PDA

View Full Version : Spurs on Internet

thirdc0ast
03-04-2008, 01:41 PM
First post here, but hope to contribute a good share of opinion and comments.

Unfortunately, my job has landed me in Dallas. In Austin, FSN-SW would play most of the Spurs games, however, not in Dallas. In the DFW area, FSN-SW would rather show pointless sports highlights of Big 12 Volleyball than the Spurs games.

Now I plan on getting Dish next season so I can get more of the games, or even get NBA League Pass, but for now, I am stuck to games on TNT and ESPN at times. With that being said, I am asking for help regarding listening to the games online.

Are there any SA or central TX radio stations that stream the games live on their sites? Or perhaps any other means? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mexicanjunior
03-04-2008, 01:47 PM

Unfortunately, my job has landed me in Dallas. In Austin, FSN-SW would play most of the Spurs games, however, not in Dallas. In the DFW area, FSN-SW would rather show pointless sports highlights of Big 12 Volleyball than the Spurs games.

Now I plan on getting Dish next season so I can get more of the games, or even get NBA League Pass, but for now, I am stuck to games on TNT and ESPN at times. With that being said, I am asking for help regarding listening to the games online.

Are there any SA or central TX radio stations that stream the games live on their sites? Or perhaps any other means? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I live in North Dallas and am usually able to pick up WOAI on the radio at night (when games are usually on). I dont think stations are able to stream live feeds off games since that is against NBA copyright policies. You may want to look into NBA Audio League Pass until you can get League Pass thru Dish (which I have and love). It usually only runs about 35 bucks and you get every NBA game feed plus archived games all season long...

Bruno
03-04-2008, 01:53 PM
A free audio stream is available on nba.com for each game.

Barbarian
03-04-2008, 01:56 PM

Check your PMs.

Spurs Fan in PCB
03-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I live in Florida and have the NBA League Pass - money well spent as I try never to miss a game. But WOAI.com has the option broadcast over the net as well http://radio.woai.com/main.html. What is pretty interesting is that I can still pick up WOAI on the radio on a clear night. It's cool to hear "This is your Spurs Radio" considering I'm 865 miles away!

duncan228
03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
League Pass is the only way I survive as an out-of-state Spurs fan.
I think they have their end of the season special going on, you can get the rest of the regular season pretty cheap. I think it's $59. but I'm not sure.

Barbarian
03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I live in Florida and have the NBA League Pass - money well spent as I try never to miss a game. But WOAI.com has the option broadcast over the net as well http://radio.woai.com/main.html. What is pretty interesting is that I can still pick up WOAI on the radio on a clear night. It's cool to hear "This is your Spurs Radio" considering I'm 865 miles away!

Damn....I barely pick it up and I'm only 150 miles away. :pctoss

txstr1986
03-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I can sometimes get WOI and I live in Irving, right next to Texas Stadium.

hater
03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
listen?? these days you can watch games free on the internet. thank you Al Gore!

oboymeetsogirl
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Where can you watch *free* on the internet?

Spurs Fan in PCB
03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Damn....I barely pick it up and I'm only 150 miles away. :pctoss
Yeah, I'm always surprised when I hear it. I'm like damn when we make the drive between here and there we don't get it I have no clue why we can sometimes get it here but not in areas in between....

thirdc0ast
03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
thanks for all the responses. I'll look more into the suggestions.

ClingingMars
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
www.spurs.com when a game is on, click on listen under the score. you'll need an NBA.com account but that's free too.

-Mars

Manu_Ginobili
03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Where can you watch *free* on the internet?

CANNOT BE POSTED HERE...legally...

ClingingMars
03-04-2008, 07:40 PM
CANNOT BE POSTED HERE...legally...

That's what PM is for ;)

-Mars

coopdogg3
03-04-2008, 07:48 PM
That's what PM is for ;)

-Mars

Umm, can I get one of those PMs? Don't want to get Kori in trouble.

ClingingMars
03-04-2008, 07:53 PM

i'm not one of the guys who handles streaming video, I settle for audio league pass.

-Mars

Manu_Ginobili
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM

CHECK YOU PMs - it is there already!!!

GO SPURS!!!

Manu_Ginobili
03-04-2008, 08:01 PM

I saw you already got it. Be careful, use it on your own...Tell me what you think??? I saw it during the game Patriots-Giants - someone posted it on the net...don't know the source...

it's me
03-04-2008, 08:06 PM
CHECK YOU PMs - it is there already!!!

GO SPURS!!!

estemmmmm!!! tirame el dato jeje