PDA

View Full Version : Dirk top 10 playoff plays...

nsrammstein
03-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Dirk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8pw7iRU3MY)

Xylus
03-05-2008, 03:12 AM
You should just post the link.

crc21209
03-05-2008, 03:21 AM
And we should care because? lol

nsrammstein
03-05-2008, 03:26 AM
And we should care because? lol

You're an idiot?

Xylus
03-05-2008, 03:29 AM
#2 hurts to watch.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-05-2008, 03:34 AM
#1 hurts to watch.

MajorMike
03-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Why isn't No-win-ski's free throw that would have tied it with 9.3 seconds left after the Mavs choked away a 13-point lead in the final 3 minutes and could have made it 3-0 over Miami instead of gagging the series away on there?

sribb43
03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
thanks for posting the link, you just brought back terrible memories from the '06 Finals :depressed

Leetonidas
03-05-2008, 10:58 AM
That was pretty weak, no offense.

endrity
03-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Why isn't No-win-ski's free throw that would have tied it with 9.3 seconds left after the Mavs choked away a 13-point lead in the final 3 minutes and could have made it 3-0 over Miami instead of gagging the series away on there?

tell me one great player that hasn't missed a free throw down the stretch at some point. If anything these highlights should show that Dirk played a heck of a Final series, coming up huge in both game 5 and 6. Wade outdid him, in his dubious way, but he outdid him. I am not gonna argue the 07 meltdown against the Warriors. I am pretty sure you guys didn't watch enough Mavs to understand some of the things that really went on during the series. But for the 06 run, and previous Nellie Mavs era, he has in my mind cemented his status as someone that comes up big in the playoffs.

Holmes_Fans
03-05-2008, 08:43 PM
tell me one great player that hasn't missed a free throw down the stretch at some point. If anything these highlights should show that Dirk played a heck of a Final series, coming up huge in both game 5 and 6. Wade outdid him, in his dubious way, but he outdid him. I am not gonna argue the 07 meltdown against the Warriors. I am pretty sure you guys didn't watch enough Mavs to understand some of the things that really went on during the series. But for the 06 run, and previous Nellie Mavs era, he has in my mind cemented his status as someone that comes up big in the playoffs.
I hate since he had 1 bad series against GS he all of a sudden has never done shit in the playoffs. He played great in the Miami series and this showed some of the clutch shots he had in miami, Dwhistle just played better.

TDfan2007
03-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't get why people call Dirk a choker...he seems to always hit clutch shots...

ClingingMars
03-05-2008, 09:28 PM
#1 made me want to puke

but who cares about any of it as long as he doesn't get a ring

-Mars

Holmes_Fans
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't get why people call Dirk a choker...he seems to always hit clutch shots...
Because he was done in the butt by Golden State.

I am pretty sure his PPG have gone up every year except last year in the playoffs. He did drop 50 in the western conference finals.

td4mvp21
03-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Dirk can hit a clutch shot and always has been able to. I think he gets labeled as a choker because his teams never come through. They either underperform or they lose series leads. There are also games when he will be hitting in the fourth and then will miss in the dwindling seconds of the game (like vs. the Spurs). Not sure how often the latter happens but I've seen it 2 or 3 times at least.

kingmalaki
03-05-2008, 09:40 PM

Because he folded in the Finals and was basically running away from the ball in the playoffs last season.

Man, manu sure did cost y'all another ring with that dumb foul (#1 on the list).

crc21209
03-06-2008, 01:30 AM
You're an idiot?

lol Your an idiot for posting top 10 plays of a player who hasnt won shit and was dominated last yr in the 1st round by the warriors when he shouldve been dominating the ball and them.

Sausage
03-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Dirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPj6qXCnek

spursfan09
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Dirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPj6qXCnek

:lol awesome.

Holmes_Fans
03-06-2008, 03:50 PM
I like the 2nd comment on that video - "just the fact you have to hate on the man proves he's great

people dont waste time on nobodies"

endrity
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM

endrity
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Dirk can hit a clutch shot and always has been able to. I think he gets labeled as a choker because his teams never come through. They either underperform or they lose series leads. There are also games when he will be hitting in the fourth and then will miss in the dwindling seconds of the game (like vs. the Spurs). Not sure how often the latter happens but I've seen it 2 or 3 times at least.

I definetely agree that's why it is. But only because he hasn't won a ring yet, and very well might not in his career, you should not call someone "soft" or a "choker" since he clearely has many instances of coming up big in big games. If anyone has seen him play international ball as well, he has hit three shot that I remember right now (Spain, Turkey, Nigeria) that were huge.

If not winning is what gives you that label, than why is Reggie "clutch" and Barkley "tough". You can argue that both of them should have had more success than they did. The NBA was open for the taking for Barkley when Jordan had his first retirment. And the Pacers only made it to one Finals, despite all of Reggie's heroics, and let two or three other Finals appearances splip by them. There are more examples than these guys obviously, but they are some of the best to use.

I won't argue why Dirk is labeled the way he is. Without starting a heated debate, I think there is a lot of racism/stereotypicism in that. But I think what happens is that once you get a label, whatever you do hardly matter and the myth stays with you. Dirk hits many clutch shots a year, but when he misses one, that is what people remember since he is considered a choker. Yet, the only person to never miss a clutch shot is the one that never took such shot. The reverse is true. Once people label you 'clutch' people are always willing to forget the many cases you missed. Please tell me how clutch guys like Billups, Arenas, Melo, Pierce have been in recent years.

spurms
03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
they should compile dirks top ten playoff flops including him kicking the chair, and baron davis...and post it here. :lol

mFFL03
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
that video gave me a woody

Holmes_Fans
03-06-2008, 07:55 PM
http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Dirk isn't clutch................. :lol

endrity
03-06-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Dirk isn't clutch................. :lol

shhttt, quiet

don't you know you are not supposed to use 82games around here. All those people do is use numbers to hold up their claims. If ESPN ever had to do that, it would change how they market the game.

All joking aside, Dirk has been amongst the leaders in 82games' clutch statistics for years. He always comes up big in the 4th quarters. People over at ABPRmetrics love him as well, in every metric they come up with he is always one of the league leaders.