a loner, so going most places alone is not an issue for me.

Well there you have it, bucko! When you live in a large town America now days, and your a chick, going to a concert by your self, it could be a little risky, unless you're packin' heat or pepperspray :lol :lol

Or you're so loaded you don't give a fvk :dizzy

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2008, 01:52 AM
yes

braeden0613
03-04-2008, 03:07 AM
its arcade fire, so yes i would go

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-04-2008, 04:32 AM
Well there you have it, bucko! When you live in a large town America now days, and your a chick, going to a concert by your self, it could be a little risky, unless you're packin' heat or pepperspray :lol :lol

Or you're so loaded you don't give a fvk :dizzy

Gotcha! ;)

But I bet Thunder Dan's no chick, so I reckon he'd be okay on his own... he is Thunder Dan after all! :ihit

J.T.
03-04-2008, 06:34 AM
:tu

I go to movies by myself all the time (I prefer it, actually), and all my friends assume that people must give me a hard time but it's simply not the case. No one gives a fuck, really.

I go to the movies by myself too. It's better than going with friends because no one will talk to you during the movie and you can enjoy it more.

Thunder Dan
03-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Well I went by myself and it was awesome. I met some cool people who also went alone. It was pretty funny to hear a Canadian band hold free rally concerts for Obama, but oh well I got to hear the songs I came for. It was a good decision to go and I guess it's not really my first concert alone because I spent all of day 3 at Lollapalooza alone so I could be up front for Pearl Jam. I ended up meeting some really nice people from New York I still keep in touch with. I actually might start doing this more on weekdays.

Gotcha! ;)

But I bet Thunder Dan's no chick, so I reckon he'd be okay on his own... he is Thunder Dan after all! :ihit

it was at the place called the Beachland which is right in the very worst end of Cleveland (Bone Thugs are from around there). I have to admit, I was pretty scared parking the car and walking over there

florige
03-04-2008, 11:25 AM
It's def more fun when you go with people, but if its something I really want to see I'll go by myself without a doubt.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2008, 11:29 AM
i've done it. it's great. you don't have to worry about anyone.

florige
03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
So Arcade Fire is playing 2 free shows here in Cleveland. I need to make a decision in the next 25 minutes to whether or not I will attend my first concert by myself because none of my friends can or want to go. What would you do. I really like Arcade Fire, but I also don't want to be that tool at a concert by himself

Take that guy from your job dude..... :lol

monosylab1k
03-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Are you going to the concert to hang out with friends or watch the band play? Last I checked you don't need a buddy to hear music.

If you're doing a bench press then invite a buddy. If you're listening to music, who cares?

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Are you going to the concert to hang out with friends or watch the band play? Last I checked you didn't need a buddy to hear music.

Mono just says that because he has no friends.

monosylab1k
03-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Mono just says that because he has no friends.
holy shit this guy is obsessed with me. i'm guessing his insecurities over the internet pour over into his personal life, hence the thought that just because you have no problem doing something by yourself, it means you have no friends. Do you also need a buddy around to help you jack off, ATRAIN?

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
holy shit this guy is obsessed with me. i'm guessing his insecurities over the internet pour over into his personal life, hence the thought that just because you have no problem doing something by yourself, it means you have no friends. Do you also need a buddy around to help you jack off, ATRAIN?

Yeah internet insecurities spill over to real life hahaha, sure buddy. I never said I had a problem doing anything on my own if you read my post earlier you would know that. Its just funny to see you cry all over this board so I saw an opportunity and I took it, deal with it.

monosylab1k
03-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I never said I had a problem doing anything on my own if you read my post earlier you would know that.
You must have no friends.

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
You must have no friends.

Yup im sure thats it, nice try though.

midgetonadonkey
03-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I went to the Warped Tour in 2000 by myself. I had about 15 joints with me so that helped. It wasn't bad. I knew a lot of people at the show so I just spent most of my time roaming around and hanging with different people.

mrsmaalox
03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I went to the Warped Tour in 2000 by myself. I had about 15 joints with me so that helped. It wasn't bad. I knew a lot of people at the show so I just spent most of my time roaming around and hanging with different people.

Yes I could see where having 15 joints on you would make finding friends pretty easy! :tu

Thunder Dan
03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Take that guy from your job dude..... :lol

lol, funny you say that. I was listening to Kings of Leon at my desk the other day and he walked by and was like "man thats some good music, I could get into that kind of music, why don't you burn me a cd"....so basically he ruined KOL for me, I couldn't do that with any other band right now, just not ready

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 03:17 PM

Who played in 2000?

tlongII
03-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Of course. No one would go with me.

florige
03-04-2008, 03:30 PM
lol, funny you say that. I was listening to Kings of Leon at my desk the other day and he walked by and was like "man thats some good music, I could get into that kind of music, why don't you burn me a cd"....so basically he ruined KOL for me, I couldn't do that with any other band right now, just not ready

:lol

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 03:36 PM
I used to run into that problem a lot because my friends didnt like the music I did. Either way concert alone can be cool because if the bands suck you can leave without having to wait around for your friend or you can avoid leaving early because your friend wants to go.

CuckingFunt
03-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I missed two $10 concerts several years ago because I couldn't find anyone who wanted to go with me (one show was Southern Culture on the Skids, who no one had heard of, and the other was Cake when no one had time), and I was so pissed at myself that I swore I'd never let that stop me from seeing a show again.

katyon6th
03-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Well I went by myself and it was awesome. I met some cool people who also went alone. It was pretty funny to hear a Canadian band hold free rally concerts for Obama, but oh well I got to hear the songs I came for. It was a good decision to go and I guess it's not really my first concert alone because I spent all of day 3 at Lollapalooza alone so I could be up front for Pearl Jam. I ended up meeting some really nice people from New York I still keep in touch with. I actually might start doing this more on weekdays.

it was at the place called the Beachland which is right in the very worst end of Cleveland (Bone Thugs are from around there). I have to admit, I was pretty scared parking the car and walking over there

Cool shit like this does not happen in San Antonio. It's really unfortunate.

florige
03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I used to run into that problem a lot because my friends didnt like the music I did. Either way concert alone can be cool because if the bands suck you can leave without having to wait around for your friend or you can avoid leaving early because your friend wants to go.

Bingo! That or in the case of lil Wayne concerts riots and shootings start.

Thunder Dan
03-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Cool shit like this does not happen in San Antonio. It's really unfortunate.

yeah I guess it's a benefit for being the deciding state in 2004.

katyon6th
03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
yeah I guess it's a benefit for being the deciding state in 2004.

haha Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Thunder Dan
03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
haha Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

see Texas just couldn't pull it off because we in the other 49 states know you will be colored red. However, here in Ohio, people traditionally considered us red but that was the old Ohio. New Ohio knows that if they wait till the last minute to count their votes (like say 11:20ish) not only will we lead the news, but we will get free concerts 4 years down the road. We are the state that starves attention.

katyon6th
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
see Texas just couldn't pull it off because we in the other 49 states know you will be colored red. However, here in Ohio, people traditionally considered us red but that was the old Ohio. New Ohio knows that if they wait till the last minute to count their votes (like say 11:20ish) not only will we lead the news, but we will get free concerts 4 years down the road. We are the state that starves attention.

Well, you win.