PDA

View Full Version : Did the Spurs every had a chance at Sam

carib
03-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Did the Spurs every had a Chance at getting Sam or they were never interested

Celtics add depth at point guard with addition of veteran Cassell

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtU5jJhNVn2i0dhnJ.LoxnG8vLYF?slug=ap-celtics-cassell&prov=ap&type=lgns

m33p0
03-05-2008, 07:58 AM
never heard of any rumor that the spurs were interested. never heard of spurs fans clamoring for cassell either. besides, spurs already have their own aging point guard.

batboy
03-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Dude we just bought Mighty Mouse.

travis2
03-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I can't imagine they were interested...

sa_butta
03-05-2008, 08:09 AM
I think Sam had his mind made up about going to the Celtics. And dont remember the Spurs showing any real interest.

ChuckD
03-05-2008, 08:16 AM
I think if the Clips had bought out Sam at the same time the Griz bought out Damon, SA might have been interested, but Tony's injury forced them to make their move, and we're already loaded with PGs.

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
he already made up his mind who he wanted to play for/with when KG was traded.....

ChumpDumper
03-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Elgin Baylor never worked for the Spurs, so there was no chance for collusion.

GSH
03-05-2008, 10:54 AM
The one element the Spurs are short is a cancer in the locker room. If the roster weren't so full, I'm sure they might have considered Cassell to fill that void.

bigfan
03-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Im pretty happy with the Parker/Stoudamire/Vaughan lineup here.

nicolejefferson29
03-05-2008, 12:58 PM
what if we had a chance for this:
Vaughn + Stoudamire for Devin Harris!! I would love that we could use TP and Harris at the same time when we are playing a fast paced team! so how does everyone else feel about that what if?

*p.s i dont need any smart ass comments back this is just for fun!!*

Rynospursfan
03-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Vaughn + Stoudamire for Devin Harris!! I would love that we could use TP and Harris at the same time when we are playing a fast paced team! so how does everyone else feel about that what if?

Obviously the Spurs, or any team for that matter would rather have Harris than Stoudamire and Vaughn but the salleries don't match and the Nets, or any team for that matter would never give him up for those two vets.

oboymeetsogirl
03-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I love Sam. Key part of the the Rocket/Akeem the Dream championship squads, and he was doing alright for a couple of years playing with Garnett up north (before, evidently, self-imploding).

But he's too old. I'm not a huge Stoudamire fan, but at least he has a couple more years in his legs. Cassell is just fine for the Celtics because he knows Garnett, and the Celtics are laying all on the line to win *this* year. I hope they do well, because it will be a huge disappointment for Celtic fans if they don't get past the Pistons and the Cavs. Now or never time for them. But if their old guys remain healthy, I think they have enough young talent (and the fantastic Pierce, of course) to do it. Otherwise, we'll be seeing either Chauncy and his gang or LeBron again in the finals.

thispego
03-05-2008, 01:34 PM

bad idea. devin harris sucks.