PDA

View Full Version : Please be easy on us.

airjer15
01-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Look we have lost 9 straight, and like 20 in a row to the Spurs, its our turn, Boozer, Arroyo and Okur are going to play huge tonight. Carlos Arroyo is going to make Tims athens nightmare come bake to life. He is going to get beat by a super fast Puerto Rican again.

Kori Ellis
01-10-2005, 12:33 PM
So would a 20-point Spurs victory be okay?

As a Jazz fan, what do you think about McLeod being moved (back) into the starting lineup?

timvp
01-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Juck the Fazz.

exstatic
01-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Paste them.

BigVee
01-10-2005, 12:43 PM
No mercy, not this year, not ever.

airjer15
01-10-2005, 12:45 PM
20 would be taking it easy on us yes, about Mcleod, I have been very impressed, I like that he is getting a bunch of p time cause if he polishes his loose ends, he can be real good. Arroyo was supposed to be sweet this year, and I don't know what happened to him, I think athens got to his head

ChumpDumper
01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Another game, another opponent with major injuries/absences we can play down to....

:shootme

Ginofan
01-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Look we have lost 9 straight, and like 20 in a row to the Spurs, can you please not humiliate us too bad tonight? With Kirilenko gone, we are a charity case, please please be easy on us.

This is just sad. Aren't you as a fan of the Jazz supposed to be all gung-ho about your team? How can you lower yourself to this level and actually BEG?

But in all seriousness, good luck. The record won't last forever and the Spurs of late have been slipping up...hopefully they take the Jazz serious, especially with AK out.

Jimcs50
01-10-2005, 12:58 PM
I predict a tough game by the Jazz. The Spurs might lose this game if they take the Jazz lightly....this will be a close game in the 4th Q.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2005, 01:01 PM
We're going through a seven game stretch playing significantly depleted teams.

Not enough of a test.

Jimcs50
01-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Spurs are only 8 point favs, there is s reason for that. Jazz are tough at home, even w/o AK47.

Solid D
01-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Any team can beat any team in the NBA...on a given night, particularly in the home team's barn.

Im Here Huckleberry
01-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Another game, another opponent with major injuries/absences we can play down to....

My exact thoughts.

boutons
01-10-2005, 02:29 PM
"seven game stretch playing significantly depleted teams."

The only difference between the Suns record and the Spurs record is that PHX hasn't given away any games to lower teams, while the Spurs have given away 4 or 5.

So this stretch, the Spurs should go 7-0, could answer the question whether the Spurs are finally, really tough to play their A or A- game when it's not needed.

exstatic
01-10-2005, 02:57 PM
I thought that maybe with Stockton and Malone gone, I wouldn't hate the Jazz so much, but Sloan continues to teach the thug tactics. I sat with timvp for that game, and was amazed at the absolute cheap shots dished out by the Jazz. I'm not talking tough play, I'm talking clotheslining, cheap forearm shots, and the like. Don't even get me started on the patented Jazz porta-pick. :rolleyes

T Park
01-10-2005, 03:30 PM
thats exactly right Ex,

hes a great coach, but he teaches thuggery.

Raja Bell, Jarron Collins, and Howard Eisley being the main guys.

I wouldnt mind a 30 point whoopin, but I think itll be more like 15.

ShoogarBear
01-10-2005, 03:51 PM
On the one hand, I agree that Sloan's team tend to be uniformly thuggish.

On the other hand, what to make of Pop's repeated statement that the team he most tried to model the Spurs after was the mid-90s Jazz?

ALVAREZ6
01-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Have fun Utah!
:fro :smokin

Rick Von Braun
01-10-2005, 04:03 PM
The Jazz fans are really pessimistic.

Take a look at this:

http://p074.ezboard.com/fnotmesutahjazzfrm1.showMessage?topicID=17991.topi c

It is funny! http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

In the NBA, any team can have a bad night. The Spurs should not go to the Delta Center with too much overconfidence.

whottt
01-10-2005, 04:10 PM

Wow lucky us. Imgaine that, the first time in NBA history this has ever happened and we are the benficiary, it's never happened EVERY YEAR TO EVERY TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA before.

ShoogarBear
01-10-2005, 04:17 PM
The Jazz fans are really pessimistic.

Take a look at this:

http://p074.ezboard.com/fnotmesutahjazzfrm1.showMessage?topicID=17991.topi c

It is funny!

Jazz fans are pretty funny. One of their boards had a hilarious thread reminiscing about all the great moments from Greg Ostertag.

whottt
01-10-2005, 04:24 PM
arj, I never assume a win...especially against a team on a big losing streak...I mean you guys are due...

But, hmmm asking for mercy from the Spursfans(not that we are a factor anyway, unless Pop is listening to my coaching advice on this forum, ),

Let me think about it for a second...

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/maloneelbowsrobinson.jpg

and

San Antonio Spurs Team Index

Year Lg W-L Regular Season Playoffs
1998 NBA 56-26 2nd, Midwest Division Lost West Conf Semis to Utah Jazz 1-4
1996 NBA 59-23 1st, Midwest Division Lost West Conf Semis to Utah Jazz 2-4
1994 NBA 55-27 2nd, Midwest Division Lost West Conf 1st Rd to Utah Jazz 1-3

Damn, thinking back on how merciful your team has been to us, how could we not want to see such a request be heard by our team? I mean, just think back on all those wonderful warm shared memories of our two teams. If there's any team the Spurs should feel merciful towards... it's the Jazz. So sure, why not, you can even turn your back on us :)

ShoogarBear
01-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Arrrgh!

Thanks for the reminders, whottt.

Rummpd
01-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Hope Pop has em very motivated as this game sort of scares me.

I cannot feel sorry for any team with that deceptive Boozer!!!

Blast em Spurs.

MadDoc

airjer15
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
I cannot feel sorry for any team with that deceptive Boozer!!! MadDoc

if ya wanna ride the Cleveland wagon, then don't stop here. you'll never see the likes of 30 million $$$ let alone have to make a decision about it. Just cause Cleveland had bad mngmnt. that doesn't make Boozer deceptive

also Spurs fans shouldn't be complaining about dirty teams, although the spurs play pretty clean ball, you still have your moments, and on top of that, somehow your team has won favor of the nba refs, you guys get more calls in your favor than anyone, so if teams do play dirty, the refs will call it in your favor. It made me sick the other night when I herd one of the refs refer to Duncan as Timmy. good hell how could those refs let someone hurt there little Timmy.

slayermin
01-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Who is that Snyder dude?

I have seen him play a couple of times and he plays with a chip on his shoulder, which I respect.

But sorry, I hope the Spurs put it on you guys.

101-79

GrandeDavid
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Utah sucks. Sorry, but its true.

Spurs 101
Jizz 88

Solid D
01-10-2005, 07:54 PM
What do you bet, Boozer gets in foul trouble tonight?

Sense
01-10-2005, 08:59 PM
if ya wanna ride the Cleveland wagon, then don't stop here. you'll never see the likes of 30 million $$$ let alone have to make a decision about it. Just cause Cleveland had bad mngmnt. that doesn't make Boozer deceptive

also Spurs fans shouldn't be complaining about dirty teams, although the spurs play pretty clean ball, you still have your moments, and on top of that, somehow your team has won favor of the nba refs, you guys get more calls in your favor than anyone, so if teams do play dirty, the refs will call it in your favor. It made me sick the other night when I herd one of the refs refer to Duncan as Timmy. good hell how could those refs let someone hurt there little Timmy.

You are not smart. (To put it in a nice way)

It is essential that players and ref's communicate well in the court.
EVERYONE has done it before, if you've ever watched games on TNT or any other broadcast companies that puts mics on them, you will realize that they talk just like normal people. Please pay attention and notice that we have the least Techs on the NBA. Reason? We don't whine about other team's calls.

We get treated just the same, and probably worse, due to the fact that our team actually wins.

I bet you will get calls tonight, don't worry about Tim, he won't need any Ref "friendly calls".

Jazz will lose.

airjer15
01-10-2005, 09:03 PM
You are not smart. (To put it in a nice way)

It is essential that players and ref's communicate well in the court.
EVERYONE has done it before, if you've ever watched games on TNT or any other broadcast companies that puts mics on them, you will realize that they talk just like normal people. Please pay attention and notice that we have the least Techs on the NBA. Reason? We don't whine about other team's calls.

We get treated just the same, and probably worse, due to the fact that our team actually wins.

I bet you will get calls tonight, don't worry about Tim, he won't need any Ref "friendly calls".

Jazz will lose.

Sorry. I didn't know the Team refs actually came to this sight. you do just fine as a ref forget I said anything.
you show me tonight okay big boy?

Sense
01-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Tim's raping Boozer, Tony is raping your Boricua dream boi.

eh, of course this is an opinion....

the truth is

Jazz is losing.

Rummpd
01-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Your pleading worked, Spurs played like Dogs but hats off to an inspired win.

MadDoc

airjer15
01-10-2005, 11:55 PM
you have to agree, that was a great game, Okur, and Mcleod, and ven Girichek played big. Its good to finally get one.

whottt
01-10-2005, 11:57 PM
I have to agree that a team that averages over 7 steals a game got none tonight...mainly because they had a ref who called a foul on them every time they got one.

Rummpd
01-10-2005, 11:59 PM
No it was not a great game, it was the Spurs poorest performance of season considering opponent but perhaps it will be a blessing in disguise. Utah next year will improve and Spurs will not underestimate them again.

It was just a typical 3-4x a year Spurs loss to a wounded or weak (in Jazz case both) opponent.

No worries, Spurs will still have a great year and next year Jazz should make a run at playoffs.

airjer15
01-11-2005, 12:04 AM
I have to agree that a team that averages over 7 steals a game got none tonight...mainly because they had a ref who called a foul on them every time they got one.

are you kidding me, tonight is the first time ever I have seen a coach change a refs call. I guess I am not surprized since pop in the biggest supporter of the Referee union.

by the way how did you like that flagrant on Snyder, it was clean

boutons
01-11-2005, 12:06 AM
"3-4x a year Spurs loss to a wounded or weak (in Jazz case both) opponent.:

We're not to the 41-game mid-season yet, and we've already given game away to:

@TOR
@MEM
SEA (2nd qtr)
@SAC
@ORL
@HOU
@JAZ

.... 7 losses given away all to lesser teams, less talent, not one of them is reputed for defense.

Spurs drop to 11 - 7 on the road, (17-1 @SBC), sign of a weak team, can't win on the road.

whottt
01-11-2005, 12:06 AM
The refs sucked tonight...it's not an excuse for the Spurs letting the Jazz hand around all night...but they did suck.