PDA

View Full Version : In Rugged West, Spurs Welcome All Comers

duncan228
03-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Short and sweet.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/2008-03-03-confident-spurs_N.htm

In rugged West, Spurs welcome all comers
By Chris Colston

The defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs own the best record in the Western Conference and have won nine consecutive games. They seem to have risen to the challenge posed by conference competitors the Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks, teams that recently added high-profile players in trades.

"I don't want to go into the playoffs seeded sixth, seventh or eighth, because the teams are so much better," coach Gregg Popovich says. "It's a significantly more competitive situation. It's great for fans and hard on coaches."

Spurs center Tim Duncan also welcomes the challenge. "Everybody asks me, 'You've got four rings. What's your motivation to do it again?' " he says. "Your motivation is because you want to do it again. You've been there and you've enjoyed being on top of the league and there's no place like it."

DazedAndConfused
03-04-2008, 12:11 AM
As much as I hate to say it I think the Spurs have the best chance of making it out of the WC this year. Every single other elite team in the WC is going to have to deal with integrating new players and developing cohesion. The Spurs are already a finely tuned machine ready to rumble come playoff time. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like SPAM is happening and Parker is playing some great ball now.

The Lakers have an outside shot of winning the WC this year and it really all hinges on what Bynum is able to bring to the team when he gets back. We need his defensive presence in the middle more than anything. That being said, I think the Lakers are a definite lock for some rings within the next 5 years. Kobe in his prime, Bynum a beast, Gasol in his prime, an *experienced* playoff-tested bench, Phil Jackson.

Holt's Cat
03-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Maybe Bynum can just skip playing the rest of his career and be enshrined in Springfield this summer.

Allanon
03-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Maybe Bynum can just skip playing the rest of his career and be enshrined in Springfield this summer.

I know y'all think we are crazy thinking that a 20 year old kid is that good. I hated Bynum last year and this year I thought he should have been traded. I thought he was overhyped and would never be any good.

Bynum spent the whole summer working out and training.

Lakerfans have not been drinking the Kool-Aid that kid is for real, I think he will be the best center playing in the Western Playoffs (Yao will be out)

<---- Look at Bynum's muscles last year / Now look at this year ---->

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/9/9c/Act_andrew_bynum.jpg http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-01/34660689.jpg

DazedAndConfused
03-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Holy shit was that photochopped? I know his legs got stronger, but damn his arms are beastial in that pic. The great thing is he hasn't even come close to his physical potential.

Holt's Cat
03-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Whoa. He has muscles. Induct him in Canton too.

DazedAndConfused
03-04-2008, 01:06 AM
^^^HATER, haha.

Holt's Cat
03-04-2008, 01:16 AM
^^^HOMER, haha.

DazedAndConfused
03-04-2008, 01:17 AM
^^^PUSSY, haha.

ancestron
03-04-2008, 01:17 AM
~~dA sPuRz iZ Da bEsT tEaM EvA...~~~

Holt's Cat
03-04-2008, 01:22 AM
^^^TROLL, haha.

DazedAndConfused
03-04-2008, 01:26 AM
^^best photochop ever

phyzik
03-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Being stronger doesnt mean you will automatically be in the correct spot on the defense. I dont care how strong you are, if you are not in the correct spot you will still get owned. you will just look better doing it.

xmas1997
03-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Regarless of how the Lakers do this year or any other, one fact remains, .........
Phill Jackson SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.T.
03-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Regarless of how the Lakers do this year or any other, one fact remains, .........
Phill Jackson SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm sure his 9 rings agree with you.

J.T.
03-04-2008, 06:45 AM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-01/34660689.jpg

Oh my God! Doesn't the NBA test for steroids? He's just like Dwight Howard! No way his muscles could get that big so fast without roids!