PDA

View Full Version : What if the trade for JR Smith went through?

phxspurfan
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm watching the PHX-DEN game. AI passed up an open three, JR Smith got the ball, went 1-on-1 to the hoop, blew the layup, got frustrated and seemed to shove Steve Nash in the back as he ran back up the court. Steve stopped after he collided with Amare, looked back and shrugged the obvious foul off as he dribbled up court.

So my question is:

Considering the facts:

Smith underperformed in the playoffs, sports a yellow headband, slapped a girl in a club....

...do you think if that trade for Barry went through, Smith would have screwed up the Spurs' chemistry so much that we wouldn't have won the championship?

Do you think he would even be a Spur at this point?

SequSpur
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
He would've had a ring right now.

BIG z
03-05-2008, 10:08 PM
NA the way pop is he wouldnt have gotten any playing time...

lefty
03-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Fuck JR Smith...

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2008, 10:59 PM
JRSMITH with the spurs?

his street credentiability goes down

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-06-2008, 12:09 AM
JR needs to stay with the Nuggs. It's the only team where he won't be the biggest headcase :lol

He can get hot though, as you saw tonight. He is a streak shooter but has alot more open looks with AI and Melo dominating. GK has started using him more and also in the 4th qtr which is new.

If those two can keep a professional relationship then i think JR will be a key part of the Nuggets trying to make a run for a playoff spot.

Not sure if the Nuggets will resign him though. Guess it depends on other offers

Mr. Body
03-06-2008, 12:18 AM
He'd be playing for another team. It was a salary cap move, plus an outside chance he'd 'get it'. He wouldn't, then wouldn't be resigned.