PDA

View Full Version : Raiders, Walker agree to 6-year deal

Evan
03-05-2008, 10:10 AM
"The Oakland Raiders reached an agreement with Javon Walker on a six-year deal, according to a league source. The contract is worth $55 million with $16 million guaranteed. Under the terms of the deal, Walker will receive $27 million in the first three years."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/03/04/walker.raiders.ap/index.html

:drunk

monosylab1k
03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
so they trade Randy Moss for a 4th round pick, then a year later sign a guy who is a bigger cancer, more injury prone, and far less talented, for roughly the same amount of money they would have been paying Moss if they just kept him?

:lmao

Evan
03-05-2008, 10:43 AM
monosylab1k...you summed it up perfectly. What a cluster f-ck that place is.

monosylab1k
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
monosylab1k...you summed it up perfectly. What a cluster f-ck that place is.
yeah there is no place more dysfunctional than Oakland. They just made a smart move by letting Jerry Porter go, but immediately screw it up by getting a guy who is an even bigger jerk.

Evan
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I would hate to be a fan of that team. Nobody knows who is running that team and they continue to make awful decisions.

And I was worried about Dallas commiting to 2 or 3 years…

leemajors
03-05-2008, 11:27 AM
6 years, 55 mill for someone who may need microfracture surgery in the next few years?

Evan
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
That's the raider way!

One of the most storied franchises in sports and nobody even knows who runs it.

stretch
03-05-2008, 02:38 PM
What is up with the huge contracts the Raiders are dealing out? Seriously...

Walker is a fantastic player, when healthy. But this is too much money for a risky player like Walker. But I am glad to see them get a solid reciever. Too bad Porter didn't end up working out. I can't blame him for leaving though. The Raiders did him dirty several times, and he had every right to be upset with the organization. But he is one of the most physically gifted recievers in the NFL. Dude is big, strong, fast, can jump, and has hands. Just always had bad situations. I think he will do well in Jacksonville.

But between this, the Kelly contract, and the Wilson contract... what the fuck is Davis doing?

Evan
03-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I dunno...doesn't make much sense whatsoever! I am sure Detroit would have loved to talk to the Raiders about Draft picks for Williams. If you're going to shell out crazy money for a young WR who has been know to miss a game or two...why not him?

Premier WR with less of a headache.

stretch
03-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I dunno...doesn't make much sense whatsoever! I am sure Detroit would have loved to talk to the Raiders about Draft picks for Williams. If you're going to shell out crazy money for a young WR who has been know to miss a game or two...why not him?

Premier WR with less of a headache.
I would have really like Roy. Oh well...

We got a lot of young talent over there. Hopefully it all comes together. If the coaching goes well, despite the terrible contracts, the Raiders can be a good team here in the near future. Hopefully Al doesn't fuck stuff up again though, by doing something stupid like trading Jamarcus Russell for a Big Mac.

Hank the Tank
03-05-2008, 06:04 PM
al davis pisses me off. he is one old dumbfuck. i've never seen a team crumble as fast as the raiders.

John Patrick
03-05-2008, 07:44 PM
amazing they were in the Super Bowl only 5 or so seasons ago...

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2008, 08:14 PM
The Raiders only hope is the death of Al Davis.

johnsmith
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
If it works out like it did for him in Denver, he'll be a good posession receiver for a season, get hurt, get mad, then quit.

katyon6th
03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I was excited when Denver picked him up but then he turned out to be a little bitch. He belongs in Oakland.

possessed
03-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey, give them a break. They're making an effort to improve the roster and the only way to do that is to offer more money to get people to play there. You gotta to what you gotta do, this is what they gotta do.

If they made no moves in free agency and filled the roster with undrafted free agents, people would have busted Davis' balls about that. Sadly, that would be the alternative to what's happening now.

Evan
03-06-2008, 09:18 AM
He belongs in Oakland.

and Pacman will watch him on the sideline in 09....

stretch
03-06-2008, 09:27 AM
The Raiders only hope is the death of Al Davis.
Unfortunately, thats the truth. Davis was once a brilliant football mind. But the game has changed so much, and he is lost as fuck.