PDA

View Full Version : You know your team sucks when.....

BillsCarnage
03-05-2008, 10:50 PM
They get picked apart by the Nuggets.. EGADS!!!

Teams just have to rotate on D - not even get the hands up - to throw the Suns out of whack now... PpppffT!

BonnerDynasty
03-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Sunday SUNDAY SUNDAAAYYYYY

BillsCarnage
03-05-2008, 11:02 PM
That will probably be the Suns best match-up since they can't run anymore and have gotten better at the grind out games since the trade. They will probably have lost 2 straight and they're the only team in the NBA that hasn't lost 3 straight.

Kriz-Maxima
03-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Their offense certainly looks...different.

baseline bum
03-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Wow... who would have ever pictured Phoenix and Dallas as the 6 and 7 seeds this late into the season?

Trainwreck2100
03-05-2008, 11:18 PM
ahem....

ludda
03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
whos D is worse? Nuggets or Suns? Hard time deciding..

robbie380
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
god the suns are disgusting to watch. they don't even attempt to play defense. i really hope they miss the playoffs. they are just bad.

Allanon
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Somewhat related, Houston won again tonight so they'll go over the Suns and take the #5 seed and will play a Dirk-less Mavericks tomorrow. Probable 17 wins in a row and only 1 loss away from New Orleans for the #3 spot.

Mavs will recover because they have an easy schedule coming up, but will the Suns?

Sunday is the biggest game of the season for the new look Suns.

DazedAndConfused
03-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I really hope the Suns DO make the playoffs. I want the Lakers to finish #1 and Suns #8 so we can bounce them out of the 1st round this year. Payback is a bitch.

remingtonbo2001
03-05-2008, 11:42 PM
If the Suns would've kept Thomas and Marion, the addition of Hill was more than enough to keep them competitive in the West.

Rediculous.

LakerMagic
03-05-2008, 11:46 PM
I want to see D'Antoni's post game interview :lmao

Findog
03-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Wow... who would have ever pictured Phoenix and Dallas as the 6 and 7 seeds this late into the season?

We'll probably move up. Our schedule is pretty reasonable from here on out. Phoenix has it rough.

ducks
spurs tim duncan and spurs should be up for sunday
they know how bad suns need a w on sunday

BillsCarnage
If the Suns would've kept Thomas and Marion, the addition of Hill was more than enough to keep them competitive in the West.

Rediculous.

Of if they'd at least kept KT and Jones to the trade deadline they may have actually got something in return besides a box of tampons.

But i guess tampons are fitting for these pussies.

DazedAndConfused
03-05-2008, 11:49 PM
^^^Exactly.

You gotta wonder WTF their FO was thinking during the offseason. All the Suns needed to do was find a good backup PG for Nash and a solid bigman to help Amare out defensively. If they didn't sell all those draft picks away they could have drafted a backup PG years ago.

BillsCarnage
03-05-2008, 11:53 PM
The whole Sarver era has been scarred stoopid decisions ever since the JoJo fiasco.

How the fook does a front office manage a franchise and not understand that the salaries aren't determined until the end of the season??? But, Sarver dropped the hammer and wanted them to get under the tax before the season.. It's just baffling how messed up the front office is for the Suns.

Kobulingam
03-05-2008, 11:56 PM
^^^Exactly.

You gotta wonder WTF their FO was thinking during the offseason. All the Suns needed to do was find a good backup PG for Nash and a solid bigman to help Amare out defensively. If they didn't sell all those draft picks away they could have drafted a backup PG years ago.

Keeping KT and then getting Grant hill versus the situation now is very different from a $$$$ point of view.

Compare the total salary under both cases. It isn't even close (remember, they forced Marcus Banks onto Miami Heat).

Sarver saved cash.

BillsCarnage
03-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Keeping KT and then getting Grant hill versus the situation now is very different from a $$$$ point of view.

Compare the total salary under both cases. It isn't even close (remember, they forced Marcus Banks onto Miami Heat).

Sarver saved cash.

But that's the whole point.. They didn't need to make those trades in the off season. They could have waited until the trade deadline and probably received more in return or given up less to move them..

I mean, how the fook does a GM trade KT AND two 1st rnd draft picks for a trade exception that will never be used???? That's a rhetorical question, btw.

m33p0
03-06-2008, 12:57 AM
kevin garnett while keeping marion and thomas for the suns.....

.... all a dream now.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 01:25 AM
What's the point of building a NBA contender if you aren't willing to spend the extra money to put them over the top?

Jeremy
03-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Yeah, Colangelo sold the team at just the wrong time.

TampaDude
03-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I really hope the Suns DO make the playoffs. I want the Lakers to finish #1 and Suns #8 so we can bounce them out of the 1st round this year. Payback is a bitch.

Yeah...the way the Suns are playing right now, they'd get swept by the Lakers.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
whos D is worse? Nuggets or Suns? Hard time deciding..

not even close.

Nuggets are 5th in the NBA in defensive efficiency, Phoenix is 17th. People need to do some research. The D isnt what has killed the Nuggets (except in a a few games , eg the Bulls game lol ) , its the inconsistent offense in many games that has let them down.

batboy
03-06-2008, 10:51 PM
not even close.

Nuggets are 5th in the NBA in defensive efficiency, Phoenix is 17th. People need to do some research. The D isnt what has killed the Nuggets (except in a a few games , eg the Bulls game lol ) , its the inconsistent offense in many games that has let them down.

Denver allows the 5th most points in league, just less than Phoenix. Do some research. You can spin that on a per possession basis if you want, but taking care of the ball on the offensive end and/or getting back are important aspects of an actual defensive team. I can't find per 100 stats right now so I will take your word on 5th.

EDIT: You are absolutely right about 5th in def. eff. I'm thinking translating that into winning ball games is more than just finding the hoop though.

batboy
03-06-2008, 11:17 PM
On further perusal of those efficiency stats you will see that Denver has the same offensive efficiency as the Spurs. I refuse to believe that one or two stops in close games is separating Denver from San Antonio. There are obviously some key intangibles that aren't reflected in those statistics.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-06-2008, 11:30 PM
The Nuggets play an uptempo game and thus give up more points which also translates that they need to score more. The scoring is where the problem is. They don't score efficiently enough.

The Suns on the other hand score very efficiently but their defensive efficiency sucks.

It's tough being in the West coz the Nuggets are 12 games over .500 and yet still out of the playoff picture.

batboy
03-06-2008, 11:34 PM
The Nuggets play an uptempo game and thus give up more points which also translates that they need to score more. The scoring is where the problem is. They don't score efficiently enough.

Believe me, I understand that. But the stats would also lead you to believe that one or two stops makes the Nuggets the Spurs. Something is missing. I am inclined to believe that it is the Spurs running up those efficiency ratings while aggressively resting starters, hence we can turn it up even more in the playoffs or in crunch time of close games.

BTW Iverson has been quietly racking up some assists lately.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeh the Nuggets are definately still quite a way behind the Spurs , thats for sure :lol

They just dont play for 48minutes a night and also they take nights off. The perimeter D is lacking and so is the perimeter offense, unless they get hot like they did vs the Suns :lol

Nuggets win ballgames when AI dishes. They are something like 23-2 when he gets 10+ dimes. He had a monster game last night and should be doing that every night. Of course it is also dependant on his teammates hitting shots