PDA

View Full Version : Dissent on the Right is starting to show...

JoeChalupa
01-10-2005, 10:38 AM
I had a feeling this was going to happen but I at least thought they'd have the decency to wait until Dubya was sworn in. But no, the "Right" is beginning to cave in on itself even before they can enjoy the spoils of their "divide and conquer" strategy. I knew that if Dubya won the election it wouldn't be too long before the nay sayers would come out tell how they really feel about Dubya's performance because they would need to start their strategy for their own bid for the White House.

Christine Todd Whitman is releasing a new book distancing herself from the White House and it's ridiculous policies (most notably this administrations chaos Iraq.) You could sense that she was ready to blow the whistle after she left her cabinet post. Putting her book out just prior to Dubya's swearing in is a nice kick in the juevos to Dubya.

What I didn't see coming was Newt's clear attack on their beloved Commander in Chief. His remarks yesterday abuot Dubya's Iraq blunder/adventure (among other things) all the while positioning himself for a possible run in 2008. I guess the gloves are off now that Dubya is a "lame duck"?

Newt Gingrich is taking steps toward a potential presidential bid in 2008 with a book criticizing President Bush's policies on Iraq and a tour of early campaign states.

While giving Bush credit for recognizing the threats posed by terror, Gingrich said U.S. intelligence capabilities are one-third of the size needed. On Iraq, he writes that the Bush administration erred by creating a U.S.-led provisional authority instead of quickly creating an interim government as it did in Afghanistan.

He also accused the administration of underestimating the effect of anti-U.S. propaganda from the Arab rule and lacking a strategy to deal with insurgents. "This lack of strategic planning led to the tragedy of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal," Gingrich wrote.

Now the next time Newt appears on Hannity or O'Reilly's show should be very interesting. These idiots are so used to bending over and letting Newt rim them while they spew their love about Dubya's virtues and manliness that all future appearances might get kind of messy.

This should be fun! And it is only the beginning as other republicans begin their campaigns for the Big Cheese.

Hook Dem
01-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Wow Joe! If memory serves me right, you are always complaining about people still kicking 'ol Bill around. I wonder what good it does for you to call Bush a "lame duck". Was that just a clever political term? I hope your "boy" Kerry runs again so you can be miserable for another 4 years. You are having a wet dream when you blatantly state that "dissention on the right is starting to show". :lol

JoeChalupa
01-10-2005, 11:27 AM
My point is Hook Dem is that we are going to see some prominent republicans having to disagree or at least question, not that there aren't already, Bush's deciions and policies but I didn't think it would begin this early.
My use of the term "Lame Duck" refers to the fact that he will not be the incumbent come 2008 and that there will be some strong positioning amongst republicans for that coveted "potential presidential nominee" title.

That is all I'm saying. You don't think there will be?

Yonivore
01-10-2005, 11:46 AM
My point is Hook Dem is that we are going to see some prominent republicans having to disagree or at least question, not that there aren't already, Bush's deciions and policies but I didn't think it would begin this early.
My use of the term "Lame Duck" refers to the fact that he will not be the incumbent come 2008 and that there will be some strong positioning amongst republicans for that coveted "potential presidential nominee" title.

That is all I'm saying. You don't think there will be?
Posturing for 2008. It doesn't hurt the President anymore...

JoeChalupa
01-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Of couse not, he can't run again so he's fair game.

Hook Dem
01-10-2005, 11:51 AM
What you see is "normal positioning" for that coveted post. This always happens on both sides of the fence. They cut each others throats jockying for position and in the end, they all go to bed together. Nothing "new". I wouldn't read too much into that Joe. Thats all I'm saying. Case in point...look at Kerry and Edwards. Didn't have too many kind things to say about each other in the primaries but ended up in bed together. How shocking!!! :lol

JoeChalupa
01-10-2005, 11:59 AM
That is true but I believe that we are in a time facing serious challenges such as the war in Iraq, Social Security, the national debt. More so than in prior elections.
Of course there is always going to be, at least there should be, disagreements between members of the same party and Henry Cueller is a prime example.
I'm just saying that it's going to be very interesting indeed...to me at least.

Hook Dem
01-10-2005, 12:05 PM
I,for one, doubt we will see anything as interesting as the one that just occurred. That one was classic! History shows that American's become bored with the status qou about every 8 years and switch just for the sake of switching. However, that said, I think the Democrats better get on the bandwagon, or they will miss their turn. :lol

JoeChalupa
01-10-2005, 12:15 PM
You are correct sir. The time has come for the true democrats to take their party back and kick some ass in 2008. Oh yes, the time is now.

Come on fellow democrats........let's rock.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Damn, Newt as an opponent has to be a best-case scenario for Democrats in 08.

Hook Dem
01-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Put it back in your pants Chump! It ain't gonna happen! :lol

Yonivore
01-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Of couse not, he can't run again so he's fair game.
Fair game?

ChumpDumper
01-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Put it back in your pants Chump! It ain't gonna happen! I know, he'd be destroyed by other republicans in the primaries. The mud is just sitting there wating to be slung.

Hook Dem
01-10-2005, 02:08 PM
I know, he'd be destroyed by other republicans in the primaries. The mud is just sitting there wating to be slung.
:lol Some of 'em just don't know when to quit! Maybe he should subject himself to the mud. I'll throw some myself. :lol