03-05-2008, 06:43 AM
...huge game, we need this one.

A&M 72
BU 67

also, some pretty crazy news:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3277179

Doug Collins
03-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Absolute must win to have any shot at the tourney. Pretty cool that they're televising the OT game even though I don't want to watch it knowing the outcome.

degenerate_gambler
03-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Absolute must win to have any shot at the tourney. Pretty cool that they're televising the OT game even though I don't want to watch it knowing the outcome.

Your team is just schizo enough to go in and win tonite.

I'd be surprised if they can pull it off, but not shocked.

MajorMike
03-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I have heard many people in the past 2 days (since Sunday) say that because the B12 will finsih #2 in RPI that they are near guaranteed 6 spots in the tourney. Most are saying the top 6 that finish .500 and over (8-8 or better) will get in. ttek beating UT put a major monkey wrench in atm's plans. I don't see atm beating BU, but if they do, it looks like there will be 4-5 teams tied for 4th (if OSU can beat uo tonite). I think BU beats atm and ttek to be 9-7, but they could just as easily lose both and be 7-9 or split and be 8-8. I think OSU can beat up tonite then lose @ UT which will make them 8-8. If ttek beats BU at home they will be 8-8. If atm splits BU and KU they will be 8-8. If uo loses to OSU and beats MU at home they will be 8-8.

I think BU wins both: 9-7 4th seed
uo loses to OSU: 8-8 5th seed
OSU loses @ UT: 8-8 6th seed
Neb beats CU: 7-9 7th seed (beat atm)
atm drops both: 7-9 8th seed (more div wins)
ttek loses to BU: 7-9 9th seed

This means the tourney is:
atm vs ttek (8/9) vs UT (1)
Neb vs Mizzou (7/10) vs KU (2)
OSU vs ISU (6/11) vs KSU (3)
uo vs CU (5/12) vs BU (4)

To me, atm being the 8th seed means unless they are playing Sunday they are out.
Looks like KSU, BU and uo are for sure.
OSU will be the lone .500 team left but their rpi is awful (73), which should preclude them. They for sure must make it to Saturday, which would have them playing the worst matchup in the B12 for them - Beasley. A win over Top 30 uo and a nice game at #5 UT will move them up, but not much. A loss to uo ends and faint NCAA hopes barring an upset in Austin.
Right now atm is 46 and ttek is 49. If either of those teams make it to Sunday and OSU gets whooped by KSU, I can see that team in. Of course if either team beats BU I would say they were in over OSU. atm owns all tiebreakers over ttek.

If atm beats BU is their best chance:
uo #4 (6 div wins)
atm #5 (4 div wins, beat UT)
OSU #6 (4 div wins, beat KU)
BU #7 (4 div wins, beat KSU)

AFBlue
03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Looks like Baylor is gonna lose this one...

They were ice-cold from the field and once again proved that they don't have the reliable interior presence, though Diene was solid tonight, to make them a legitimate team going into March Madness.

They are my alma mater and I love that they have come this far...but they need at least one or two more frontcourt players and one or two more years before they'll be competing at the top w/ Kansas and UT.

Doug Collins
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Crazy game. If only the aggies would bring this intensity to every game. If these two meet up in the big 12 tourney it is going to get real dirty. Sloan with the alley-oop fuck you dunk at the end didn't help ease the tension.

johngateswhiteley
03-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Crazy game. If only the aggies would bring this intensity to every game. If these two meet up in the big 12 tourney it is going to get real dirty. Sloan with the alley-oop fuck you dunk at the end didn't help ease the tension.

...but i sure did love the FUCK YOU baylor dunk. fuck you baylor...i stand by Sloan.

Doug Collins
03-05-2008, 11:47 PM
...but i sure did love the FUCK YOU baylor dunk. fuck you baylor...i stand by Sloan.

I thought it was pretty funny. Sloan came up big, Carter finally showed up, and we hit some fuckin free throws.

redraiderinfiji
03-06-2008, 01:05 AM
The F-you dunk was nice!

I really cant stand to see Baylor get good at any sport! Lets keep Baylor in the gutter of the Big 12 so eventually they can be sent to the WAC (Worst Athletic Conference)

I don't say this much.......but the ags are looking good going into the tourney!

AFBlue
03-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Bunch of haters in this forum!

Living in SEC country I can tell you that the Big 12 and every other conference gets mocked because it doesn't have nearly the depth of talent that the SEC does.

That's why I think it's good to have so many quality teams in the Big 12. And besides, who honestly cares if Baylor has a good basketball program...their football program will continue to be the doormat of the conference.

RonMexico
03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Dunk was funny.

Classy Baptists throwing bottles and profanity onto the floor.

Funnier is CaptMike ripping on A&M throughout his post and still claiming that he has "no bias."

samikeyp
03-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Normally I don't like what the A&M player did but given the fact that some of the fans were throwing shit on the floor during the game when their team was letting that game slip away, they deserved it. I don't care for showboating but, IMO, what those fans did was worse. Some egos will get bruised and feelings might get hurt when you are taunted but one of those players on either team could have been hurt if they slipped on something thrown on the court. To me that is far worse.

degenerate_gambler
03-06-2008, 09:57 AM

well hey there bandwagon boy...i guess you'll hang out here til kansas runs aggy out of the gym saturday..

but that's cool..

RonMexico
03-06-2008, 10:00 AM
The game was chippy but the fans were not helping anything.

I was annoyed with Scott Drew giving a shoulder to Turgeon during the post game, as well.

However, if anyone watched the Tech-A&M game, the Ags took a 3 with about 5 seconds left and Turgeon was livid because he thought it was poor sportsmanship. With that in mind, it didn't seem like he was as publicly angry with Sloan after last night's play, so he might have slightly enjoyed it.

johngateswhiteley
03-06-2008, 10:00 AM
well hey there bandwagon boy...i guess you'll hang out here til kansas runs aggy out of the gym saturday..

but that's cool..

quantity of posts...and come to think of it quality, is not your strong suit.

Doug Collins
03-06-2008, 10:43 AM
The F-you dunk was nice!

I really cant stand to see Baylor get good at any sport! Lets keep Baylor in the gutter of the Big 12 so eventually they can be sent to the WAC (Worst Athletic Conference)

I don't say this much.......but the ags are looking good going into the tourney!

Did you see them play OU last weekend? This team is completely bi-polar, just like this girl I knew back in college. One game they look like the intense driven top 20 program that they should be, the next they look like the depressed 0-16 team from a couple years ago. If they play well against Kansas, then you may be onto something.