PDA

View Full Version : McCain's running mate

Supergirl
03-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Make your predictions here

Wild Cobra
03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, I think it will be someone else. However, if Romney or Huckabee were chosen, it would reduce the chance of either challenging him in '12 and have either on a shoe-in for '16.

I don't think either would accept. I think if they are serious about the presidency, they will challenge him in '12 pointing out all the ways a RINO failed as president.

Rice and Powell... Neither of them want the job.

Lieberman? I'm sure he would accept, but it would damage the republican party more yet, and I'm sure they see it.

Who will McCain pick? I don't know but I'll bet it will be another RINO that looks like an elephant. Probably one like se. Gordon Smith. Not him specifically, but I know his policies a bit because he is from my state. I'm just saying I think McCain will pick someone like him.

BradLohaus
03-05-2008, 07:15 PM
I'll stick with my original Hillary/Obama vs. McCain/Giuliani prediction. If the Dems run the "dream ticket" then I figure that McCain's going to need some national name recognition to compete with that. He can get that with Rudy and reward his early support, and together they can run on the "vote for us or Al Qaeda will cut your children's heads off" platform.

AFBlue
03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Voted "someone else" because I don't really believe any of the ones listed have a realistic shot. In fact, the only guy on this list that I think McCain knows and trusts well enough to protect this country is Liebermann....and he's out because he's not even a Republican.

If I had to, I think I'd take Rudy Giuliani...but that's just a WAG.

Nbadan
03-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Who else? Dick Cheney