New York Knicks.

lefty
03-05-2008, 10:09 PM
New York Knicks.

True

but still, not bad at all

thispego
03-05-2008, 10:13 PM
what's this about some fan running on to the court to say something to lebron?

Medvedenko
03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Great game...well done.

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
The Knicks are indeed a sad sad franchise

SuperFob
03-05-2008, 10:37 PM
New York Knicks.
Does the fact that Lebron was playing the Knicks make any of those fade-away threes go in?

resistanze
03-05-2008, 10:43 PM
As bad as the Knicks are, I don't see players dropping 50 with 10 dimes and 8 rebounds and 4 steals daily. LeBron is on another level.

ludda
03-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Crazy statline, nice!

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2008, 10:45 PM
the only thing his doing now is statpadding to make it look like he has enough grounds to make a case for mvp

same with kobe, dude doesnt show up for 3quarters and shows up in the 4th, thats not clutch play, thats BS...

tim duncan looms

SuperFob
03-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Some people love to plaster "stat-padding" across their posts whenever Lebron has a good game. If you're going to come up with an excuse, make it a bit more original.

resistanze
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
the only thing his doing now is statpadding to make it look like he has enough grounds to make a case for mvp

same with kobe, dude doesnt show up for 3quarters and shows up in the 4th, thats not clutch play, thats BS...

tim duncan looms
Does being a dipshit take effort? Or does it come naturally in every post you make?

Thunder Dan
03-05-2008, 10:59 PM
New York Knicks.

Yeah it's like the Knicks are playing the role of the 2007 Pistons.

Did anyone see the shot at the end of the half? It was like Jordan's shot except from 35 feet

TampaDude
03-05-2008, 11:03 PM
LeBron is a fucking maniac this season...he should get the MVP over Kobe...

tlongII
03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
LeBron is EASILY the best player in the league. RECOGNIZE!

Matchman
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Im starting to think Lebron can and will single handedly beat the Celtics especially because Pierce always pisses him off.
Q to Cav fans: what happened between James and Pierce?

ducks
03-05-2008, 11:20 PM
he was trying to copy kobe
to bad kobe did it against Dallas not the lowly knicks

and kobe had 10 rebounds and 52 points

ducks
03-05-2008, 11:20 PM
LeBron is EASILY the best player in the league. RECOGNIZE!
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes
kobe>james
everyday that ends in y

SuperFob
03-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Pierce has disliked Lebron since he stepped into the league and started training. There was an incident where Pierce spit into the Cavs bench during a pre-season game Lebron's rookie year, and then there was a fight between the two.

Since then... rivalry.

JohnnySixString
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Lebron's 50 and 10 certainly stands out. Should the Knicks be scoring 105 though?

SuperFob
03-05-2008, 11:24 PM
he was trying to copy kobe
to bad kobe did it against Dallas not the lowly knicks

and kobe had 10 rebounds and 52 points
A. Dallas is terrible at defending perimeter players. Lebron averaged 43 points a game against them during the year they made the Finals, and they basically handed D Wade a couple 40 point games a game during the Finals.

B. Kobe needed over-time and 27 free-throw attempts to do it.

C. 50 points and 10 assists is much harder than 50 and 10 rebounds.

Oh yes, Lebron>Kobe, by the way.

duncan228
03-05-2008, 11:34 PM
LeBron is a fucking maniac this season...

LeBron is incredible, I don't see how anyone can deny his talent.

This season I think he's playing with an added emotion...He's pissed.
He got his team to the big stage last year, couldn't win a game, and watched the Trophy handed out on his court.

I think he's pissed off. If one man could win an NBA championship by himself it would be LeBron. Fueled by talent and anger.

LakerMagic
03-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Kobe>Duncan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron

ducks
03-05-2008, 11:51 PM
LeBron is incredible, I don't see how anyone can deny his talent.

This season I think he's playing with an added emotion...He's pissed.
He got his team to the big stage last year, couldn't win a game, and watched the Trophy handed out on his court.

I think he's pissed off. If one man could win an NBA championship by himself it would be LeBron. Fueled by talent and anger.
james is ticked because everyone thinks he can not do it
they pick other teams
this is the first time in his life he can not control that even with his money

he always has gotten what he wants because of basketball

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Eh, who cares if it was the Knicks.

It's a great production by Lebron. If it weren't, every premiere player would pull off that performance off against the Knicks.

ducks
03-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Eh, who cares if it was the Knicks.

It's a great production by Lebron. If it weren't, every premiere player would pull off that performance off against the Knicks.
no because most players do not need to go off on knicks to get a w
cavs suck and james gets ticked people do not not pick the cavs to go to finals

JamStone
03-06-2008, 12:12 AM
A. Dallas is terrible at defending perimeter players. Lebron averaged 43 points a game against them during the year they made the Finals, and they basically handed D Wade a couple 40 point games a game during the Finals.

B. Kobe needed over-time and 27 free-throw attempts to do it.

C. 50 points and 10 assists is much harder than 50 and 10 rebounds.

Oh yes, Lebron>Kobe, by the way.

A. Kidd and Howard aren't great defenders (Kidd used to be and Howard sometimes is), but they're better than Q-Rich, Balkman, Lee, and whoever else the Knicks had to guard him.

B. Kobe wasn't trying to outdo anyone when he scored his 52, and whether you want to dog the Mavs or prop up the Knicks, the Mavs are a playoff team in the West and the Knicks aren't in the East.

C. 11 rebounds for a guard is just as impressive as 10 assists for a point forward especially when that point forward has the ball in his hands to initiate plays every possession. Plus, two of Kobe's teammates had 10+ rebounds as well. And, in order to get assists, your teammates have to score buckets. Against Dallas, Fisher (3-11), Gasol (5-14), Odom (2-8), Vujacic (3-12), and Farmar (1-6) shot 14-for-51, 27.5% from the field. Hard to get assists if your teammates cannot score.

D. Kobe scored a better percentage in each shooting category (55.6% FG, 67% 3PT, 74.1% FT) than LeBron (53.3% FG, 53.8% 3PT, 68.8% FT).

E. All I posted was "New York Knicks." I didn't say it wasn't impressive. I just typed "New York Knicks." Nothing else. Those who responded are assuming what I meant, when all I did was type something I knew would get a rise out of some people. And, predictably, it did. LeBron's night was amazing. And, he should be applauded and praised for it.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Lebron will end up being one of the best offensive players the league has seen. However, that will mainly be due to his god given physical abilities. There just isn't anyone that can physically match him. He is as big as most power forwards and as fast as most swing-men.

My thing with him is I don't think he has the skills of Kobe and I'm not sure if he will ever get them. When it comes to foot work and fundamentals I honestly believe he is a few notches below Bryant. However, like I said above, his physical gifts easily makeup for this.

I see it as a prime Shaq versus a prime Duncan type of thing. No one could touch a prime Shaq physically which made the game easier for him and he dominated because of it. Duncan on the other hand doesn't have a big physical advantage against most big men and he works harder to gain his advantage. That is why Duncan is the big fundamental, he needs those fundamentals to be the player he is. Kobe is pretty much Duncan in the guard form.

^^This is probably the best take on the whole Lebron vs. Kobe debate I've read.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Lebron is awesome...but not as awesome as #24

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 01:00 AM
A. Kidd and Howard aren't great defenders (Kidd used to be and Howard sometimes is), but they're better than Q-Rich, Balkman, Lee, and whoever else the Knicks had to guard him.

B. Kobe wasn't trying to outdo anyone when he scored his 52, and whether you want to dog the Mavs or prop up the Knicks, the Mavs are a playoff team in the West and the Knicks aren't in the East.

C. 11 rebounds for a guard is just as impressive as 10 assists for a point forward especially when that point forward has the ball in his hands to initiate plays every possession. Plus, two of Kobe's teammates had 10+ rebounds as well. And, in order to get assists, your teammates have to score buckets. Against Dallas, Fisher (3-11), Gasol (5-14), Odom (2-8), Vujacic (3-12), and Farmar (1-6) shot 14-for-51, 27.5% from the field. Hard to get assists if your teammates cannot score.

D. Kobe scored a better percentage in each shooting category (55.6% FG, 67% 3PT, 74.1% FT) than LeBron (53.3% FG, 53.8% 3PT, 68.8% FT).

E. All I posted was "New York Knicks." I didn't say it wasn't impressive. I just typed "New York Knicks." Nothing else. Those who responded are assuming what I meant, when all I did was type something I knew would get a rise out of some people. And, predictably, it did. LeBron's night was amazing. And, he should be applauded and praised for it.

:clap :clap :clap

Thunder Dan
03-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Q to Cav fans: what happened between James and Pierce?

I think it was more PP not liking the attention LBJ got when he first came in the league. They got into it during his rookie year, and in James' second year PP and him got after one another in a preseason game and PP spit towards the Cavs' bench on the way to the locker room

stretch
03-06-2008, 09:37 AM
^^This is probably the best take on the whole Lebron vs. Kobe debate I've read.
I'd have to agree with that take as well. But I think Lebron is actually capable of developing the shot and footwork that he needs. Shaq was just a big fat-ass that got away with pushing every fucking play.

And the fact that Lebron is going apeshit like this and is only like 22 or 23... fucking incredible. He has a long basketball future ahead of him to develop the skills that Kobe has right now. But at this point in each player's career... Lebron is WAYYYYYYYYYYY ahead of Kobe in basically every aspect. Kobe wasn't an incredible shooter his first several years either. He was basically like Lebron... has ability, and can get hot any given night from deep, but wasn't always consistent with it. It wasnt really till his 7th year in the league, that Kobe develop a pretty consistent deep ball.

Don't forget that Kobe also had the luxury of feeding off another superstar in his early years to get easier buckets. Lebron has never had a legit star to play with, and is completely dominating the league. True, in a sense, having Shaq may have taken away from some of his scoring, but it should still have made him a more efficient player, but Lebron has been a FAR more efficient player than Kobe was in his first several years, and with a FAR lesser team, is still a more efficient player than the seasoned veteran that Kobe is.

hater
03-06-2008, 09:43 AM
it's against the knicks. he would have got inferior numbers playing at the YMCA

E20
03-06-2008, 10:06 AM
New York Knicks.
Kobe got his 81 against a shitty Raptors team, does that discredit his game? Pistons fans need to get over Lebron's beat down of them in the ECF and let it go.

And yes I read your 5000 long pargraph post defending yourself about saying "New York Knicks".

stretch
03-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Kobe got his 81 against a shitty Raptors team, does that discredit his game? Pistons fans need to get over Lebron's beat down of them in the ECF and let it go.

And yes I read your 5000 long pargraph post defending yourself about saying "New York Knicks".
:tu

JamStone
03-06-2008, 10:22 AM

If so, then you make no sense.

Also, yes, Kobe scored 81 on a shitty Raptors team. LeBron didn't score 80 points last night.

It's as if Spurs fans never ever got on Kobe or Shaq back when that version of the Lakers were still big dogs in the West. Or, that Spurs fans don't love to hate on Dirk or Amare just because.

Get off the soap box.

Edit: LeBron was fucking amazing. Is that what you want me to type? It's true. It doesn't mean I can't trivialize it, poke holes, or make fun of him and his accomplishments regardless. And, what I wrote, "New York Knicks," it wasn't inaccurate. It's fact that they played the Knicks. I didn't add any other shit to it but stated who it was against.

As for my "5000 long paragraph," only one part (section E) talked about my "New York Knicks" comment. It amounted to about 4 or 5 short sentences. Nice of you to wax rhapsodic as if you even had a point at all.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Lebron will end up being one of the best offensive players the league has seen. However, that will mainly be due to his god given physical abilities. There just isn't anyone that can physically match him. He is as big as most power forwards and as fast as most swing-men.

My thing with him is I don't think he has the skills of Kobe and I'm not sure if he will ever get them. When it comes to foot work and fundamentals I honestly believe he is a few notches below Bryant. However, like I said above, his physical gifts easily makeup for this.

I see it as a prime Shaq versus a prime Duncan type of thing. No one could touch a prime Shaq physically which made the game easier for him and he dominated because of it. Duncan on the other hand doesn't have a big physical advantage against most big men and he works harder to gain his advantage. That is why Duncan is the big fundamental, he needs those fundamentals to be the player he is. Kobe is pretty much Duncan in the guard form.

Agree to a certain extent. Kobe, while not possessing the height and bulk LeBron has, is still one of the elite athletes in the NBA. Kobe still has superior athleticism and leaping ability and premium size for a shooting guard. There are plenty of times where Kobe uses his athleticism just as much as his polished skill to take over games. He uses both.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 10:38 AM
There are certain things in basketball you either have or don't have, and I just don't see Lebron ever developing the style, grace, footwork, and fundamentals that Kobe has. Even a young Kobe wowed us because he was just so smooth and graceful on the court.

E20
03-06-2008, 10:41 AM
If so, then you make no sense.

Also, yes, Kobe scored 81 on a shitty Raptors team. LeBron didn't score 80 points last night.

It's as if Spurs fans never ever got on Kobe or Shaq back when that version of the Lakers were still big dogs in the West. Or, that Spurs fans don't love to hate on Dirk or Amare just because.

Get off the soap box.

Edit: LeBron was fucking amazing. Is that what you want me to type? It's true. It doesn't mean I can't trivialize it, poke holes, or make fun of him and his accomplishments regardless. And, what I wrote, "New York Knicks," it wasn't inaccurate. It's fact that they played the Knicks. I didn't add any other shit to it but stated who it was against.

As for my "5000 long paragraph," only one part (section E) talked about my "New York Knicks" comment. It amounted to about 4 or 5 short sentences. Nice of you to wax rhapsodic as if you even had a point at all.
Thanks for wasting your time and writing another 5000000 long pargraph rebuttal.

BTW I personally never hate on any players, the rest of the Spurs fans do. I respect NBA/CBA/NBDL players, because they're so damn good and all the time they wasted working on their game.

stretch
03-06-2008, 10:41 AM
:lol

JamStone
03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for wasting your time and writing another 5000000 long pargraph rebuttal.

BTW I personally never hate on any players, the rest of the Spurs fans do. I respect NBA/CBA/NBDL players, because they're so damn good and all the time they wasted working on their game.

No problem. I'm curious why you spend so much time reading posts that you think aren't worth reading. What's really worse: the hater or the hater of the hater?

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 10:55 AM

How is writing 50000000 paragraph a waste of time?...it shows he knows how to answer back and prove a point. Its not his fault your rebuttles are 3 sentences long and dont back you up.

For example, what kind of 2 sentence rebuttle was that? You are comparing 81 points to 50. Last time i checked, someone scored 52 points couple days before against a Western Contender.

E20
03-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for wasting your time once again replying to my posts. You guys obviously nothing better to do.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for wasting your time once again replying to my posts. You guys obviously nothing better to do.

i replied to this one too...can you reply back pls. Just like you, im sitting at work doing nothing.

Cry Havoc
03-06-2008, 11:13 AM
There are certain things in basketball you either have or don't have, and I just don't see Lebron ever developing the style, grace, footwork, and fundamentals that Kobe has. Even a young Kobe wowed us because he was just so smooth and graceful on the court.

So you're saying LeBron will never develop this because of... what, exactly? LeBron has incredible ball-handling abilities, and his jumper continues to improve. There has never really been a player like James, and no one to even compare him to outside of Magic, so I'm not sure what you're basing this on, especially when Kobe took a full 2 seasons to really become a great player. Even if what you say is the case, I'd still consider it a close match, because Kobe will never, ever have LeBron's court vision, despite James being several years younger.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 11:20 AM

pot.kettle.black.

I fully expect to read you scolding every fan in every thread criticizing, making fun of, or discrediting any good player. Go to work.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 11:24 AM
So you're saying LeBron will never develop this because of... what, exactly? LeBron has incredible ball-handling abilities, and his jumper continues to improve. There has never really been a player like James, and no one to even compare him to outside of Magic, so I'm not sure what you're basing this on, especially when Kobe took a full 2 seasons to really become a great player. Even if what you say is the case, I'd still consider it a close match, because Kobe will never, ever have LeBron's court vision, despite James being several years younger.

Kobe actually has pretty similar court vision and ability to create for teammates.

Kobe plays in the triangle offense. It's predicated on pretty equal distribution among the players on the court to initiate plays. It has never been one to allow for one player to get the majority of assists. Mike Brown's offense is "give it to LeBron and let him shoot or create off the dribble." Gee, I wonder which player is going to average more assists... the guy that plays in the triangle or the guy who gets 50 iso plays per game.

Kobe plays lock-down defense. LeBron, improved but not so much.

Cry Havoc
03-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Kobe plays in the triangle offense. It's predicated on pretty equal distribution among the players on the court to initiate plays.

And yet Kobe scored 81 points in a single game. Also, LeBron is getting double-digit assists with regularity, with a pretty sad team outside of perhaps Gooden. Besides, using the triangle offense argument opens the door to question the record differences between the teams. You can't say that the Lakers are that much better than the Cavs because of Kobe alone, but then give credit to the triangle for taking dimes away from Kobe. Either his teammates are good enough to warrant the more balanced attack (which means other teams can focus on Lebron more, making it harder for him to produce), or Kobe is doing it all and still not getting the assists. You can't argue for a better record as a reason for Kobe as MVP and then state that he isn't getting assists because the triangle shifts some of the focus away from him.

Kobe plays lock-down defense. LeBron, improved but not so much.

LeBron has shut Kobe down this year. And I agree, Kobe's defense is better, but LeBron's has improved vastly from last year. I have no doubts that very soon he'll be among the top defenders in the league.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Well how great of a defender was Kobe at 23 years of age? I mean everyone is saying how fantastic Kobe is is compared to Lebron, um last time I checked Lebron hasn't even hit his prime which is around 27-28 years of age. It's not like they are both the same age Lebron is 23 and Kobe is 29! Every year Lebron improves and in a couple more years he will become a better defender too.

No doubt. But, when it's discussed, the debate is which player is better now. Can't predict what LeBron will be at the age of 29. LeBron will probably match or surpass Kobe by the time LeBron is Kobe's age. That doesn't mean he's better now. LeBron may very well go down as the greatest player ever to play the game. But, it's not about predictions and forecasting. It's about which is the better player now. Age factor is irrelevant because you simply cannot make them the same age or give them the same exact amount of experience.

stretch
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Every year Lebron improves and in a couple more years he will become a better defender too.
IMO, when they both play their very best defense, Lebron's defense is actually better than Kobe's. He just doesn't play as hard on defense unless he really needs to, and when he did, he completely locked Kobe up, while Lebron was still able to score pretty much at will against Kobe's best defense.

stretch
03-06-2008, 11:59 AM
LeBron will probably match or surpass Kobe by the time LeBron is Kobe's age.

He already has.

That doesn't mean he's better now.

He is better now.

It's about which is the better player now.

That would be Lebron.

rAm
03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Lebron is rediculous, that shot from 35-feet that he KNEW he was going to make summed up who he is right now, and may have given us a glimpse of what he can become.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 12:03 PM
And yet Kobe scored 81 points in a single game. Also, LeBron is getting double-digit assists with regularity, with a pretty sad team outside of perhaps Gooden. Besides, using the triangle offense argument opens the door to question the record differences between the teams. You can't say that the Lakers are that much better than the Cavs because of Kobe alone, but then give credit to the triangle for taking dimes away from Kobe. Either his teammates are good enough to warrant the more balanced attack (which means other teams can focus on Lebron more, making it harder for him to produce), or Kobe is doing it all and still not getting the assists. You can't argue for a better record as a reason for Kobe as MVP and then state that he isn't getting assists because the triangle shifts some of the focus away from him.

Scoring is not a problem for Kobe in the triangle offense, obviously.

And, I didn't say LeBron didn't have great court vision or amazing play making ability to create for teammates. He absolutely does. My point is that Kobe does too, even though it doesn't show up in his assist totals the same way it does for LeBron.

I didn't say the Lakers are "that" much better than the Cavs because of Kobe alone. Where was that said? Who said that? I don't get what your point is here.

Kobe does not do it all by himself. This season, especially with Gasol, he does have a better supporting cast than LeBron does with his Cavs.

The triangle offers options for passes in different open areas (gaps) where the defense is softest. Players get to the open areas to get passes. Once they receive a pass in an open area, they may have an open shot or the defense reacts quickly and it usually opens up a better shot opportunity. Often times, a player like Kobe finds a player in an open area that finds another teammate who is even more open. Kobe might make the pass that leads to the assist. This isn't hockey and Kobe doesn't get an assist.

The point of bringing up the triangle at all is to talk about it as a more structured offense and how it allows for all five players to make plays for teammates. Isolation plays at the top of the key or at the wing for LeBron James while his teammates are standing around watching him about to break a defender down off the dribble pretty much means LeBron is going to score or get the assist.

It's not about which player has better teammates or whether teammates are good enough or not. It's about the disparity of opportunities to make plays for teammates each has.

And, I'm not arguing that Kobe deserves the MVP more than LeBron because the Lakers have a better record. I think Kobe is the better all around player. But, it's pretty much a given that voters do take into consideration team record, whether they should or not.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 12:04 PM
He already has.

He is better now.

That would be Lebron.

Opinion without the least bit of explanation.

You're more than entitled to it. I happen to disagree.

stretch
03-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Opinion without the least bit of explanation.

You're more than entitled to it. I happen to disagree.
My opinion is right.

Yours is wrong.

That is all the explanation you need.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:17 PM
My opinion is right.

Yours is wrong.

ha..like that works in the real world..oh yah..its the internet. the sky is red. I am right.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 12:20 PM
It isn't going to take Lebron 6 years to get to where Kobe is..Damn he is the second best offensive player right behind Kobe today. And the only thing that Kobe does better than Lebron is shot jumpers and free throws and play a little better defense. And how many great defenders are there out there at 23 years of age other than Dwight Howard who is a center.

I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron is better than Kobe as soon as next year. But, right now, I still feel Kobe is better. And, if it's a question of which player is better, right now I say Kobe. And as for what else Kobe does better than LeBron on offense, Kobe is also better in the post. LeBron doesn't have much of a low post game. Kobe can score in the post. Also, there are different types of shooting. Kobe is a better set shot jump shooter, better off of pull-ups off the dribble, and slightly better at fade-aways.

Look LeBron is amazing. I would say he's easily the second best player in the league and not very far off of Kobe at all. I simply believe Kobe is a little better right now. And, reading what you wrote, I think you agree that right now it's still Kobe.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Well how great of a defender was Kobe at 23 years of age?

7-time All-Defensive Selection:
First Team: 2000 (age 22), 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007
Second Team: 2001, 2002

Youngest player to be named to the NBA All-Defensive Team (1999-2000)

Hope that answers your question.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 12:22 PM
My opinion is right.

Yours is wrong.

Good talk.

You make a compelling argument.

You should run for president.

E20
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
pot.kettle.black.

I fully expect to read you scolding every fan in every thread criticizing, making fun of, or discrediting any good player. Go to work.
That's where I make a majority of my posts work aka school.

LMAO Being an E-ASS is so fun.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Lebron is rediculous, that shot from 35-feet that he KNEW he was going to make summed up who he is right now, and may have given us a glimpse of what he can become.

PhkCyh_JHak

stretch
03-06-2008, 12:29 PM
ha..like that works in the real world..oh yah..its the internet. the sky is red. I am right.
Yup.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:30 PM
It isn't going to take Lebron 6 years to get to where Kobe is..Damn he is the second best offensive player right behind Kobe today. And the only thing that Kobe does better than Lebron is shot jumpers and free throws and play a little better defense. And how many great defenders are there out there at 23 years of age other than Dwight Howard who is a center.

Better shooter....and better DEFENSE. Those two are big factors in someones all around game. If you can shoot and defend..wow....theres not alot of people in the nba who can shoot and defend. There is Kobe, and there is __________?

stretch
03-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Good talk.

You make a compelling argument.

You should run for president.
It would be too easy. I need more challenge. Thats why I sit around and own mo-fos like you on the internet.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Yup.

I LOVE IT. These guys cant put up a reasonable reason why Lebron is better than Kobe other that..."cuz i said so, im an E-ass and haha your rebuttle was 5000000 words long".

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Kobe has been killing it for years now. I give Lebron his due, but it's old hat to Kobe. The dude averaged 36, 6, 6 and didn't win MVP because of his record, even though we had smush, kwame and Luke starting. It's about heart and passion which Kobe has in spades. Will Lebron exceed Kobe, well there's only 1 Kobe and only 1 Lebron. Let's keep it that way.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Hope you understand..that Kobe at 22 had Shaq and wasn't the pivotal point of offense for the Lakers. Lebron has to run the Cavs offense so, and it would be impossible for him to be a such a great defender without having another dominate player on his team.

ok...so your saying at 25, Lebron will get in the all defense first team?

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
It would be too easy. I need more challenge. Thats why I sit around and own mo-fos like you on the internet.

Dude, you're like 20 years old and have about as much basketball acumen as my girlfriend. You were like 12 when the Lakers were winning their first chip while Kobe was ballin and feeding the diesel.

E20
03-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I LOVE IT. These guys cant put up a reasonable reason why Lebron is better than Kobe other that..."cuz i said so, im an E-ass and haha your rebuttle was 5000000 words long".
When did I ever say Lebron was better than Kobe?

Do I think Lebron will be better than Kobe? Yes. Do I think Lebron has done more than Kobe at his age? Yes.

The only reason I'm busting JamStone's chops, beacuse
A) I like being an ass to people over the internet sometimes
B) Being serious in the internet all the time makes you look like a fucking douche.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
he could be.

ok could be...so right now Kobe is better player overall then. When Lebron shows defense like he did against Kobe the last game in a nightly basis, then he'll be better.

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Listen it's a toss up between the two but since Lebron is 6 years younger he will definitely surpass Kobe in the near future. Right now Kobe is a little better than Lebron in the future Lebron will be better!

You're right...just like when Kobe dropped 40 in the 1st half vs MJ (during his last stint with the Wiz) Kobe was better than Jordan...just like Lebron will surpass Kobe in a few years. It's called time.....Thanks for your insight, as it proves nothing really.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 12:40 PM

LMAO!

I can imagine you in your "I RULE AT THE INTERNET" t-shirt with your mesh "pnwed" baseball cap giving yourself high fives.

Good job owning mo-fos on the internet.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
You're right...just like when Kobe dropped 40 in the 1st half vs MJ (during his last stint with the Wiz) Kobe was better than Jordan...just like Lebron will surpass Kobe in a few years. It's called time.....Thanks for your insight, as it proves nothing really.

That right...im sure when Kobe is 37 and Lebron is 30, Lebron will torch Kobe and break his ankles. Just like all these centers are owning Shaq...Howard is better than Shaq now....will it mean he is better than him when we look back in 30 years.

E20
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I love how people just take defense into consideration.

"Okay Lebron scores more points, more rebounds, more assists, more steals, but wait fuck that Kobe plays a little bit better defense, so fuck Lebron." In that case Bill Russel >> Wilt Chamberlain
Bruce Bowen >> Michael Jordan

JamStone
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
And reason everyone is so damn impressed by Lebron is because he is only 23 years old! name another player at such a young age that dominates like he does..

Not too many. Probably other greats like Magic, Oscar, Wilt. I think Grant Hill dominated in a similar fashion, although he was more of a 20 ppg, not the 25-30 ppg scorer LeBron is. Vince Carter was similarly impressive around that same age.

But, just because some people still feel like Kobe is better than LeBron, it doesn't mean that those of us who feel that way don't think LeBron isn't amazing. He most definitely is. He's a once in a generation type talent with superhuman physical gifts. LeBron is phenomenal. Point is, so is Kobe and currently, there are some of us that still believe Kobe is the better player.

It's akin to a debate over which Victoria Secret's model is hotter... it's not like you can really go wrong with either, and it probably comes down to personal preference.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 12:53 PM

"

Yes because we all know Bruce is at par with Jordan in the offensive end. :smokin

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I never said he wasn't did I? No Lebron will be better once he starts to make his free throws on consistent basis and becomes a better jump shooter.

And reason everyone is so damn impressed by Lebron is because he is only 23 years old! name another player at such a young age that dominates like he does..and I actually think what Chris Paul is doing this year is even more impressive than Lebron and Kobe given the team he is on and him only being 6 feet tall and weighing 165 pounds! :toast

Yes very impressive...actually Shaq @ 22-23 years old averaged 29 and 12....Kobe @ 24 averaged 30, 7 and 6 with 2.2 steals...also 1st team all defensive as well.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM

"Okay Lebron scores more points, more rebounds, more assists, more steals, but wait fuck that Kobe plays a little bit better defense, so fuck Lebron." In that case Bill Russel >> Wilt Chamberlain

It would be nice if you at least compared players with similar offensive abilities.

It's what makes Hakeem a more complete player than Patrick Ewing (even though Ewing was a decent defensive center) or Michael Jordan better than Dominique Wilkins.

Using extreme examples of defenders with subpar offensive skill doesn't apply in a comparison between Kobe and LeBron where each has superior level offensive game. And, when they are similar, defense can be a deciding factor.

stretch
03-06-2008, 12:56 PM

I'm sorry that I can't provide reasonable posts on why I feel that Lebron is a better basketball player than Kobe.

I failed to mention:

- The fact that every stat of his is better except for FT and 3pt percentages.

- The fact that Kobe has a FAR superior team, and has had a FAR superior team to Lebron's for his entire career but could never get out of the first round, choked a 3-1 series lead to a team that doesnt rebound or play defense, and could only win in the playoffs when he was second fiddle to Shaq in his prime.

- The fact that Lebron led a team with virtually ZERO talent or consistency and no legit stars to the finals, completely dominating one of the top 5, possibly top 3 best teams in the league in the Pistons, and doing so by making a huge comeback after being down 2-0 in the series and having on of the single greatest playoff performances in NBA history, better than that of any playoff performance Kobe has ever had.

- The fact that in head to head matchups, Lebron has owned Kobe.

- The fact that any records Kobe had set for his age, Lebron is surpassing with ease.

- The fact that despite having a shitty team, instead of drawing non-stop attention to himself, publicly telling his team to either get help or trade him, Lebron keeps the distractions to a minimum and just goes out and plays with what he has and kicks everyones ass both in the regular season and the playoffs.

- The fact that the only things Kobe really has on him is a better shot/freethrow, and more consistent defense, while Lebron is bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, is more explosive, has better court vision, passing, rebounding, shotblocking, ballhandling, is a smarter shooter, and really a smarter player in general which is incredible considering his age, and the experience that Kobe has (or should have) on Lebron, and that Lebron is much better at desicion making and shot selection.

Next time, I will be sure to include a 500000000 word post including those things in a post on a Lebron vs. Kobe debate. But for now, I guess you win. :cry

stretch
03-06-2008, 12:58 PM
LMAO!

I can imagine you in your "I RULE AT THE INTERNET" t-shirt with your mesh "pnwed" baseball cap giving yourself high fives.

Good job owning mo-fos on the internet.
lol, can't detect sarcasm

oh, and spare me the "i was sarcastic too, when in reality i wasnt i was just trying to cover up the fact that i took his post way too seriously to begin with" post.

monosylab1k
03-06-2008, 01:00 PM
honestly, it would be pretty damn funny to wear a "I rule at the internet" shirt.

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry that I can't provide reasonable posts on why I feel that Lebron is a better basketball player than Kobe.

I failed to mention:

- The fact that Kobe has a FAR superior team, and has had a FAR superior team to Lebron's for his entire career but could never get out of the first round, choked a 3-1 series lead to a team that doesnt rebound or play defense, and could only win in the playoffs when he was second fiddle to Shaq in his prime.

- The fact that Lebron led a team with virtually ZERO talent or consistency and no legit stars to the finals, completely dominating one of the top 5, possibly top 3 best teams in the league in the Pistons, and doing so by making a huge comeback after being down 2-0 in the series and having on of the single greatest playoff performances in NBA history, better than that of any playoff performance Kobe has ever had.

- The fact that any records Kobe had set for his age, Lebron is surpassing with ease.

- The fact that despite having a shitty team, instead of drawing non-stop attention to himself, publicly telling his team to either get help or trade him, Lebron keeps the distractions to a minimum and just goes out and plays with what he has and kicks everyones ass both in the regular season and the playoffs.

- The fact that the only things Kobe really has on him is a better shot/freethrow, and more consistent defense, while Lebron is bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, is more explosive, has better court vision, passing, rebounding, shotblocking, ballhandling, is a smarter shooter, and really a smarter player in general which is incredible considering his age, and the experience that Kobe has (or should have) on Lebron, and that Lebron is much better at desicion making and shot selection.

Next time, I will be sure to include a 500000000 word post including those things in a post on a Lebron vs. Kobe debate. But for now, I guess you win. :cry

Once again Kid...you probably only started watching basketball in the last few years, so no need to argue. Have fun with your life.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Once again Kid...you probably only started watching basketball in the last few years, so no need to argue. Have fun with your life.
Care to show me a Kobe performance that tops what Lebron did there?

and don't resort to the "youth" bullshit anymore, otherwise you should go make plans to give a fucking sermon to people who teach history and how they are not qualified to even talk about history because they didn't actually witness it.

if you don't plan on that, then just shut yourself the fuck up.

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Care to show me a Kobe performance that tops what Lebron did there?

and don't resort to the "youth" bullshit anymore, otherwise you should go make plans to give a fucking sermon to people who teach history and how they are not qualified to even talk about history because they didn't actually witness it.

if you don't plan on that, then just shut yourself the fuck up.

Well, since you're the tops of the internets...do some research yourself.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
lol, can't detect sarcasm

oh, and spare me the "i was sarcastic too, when in reality i wasnt i was just trying to cover up the fact that i took his post way too seriously to begin with" post.

I wasn't being sarcastic in my post. I really can picture you the way I described.

As for you being sarcastic with this quote:

I didn't think you were trying to be sarcastic at all. I did think you were serious. And, if you were being sarcastic, thank goodness. But, I'm not convinced that you were.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Well, since you're the tops of the internets...do some research yourself.
refusal to provide an example yourself = bullshit

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic in my post. I really can picture you the way I described.

As for you being sarcastic with this quote:

I didn't think you were trying to be sarcastic at all. I did think you were serious. And, if you were being sarcastic, thank goodness. But, I'm not convinced that you were.
Neat. Now we are on the same page. :lol

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I'll let you guys carry on this meaningless discussion but let me toss a little bit of reality in here 1st.

1.) Eastern Conference <<<<<<<< Western Conference
2.) Lebron's trip to the Finals = CAKEWALK and complete FLUKE, his team had no business being there and it showed when they got swept 4-0
3.) Kobe has had shitty teammates the past 3 years, nobody could have taken that supporting cast anywhere. The fact that he made the playoffs twice and damn near knocked out the Suns in '05 is incredible.

monosylab1k
03-06-2008, 01:20 PM
2.) Lebron's trip to the Finals = CAKEWALK and complete FLUKE
Hi Jeff.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I'll let you guys carry on this meaningless discussion but let me toss a little bit of reality in here 1st.

1.) Eastern Conference <<<<<<<< Western Conference
2.) Lebron's trip to the Finals = CAKEWALK and complete FLUKE, his team had no business being there and it showed when they got swept 4-0
3.) Kobe has had shitty teammates the past 3 years, nobody could have taken that supporting cast anywhere. The fact that he made the playoffs twice and damn near knocked out the Suns in '05 is incredible.
1.) Lebron's Team <<<<<<<<< Kobe's Team
2.) Kobe's trip to the Finals = Never happened
3.) Lebron has had shitty teammates his whole career, shittier than anything Kobe has ever had. The fact that he made the playoffs, actually WON a playoff series against a team that had fantastic offense but lacked defense and rebounding much like the Suns (Wizards) and got to the finals over a fantastic Pistons team who was better than the Suns ever were is incredible.

BTW - Hi Jeff.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 01:21 PM
1.) Lebron's Team <<<<<<<<< Kobe's Team
2.) Kobe's trip to the Finals = Never happened
3.) Lebron has had shitty teammates his whole career, shittier than anything Kobe has ever had. The fact that he made the playoffs, actually WON a playoff series against a team that had fantastic offense but lacked defense and rebounding much like the Suns (Wizards) and got to the finals over a fantastic Pistons team who was better than the Suns ever were is incredible.

LOL...nice try buddy. I guess having an allstar in Žydrūnas Ilgauskas means he has Zero talent. Oh yah..and Kobe had crappy playoff performances...yah his stats in the 15-1 playoff push was craptastic.

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
refusal to provide an example yourself = bullshit

Like I said Kid....no need to provide proof as I really don't care. Have fun with ruling the internet though.

mardigan
03-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Kobe is the better finisher, so if I had to choose today it would be Kobe. But if Im drafting for a franchise out of everyone in the NBA, Im taking Lebron easily because of his age and the fact that he is still getting better with every game, which is really scary.

Xylus
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM

I failed to mention:

Lebron is the best player in the NBA, and I really don't think it's that close. In a few years, it's going to be "Kobe who?"

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:25 PM
LOL...nice try buddy. I guess having an allstar in Žydrūnas Ilgauskas means he has Zero talent. Oh yah..and Kobe had crappy playoff performances...yah his stats in the 15-1 playoff push was craptastic.
So then would you say that Jamal Maglore and his all-star selection means that he is capable of being the 2nd option of a championship team that has virtualy no other talent?

And when the fuck did I ever say that Kobe had crappy playoff performances? You're a fuckin retard.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Like I said Kid....no need to provide proof as I really don't care. Have fun with ruling the internet though.
lol, full of shit

monosylab1k
03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Give me LeBron.....Kobe is amazing and is still the most talented player alive, but there's always the fear that he'll revert to being a selfish chucker when shit goes bad.

LeBron has the ability to take over but at the same time will never give up on his teammates the way Kobe has done time & time again.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:29 PM

Lebron is the best player in the NBA, and I really don't think it's that close. In a few years, it's going to be "Kobe who?"
I'd say its pretty damn close right now. Don't get me wrong... Kobe is in-fucking-credible. I really wish the Mavs could have traded for him this offseason. But I think Lebron is a bit better right now, by next season, pretty much everyone except people who cock-ride Kobe will admit that Lebron is better, and the year after that, it's not even going to be close. In fact, Kobe will at best, only be the 4th best player in the NBA, because we all forgot about the youth and upcoming dominance of Desagana Diop and Devin Harris.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Kobe's main teammates the previous two seasons were: Lamar Odom, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, and Brian Cook.

The previous three years, Kobe's supporting cast was pretty awful. This year, it's been much better with the development of Bynum, Farmar, and to a lesser extent Vujacic, the re-acquisition of Derek Fisher, and the trade for Pau Gasol. But, it's arguable at best that Kobe had a better supporting cast than LeBron the previous 2-3 seasons.

monosylab1k
03-06-2008, 01:30 PM
1. Devin Harris
2. Diop
3. Duncan
4. Kobe/LeBron

This is something Spurs fans can surely agree with.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas has made two all star games.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
:lol :lol :lol Jamal Magloire was an all-star?
He sure was. In fact, I believe it was just the year before Ilgausgas made the all-star team, in a conference devoid of centers (at the time anyways, it was before guys like Dwight Howard emerged)

Xylus
03-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas has made two all star games.
That's more of an indication of how terrible the East's big men are, than a tribute to Z's greatness.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Kobe's main teammates the previous two seasons were: Lamar Odom, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, and Brian Cook.

The previous three years, Kobe's supporting cast was pretty awful. This year, it's been much better with the development of Bynum, Farmar, and to a lesser extent Vujacic, the re-acquisition of Derek Fisher, and the trade for Pau Gasol. But, it's arguable at best that Kobe had a better supporting cast than LeBron the previous 2-3 seasons.
Lamar Odom >>>>>>> anyone Lebron has ever had.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:33 PM
That's more of an indication of how terrible the East's big men are, than a tribute to Z's greatness.
Thanks. :tu

JamStone
03-06-2008, 01:41 PM

True, but Jamaal Magloire's one fluke all star season still doesn't merit comparison to Zydrunas as a complementary player for a contending team.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Lamar Odom >>>>>>> anyone Lebron has ever had.

One player does not = entire supporting cast.

When the 3-9 players include Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Vladimir Radmanovic, Maurice Evans, Brian Cook, and Chris Mihm, your team is not very good.

LeBron has not had a great supporting cast either. But, Zydrunas, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes (I know he was bad at Cleveland), Varejao, Gibson, Pavlovic, Marshall, and Snow/Damon Jones, as bad as they are, are a better supporting cast than what Kobe has had the previous three seasons.

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
True, but Jamaal Magloire's one fluke all star season still doesn't merit comparison to Zydrunas as a complementary player for a contending team.
But Z sucks. If he is supposed to be your complimentary player, then your team has issues.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I guess

Smush Parker
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown

is a better team then

Larry Hughes
Eric Snow
Lebron James
Drew Gooden
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

HAHAH...i want what you're smkoing. :drunk :hat

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
One player does not = entire supporting cast.

When the 3-9 players include Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Vladimir Radmanovic, Maurice Evans, Brian Cook, and Chris Mihm, your team is not very good.

LeBron has not had a great supporting cast either. But, Zydrunas, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes (I know he was bad at Cleveland), Varejao, Gibson, Pavlovic, Marshall, and Snow/Damon Jones, as bad as they are, are a better supporting cast than what Kobe has had the previous three seasons.
It's arguable, for the other spares, but Odom, Mihm and Bynum >>>>>>>>>>>> Z and Gooden. IMO, Walton is a better fit as a role player than Hughes as well. Hughes is a black hole.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
exactly if he was in the west he would never make an all-star team.

which shows how hard it is to get to the finals in the West. You think Lebron would take his team past the Suns, then Dallas, then Spurs in the 2006-2007 season?

stretch
03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
which shows how hard it is to get to the finals in the West. You think Lebron would take his team past the Suns, then Dallas, then Spurs in the 2006-2007 season?
Did Kobe?

Oh, he didn't.

STFU

JamStone
03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
maybe, maybe not..it can be argued either way..but would Kobe with Lebron's supporting cast take the Cavs to the finals, I highly doubt that.

In the Eastern Conference? I say yes. Kobe led a starting line-up that included Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown to the playoffs in the Western Conference.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
It's arguable, for the other spares, but Odom, Mihm and Bynum >>>>>>>>>>>> Z and Gooden. IMO, Walton is a better fit as a role player than Hughes as well. Hughes is a black hole.

WTF...in 2006-2007..Mihm didnt even play (injured)..Bynum barely touched the floor...and you are comparing 3 players to 2. LOL

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
no but I think Lebron would have beaten the Suns especially if they were 3-1 in that series..considering that his team beat Detroit and was down 2-0!

ur mixing up the wrong seasons.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Did Kobe?

Oh, he didn't.

STFU

EXACTLY MY POINT. EAST IS WEAK.

Thanks...ooo..someone is getting butt hurt..whut happened to the e-thug.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 02:01 PM

Bynum wasn't really a factor before this year. I already said this year, Kobe has a better supporting cast, especially with Bynum's development. Mihm sucks. And, why is it just Z and Gooden when you listed three front court players for the Lakers?

Z, Gooden, Varejao >>>>>>>>>> Odom, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm

Walton isn't capable of scoring 40 points in a game. Hughes didn't fit that great in Cleveland. He still has tons more talent than Luke Walton.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Kobe's last 3 seasons....missed the playoffs than was up 3-1 and lost to the Suns and then lost the the Suns in 5 games.

What im saying is you think Lebron would have beaten the suns, but Lebron did his playoff magic last year, but the season the suns were down 3-1 was the season before....my point being, maybe at that year, lebron wasnt as good enough yet to beat the suns...Lebron pretty much has been going nuts these last two seasons. Not sure if the Lebron of 3 years ago could have made an impact in the west.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Kobe isn't getting past Detroit..Detroit can guard Kobe better than Lebron because Lebron is way stronger than Kobe. At least Prince could make some of Kobe's shots difficult but Lebron can abuse Prince at will!

Kobe is every bit as strong as Dwyane Wade and can attack the rim like he could plus he's a better shooter. Detroit's defense the last two seasons, especially interior resistance to dribble drive penetration has been very bad, most particularly in the playoffs.

Last year, with Ben Wallace gone to Chicago, Kobe could have done what LeBron did.

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:06 PM
WTF...in 2006-2007..Mihm didnt even play (injured)..Bynum barely touched the floor...and you are comparing 3 players to 2. LOL
You're a fucking idiot, seriously.

There was a period when Mihm was playing more, and a period when Bynum was playing more.

Another thing... in terms of indivdual players, Lebron's scrubs MAY be better. But in terms of fitting as a role player, Kobe has had plenty of guys who can hit the 3 ball, such as Vujacic, Farmar, Walton, Radmanovic, Parker, Evans, and at times, Odom. Guys like Kobe and Lebron need people who are capable of hitting open jumpshots. What shooters has Lebron had? Jones, Marshall, Gibson, and like Odom, at times Hughes could, and thats it. No one else on Lebron's team could shoot for shit. If building around those guys, I would rather surround him with shooters than guys who are a little more capable of scoring on iso's but cant shoot for shit.

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:07 PM
EXACTLY MY POINT. EAST IS WEAK.

Thanks...ooo..someone is getting butt hurt..whut happened to the e-thug.
Your argument is what's weak. Especially when you have to resort to the "tough guy" shit just because you are too unclever to think of your own insult.

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Z, Gooden, Varejao combined < Odom alone

fixed.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Scoring 40 points in a game doesn't mean that much considering that Linas Kleiza scored 41 points this year.

It means more that a player's talent is completely incapable of scoring 40 points, and that's the case with Luke Walton.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
You're a fucking idiot, seriously.

There was a period when Mihm was playing more, and a period when Bynum was playing more.

Hey DUMBASS. MIHM played 0 (ZERO) games last year. If playing more means playing ZERO, i guess you are right.

Moron.

JamStone
03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Z, Gooden, Varejao combined < Odom alone fixed.

No.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Scoring 40 points in a game doesn't mean that much considering that Linas Kleiza scored 41 points this year.

But i guess Lebron scoring 50 against the Knicks means we should have 2 threads. :p:

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey DUMBASS. MIHM played 0 (ZERO) games last year. If playing more means playing ZERO, i guess you are right.

Moron.
We aren't talking about last year alone. Last year, Bynum played more. The year before, Mihm played more. You seriously need to do your research.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 02:15 PM
We aren't talking about last year alone. Last year, Bynum played more. The year before, Mihm played more. You seriously need to do your research.

Of course we are talking about last year...last year is when the almighty Lebron James stepped up. Why cant we compare the the rosters of Lebrons best year in the NBA to Kobes of the same year...oh i guess because it doesnt work with your FACTS.

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Stretch...stick to watching your Mavs play....because you really haven't watched the Lakers play at all, especially with your ranting about who has the better supporting cast....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2000/playoffs/news/2000/06/15/reactions_game4/

Interesting notes from Fans back in 2000...oh and stretch you were 12 at that time.....

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Stretch...stick to watching your Mavs play....because you really haven't watched the Lakers play at all, especially with your ranting about who has the better supporting cast....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2000/playoffs/news/2000/06/15/reactions_game4/

Interesting notes from Fans back in 2000...oh and stretch you were 12 at that time.....
:wtf

how does game reaction from fans have anything to do with what we are talking about now?

you need to stick to not debating basketball period, because you are pretty fucking shitty at it.

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Of course we are talking about last year...last year is when the almighty Lebron James stepped up. Why cant we compare the the rosters of Lebrons best year in the NBA to Kobes of the same year...oh i guess because it doesnt work with your FACTS.
We have been talking about what they have accomplished with their own teams. That can include a span of multiple years. So far, Lebron has accomplished more with a crappy team than Kobe has.

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
:wtf

how does game reaction from fans have anything to do with what we are talking about now?

you need to stick to not debating basketball period, because you are pretty fucking shitty at it.

What the fuck are you talking about.....what do you think we're doing buddy...reacting to games from Kobe and Lebron. You are seriously dense, man. I found the link interesting as Kobe's legacy was started to be cemented at a young age.

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:34 PM
What the fuck are you talking about.....what do you think we're doing buddy...reacting to games from Kobe and Lebron. You are seriously dense, man.
Game reaction from fans has nothing to do with facts, you fucking idiot. I present stats, wins, losses, and facts. Other people talking about a game that happened 8 years ago has no relevance to today. Especially considering Kobe had Shaq alongside him. If Lebron had Shaq in his prime, then he would have had 3 rings by now as well, probably more, because he doesn't have the ego that Kobe has to fuck with Shaq's ego. He just goes out there with the sole purpose to win games.

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I found the link interesting as Kobe's legacy was started to be cemented at a young age.
Neat. Lebron's started earlier. Yet another thing Lebron beats Kobe out at.

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Game reaction from fans has nothing to do with facts, you fucking idiot. I present stats, wins, losses, and facts. Other people talking about a game that happened 8 years ago has no relevance to today. Especially considering Kobe had Shaq alongside him. If Lebron had Shaq in his prime, then he would have had 3 rings by now as well, probably more, because he doesn't have the ego that Kobe has to fuck with Shaq's ego. He just goes out there with the sole purpose to win games.

So you present stats, wins and losses and in the same paragraph you bring out pure conjecture regarding Lebron with Shaq....keep it up dummy.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Oh...why didnt i see it earlier...his team is Dallas...that explains it all.

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:50 PM
So you present stats, wins and losses and in the same paragraph you bring out pure conjecture regarding Lebron with Shaq....keep it up dummy.
You haven't presented anything at all. Show me a reason to believe that Kobe is better. You haven't done anything in that regard except post an article about fan reaction from one game 8 years ago.

And you mean to tell me that you think Lebron would not have been able to win 3 rings with Shaq in his prime, like Kobe did?

stretch
03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh...why didnt i see it earlier...his team is Dallas...that explains it all.
lol, original

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Ok, so you're a mavs fan right.....how many times does Kobe need to rape your team to show some respect.
You want stats......
62 in 3 quarters versus your team.
oh and the most recent 52 versus your team.

stretch
03-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok, so you're a mavs fan right.....how many times does Kobe need to rape your team to show some respect.
You want stats......
62 in 3 quarters versus your team.
oh and the most recent 52 versus your team.
lol, even more orginial

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 03:01 PM

stretch
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM

Thunder Dan
03-06-2008, 03:31 PM

that shot was unbelievable

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow not only is stretch a complete dickface to everyone on this board he's also a complete fucking moron.

1.) LEBRON PLAYS IN THE LEASTERN CONFERENCE - his trip to the Finals was a sham and we all saw what happened when he faced the Spurs. They got SWEPT. He and his team had no business being there and everyone knows it.
2.) Lebron's supporting cast has been better than Kobe's for the last 3 years.

Kwame Brown - racking up DNP's in Memphis
Smush Parker - was cut from the worst team in the league right now, the Miami Heat
Chris Mihm - hasn't really played in 2 years, ankle injuries, a backup C at best
Luke Walton - has good bball IQ but not one shred of actual talent, can't shoot or defend well at all

Lebron had a very good Center in Big Z, a decent swingman in Larry Hughes, a good young PG rotation in Booby Gibson and Sasha Pavlovich, a great hustle player in Varajaeo. His team has been pretty good and well-rounded, everyone on his team is playing in the NBA and getting major minutes somewhere.

Stretch do us all a favor and STFU. Your fucking Mavs are a joke and your team's championship window is completely closed. They CHOKED away two golden opportunities the past two seasons and are an embarrassment to the league.

stretch
03-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow not only is stretch a complete dickface to everyone on this board he's also a complete fucking moron.

1.) LEBRON PLAYS IN THE LEASTERN CONFERENCE - his trip to the Finals was a sham and we all saw what happened when he faced the Spurs. They got SWEPT. He and his team had no business being there and everyone knows it.

Smush Parker - was cut from the worst team in the league right now, the Miami Heat
Chris Mihm - hasn't really played in 2 years, ankle injuries, a backup C at best
Luke Walton - has good bball IQ but not one shred of actual talent, can't shoot or defend well at all

Lebron had a very good Center in Big Z, a decent swingman in Larry Hughes, a good young PG rotation in Booby Gibson and Sasha Pavlovich, a great hustle player in Varajaeo. His team has been pretty good and well-rounded, everyone on his team is playing in the NBA and getting major minutes somewhere.

Stretch do us all a favor and STFU. Your fucking Mavs are a joke and your team's championship window is completely closed. They CHOKED away two golden opportunities the past two seasons and are an embarrassment to the league.
Hey Jeff.

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Dazed....no point on wasting anymore time on this subject.

Lebron is great and so is Kobe.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Yup stretch is just doing this to rile people up. I don't think he really believes the tripe he spouts half the time.

stretch
03-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Yup stretch is just doing this to rile people up. I don't think he really believes the tripe he spouts half the time.
Is that so, Jeff?

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 04:31 PM
^^^Wow so original, where do you come up with this shit? Seriously, I mean we've never heard that joke on here before man. I mean you are just ground breaking in your comedy.

2Cleva
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
50 points !?!

That's decent!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
You know, a few weeks ago I was pretty content in giving Lebron my MVP choice, but for whatever reason, after seeing Kobe dismantle the Mavs and then completely take over the fourth quarter against Kings (even if it took an insane amount of FT attempts) I have finally decided that yes, Kobe does deserve MVP.

I just think Kobe has a far higher IQ down the stretch, whereas Lebron takes some horribly ill advised shots.

I think Lebron's decision making has improved, but what Kobe is doing in the west (when the conference is tougher than ever), while garnering just as much attention (if not more) as Lebron on a nightly basis and taking his team to a virtual tie for #1 in the west is really impressive.

JamStone brought up some excellent points about how Lebron's freedom on offense allows him several more opportunities to get points/assists since he gets all these iso plays (wouldn't him and AJ be a match made in heaven? :lol) whereas Kobe has to play within a system.

I also don't think Lebron is as hungry for a championship as much as people might think.

That's right, I said it.

I will never forget his quote where he was asked what his ultimate goal is in the NBA, and he simply answered with "to be a global icon"

I'm not saying he doesn't want a ring, but I think despite all of his talents he is still very young and probably gives in a too much to his own hype, even if his hype is warranted.

This isn't to say Kobe doesn't have an ego either, but there's something about pissing Kobe off than pissing Lebron off.

I don't even think Lebron gets pissed the way Kobe does.

I am far more scared of facing Kobe than Lebron.

You ask any coach in the league who would they rather face in a playoff series, Kobe or Lebron, and I bet you a majority say Lebron. (without factoring in that the lakers are deeper than the cavs)

There isn't a single player in the league who makes more hearts stop in crunch time situations than Kobe.

So does Kobe deserve the MVP based on clutch play alone? No, but I am far more impressed with what he's doing in the west than Lebron is in the east. Lebron may average decent numbers against western teams, but I believe if the western teams saw him 4 times a year instead of twice they would be able to develop a game plan to limit him much more than Kobe.

As a matter of fact, if you asked me who would I rather face, Kobe with the Lakers or Lebron with the Lakers, I would rather have Lebron and the Lakers supporting cast than to face Kobe with the same cast.

stretch
03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
^^^Wow so original, where do you come up with this shit? Seriously, I mean we've never heard that joke on here before man. I mean you are just ground breaking in your comedy.
I'm just saying hi. It's merely a common courtesy.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm just saying hi. It's merely a common courtesy.

Let me return the favor then. Hi DickFace!

stretch
03-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Let me return the favor then. Hi DickFace!
actually, dickface is mono's troll. he has admitted that himself too. nice try fuckstick.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2008, 05:00 PM
can we actually just discuss basketball, instead of trolling back and forth?

thanks

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 05:16 PM

thanks

That's what 20 year old kids do nowadays.

N4th4n
03-06-2008, 05:16 PM

thanks

cockmuncher!!!!

endrity
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't know who summed it up pretty well, I think it was JamStone but I might be wrong. Kobe has more skills than LeBron, and probably because of the way he works that will always be the case when you compare both of their career's at their peak. LeBron however easily compensates for some of Kobe's abilities by having a physical talent that is simply unseen in this league.

If I had to choose an MVP I would take Kobe because he is in a harder conference with a better record. Also, I don't know what more Kobe has to do to get an MVP. To be long considered one of the best, if not the best player in the game, and not have an MVP is ridicolous. He is 30 now I think, so I don't know how many more chances he gets. LeBron will get his, and I know Cavs fans are probably sick of hearing this but it's also very true.

However, when it's all said and done, neither is to me the best player in the game. Ever team made moves to match up with one dude, Tim Duncan. Until the man is healthy, at the top of his game, he remains the one player I would want to win a championship today. In fact history says it pretty clearely, that only MJ could win without a strong front line. This game's best post player will always be consider the best player overall because of the insane advantages it produces in the playoffs. LeBron and Kobe get the hype during the reg season, but once the playoffs come you know every coach is dissecting Spurs' tape to see how Duncan is playing.

E20
03-06-2008, 06:51 PM
It would be nice if you at least compared players with similar offensive abilities.

It's what makes Hakeem a more complete player than Patrick Ewing (even though Ewing was a decent defensive center) or Michael Jordan better than Dominique Wilkins.

Using extreme examples of defenders with subpar offensive skill doesn't apply in a comparison between Kobe and LeBron where each has superior level offensive game. And, when they are similar, defense can be a deciding factor.
Thanks for giving me your 5 quardrilijuiilon megasextillion long response. Alls I said in this thread could be summed up in the following:
Do I think Lebron is better than Kobe now? No
Do I think Lebron will be better than Kobe? Yes
At Lebrons curent age is he better than Kobe at that same age? Yes
Add some sarcasm and some other shit

That last response was primarily a sarcastic retort on how sometimes people focus on one thing too much.

stretch
03-06-2008, 07:19 PM
That's what 20 year old kids do nowadays.
Wow, you really owned me there... :rolleyes

TampaDude
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
He just sank a 30+ footer at the end of the 1st against the Bulls...LeBron is out of his fucking mind...he's only 23, too...crazy... :smokin

TampaDude
03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Damn...he just did it again! LeBron is dropping bombs from way downtown! He's going nuts again...ya gotta love it! :hat

Thunder Dan
03-06-2008, 08:13 PM
those 2 threes were awesome, the one at half and that one just a bit ago

TampaDude
03-06-2008, 08:23 PM
those 2 threes were awesome, the one at half and that one just a bit ago

Did you see him finish at the halftime buzzer? He's on FYYYYYAAAAAHHHHH!!!

SuperFob
03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Lebron looked a lot like Kobe Bryant tonight. I hope this isn't a sign of that 50 point game going to his head.