PDA

View Full Version : Courtside season tickets

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Does anyone know:
1. whether they are available, or booked up for years?
2. how much a courtside season ticket costs? I'm guessing 25K+?

Working on a plan, Stan... ;)

spurschick
03-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know:
1. whether they are available, or booked up for years?
2. how much a courtside season ticket costs? I'm guessing 25K+?

Working on a plan, Stan... ;)

Actual courtside are pretty well spoken for. Plus, you have to make an additional investment along with the actual purchase of the seat. If you really want to find the closest that you can, I would suggest call the sales office directly and let them know what you're looking for. 210-444-5050

Kori Ellis
03-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Spurschick knows best, but the closest you will get is probably around row 6-8 from what I know. Those are around $220 a game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 09:27 PM
If I come over to live in SA next season, which is a very real possibility, I'm gonna get a season ticket of some kind.

A courtside seat for the season would be incredible - hell of an investment, but money is there to be spent.

The other option is two seats in the corner where I sat back in 2003 (they were $75 back then, probably over $100 now), so that before each game I can offer the spare seat to someone here on Spurstalk! That way I could meet a lot of people and give back to the community that has been so special to me. I'll put you down for at least a couple of games, Spurschick. ;)

SpurAddict561
03-05-2008, 09:29 PM
What a swell guy...

I'll take you up on it!

spurschick
03-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I'll put you down for at least a couple of games, Spurschick. ;)

check your PMs

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Spurschick knows best, but the closest you will get is probably around row 6-8 from what I know. Those are around $220 a game.

Those were great seats, but my dream is to find a courtside for the season... at $850 a game, that's about 35K, and I'm not sure I can afford that, but it's nice to dream.

Actually, I really like the idea of buying two tickets to every game and taking STers along.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
What a swell guy...

I'll take you up on it!

That's the idea! :)

I'd look to take random people I don't know sometimes, and people I already know at other times.

duncan228
03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd look to take random people I don't know sometimes, and people I already know at other times.

Plane ticket included for us out-of-state SpursTalkers? :lol

Kori Ellis
03-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Those were great seats, but my dream is to find a courtside for the season... at $850 a game, that's about 35K, and I'm not sure I can afford that, but it's nice to dream.

Actually, I really like the idea of buying two tickets to every game and taking STers along.

One thing about sitting first row courtside is that after a few games, you will realize that you see more action if you are a few rows higher.

I had row 2 tickets in L.A. for awhile. You can't really see where the 3 point line is and you miss some plays because you are so low. Sitting around row 5-15 is actually ideal IMO (and 1/4 the price).

SequSpur
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
900.35 per seat/game for first row.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM
One thing about sitting first row courtside is that after a few games, you will realize that you see more action if you are a few rows higher.

I had row 2 tickets in L.A. for awhile. You can't really see where the 3 point line is and you miss some plays because you are so low. Sitting around row 5-15 is actually ideal IMO (and 1/4 the price).

True, but what I noticed sitting courtside is that you can hear and see things you don't get even a few rows back.

Hell, as long as I can get decent season tickets somewhere in the lower bowl I'll have no complaints!

Basically, I've decided I'm coming - the only sticking point is finding a job. Visa will be no problem because the recent FTA between the US and Oz opened things up and made them easier for us to come over there to work, just have to line up a job... that's the hard part.

Kori Ellis
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM

I was at home sick last night when you called. My phone was downstairs. Sorry.

koriwhat
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
row 4-5 are $235-245

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM

Thanks. No discount for the whole season I guess.

Maybe I'll just do what I did last time and get courtside for one or two games. ;)

Avitus1
03-05-2008, 09:47 PM
I wanna go too ;-)

SequSpur
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I was at home sick last night when you called. My phone was downstairs. Sorry.

sure, you just missed vince carter... you're bringing me down... :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I wanna go too ;-)

Don't worry, if I get over there and it all works out, I will be running competition threads a week or so before each game to give out the tickets. :)

Kori Ellis
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
sure, you just missed vince carter... you're bringing me down... :toast

How did you get that seat?

SequSpur
03-05-2008, 09:58 PM
How did you get that seat?

Boss's Daughter. :lol

Kori Ellis
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Boss's Daughter. :lol

:lmao

Good job.

ploto
03-05-2008, 10:40 PM
You might want to check also because last thing I knew, they were making new season ticket holders in the really good seats buy Silver Stars and Rampage season tickets also to get them.

ploto
03-05-2008, 10:42 PM

I'm with Kori. I do not like to sit that low. Row 9-12 is perfect for me wherever I go to NBA games.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, courtside probably isn't going to happen, but it was nice to dream. I really loved courtside when I sat there because you can hear everything that's being said on the court, you can see every nuance in what the players are doing - as a guy who played the game for 17 years, I prefer courtside.

However, two tickets in section 126, where I sat for 12 games back in 2003, at $97 a game, would be perfect. Close enough to be great seats, not too expensive.

I wonder when the season tickets for next year all disappear? I won't be able to reserve them until I get a job over there, which will be into the off-season. I might end up just buying an individual ticket to every game, although that would suck...

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2008, 10:56 PM
theres this seat thats vacant that chris hansen has reserved for you ruff

robino2001
03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I just read the article from the express last week talking about season tickets in the lower bowl going up 20-50% with the biggest changes about where you're talking.... corners and baseline, approx 5-15 rows back. Had no idea about the article until my father mentioned it on the phone tonight. My seats are upper bowl and I assume they're staying about the same - we haven't heard anything yet.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030108.01A.spurstickets.386d6c0.html

dougp
03-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Ruff, I'll drive in from Houston to hang with you and grab a few beers, and help you out on the ticket if you do it! >=)

spurschick
03-05-2008, 11:06 PM
I wonder when the season tickets for next year all disappear? I won't be able to reserve them until I get a job over there, which will be into the off-season.

Actually, there are quite a few people who put a % down, but then they walk away from them before the payment deadline. Plus, since ticket prices are going up, I'm sure that some people won't renew. Come July-August, you might be surprised by what's available.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Ruff, I'll drive in from Houston to hang with you and grab a few beers, and help you out on the ticket if you do it! >=)

Done! That's the sort of thing I was hoping for.

All we have to do is find me a job, and I'm there. I've just spent two years studying sustainability (electricity in particular, but also water, waste, transport, embodied energy, etc) and will have a Masters in that when I finish my thesis. I have an undergrad degree in ecology, and experience in everything from teaching to admin to driving a taxi. If anyone out there is hiring (preferably not taxi driving), LMK. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Actually, there are quite a few people who put a % down, but then they walk away from them before the payment deadline. Plus, since ticket prices are going up, I'm sure that some people won't renew. Come July-August, you might be surprised by what's available.

Cool, that's what I need to hear. :)

I'm getting excited about this... now if only I could concentrate and finish this bloody thesis!

spurschick
03-05-2008, 11:11 PM
All we have to do is find me a job

What about here?
http://www.valero.com/
http://valero.hrdpt.com/ (http://)

robino2001
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM

I got in right before the finals last year and ended up with pretty good seats (in the price range) in front of some tenured season ticket holders because I believe someone reserved and then released mine in the process... so the possibilities are definitely there. In the past, season ticket holder select-a-seat was in June-July where this year they are bumping it up to April.

tlongII
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I would imagine that courtside seats have a wait list. They do in Portland and San Antonio would obviously have more demand due to their recent success. I've been lucky enough to sit courtside a few times on my company's tickets. There is nothing better, imo.

remingtonbo2001
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm looking at getting a package for the remainder of the season.

Mainly so I can get playoff tickets...I'm sensing a Spurs-Pistons rematch.

spurschick
03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
And there's always these people Ruff:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/csh/search.aspx?csh=CSH_CPSENERGY

remingtonbo2001
03-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Done! That's the sort of thing I was hoping for.

All we have to do is find me a job, and I'm there. I've just spent two years studying sustainability (electricity in particular, but also water, waste, transport, embodied energy, etc) and will have a Masters in that when I finish my thesis. I have an undergrad degree in ecology, and experience in everything from teaching to admin to driving a taxi. If anyone out there is hiring (preferably not taxi driving), LMK. :)

Hmmm..HB Zachary is in the Energy business.

Fantastic Company. They treat my dad like royalty.

BIG PLUS. They own a small portion of the Spurs, and a couple of boxes in the SBC (AT&T). My dad has been fortunate enough to view a couple of games from the box.

A couple years ago, my dad snagged 3rd row tickets behind the oppositions bench for my brother, his wife, myself, and a friend. It was great. The closet I've been.

Really you should check out HB Zachary. They are an unbelievable company. They treat you like family.

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2008, 11:46 PM
What about here?
http://www.valero.com/
http://valero.hrdpt.com/ (http://)

Arent you hiring a toyboy spurschick :D:D:D:D

alamo50
03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Good luck Ruff!!!

kskonn
03-06-2008, 06:19 PM
In my experience there is a wait for a lot of seats in the lower bowl, however as Spurschick said people tend to get really excited at first and then back out when that first payment of 10-20k is due. I have had seats in the lower level for a few years and my dad has had them since the Hemisfair day, when the dust settles they can usually work something out, but my best advice is to get your request and name in early. Just a quick fact, when my dad had seats in Hemisfair we were in row 5 and they cost $27 per seat.

Radiosparks
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I just read the article from the express last week talking about season tickets in the lower bowl going up 20-50% with the biggest changes about where you're talking.... corners and baseline, approx 5-15 rows back. Had no idea about the article until my father mentioned it on the phone tonight. My seats are upper bowl and I assume they're staying about the same - we haven't heard anything yet.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030108.01A.spurstickets.386d6c0.html

How is the view from the upper bowl? What's the season package going for these days?

robino2001
03-06-2008, 07:03 PM
How is the view from the upper bowl? What's the season package going for these days?

I absolutely love it for the price. For the first couple of years at AT&T/SBC before I got season tickets, I'd always end up sitting like row 17-20 in the upper bowl on the sidelines, and it was alright but just felt SUPER high. For my season seats, I went baseline but in the front rows for a similar price. Sideline vs baseline isn't a huge deal to me. The seats directly below us in the lower bowl go for $60-ish a game, mine are mid-20's per game, and there isn't that much of a difference. The additional height helps see the opposite end of the court better, not to mention at less than half the price. This year, my tickets were just over $1k per seat.... $1005 or something... I have no idea for next year though.