PDA

View Full Version : WTF..i guess the Kings/Lakers rivalry is OFFICIALLY over.

TheNextGen
03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
was reading a recap of the Lakers/Kings games and came across this:

Bryant, newly christened the NBA's player of the month for February, led the way with a series of balletic moves, including a spinning layup and a 360-degree two-handed jam as Los Angeles pulled away.

When the MVP chants rained down from the stands amid boos, Bryant wasn't sure he heard correctly.

"It's better than hearing cowbells," Bryant said. "That was a trip. It felt great, though. I don't got to worry about nobody poisoning my burger now. I can eat in peace."

LOL! kings fans are pathetic. just a year ago, same thing happened in boston. :dramaquee

DazedAndConfused
03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
The Queens have never beat us when it mattered, there is no rivalry.

Medvedenko
03-05-2008, 12:48 PM
This happens at most areanas nowadays. It's nothing new, but receiving them at Arco does seem weird. There's just a lot of laker fans outside of the LA area. When they panned the crowd I saw more Laker jerseys than King jerseys.

Spuradicator
03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
The Queens have never beat us when it mattered, there is no rivalry.

You must be a new bandwagon Laker fan then. I'm sure you can find a Laker fan here who could tell you the story about lakers/kings rivalry.

Bandwagon fans are so ignorant sometimes.

DazedAndConfused
03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
You must be a new bandwagon Laker fan then. I'm sure you can find a Laker fan here who could tell you the story about lakers/kings rivalry.

Bandwagon fans are so ignorant sometimes.

For it to be a true rivalry the Kings would have had to have beat us at some point. They never have. There is definite hatred between both teams, but a rivalry a la BOS-LAL it is most definitely not.

JamStone
03-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Welcome to 2003 (if not before then).