PDA

View Full Version : Fox Goes Apeshit over Moss "Faux Moon"

Spurminator
01-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Football broadcasters and analysts at the Fox Network expressed their disgust over celebrations by Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss after his second touchdown in the Vikings' 31-17 victory over the Green Bay Packers in their NFC Wild Card Playoff game yesterday.

Moss' actions, including a pantomime "moon" and "wipe" on the goal post, were unanimously derided by commentators on Fox, the network known for airing programs such as "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire" and "Who's Your Daddy?"

"That was a disgusting act," bemoaned play-by-play man Joe Buck, who works for the Fox, the network responsible for such bastions of good taste as "Married With Children" and "Models Inc."

"I would like to see the NFL make a statement with a heavy fine," said analyst Terry Bradshaw in the Post Game Show on Fox, which has scheduled shows like "Celebrity Boxing" in its relatively brief history as a syndicated network.

Analysts Howie Long and James Brown also condemned Moss' actions. "He just doesn't get it," said Long.

The Fox Network, makers of the program "Joe Millionaire" and employer of Terry Bradshaw, declined to comment.

T Park
01-10-2005, 12:38 PM
WTF does there shows have to do with it.

There commentators didnt make those stupid shows, this writer is a dumbass.

Moss is a pile of crap, but saying that, gets you accused of being a racist.

SO who gives a shit.

Hook Dem
01-10-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm gonna agree with TPark.

tlongII
01-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Big deal. It wasn't like he actually pulled his pants down. Total over-reaction by the Fox broadcasters.

Spurminator
01-10-2005, 12:59 PM
I wrote it. It was a joke... I'm not saying they're responsible for Fox programming, just thought it was funny that THAT's so reprehensible to some people considering all of the crap on around it.

I didn't see what Moss did at first. I heard Joe Buck commenting on it and then I heard the Post Game crew lamenting it. When I finally saw the highlight that night, I couldn't believe that they had gotten so up-in-arms about it.

It's not like he rushed the stands or showed his testicles.

Duff McCartney
01-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Joe Buck went apeshit over it. I bet even Troy and Chris were like god damn settle down.

Troy: "Calm down, Joe."

Chris: "Get over it Joe."

Joe: "That was one slam-a-lama[gong]ding-dong unclassy move."

Hook Dem
01-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Just remember that Joe Horn got a hefty fine for calling someone on his "cel phone". Is this not worse than that?????? And this is the guy who calls attention to himself on a daily basis. Moss = SHIT BALL

Spurminator
01-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I didn't really think Joe Horn's move was a big deal either.

violentkitten
01-10-2005, 01:45 PM
what we really need is the clean and wholesome entertainment that is a amateur movie of paris hilton sucking and fucking

rr2418
01-10-2005, 02:03 PM
:( The NFL shouldn't have never allowed any player scoring a TD to celebrate to that extreme. Sure it wasn't the real thing, but who the hell wants to watch that? Real fans are watching for the game! And only the game! First of all, it looks stupid. Secondly, they look like little sissies! I mean, what ever happened to scoring a TD, and then spiking the ball, or just handing the ball to the ref? Football was so much better back in the 70's. A time when it seemed players actually cared about the game. Now what do we have? Players with cell phones, sharpies, dancing like sissies, and simulating mooning the fans. The NFL opened a can of worms when it first allowed that kind of celebrations. I guess Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson was the first. The NFL should 've put a stop to that a long time ago! I hope they do fine Moss and anyone else in the future.:(

timvp
01-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Football broadcasters and analysts at the Fox Network expressed their disgust over celebrations by Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss after his second touchdown in the Vikings' 31-17 victory over the Green Bay Packers in their NFC Wild Card Playoff game yesterday.

Moss' actions, including a pantomime "moon" and "wipe" on the goal post, were unanimously derided by commentators on Fox, the network known for airing programs such as "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire" and "Who's Your Daddy?"

"That was a disgusting act," bemoaned play-by-play man Joe Buck, who works for the Fox, the network responsible for such bastions of good taste as "Married With Children" and "Models Inc."

"I would like to see the NFL make a statement with a heavy fine," said analyst Terry Bradshaw in the Post Game Show on Fox, which has scheduled shows like "Celebrity Boxing" in its relatively brief history as a syndicated network.

Analysts Howie Long and James Brown also condemned Moss' actions. "He just doesn't get it," said Long.

The Fox Network, makers of the program "Joe Millionaire" and employer of Terry Bradshaw, declined to comment.

:lmao

Classic stuff.

Guru of Nothing
01-10-2005, 02:24 PM
I thought the Green Bay defense was the most "offensive" thing on the field yesterday.

mysterious_elf26
01-10-2005, 05:36 PM
You and I know that the only reason they are making a big deal out of this is becasue the person that did it was Moss.

T Park
01-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Joe Buck went apeshit over it. I bet even Troy and Chris were like god damn settle down.

Troy: "Calm down, Joe."

Chris: "Get over it Joe."

Joe: "That was one slam-a-lama[gong]ding-dong unclassy move."

See, once again Dunce, you show your absolute stupidity.

Troy Aikman also called the act disgusting, wich, IMO, it wasnt really, but thats there opinion.

Joe Buck is easily the best play by play broadcaster in the game, and it stinks that the Cardinals dont have him for every game like they used to, cause IMO, hes really funny, and hes a great PBP guy.

Dre_7
01-10-2005, 07:33 PM
I thought the Green Bay defense was the most "offensive" thing on the field yesterday.

Brett Favre's play was pretty disgusting too. Well, at least for Slacker fans. I actually loved watching Favre and the pack get crushed.

Duff McCartney
01-10-2005, 07:56 PM
See, once again Dunce, you show your absolute stupidity.

Troy Aikman also called the act disgusting, wich, IMO, it wasnt really, but thats there opinion.

Joe Buck is easily the best play by play broadcaster in the game, and it stinks that the Cardinals dont have him for every game like they used to, cause IMO, hes really funny, and hes a great PBP guy.

I know both Troy and Chris criticized it...but not to the extent Joe Buck was.

T Park
01-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Joe Buck was right.

But of course, in your fantasy land, Buck Im sure is a raving, racist, right wing, whacko.

IceColdBrewski
01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
When Tony Dungy was asked about it in an interview he said he laughed when it happened. But he went on to explain the story behind it. Apparently there's always a respectable ammount of tailgater Paker fans waiting ouside the stadium who moon the opposing teams bus after each Packer victory. Which makes sense when you consider why Moss did what he did.

IcemanCometh
01-11-2005, 09:19 AM
tpark as usual is the only one who gets it

ducks
01-11-2005, 09:27 AM
ice thanks for the insight

rr2418
01-11-2005, 09:44 AM
When Tony Dungy was asked about it in an interview he said he laughed when it happened. But he went on to explain the story behind it. Apparently there's always a respectable ammount of tailgater Paker fans waiting ouside the stadium who moon the opposing teams bus after each Packer victory. Which makes sense when you consider why Moss did what he did.

Yes Ice, that may be true, but a professional football player just doesn't do that in a game. So what if there is a history behind it, Moss shouldn't have done it. Again, whatever happened to just spiking the ball and moving on?

Spurminator
01-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Why not? What's wrong with player/fan interaction if nobody gets hurt?

Enemies are good for the game.

This is one of the least offensive and obnoxious touchdown celebrations I've seen in twenty years.

timvp
01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
If Brett Favre wouldv'e done the same thing, it'd be on every highlight-reel ... except people would be laughing and saying how funny he is and how much of a gritty, gutty competitor he is.

KEDA
01-11-2005, 11:07 AM
If Brett Favre wouldv'e done the same thing, it'd be on every highlight-reel ... except people would be laughing and saying how funny he is and how much of a gritty, gutty competitor he is.

WERD!!!

PeterBurns
01-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Let's be honest.

It is a bad business decision in today's sports world to by humble.

Look at Mushin Muhammad

93 Catches - 1405 Yds - 16TD's

Will he get Randy Moss or TO money in the offseason.....No.

The way the league and media is set up today, if you are humble and play the game the way it's supposed to be played, you cost yourself money in contracts and endorsements. Simple as that.

tlongII
01-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Let's be honest.

It is a bad business decision in today's sports world to by humble.

Look at Mushin Muhammad

93 Catches - 1405 Yds - 16TD's

Will he get Randy Moss or TO money in the offseason.....No.

The way the league and media is set up today, if you are humble and play the game the way it's supposed to be played, you cost yourself money in contracts and endorsements. Simple as that.

I disagree. Muhsin Muhammed will get his payday. People in the league know that he's a stud and that is why he will get the contract he deserves.

PeterBurns
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
TLong,

Let's be honest, I'm not too worried about Mushin's pay day. I think he won't be missing too many meals upcoming.

I'm just saying that if Mushin has a 'Fro, acted crazy, and made selfish comments in the paper, he would get more attention.

More attention in the NFL = Mo' Money.

jalbre6
01-11-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm just saying that if Mushin has a 'Fro, acted crazy, and made selfish comments in the paper, he would get more attention. More attention in the NFL = Mo' Money.

Let's not forget that power comes with fame in the NFL. If TO wasn't a household name, he would have been playing in Baltimore last season. Instead, he threw a shitfit and would up in Philly.

If you're good, you can get away with a lot. If you're good and brash, you can get away with more. Casual NFL fans don't even know who Mushin is. They do know who "the cellphone guy" Joe Horn is and "the Sharpie guy" Terrell Owens is.

PeterBurns
01-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes.

I'm going to teach my kid to spike the ball, slap the cheerleaders on the butt, and make foolish predictions before games.

My kid will be the human highlight film of all CYO leagues he plays in....
Got to support his old man one day.

jalbre6
01-11-2005, 05:21 PM
utsagolfpb,

And remember, above all else, to get your tyke the Tom Emanski Baseball World video!
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/emanski_mcgriff.jpg
Crime Dog: This is a video that gets results!

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/emanski_group.jpg

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/emanski_tom.jpg

tlongII
01-11-2005, 05:52 PM
NFL production = more money

All that other stuff just means publicity. I don't believe there is a correlation to bigger NFL contracts.

Duff McCartney
01-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Joe Buck was right.

Yes..somebody who makes commercials with a guy who epitomizes Randy Moss in "Leon"....of course he's right.

ALVAREZ6
01-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Even though I hate Moss, what he did was hilarious.

Since the GB fans moon the visiting bus when they win, Randy thought he might moon them.

It would have been really hilarious if he ACTUALLY mooned him, but frightening....

even though he would be fined so much money and probably kickied out.

JFK
01-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Joe Buck and the rest of those dumbasses on Fox Football games are one reason I wish NBC would get Football back. I hate listening to those fucking idiots and i have to listen to them during the Super Bowl