PDA

View Full Version : Who will miss the Playoffs in the West?

ElNono
03-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Barring any injuries, one of these teams will not make the playoffs, even if they have a 40+ wins season.
Who is it gonna be? Also, feel free to use this thread to explain your vote.

ludda
03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Nuggets.

ElNono
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I think it's going to be Phoenix. They refuse to play defense, still think they can outscore everybody, and since the trade their offense has been terrible.

The Franchise
03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Nuggets.
I second that.

Allanon
03-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Nuggets.

I third that.

mavsfan1000
03-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Rockets

BillsCarnage
03-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Unless the Suns git their shit together in the next 5-7 games they won't make the PO's. Book it.

Findog
03-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Nuggets. Just look at the remaining schedules for all teams. Phoenix would be my second choice, what they have left is just brutal.

ElNono
03-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Utah needs to be careful. They need to start winning on the road. If Denver makes a good run in the next 20 or so games left, they could take the 1st place in the division, and switch places in the standings.

Flopper
03-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Dallas

I H8 Mavs Fans
03-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Dallas

Indazone
03-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Mavericks

Amarelooms
Dallas

Houston :elephant

Amarelooms
Mavericks

Houston...oh btw...eat shit and die :elephant

Findog
03-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Dallas

Hi Jeff.

Findog
03-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Dallas

Uh, don't think so:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=dal

Findog
03-06-2008, 12:33 AM
I got a better poll question: Will all of these Rockets trolls* stick around after March? Or when Tracy once again fails to pop his second-round cherry?

*With apologies to Matchman and Roxfan.

BUMP
03-06-2008, 12:35 AM
:lol at the one guy who voted San Antonio

Flopper
03-06-2008, 12:36 AM

Flopper
03-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Is this the pony's forum or thread?

Findog
03-06-2008, 12:37 AM

No, it's the "Will TMac pop his second-round cherry" forum.

Amarelooms
03-06-2008, 12:38 AM

Mavs >>>>>>>>>>> Rockets ever since Hakeem left....just a fact...i know it's hard to accept but it's true :elephant

Flopper
03-06-2008, 12:39 AM
No, it's the "Will TMac pop his second-round cherry" forum.

awesome, I hope he does pop the second-round cherry.

Findog
03-06-2008, 12:40 AM
awesome, I hope he does pop the second-round cherry.

And I hope the Mavs win a title, but neither one of us are getting what we want.

At least Dirk won't cry like a bitch when his team goes fishing.

Indazone
03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey I still want the Spurs to do well. The Mavs can just roll up and die! Take your pansy team when ya lose in the first round and claim that whoever beats you used proprietary information.

:lmao

DaDakota
03-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Mavs >>>>>>>>>>> Rockets ever since Hakeem left....just a fact...i know it's hard to accept but it's true :elephant

Yeah, you can tell that this year by looking at the standings and seeing the Rockets a couple of games up on the Mavs....

But I guess the records don't count, right?

DD

Findog
03-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Hey I still want the Spurs to do well. The Mavs can just roll up and die! Take your pansy team when ya lose in the first round and claim that whoever beats you used proprietary information.

Rockets fans know all about the season ending in the first round.

Findog
03-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Yeah, you can tell that this year by looking at the standings and seeing the Rockets a couple of games up on the Mavs....

But I guess the records don't count, right?

DD

Mavs 3, Rockets 0. And here's an idea: If the Rockets finish the season behind the Mavs in the standings, you don't post here anymore. Of course, I fully expect our new friends the Rockets trolls to cream their jeans when they beat us without Dirk tomorrow night.

m33p0
03-06-2008, 01:08 AM
yurp.... its them nuggets.

Flopper
03-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Rockets fans know all about the season ending in the first round.

Yeah, we also know how it feels to win a couple of NBA Championships; even though it was over a decade ago, but hey, at least we felt it.

So how does it make you feel, that is the season ending in the first round?

Findog
03-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah, we also know how it feels to win a couple of NBA Championships; even though it was over a decade ago, but hey, at least we felt it.

Maybe we can get some SuperSonics fans in here to tell us all about Gus Williams, Freddy Brown, Jack Sikma and the 1979 NBA Champions. And while we're at it, maybe Fillmoe and Kingsfan can tell us about the pride they take in the 1953 NBA Champion Rochester Royals, led by star guard Bob Davies. Maybe Tippacanoe and bostonguy can tell us some stories about the 86 Celtics or those great Bill Russell squads from back in the day.

Get the fuck out of here with title smack. That's fucking lame. Were you even alive in 1995? Only Spurs and Pistons fans have the right to resort to title smack. If you didn't witness it, or if that title team isn't still together, then shut the fuck about it.

So how does it make you feel, that is the season ending in the first round?

Well, if we're lucky, we'll draw the Rockets, in which case we can start printing up tickets for the semifinals. Dallas pitches and Houston catches in that relationship. Bend over and lube up if we meet in May, and be grateful that Dirk is going to be sitting at home in Highland Park tomorrow night.

Flopper
03-06-2008, 01:27 AM

Maybe we can get some SuperSonics fans in here to tell us all about Gus Williams, Freddy Brown, Jack Sikma and the 1979 NBA Champions. And while we're at it, maybe Fillmoe and Kingsfan can tell us about the pride they take in the 1953 NBA Champion Rochester Royals, led by star guard Bob Davies. Maybe Tippacanoe and bostonguy can tell us some stories about the 86 Celtics or those great Bill Russell squads from back in the day.

Get the fuck out of here with title smack. That's fucking lame. Were you even alive in 1995? Only Spurs and Pistons fans have the right to resort to title smack. If you didn't witness it, or if that title team isn't still together, then shut the fuck about it.

Well, if we're lucky, we'll draw the Rockets, in which case we can start printing up tickets for the semifinals. Dallas pitches and Houston catches in that relationship. Bend over and lube up if we meet in May, and be grateful that Dirk is going to be sitting at home in Highland Park tomorrow night.

I'm truly laughing here...yes, I sure am.

You might want to get use to what happened in last season's playoffs. But don't worry, you won't get bent over and lubed up and ganged bang by GSW again this year.

Findog
03-06-2008, 01:29 AM

I'm truly laughing here...yes, I sure am.

You might want to get use to what happened in last season's playoffs. But don't worry, you won't get bent over and lubed up and ganged bang by GSW again this year.

The Mavs would beat Golden State if they met again. A healthy Dampier and a healthy Dirk would make all the difference in a rematch. Look at what a healthy Dirk has done to the Warriors this year.

Flopper
03-06-2008, 01:39 AM
The Mavs would beat Golden State if they met again. A healthy Dampier and a healthy Dirk would make all the difference in a rematch. Look at what a healthy Dirk has done to the Warriors this year.

Well that's good to read that the mavs can beat GSW with a healthy dampress and dirk; really it's good to read that. It's just too bad they won't have the chance to meet GSW in the playoffs.

Don't worry, the Warriors, Hornets, and Rockets will save mavs a spot on the fishing boat.

Findog
03-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Well that's good to read that the mavs can beat GSW with a healthy dampress and dirk; really it's good to read that. It's just too bad they won't have the chance to meet GSW in the playoffs.

Fine by me, I'd rather play the Suns, Spurs, Rockets and Hornets over the Warriors, Lakers and Jazz.

Don't worry, the Warriors, Hornets, and Rockets will save mavs a spot on the fishing boat.

Make room on that raft for the Suns and Nuggets.

mikejones99
03-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Golden State is in trouble.

Indazone
03-06-2008, 04:02 AM
LOL Truely some exceptional trash talking going on here. Keep up the good work :clap

Allanon
03-06-2008, 04:35 AM
Golden State, Rockets, Mavs, Lakers have easy remaining schedules.

Nuggets, Suns, Hornets, Spurs have the hardest remaining schedules

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Nuggets will be in 8th spot by Sunday night :smokin

SAGambler
03-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Suns....A good high school team would get 120 plus on them.. They have no defense whatsoever.....

Unless they can trade Shaq back to Miami for Marion, they are going to be on the outside looking in.

DaDakota
03-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Mavs 3, Rockets 0. And here's an idea: If the Rockets finish the season behind the Mavs in the standings, you don't post here anymore. Of course, I fully expect our new friends the Rockets trolls to cream their jeans when they beat us without Dirk tomorrow night.

You want to take that bet? If the Rockets finish ahead of the Mavs you leave, and if the Mavs finish ahead of the Rockets, I leave.

You that confident, tough guy? Or do you want to just shut your trap and enjoy rooting for your team?

As for schedules, look at Phoenix schedule it is the hardest I have ever seen.

DD

endrity
03-06-2008, 09:23 AM
^Take it Findog, we have an easy schedule from here on out.

DaDakota
03-06-2008, 09:25 AM
^Take it Findog, we have an easy schedule from here on out.

I would rather Skank take it, as the board would be a better place for everyone without that guy around.

DD

RonMexico
03-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I voted for the Suns.

Not like Marion was going to win them a title, but these showings are pathetic.

ratm1221
03-06-2008, 09:46 AM
You want to take that bet? If the Rockets finish ahead of the Mavs you leave, and if the Mavs finish ahead of the Rockets, I leave.

You that confident, tough guy? Or do you want to just shut your trap and enjoy rooting for your team?

As for schedules, look at Phoenix schedule it is the hardest I have ever seen.

DD

Houston Schedule:

March 6 - Dallas - Loss
March 8 - New Orleans - Loss
March 16 - Lakers - Loss
March 18 - Boston - Loss
March 19 - New Orleans - Loss
March 21 - Golden State - Loss
March 24 - Kings - Loss
March 30 - Spurs - Loss
April 1 - Kings - Loss
April 13 - Denver - Loss
April 14 - Utah - Loss

monosylab1k
03-06-2008, 09:48 AM
:lmao almost everybody that voted Mavericks were rocket trolls

DaDakota
03-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I voted for the Mavs, but I really think it is the Suns.....

DD

monosylab1k
03-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I voted for the Mavs, but I really think it is the Suns.....

DD
exactly

DaDakota
03-06-2008, 10:19 AM
exactly
But it could be the Mavs...one can always hope.

:D

DD

Flopper
03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
But it could be the Mavs...one can always hope.

:D

DD

one doesn't have to hope.

Findog
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
:lmao almost everybody that voted Mavericks were rocket trolls

Can you blame them? Mavs: Rockets as Warriors: Mavs.

Findog
03-06-2008, 02:01 PM
one doesn't have to hope.

Uh, in this case you do. We may not get a great seed, but if we're not decimated by injuries, we're getting in. Just check the schedule.

Xylus
03-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I'll stick with Denver, in the hopes that my team can pull it together. That might be an overly optimistic view, but I just can't imagine Phoenix not making it into the playoffs with the amount of talent they have.

DaDakota
03-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Uh, in this case you do. We may not get a great seed, but if we're not decimated by injuries, we're getting in. Just check the schedule.

You gonna take that bet Findog, or just keep ducking and running?

DD

DaDakota
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM
You gonna take that bet Findog, or just keep ducking and running?

Or take the Sig bet for the game tonight, whomever wins gets the other guys sig for 30 days...

Deal, or cower in the corner?

DD

Findog
03-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Based on our remaining schedule, worst-case scenario we finish 47-35 and out of the playoffs. Best-case scenario, we finish 56-26 and grab a top-four seed.

If you split the difference, we finish around 52-30 with the sixth seed.

manufor3
03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
rockets

DaDakota
03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
The Rockets would only need to go 10 and 12 over the last 22 games to reach 50 wins, I doubt any team that gets to 50 wins will not be in....

If so, that would be amazing.

DD

JMarkJohns
03-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Suns. Then they watch in horror as their 2008 1st, which was traded to Seattle to get rid of Thomas, becomes the right to select Beasley #1 overall... but they have Shaq and a fair consolation prize in the Atlanta pick.

I have no idea if the 2008 1st has protection on it. I pray it does, but Kerr was too knew, D'Antoni too incompetent, and Sarver too busy rolling in the money saved from shipping Thomas' fat contract out of town for either to make sure a fail safe was thrown in, so I fully expect Seattle to net two lottery selections out of that trade from Phoenix.

The Franchise
03-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Houston Schedule:

March 6 - Dallas - spank that ass
March 8 - New Orleans
March 16 - Lakers
March 18 - Boston
March 19 - New Orleans
March 21 - Golden State
March 24 - Kings
March 30 - Spurs
April 1 - Kings
April 13 - Denver
April 14 - Utah
That's better. :p:

Hemotivo
03-07-2008, 06:12 PM
mavs

ratm1221
03-07-2008, 06:17 PM
mavs

Houston misses the playoff's because their fans suck a fat one.

himat
03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
1. GSW
2. Denver
3. Phoenix
4. Rockets
5. Jazz
6. Mavs
7. Hornets
8. SA
9. LA

Indazone
03-07-2008, 07:26 PM
After last nights game who would want to bet on the Mav's to make the playoffs? LOL

mavs>spurs2
03-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Mavs will make the playoffs..

Allanon
03-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Mavs will be safe for a week and a half:

Sat, Mar 8 New Jersey
Mon, Mar 10 NY Knicks
Wed, Mar 12 Charlotte
Fri, Mar 14 Indiana
Sun, Mar 16 @ Miami

If they somehow manage to suck during THAT stretch, bye-bye Mavs.

Findog
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
They'll be safe for a week and a half:

Sat, Mar 8 New Jersey
Mon, Mar 10 NY Knicks
Wed, Mar 12 Charlotte
Fri, Mar 14 Indiana
Sun, Mar 16 @ Miami

If they suck during THAT stretch, bye-bye Mavs.

The Mavs need to sit Howard down and get him completely healthy, because he's actually hurting us by playing. The next 5 games are a good time to do that.

Radiosparks
03-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Suns. However, if the Mavs play like they did last night, they are done.

timvp
03-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Houston either misses the playoffs or finishes as a top four seed. Haven't figured which way I'm leaning. I'm thinking it'll be between Houston and Denver missing the playoffs. Denver usually finishes regular seasons strongly ... but it's hard to knock a 17 game winning streak.

I can't imagine Phoenix or Dallas not making the playoffs. They have too much talent.

timvp
03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Oh and I wouldn't say the Lakers have a 100% chance of making the playoffs. They were looking good last year too before crumbling. It's highly unlikely and there's probably a better chance that they win the championship ... but I still think there's a chance. With Kobe as your franchise, your team isn't exactly the most emotionally stable team in the NBA.

Findog
03-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Houston either misses the playoffs or finishes as a top four seed. Haven't figured which way I'm leaning. I'm thinking it'll be between Houston and Denver missing the playoffs. Denver usually finishes regular seasons strongly ... but it's hard to knock a 17 game winning streak.

I can't imagine Phoenix or Dallas not making the playoffs. They have too much talent.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2300138

Not that the Spurs need to worry about making the playoffs, or who they have yet to play, but based on this, what do you think? I think Portland has faded. It's basically musical chairs, there's 9 teams and 8 spots. Phoenix has beaten the bad teams this year and lost to the good ones. New Orleans could fade with their brutal schedule left. I'd like to think that we'll make it with what we have left, but last night's game was simply unacceptable. Dirk would've made a difference, but not a twenty point difference.

timvp
03-07-2008, 08:58 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2300138

Not that the Spurs need to worry about making the playoffs, or who they have yet to play, but based on this, what do you think? I think Portland has faded. It's basically musical chairs, there's 9 teams and 8 spots. Phoenix has beaten the bad teams this year and lost to the good ones. New Orleans could fade with their brutal schedule left. I'd like to think that we'll make it with what we have left, but last night's game was simply unacceptable. Dirk would've made a difference, but not a twenty point difference.Denver is the easy choice but George Karl's team always seem to peak at the end of the regular season. He likes tinkering until the middle of March and then when he stops tinkering, his teams almost always make a late push.

The two teams that I really don't see missing the playoffs are the Spurs and the Mavs. AJ is trying to copy Pop's M.O. of not pushing his team until later in the season. I'm not sure it'll be effective but unless Dirk goes down, they won't fall out of the playoffs.

My ranking of teams most likely to miss the playoffs to teams must likely to make the playoffs is:

1. Houston - The Rockets may win 20+ in a row but I'm just not convinced that a TMac based team won't fade at the end of the season.

2. Denver - One of these years the Nuggets are going to tune Karl out. It's happened everywhere else . . .

3. Golden State - Pretty good team but built on a shaky foundation.

4. Utah - They're pretty horrible on the road and not too long ago they were on the outside of the playoff picture.

5. New Orleans - Tough schedule and inexperienced team.

6. LA Lakers - If Kobe wakes up tomorrow and rapes someone or is unhappy for whatever reason and Bynum doesn't come back, they could start spiraling.

7. Phoenix - They suck now but they have too many good regular season players. Steve Nash is a regular season king. D'Antoni knows how to win regular season games. They've hit rock bottom right now and can only go up.

8. Dallas - No way in hell they miss the playoffs with a healthy Dirk. They are struggling now but that's to expected when you go from an isolation team to a team that is run by the most non-isolation player on the planet in Jason Kidd.

9. San Antonio - Barring injury the Spurs should be fine. I could see them dropping to a fifth or sixth seed just because the conference is so tough but something would have to go majorly wrong to drop all the way out.

Findog
03-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Denver is the easy choice but George Karl's team always seem to peak at the end of the regular season. He likes tinkering until the middle of March and then when he stops tinkering, his teams almost always make a late push.

The two teams that I really don't see missing the playoffs are the Spurs and the Mavs. AJ is trying to copy Pop's M.O. of not pushing his team until later in the season. I'm not sure it'll be effective but unless Dirk goes down, they won't fall out of the playoffs.

My ranking of teams most likely to miss the playoffs to teams must likely to make the playoffs is:

1. Houston - The Rockets may win 20+ in a row but I'm just not convinced that a TMac based team won't fade at the end of the season.

2. Denver - One of these years the Nuggets are going to tune Karl out. It's happened everywhere else . . .

3. Golden State - Pretty good team but built on a shaky foundation.

4. Utah - They're pretty horrible on the road and not too long ago they were on the outside of the playoff picture.

5. New Orleans - Tough schedule and inexperienced team.

6. LA Lakers - If Kobe wakes up tomorrow and rapes someone or is unhappy for whatever reason and Bynum doesn't come back, they could start spiraling.

7. Phoenix - They suck now but they have too many good regular season players. Steve Nash is a regular season king. D'Antoni knows how to win regular season games. They've hit rock bottom right now and can only go up.

8. Dallas - No way in hell they miss the playoffs with a healthy Dirk. They are struggling now but that's to expected when you go from an isolation team to a team that is run by the most non-isolation player on the planet in Jason Kidd.

9. San Antonio - Barring injury the Spurs should be fine. I could see them dropping to a fifth or sixth seed just because the conference is so tough but something would have to go majorly wrong to drop all the way out.

I hope your respect, if not admiration, for us is justified.

The Mavs aren't losing because the Kidd trade was a fatal mistake. Chris Paul hung 25 and 16 on Devin Harris tonight. He hung 33 and 12 on Devin back in December when Devin was wearing blue and white. Deron Williams put 17 and 20 assists on us on Monday, but he got 41 points on Devin in December. And I notice DeSagana Diop could only get 11 minutes of burn when the Hornets have Tyson Chandler (an offensive threat with Paul feeding him) and David West.

We're losing because Josh Howard is A) not 100% because of a back injury and B) dealing with some personal shit off the court. His performance has gotten so bad that most of the people around the team feel Dallas is better off shutting him down so he can get right physically and mentally because he's hurting his team by playing. That's taking into account that Dallas needs to start getting some W's and putting some distance between themselves and the Warriors/Nuggets. They made that trade thinking they were getting a "Big Three" of Dirk, Howard and Kidd, but right now they're only a two-man team. And with Howard playing the worst ball of his five-year career, they gave the Lakers and Spurs everything they could handle on the road.

We laid a giant turd last night against Houston, but we're better than that. I'm certainly not going to lay money that we'll go on to win a title, but this team isn't going out meekly.

Allanon
03-08-2008, 02:53 AM
TimVP

Although you made some points, I have to disagree on your ranking on the Lakers and Houston.

Lakers will not miss the Playoffs, even with Kobe out. Pau, Odom, Bynum, Fisher and Luke are still a team that will win most games. Add to that, their remaining schedule is relatively light.

Houston not only will make the Playoffs, they will be no less than a #6 seed.

Most likely to miss Playoffs:
1) New Orleans...they haven't faced much adversity this year. Now David West is out for a bit, they'll slide because things are going to get tough in their schedule now.
2) Phoenix...they're not a bad team, they have a killer schedule
3) Utah...they have some really horrible nights..
4) Warriors...they are lethal some nights and terrible another. This is the the 8th seed team nobody wants to play in the 1st round.

Mavericks have a shot at getting a top #3-#4 seed with Spurs #5. I know it sounds crazy but the Mavs schedule is really going to soften up now...they should win the next 5 games and start gelling.

JamStone
03-08-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm starting to seriously believe that it could be the Suns that miss out.

jian9417
03-08-2008, 03:36 AM
No matter whether the Mavs could make the playoffs or not, the window of title for them is closing. they are done!
Because of the winning streak+the young core+the system+the balanced offence and defence, i can see Rockets dominate Mavs from now on.
yesterday's game is the signal of the tide.
i vote Mavs --the most laughable team in league

ElNono
03-08-2008, 10:03 AM
As much as I enjoy your writing no reason that add " Kobe wakes up tomorrow and rapes someone" we don't know if he raped the girl, and I dont' want to speculate on what happended behind closed doors because I have no idea; but to say that he might do it again is pretty lame..even if that was a joke it was a pretty bad one!

If you don't want to speculate that's fine. What is lame is you telling people what to do.

I think timvp is pretty much spot on, but I disagree with Houston. I think they're like the Phoenix Suns of years past. Playing up tempo, blowing teams by 20+ points, in a good groove... they just got nothing for the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
03-08-2008, 11:35 AM
No matter whether the Mavs could make the playoffs or not, the window of title for them is closing. they are done!
Because of the winning streak+the young core+the system+the balanced offence and defence, i can see Rockets dominate Mavs from now on.
i vote Mavs --the most laughable team in league
Hi Jeff

himat
03-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Lakers are the #1 seed right now, while the Suns and Mavs are 6 and 7. The Lakers will make the playoffs.

DaDakota
03-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I think timvp is pretty much spot on, but I disagree with Houston. I think they're like the Phoenix Suns of years past. Playing up tempo, blowing teams by 20+ points, in a good groove... they just got nothing for the playoffs.

Yes, but the Suns were one Amare leaving the bench away from winning it all with that style just last year.

I tend to agree though that Houston will not win this year, but they are building tons of momentum for next year.

DD

The Franchise
03-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Yes, but the Suns were one Amare leaving the bench away from winning it all with that style just last year.

I tend to agree though that Houston will not win this year, but they are building tons of momentum for next year.

DD
I won't say we can't win until our season is finished. As long as we're playing we have a chance like anyone else. A slim chance but a chance none the less. :smokin

Findog
03-08-2008, 01:41 PM

:lol

Findog
03-08-2008, 01:41 PM

Biggest Myth Ever.

ElNono
03-08-2008, 04:40 PM
How I am telling people to speculate dumbass? I said it's a pretty lame to comment "if kobe decides to rape again!" Genius we have no idea if Kobe raped the girl he was with. Ok, lets say he did for arguments sake..you think at this point in his life while going for a title he is even thinking about fucking another women, let alone raping her with all the shit that has happened to him? Damn you are stupid!

You are telling timvp not to speculate whether Kobe will do it again or not. I actually think he is still bagging groupies out there. He might just not do it with some unknown bitch anymore, that's all.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2008, 06:30 AM
How I am telling people to speculate dumbass? I said it's a pretty lame to comment "if kobe decides to rape again!" Genius we have no idea if Kobe raped the girl he was with. Ok, lets say he did for arguments sake..you think at this point in his life while going for a title he is even thinking about fucking another women, let alone raping her with all the shit that has happened to him? Damn you are stupid!
Kobe was away from his wife for one night and ended up nailing some skank he didn't know in the ass in his hotel room, and there is ample evidence to suggest it was less than consensual. When your championship hopes hang on the decisions of someone with that track record, it's a valid observation, whether Kobe was legally guilty or not.

spurms
03-09-2008, 06:40 AM
The Rockets would only need to go 10 and 12 over the last 22 games to reach 50 wins, I doubt any team that gets to 50 wins will not be in....

If so, that would be amazing.

DD

that bet isn't fair, if findog lose he stop posting here, delete his account, if you lose you have to delete ur account at clutchfans.net :rolleyes

spurms
03-09-2008, 06:42 AM

No that's the scary thing because the woman raped him(i can see this happening to kobe!), then set him up, very clear that kobe was the rape victim.

DaDakota
03-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Biggest Myth Ever.

How is it a myth? The Suns were winning the series, had homecourt and dang near won the game in Phoenix without him.

It is only a myth by people afraid to acknowledge the truth.

It doesn't diminish the championship, it is just an interesting tidbit into how they got there.

Much like during the Rockets first championship, Denver knocked out Seattle for us, giving us the number 1 seed and allowing the Rockets to avoid a team that had been owning them for years.

Big deal.

DD

Obstructed_View
03-09-2008, 01:46 PM
How is it a myth? The Suns were winning the series,
Wrong. They were down 2-1. Horry's foul sealed the win for the Suns, allowing them to tie the series.

had homecourt
Not after they lost game 1.

and dang near won the game in Phoenix without him.
And the Spurs won the game without Horry, and went on to win the next game as well.

It is only a myth by people afraid to acknowledge the truth.
The truth is aside from the 12-1 run they went on to win game 4, the Suns have nothing legitimate to hang their hats on. They instead look for moral victories and someone to blame, be it officials, the commissioner or dirty cheating opponents. Amare and Boris took themselves out of that series the second they ran on the court. There's nobody to blame but themselves.

It doesn't diminish the championship, it is just an interesting tidbit into how they got there.
That's the first thing you've said that I agree with, even though it really isn't all that interesting.

Texas_Ranger
03-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Denver.

Findog
03-09-2008, 01:53 PM
The Spurs went 3-2 against the Suns in games in which Amare and Boris were available. I would certainly agree that having those two guys available increases Phoenix's chances of winning Game 5 and a hypothetical Game 7, but the Spurs were winning the series when those two guys did play.

If the Suns were a title team, they would've won Game 6 when facing elimination. They already won once at the AT&T Center. Saying the suspensions cost the Suns a title ignores the fact that the Spurs had X's and O's advantages over Phoenix and had owned them for several years. And given that they were up against a poised, veteran team like the Spurs, it doesn't auger well for their chances in a Game 7 winner take all when Amare and Boris lost sight of a rule that every player and coach has drilled into them repeatedly. The Mavs put themselves in a similar situation when Jason Terry was suspended and they ended up having to win a game in San Antonio to continue their season. They did that, unlike Phoenix.

bobbyjoe
03-09-2008, 04:11 PM
That's a load of crap.

The Suns were forced into playing Nash, Marion, etc huge minutes (I think both went 48) in Game 5 due to the bogus suspensions. Of course it had a ripple effect into Game 6.

Even if "the Spurs went 3-2" against the Suns in games with Amare and Boris, 3 of those 5 games were played in SA, even though given that Phoenix earned the homecourt advantage through a better record, the Suns are the team that should have had the majority of the games in their homecourt. The BS suspensions effectively took homecourt from the team that earned it and gave it to the team which didnt deserve it.

The bottomline is after the Suns took back HCA in Game 4, they had momentum on their side and were done in by a dirty cheapshot and a ridiculous ruling by David Stern. They were certainly favored to win the series if not for the mele.

Let's also remember that the Spurs caught a huge break in Game 1 with Nash's bloody nose down the stretch. They had NOT outplayed the Suns in anyway going into Game 5.

JMarkJohns
03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Add insult to incompetence, if the Suns miss the playoffs, their lottery pick will still end up in Seattle as neither of the traded 1sts had protection on them.

I can't even believe that these levels of lunacy are even possible, let alone that the Suns seemingly have three who have achieved such working within their organization. Thanks Sarver for being a cheap ass owner more concerned about money than winning. Thanks D'Antoni for failing to develop young talent, therefore relegating 1st-rounder as unnecessary, except for lining Sarver's already fat wallet. Thanks Kerr for not having a backbone enough to stand up to your cheap owner and willfully ignorant/inept coach and letting them walk all over you this past offseason.

Just a whole hell of a lot of thanks for putting the nail in the coffin of not just the Suns present, but also it's future.