PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings 3-3-08 Rockets on top again

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 08:24 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/marty_burns/03/03/power.rankings/index.html?eref=T1

Damn what crap, I mean props to the Rockets but how do you give a team that is almost 3 games back on the Div the top spot. 15 game win streak, yeah thats all fine and dandy but what about 9 game win streak and defending NBA champs!! I know I know power rankings are crap and don't mean anything but where is the respect.

ArgSpursFan.
03-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Power ranking don't really mean best team in the league.
It's just a recognition to the hotest team of the month.
Just like the player of the month award,manu got it in feb,but that doesn't mean He's the best player in the league.get it now?

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Power ranking don't really mean best team in the league.
It's just a recognition to the hotest team of the month.
Just like the player of the month award,manu got it in feb,but that doesn't mean He's the best player in the league.get it now?

Oh I get it but it should still be the spurs getting credit.

robbie380
03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
those rankings are based more on what the team has done recently i believe. and for what it's worth (not very much unless we do something in the playoffs) the rockets are easily the hottest team in league right now. in the last 10 games they are winning by 14.6 ppg (#1), outshooting teams by 6.6%/game (#1), opponent FG% (#1), out assisting teams by 6.9 apg (#1), and outrebounding teams by 7.4 rpg (#1). so it's not as if the streak is bs but we will see how this team will react after getting punched in the face by a good team like the mavs on thursday. who knows...maybe it will be the rockets doing the punching instead. i'd like to believe that will happen since we are absolutely destroying teams on the boards and playing stellar defense but i won't jinx it.

and for a wtf?? stat the rockets are also #1 in FT% defense??? over the last 10 at 67% and #2 for the year.

CubanMustGo
03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Power rankings: where irrelevancy happens.

DaDakota
03-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Tell ya what, you guys can get the higher rank....and give us the Championship.

Point being....who cares about power rankings. You guys have the rings.

DD

MajorMike
03-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Mutbombo, the new starting center, played about one-third of his total minutes for the entire season in those three victories last week.

That's gonna last.

TheSanityAnnex
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I always love these threads.

OP says he understands power rankings are crap and meaningless.
OP then says how his teams not getting respect.
OP looks like an idiot.

ATRAIN
03-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I always love these threads.

OP says he understands power rankings are crap and meaningless.
OP then says how his teams not getting respect.
OP looks like an idiot.

I am sure im not the only one that enjoys looking at power ranking and likes to see my team on top and im sure im not the only one who hates that the media doesnt show respect to my team. I think its funny how you feel you have to be a dick in every thread you post in.

Indazone
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
See you guys at the end of the month :D

TheSanityAnnex
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Damn what crap, I mean props to the Rockets but how do you give a team that is almost 3 games back on the Div the top spot. 15 game win streak, yeah thats all fine and dandy but what about 9 game win streak and defending NBA champs!! I know I know power rankings are crap and don't mean anything but where is the respect.The funniest part about this post is that you answer all of your own questions right after you ask them.

Tippecanoe
03-04-2008, 04:46 PM

what phantom player of the month award are you referring to??