PDA

View Full Version : Got a ticket...need suggestions...

fraga
03-06-2008, 11:59 AM
So...going back to work from lunch...there's this 3-way stop sign on Stone Oak Pkwy where basically no one stops at. Of course, I'm coming down, I'm on the outter right lane, there's a truck on my left side. He kinda stops before me...as he's leaving...I basically roll through the stop sign using him as a blocker...and proceed to haul ass up the hill. Well...several blocks down the road...I'm at a Red Light...and I see a bike cop rolling up on me...I'm thinking dammit...he got me for speeding...but nope...just the "Failure to make a complete stop"...

So...I haven't gotten a ticket in forever...what are my options here...can I get rid of it with "Defensive Driving"...I done forgot...

stretch
03-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Defensive driving, or deferred.

sa_butta
03-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Did that cop travel several blocks uphill to catch you, or did another cop radio him to stop you??

Taco
03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
TAKE A:sleep DEFENSIVE :sleep :sleep DRIVING CLASS :sleep THAT WILL KEEP IT OFF YOUR DRIVING RECORD

sa_butta
03-06-2008, 12:04 PM
dont they still have comedy defensive driving with free pizza for lunch. Total waste of time and money, but if it gets it off your record.

angel_luv
03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
dont they still have comedy defensive driving with free pizza for lunch. Total waste of time and money, but if it gets it off your record.

Also, if you take a defensive driving course a lot of times you get a slight discount on your insurance.

fatsack
03-06-2008, 12:13 PM
you can even rent the defensive driving course from blockbuster.

mrsmaalox
03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Do it online while eating pizza and drinking beer in your underwear! Oh and I drive Stone Oak daily and I've never seen a stop that no one ever stops at!! :lol

Mijo
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
TAKE A DEFENSIVE DRIVING CLASS THAT WILL KEEP IT OFF YOUR DRIVING RECORD Defensive driving will not keep it off your record. Your record will still list the offense with a footnote attached stating that you completed a defensive driving course. Ask for deferred ajudication. So long as you complete your probation period it'll be like nothing ever happened. Previously I had originally asked for defensive driving for a speeding ticket and then a few days later returned to traffic court and opted to change my plea to deferred ajudication and it was actually cheaper.

2Blonde
03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Do it online while eating pizza and drinking beer in your underwear! Oh and I drive Stone Oak daily and I've never seen a stop that no one ever stops at!! :lol
I don't think he meant that nobody stops at it, just that everyone makes rolling stops rather than complete stops. He must be talking about the stop sign that is just north of the Stone Oak Pkwy/ Knights Cross light. In the seven years I lived in Stone Oak, I rarely saw anyone make a full and complete stop.

ZStomp
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I took a defensive driving class online...it wasn't bad. You take it at your pace. Anytime. Anywhere.

timvp
03-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Once a bike cop tried to pull me over.

I just kept driving.

florige
03-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Once a bike cop tried to pull me over.

I just kept driving.

You should be lucky he didn't get a glimpse of your tags.... :lol

Clandestino
03-06-2008, 09:02 PM
hire a lawyer for the price of the ticket. it saves you 6 hrs sitting in front of your computer or in a boring ass class. it is totally wiped off your record and you can pay with a cc over the phone. super, super easy.

fraga
03-07-2008, 09:37 AM
So many choices...so many options...what to do...what to do...