ducks
03-03-2008, 11:35 PM
:fro

mavs>spurs2
03-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Omgz Those Mavz Really Suckzzzzz

mavsfan1000
03-03-2008, 11:37 PM
9 of the next 10 games at home. I expect us to gain some ground now.

gmanrulz
03-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Terrible trade. Kidd cant even beat his wife at this point.

lurker
03-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Kidd isn't the reason for these past two losses. That honor goes to Josh and Dirk.

td4mvp21
03-03-2008, 11:42 PM
They really need to get it together over that long home stretch. I would say "Don't worry, it's only _______" but...it's already March and there's less than two months before the playoffs. If they don't pick it up over the home stretch...but I expect them too.

SAtown
Terrible trade. Kidd cant even beat his wife at this point.

I'm trying to hold in my laughter...

spursRgay
Howard has been AWFUL since JKidd showed up

Amarelooms
03-03-2008, 11:44 PM
:fro

Wow any moron could have predicted that..brutal stretch...Mavs gonna have to fight to make the playoffs...no surprises here...mediocre teams need to do that :elephant

mFFL03
03-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Kidd isn't the reason for these past two losses. That honor goes to Josh and Dirk.

Um....I wouldn't be too sure about the Dirk comment.....he's worked his ass off in the last 10 games....

Jo-ho needs to get slapped upside the head

mFFL03
03-03-2008, 11:47 PM
They really need to get it together over that long home stretch. I would say "Don't worry, it's only _______" but...it's already March and there's less than two months before the playoffs. If they don't pick it up over the home stretch...but I expect them too.

don't get too cocky kid....anyone body in the top 5 can be in our place if they lose 2 or 3 in a row like us

td4mvp21
03-03-2008, 11:47 PM
If the Mavs pick it up, they will be fine. They won't go undefeated the rest of the season but I could see them being a very solid 53-29, 54-28 team.

ducks
03-03-2008, 11:48 PM
mavs and suns have not beaten a playoff team since they made their big trade

td4mvp21
03-03-2008, 11:48 PM
don't get too cocky kid....anyone body in the top 5 can be in our place if they lose 2 or 3 in a row like us

Uhhh I wasn't even being cocky, in fact I was saying that I think the Mavs will be fine.

Dex
03-03-2008, 11:49 PM
"Hey guys, let's trade away our future and try to retool our offense during one of the most critical stretch runs in Western Conference history"

Oh, that Cuban.

http://www.ceosmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/cuban-dancingx-large.jpg

ducks
03-03-2008, 11:49 PM
if lakers face mavs in first round they would get beat
phil>aj

lurker
03-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Um....I wouldn't be too sure about the Dirk comment.....he's worked his ass off in the last 10 games....

He didn't work his ass off in the Lakers game until the 4th quarter, and tonight his turnovers hurt us.

Josh played well tonight, but he was sucking hard in the previous games.

Allanon
03-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Mavs have a bunch of home games coming up...they should be able to make up for some lost games.

There will be some slipping coming in the next 2 weeks...most notably Spurs and Hornets will lose quite a few games due to a killer schedule.

Bad news for Mav fans is that the Warriors, Jazz and probably the Rockets will gain ground in that stretch.

word
03-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Seems the Suns are doing their best when they aren't playing. Ironic.

BonnerDynasty
03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
It's no big deal. Mavs are still a dangerous team once playoffs roll around and the regular season vanishes into its meaningless void.

Won't have to face the Warriors in the first round, or second round. Mission Accomplished.

ata
03-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Missing FT with 10 sec left in OT doesn't help to win. Sorry.

lurker
03-04-2008, 01:05 AM
There wouldn't have been an overtime if Dirk had shown up sooner, or if Josh had shown up at all.

SenorSpur
03-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Expect that to change very quickly. Mavs have a very favorable schedule coming up. A lot of home games.

dg7md
03-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Mavs will end up in the third seed when it's all said and done.

ata
03-04-2008, 02:20 AM
There wouldn't have been an overtime if Dirk had shown up sooner, or if Josh had shown up at all.
if, if, if

If Vujacic would hit 3-pointers with his average percentage....

Amarelooms
03-04-2008, 02:26 AM
if, if, if

If Vujacic would hit 3-pointers with his average percentage....

Vujacic is a scrub who needs to clam down...he thinks he is Reggie Miller out there....plus not like the Mavs players of Terry, Howard or Stack shot stellar...what like 20% :elephant

hater
03-04-2008, 10:03 AM
:lmao

good job Cuban

LEONARD
03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
4 games in 5 nights following a big trade against...

@ Spurs
Sac
@ Lakers
@ Jazz

Tough stretch except for Sac...all close games...

9 of the next 10 at home...

Mavs will be fine.

LEONARD
03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
"Hey guys, let's trade away our future and try to retool our offense during one of the most critical stretch runs in Western Conference history"

Oh, that Cuban.

I don't think there would've been so many game down to the wire on the road against division leaders with Harris and Diop instead of Kidd...

Much over-reaction going on...

monosylab1k
03-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Next six games are home games against Houston, New Jersey, New York, Charlotte, Indiana, and then at Miami.

They oughta go 6-0 during that stretch, any worse than 5-1 and this team is fucked. They really will be beating teams they're supposed to beat, and if they don't, you gotta question their heart & intensity.

E20
03-04-2008, 12:28 PM
This is all a ploy to avoid the Warriors in teh 1st round.

Findog
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
If Dirk is suspended for the Houston game, that will be very tough to win. That's still a damn good team even without Yao, and they're clicking on all cylinders right now.

Just an absolutely brutal stretch we've played, and we have an easy schedule left, 13 home games, 8 road, 2 back to backs, 12 games against +.500 teams, 9 games against sub .500 teams. But here is where this team has failed: in a playoff series you need to steal at least one road game. For a team that went to the finals and has won 67 games, there are no moral victories, especially when 39-22 has you a 1.5 games from the lottery. Taking San Antonio and LA to the final possession on their court, coming back against the Jazz in SLC when you're playing the 4th time in 5 nights, that shows you can hang with the West elite, but you have to get one of those. No excuses. I would've been satisfied with 1-2.

This team hasn't showed it can beat the big boys in their gym. That has to change. If we stay healthy, we're going to make the playoffs. But we're not getting past the second round if we can't win on the road.

monosylab1k
03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
If Dirk is suspended for the Houston game, that will be very tough to win. That's still a damn good team even without Yao, and they're clicking on all cylinders right now.

Just an absolutely brutal stretch we've played, and we have an easy schedule left, 13 home games, 8 road, 2 back to backs, 12 games against +.500 teams, 9 games against sub .500 teams. But here is where this team has failed: in a playoff series you need to steal at least one road game. For a team that went to the finals and has won 67 games, there are no moral victories, especially when 39-22 has you a 1.5 games from the lottery. Taking San Antonio and LA to the final possession on their court, coming back against the Jazz in SLC when you're playing the 4th time in 5 nights, that shows you can hang with the West elite, but you have to get one of those. No excuses. I would've been satisfied with 1-2.

This team hasn't showed it can beat the big boys in their gym. That has to change. If we stay healthy, we're going to make the playoffs. But we're not getting past the second round if we can't win on the road.
Norm was talking about how they have 9 out of 10 at home, with the road game in Miami. He says if they go worse than 9-1 in that stretch, there's reason for concern. I think I agree. Sure we play SA, LA, & Boston, but we have them at home, and if we're really on their level we should be able to beat them at home.

LakeShow
03-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Norm was talking about how they have 9 out of 10 at home, with the road game in Miami. He says if they go worse than 9-1 in that stretch, there's reason for concern. I think I agree. Sure we play SA, LA, & Boston, but we have them at home, and if we're really on their level we should be able to beat them at home.

Hey man, why are you not paying off your bet with the Lakers as your team?

Findog
03-04-2008, 04:27 PM

Yep. Assuming Dirk doesn't get suspended, those three and Houston are the toughest games out of the next ten, and we should get 3 of those. The others are automatic wins, or should be anyway.

monosylab1k
03-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey man, why are you not paying off your bet with the Lakers as your team?
sorry I forgot all about that actually, i'll change it now

LakeShow
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
sorry I forgot all about that actually, i'll change it now

:tu Now I feel like i won. Thanks

Jeremy
03-04-2008, 04:59 PM
mavs and suns have not beaten a playoff team since they made their big trade

Why do I keep seeing this? The Suns beat the best team in the league with Shaq. (We also beat playoff teams Washington and Dallas after the trade, before Shaq played.)

Suns are 1-3 against elite teams with Shaq.

Mavs are 0-4 against elite teams with Kidd.

DazedAndConfused
03-04-2008, 05:01 PM
:tu Now I feel like i won. Thanks

MBENGA!!! I love it mono.

Findog
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Why do I keep seeing this? The Suns beat the best team in the league with Shaq. (We also beat Washington and Dallas after the trade, before Shaq played.)

Suns are 1-3 against elite teams with Shaq.

Mavs are 0-4 against elite teams with Kidd.

Mavs played @ New Orleans, San Antonio, LA and Utah.

Suns have played VS. LA, Boston, Detroit and @ New Orleans.

Both teams were blown at @ NOLA, so that's a wash. Dallas going down on their final possession on the road against the Lakers and Spurs, plus going down to the wire against Utah in SLC in their fourth game in five nights, that is more impressive than what Phoenix has done. Boston is not the best team in the league, WTF????

Suns are playing like shit, Mavs are hanging with the best the West has to offer. There's no comparison between the two. In any event, both teams had better start getting some W's if they want to even make the playoffs.

Here's what Phoenix has left: 11 Home , 12 Road, 16 +.500 teams, 7 -.500 teams, 5 Back to Backs

Here's what Dallas has left: 13 Home, 8 road, 12 +.500 teams, 9 -.500 teams, 2 Back to Backs.

Good luck, your team needs it!

Holmes_Fans
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM

Last 10 games for Dirk
Avg 30 points
50% from the field
48% from 3
9.2 rebounds

Josh on the other hand is shooting under 40%, averagins a season low for the month of Feb at 16 points.

Jkidd is shooting 45%

Holmes_Fans
03-04-2008, 06:23 PM
as long Howard doesn't have his head up his ass and plays like he did yesterday by driving to the basket more Dallas will be fine. All they need is to win a couple of games in a row and they are back in the mix.
He needs to have it out for the entire game. He for some reason thinks he is a good jump shooter, it would be nice if he realized that outside the paint he is a below average player at best.

gmartin02
03-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Mavs played @ New Orleans, San Antonio, LA and Utah.

Suns have played VS. LA, Boston, Detroit and @ New Orleans.

Both teams were blown at @ NOLA, so that's a wash. Dallas going down on their final possession on the road against the Lakers and Spurs, plus going down to the wire against Utah in SLC in their fourth game in five nights, that is more impressive than what Phoenix has done. Boston is not the best team in the league, WTF????

Suns are playing like shit, Mavs are hanging with the best the West has to offer. There's no comparison between the two. In any event, both teams had better start getting some W's if they want to even make the playoffs.

Here's what Phoenix has left: 11 Home , 12 Road, 16 +.500 teams, 7 -.500 teams, 5 Back to Backs

Here's what Dallas has left: 13 Home, 8 road, 12 +.500 teams, 9 -.500 teams, 2 Back to Backs.

Good luck, your team needs it!
I agree - Mavs have actually looked pretty competitive against "elite" teams, and don't need to worry, as long as they take care of business at home - the Suns on the other hand, have looked like complete crap - they actually looked better after the Marion trade before Shaq started playing - if Allen & Pierce hadn't both had their worst games of the season in the same game, Suns would have also lost to Boston.

Suns fans should get out their hara-kiri knives out now and put themselves out of their misery before it really gets ugly.

Findog
03-04-2008, 08:12 PM
He needs to have it out for the entire game. He for some reason thinks he is a good jump shooter, it would be nice if he realized that outside the paint he is a below average player at best.

When Howard came into the league, he didn't have a good jump shot. I understand that's a facet of his game he wanted to improve upon, but he's fallen in love with the J and gone away from his strengths as a slasher.

Part of his troubles is that defenders are sagging off Kidd and his outside shot and packing the paint to defend against him doing backdoor cuts.

Findog
03-04-2008, 08:18 PM
I agree - Mavs have actually looked pretty competitive against "elite" teams, and don't need to worry, as long as they take care of business at home - the Suns on the other hand, have looked like complete crap - they actually looked better after the Marion trade before Shaq started playing - if Allen & Pierce hadn't both had their worst games of the season in the same game, Suns would have also lost to Boston.

Suns fans should get out their hara-kiri knives out now and put themselves out of their misery before it really gets ugly.

My attitude is that they needed only to get one of the last three against the Lakers, Spurs and Jazz to be successful. In a series that goes the distance you'll play 3 games on the road and championship teams get a road W when they need one. They really needed a road win these past three games and close doesn't cut it. The only saving grace is that our schedule is about to get easier.