PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas Cleared To Practice

duncan228
03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/03/03/bc.bkn.wizards.arenas.ap/index.html

Wizards' Arenas cleared to practice

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Gilbert Arenas will return to practice Tuesday for the Washington Wizards, the latest step in his long recovery from knee surgery.

"They cleared me to go out there and go full speed," the three-time All-Star guard said Monday. "But I am just going to take it slow."

Arenas' left knee has been acting up for nearly a year. He had surgery last April and pursued an aggressive rehabilitation regimen so that he could return for the start of this season. He lasted only eight games before having two more surgical procedures on his knee on Nov. 21.

Arenas began taking part in light, non-contact drills two weeks ago. There is still no timetable for his return to the lineup for the Wizards, who are also missing All-Star forward Caron Butler.

"It's nerve-racking because I don't want to get hurt again," Arenas said. "Two injuries back-to-back kind of messes with a guy's mental state. I am going to take it slow, work out tomorrow before practice, practice with the team -- and every day I am just going to try to build up the confidence mentally."

Despite Arenas' injury, the Wizards were contending for the Southeast Division title until Butler was sidelined a month ago with a hip injury. After a long slump, Washington has rebounded to win four of its last five and move within one game of .500, good enough for sixth place in the Eastern Conference.