PDA

View Full Version : Manu To Be On Jime Rome Today

Taco
03-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Not Sure What Time

I Will Update Once I Hear Something

Sausage
03-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I was just about to post this. Interesting. Can't wait!

mrose31
03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Wow taco fast post.

Sec24Row7
03-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Does Manu Speak English?

Does Kobe Rape White Chicks?

hater
03-05-2008, 12:12 PM
yes to both

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-05-2008, 12:14 PM
"I bet you don't call me Manure again."

"I bet I do...Manure."

And then Jim will cease to be.

BonnerDynasty
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Anyone know what time?

carina_gino20
03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Can someone record it?

Sausage
03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Sometime in hour 3, which is between 1pm-2

MoSpur
03-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Taco try to post a link once he is about to come on. Please. Thanks.

jag
03-05-2008, 12:32 PM
"I bet you don't call me Manure again."

"I bet I do...Manure."

And then Jim will cease to be.

hahaha

"Manu Ginobili good to have you on the show...check that, Manure, good to have you on the show!"

9HNgqQVHI_8&feature=related[/url]

honestfool84
03-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Does Manu Speak English?

is so cal gay?

-David

101A
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Rome, huh?

"Manu, you've been playing great. Kobe is really good, can you tell me how good you think Kobe is?"

or

"Don't you feel that if Shaq had waited to leave LA until the Lakers got Gasol, the Spurs would have never won another championship?"

or

"The Spurs have a question mark at center right now...you know who doesn't have a question mark at center? The Lakers. How GOOD is this kid Bynum?"

No thanks.

smeagol
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Does Manu Speak English?

He doesn't.

He is probably illegal too . . .

Sec24Row7
03-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I hope manu says how much he could give a shit about 6th man.

Romey should be on his nuts more than any other BBALL player right now...

Obstructed_View
03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Rome, huh?

"Manu, you've been playing great. Kobe is really good, can you tell me how good you think Kobe is?"

or

"Don't you feel that if Shaq had waited to leave LA until the Lakers got Gasol, the Spurs would have never won another championship?"

or

"The Spurs have a question mark at center right now...you know who doesn't have a question mark at center? The Lakers. How GOOD is this kid Bynum?"

No thanks.

:lol

Exactly what I was thinking. Manu gets a dozen questions about how good the Lakers are. Rome hasn't been able to hide his glee that his team is relevant again.

GSH
03-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Romey is in make-up, getting ready for the interview.
Manu took a video clip on his cell phone and mailed it over:

http://i23.tinypic.com/9lh0jq.gif

Rick Von Braun
03-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Does anyone have a link to a web audio streaming of his show? Please PM me if this is not allowed to be posted on this site.

Taco
03-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Does Manu Speak English?
SI PENDEJO :lol

Taco
03-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have a link to a web audio streaming of his show? Please PM me if this is not allowed to be posted on this site.
http://www.ticket760.com/main.html

YOU CAN LISTEN ONLINE HERE

Taco
03-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Chinga Tu Madre, Pinche Mojado, Hijo De Puta!!!

:toast

:nope :nope

tmtcsc
03-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Does Manu Speak English?

No. He speaks Laker Whoop Ass.

urunobili
03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Can someone tell me if this is a Nationally televised show? on which channel? thanks in advance, Urnob

Budkin
03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Rome loves Manu. This will be a good one!

SAtown
03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
He will be on in less than 30 minutes or so

101A
03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
hahaha

"Manu Ginobili good to have you on the show...check that, Manure, good to have you on the show!"

9HNgqQVHI_8&feature=related[/url]As Rome would say, "That is never going to be NOT funny".

What a puss.

Sausage
03-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Hes supposed to be on next segment (about 3 minutes from now)

www.ticket760.com or http://cbsplayer.streamtheworld.com/index.php?CALLSIGN=KILTAM

dbreiden83080
03-05-2008, 01:36 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Manu gets a dozen questions about how good the Lakers are. Rome hasn't been able to hide his glee that his team is relevant again.

Maybe he is planning to party hard with Stephen "ASSHOLE" Smith during the finals out in LA. Can't have the Spurs ruin that party and have them go to the riverwalk.

spursfan09
03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Does Manu Speak English?

Doesn't matter, he knows the language of kicking that Laker ass though.

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
awesome thanks I hardly watch that show but I will today
It's on at 3:30 central

SAtown
03-05-2008, 01:45 PM
awesome thanks I hardly watch that show but I will today
It's on at 3:30 central

The interview was on the radio show.

Real Tomato Ketchup
03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
That was great, didn't hurt following the wet blanket Alonzo Mourning.

Sausage
03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Nooooooooo my stream just died in the middle of the interview

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2008, 01:48 PM
The interview was on the radio show.
SHIT!

urunobili
03-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Nooooooooo my stream just died in the middle of the interview
so did mine!! the satellite may have moved or something

cash459
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Damm San Antonio SPICKS!!!!!

you sir are a moron! :toast

cash459
03-05-2008, 01:50 PM
is there going to be a recap posted online? im gonna miss the interview, but wanna hear it..........???

vanvannen
03-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Does Manu Speak English?

Yes, he does.

He also speaks spanish and italian very fluently. How many languages do YOU speak, smartass?

carina_gino20
03-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Okay, a really rough transcript here. I adlibbed some of the parts...I missed the last part because I lost signal...:pctoss

Here goes...

Manu: "So far, we're doing really good...But it's still early, still 25 games to go. I don't think we're at the point where are ready for the playoffs."

Rome: What needs to happen before you can say that the Spurs are playoff ready?

Manu: Consistency. There have been games when the offense was there, but the defense wasn't, when we play just 35 minutes.

Rome: Talk about you stats this season.

Manu: It helped me not playing for the NT for the first time. I got here early in San Antonio and I was able to work on my midrange shot. My confidence was high from the start of the season and it just carried over.

Rome asks about Yao Ming's injury, does it change Manu's commitment to the NT...Does it sometimes feel like it's too much?

Manu: Sometimes it feels like it's a lot, or too much. Especially if you finish in late June. But it's so rewarding and I feel so proud doing it for the country. And I enjoy playing with the guys.

Rome: More pride in gold medal or NBA championship?

Manu: Gold medal is really huge. I believe 20 yrs from now, when I look back to 2004 that would be the highlight of my career.

Rome asks about benching

Manu: Pop comes once a week, a month and says "You're starting" or "You're coming off the bench." And I just have one look, "Okay." He feels that it's for the best, and I just want the team to win.

Rome: Is that what you tell the coach? Or what you really feel?"

Manu: It is how I feel. All I want is to win.

Rome asks about Manu's style...

Manu: I'm very passionate about basketball. It's the only way I know how to play. If you see me play with my friends in the summer, it's the same. :lol

then Rome warms up to his agenda

Rome: talk about the West...how crazy it is right now

Manu talked about Dallas, how they were 1st and dropped to 7th lately. It's important to be steady, play for 48 minutes.

Rome: Talk about the moves...Does it take a certain guy to fit in with the team? a certain character?

Manu: Yes. Pop sees if the guy fits with what we do. We need another perimeter shooter so we got Damon. Pop wanted to get someone to defend the lowpost. The great thing is we didn't have to give (?) that much,

Rome: What do you think about the Lakers, and the matchups, and Pau Gasol addition?

Manu: Lakers are probably the team to beat right now. Have a lot of size, athleticism

Rome: Are they the team to beat? Or is it still the Spurs?

Manu: It's difficult to talk about the West as one team to beat...Even the Hornets, nobody excepted them at first. Then currently, we still have to play Golden State...

now can someone wrap up? :lol

Sausage
03-05-2008, 01:56 PM
The reaction to Manu Ginobili is great! Everyone loved the interview.

Taco
03-05-2008, 02:00 PM
The reaction to Manu Ginobili is great! Everyone loved the interview.

LORENZO MOURNING IS GETTING HAMMERED :lol

carina_gino20
03-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Yup, he did get a couple of good reactions. By the way, what was that all about Alonzo Mourning's interview? All I heard was Rome being pissed off.

Sausage
03-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Rome had Alonzo Mourning on the show to help spread the word on kidney disease before Manu and had asked him what he was doing and if he was trying to make a comeback into the NBA, and Alonzo said something like "I'm here to talk about this cause and not basketball".

So now emailers and callers are giving praise to Manu saying "Thats how to do an interview"

1Parker1
03-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Zo wouldn't answer any questions about basketball...only his "cause/charity" for national kidney month. Apparently Rome asked him about his health and rehab and when he'll be back and Zo refused to answer even that...

Obstructed_View
03-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Headline of the day: Alonzo Mourning is a dick.

In other news, sky found to be blue...

ElNono
03-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I wonder if Zo was flexing muscles while he was responding to the questions...

What a bitch.

Spurs Brazil
03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the recap Carina

~Sweetmelody~
03-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks Carina!

Manu: It is how I feel. All I want is to win.
That is why we love you
:makeout

daspurs1
03-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Is there an archive somewhere of the interview? can't believe i missed this

Solid D
03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Carina, I'm impressed. I didn't hear the interview but thanks for taking the time.

slayermin
03-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Is there an archive somewhere of the interview? can't believe i missed this

It's up on his site but he charges $7 a month to become a member.

http://www.jimrome.com/home/show_audio_archive.html

S_A_Longhorn
03-05-2008, 05:30 PM
It's up on his site but he charges $7 a month to become a member.

http://www.jimrome.com/home/show_audio_archive.html

I bet Romey couldn't wait to get to the end of the his questions, where he brings up the great Lakers. :rolleyes

gmartin02
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Manu: Lakers are probably the team to beat right now. Have a lot of size, athleticism

Even a Spurs player says that the Lakers are the team to beat (someone who has actually played against them). The rest of you homers who say Spurs are #1 better listen to the people you live vicariously through.

WalterBenitez
03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Does Manu Speak English?

Nop, he only put the ball in the hole

boutons_
03-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Manu is so special, as a player and a person.

Everybody enjoying the San Antonio Spurs' Golden Age? I am.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Even a Spurs player says that the Lakers are the team to beat (someone who has actually played against them). The rest of you homers who say Spurs are #1 better listen to the people you live vicariously through.

No player on the Spurs roster would say that they are the team to beat even if they were 59-0.

Man In Black
03-05-2008, 07:03 PM

What he's doing is letting you believe what you want to believe...THEN HE RIPS OUT YOUR HEART WHILE SMILING :king

Obstructed_View
03-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Just be patient. Manu's going to say "no, they aren't as good as they think they are" soon enough, and he'll say it so clearly you won't miss it.

carina_gino20
03-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the recap Carina

Thanks Carina!

Carina, I'm impressed. I didn't hear the interview but thanks for taking the time.

You're welcome guys. I was happy to do it.

Has Jim Rome never heard Manu give an interview before? He was surprised in the end, about the difference between Manu's and Zo's interview. If he's watched Manu before, he'll know that Ginobili gives pretty good and insightful interviews. And I think he's more honest than most. Another thing that makes me inclined to believe him is the consistency of his actions when he's on or off the floor.

Jim Rome did try to goad Manu into saying that the Spurs were the team to beat, or that he really doesn't like coming off the bench. Manu didn't take the bait for both questions.

The answer that impressed me the most was this:

It's difficult to talk about the West as just one team to beat.

That's Manu right there. I think it's a very intelligent answer and it also shows Manu's humility. He knows that the West is crazy and that it would be foolish to think that there's just one team to beat, considering only a handful of games separate the 1st from the 8th seed. And if that doesn't boost his already competitive nature... :hat

BonnerDynasty
03-05-2008, 08:02 PM
No player on the Spurs roster would say that they are the team to beat even if they were 59-0.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
carina - thanks, great job! :)

Gotta love Manu - he really is exactly what he appears to be, a warrior and a winner. he doesn't give a crap about status, or statistics, or how people perceive him, he just wants to play great basketball and win. I love how he handles the media - just like Pop and Tim, he cuts through all their BS and tells them what really matters - commitment to the team cause.

As for those posters bitching about Zo - Rome probably gave a commitment to him to talk about kidney month and went back on it. Zo is retired. He's publicly stated that he ain't coming back. Now he's committed to helping people with kidney disease. Why are you bagging him? :rolleyes

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 08:56 PM

What a dumbass. yeah, Manu's going to say the Spurs are the ones to beat and give the entire NBA more ammunition to get up and beat them. Great evidence there, buddy... :rolleyes

Who cares what people say? Let's look at the scoreboard when the time comes.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-05-2008, 09:03 PM
http://www.laverdad.es/galerias/deportes/media/francs-tony-parker-argentino-16.3.3709678249.jpg

TP: "We da team to beat, biatch!"

MG: "Yeah, we gangsta headband!"

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/popovich_295_050616.jpg

"To the Bonnerhouse, both of you, now!"

TP & MG: "Sorry Pop" :depressed

carina_gino20
03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
^ :lmao

Avitus1
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks Carina.

greens
03-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks for posting the transcript, Carina! :clap

I like how he kept asking about the bench thing...and Manu is like, "yes, that is how I feel. I just want to win." I guess people have trouble believing that some players have no problem with coming off the bench if it is good for the team.

And about those captions... :lol

Budkin
03-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Manu is so special, as a player and a person.

Everybody enjoying the San Antonio Spurs' Golden Age? I am.

Hell yes, been enjoying for the last several years actually.

WildcardManu
03-06-2008, 01:44 AM

It's called modesty, doubt the Spurs want to make headlines with guarantees and then come up short.

Besides, the analysts run the guarantee department, they ride the showboating players and their teams all season long and when the Spurs are holding up the trophy they are writing articles calling themselves douchebags and what not for failing to acknowledge San Antonio as a true perennial contender. The media rides the Spurs bandwagon from June till about mid November or so then they're on a different bandwagon depending the flavor of the month till the playoffs come around. Rinse and repeat.

carina_gino20
03-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks for posting the transcript, Carina! :clap

I like how he kept asking about the bench thing...and Manu is like, "yes, that is how I feel. I just want to win." I guess people have trouble believing that some players have no problem with coming off the bench if it is good for the team.

And about those captions... :lol

Even I am getting tired of those questions. :lol I sometimes wonder if Manu would someday just snap and say that he's already answered the 'benching' questions a gazillion times. Probably not, since he's too respectful.

Taco
03-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Has Jim Rome never heard Manu give an interview before? He was surprised in the end, about the difference between Manu's and Zo's interview.

ROME HAS INTERVIEWED MANU BEFORE, I THINK HE WAS STILL IN SHOCK BECAUSE OF THE HUGE A-HOLE LORENZO MOURNING WAS BEING

WASN'T IT STUPID ZO WHO 1ST CALLED DAVID ROBINSON SOFT? :pctoss

Obstructed_View
03-07-2008, 01:49 AM
ROME HAS INTERVIEWED MANU BEFORE, I THINK HE WAS STILL IN SHOCK BECAUSE OF THE HUGE A-HOLE LORENZO MOURNING WAS BEING

WASN'T IT STUPID ZO WHO 1ST CALLED DAVID ROBINSON SOFT? :pctoss
Yeah, he said Robinson shies away from contact. Since five oh was in the top two in the league in free throw attempts at the time it was kind of a ridiculous statement.

Dave McNulla
03-07-2008, 02:10 AM
lorenzo is a freaking idiot. ever since he shined ottawa and refused to show up when he was traded there, then was miraculously healed once miami signed him, i have no respect for zo.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2008, 02:26 AM
lorenzo is a freaking idiot. ever since he shined ottawa and refused to show up when he was traded there, then was miraculously healed once miami signed him, i have no respect for zo.
Well I wouldn't want to play for the Ottawa Justice either.