PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Finals: Spurs vs Boston

tmtcsc
03-06-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't care how we get to this match-up but I sincerely hope that the Spurs will face Boston in the Finals. We can finish them off here at home in the middle 3 games.

The hype is sick. Those guys need to be shut up just like we shut up the King Lebron nonsense. The Lakers and Boston are media darlings but the Spurs seem to have a way of making critics look foolish.

I say we finish off Boston in 5.

ancestron
03-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah. It would be great to see the Spurs ruin the Boston three party.
If Spurs-Pistons II doesn't happen then I hope it's Boston.

midgetonadonkey
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Great thread.

dbreiden83080
03-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Boston is a big market, KG and all the ratings for that would probably be pretty good. At least good enough that everyone won't be whining about them again although NBA ratings in general suck these days. Boston looks like the best in the east but who knows how it will shake down come playoff time. This is a last stand for the Pistons, do or die for them. Will they fade away in the playoff again or step up and get back to the finals???

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I gotta admit BOS looks scary good right now. Cassell off the bench along with Brown, my God they are gonna be a handful.

spursfaninla
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Don't know how much the Alien has in the tank.

Asking for Boston is bravado, but they have not been as dominant lately as earlier in the year. They are still beating teams by around 10 points a game, which is very good, but Spurs teams have been better than that in the recent past and I think this years team, when peaking, is better than the Spurs teams from the past few years.

This year should be the biggest test for the Spurs yet:
The first championship (99)was not hard at all, we steamrolled in the playoffs.
The second title in 03 beat the 3peat lakers, that was big.

The Third title in 05 the Pistons trying to repeat, and came down to the wire.

The Forth in 07 was probably the 2nd easiest title, looking back at it. We didn't play anyone that really tested us; Phoenix didn't have the mental toughness to do it (although Nash did, but he could not make up for the negative influence of his fool team mates).

This year, just getting out of the 2nd round will be tough. Then the wcf and the finals will be VERY tough. I think this Lakers team and the spurs have a lock on the wcf, although not as tightly as det/bos....

GREAT, GREAT basketball to look forward to in the playoffs.

Galileo
03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Don't know how much the Alien has in the tank.

Asking for Boston is bravado, but they have not been as dominant lately as earlier in the year. They are still beating teams by around 10 points a game, which is very good, but Spurs teams have been better than that in the recent past and I think this years team, when peaking, is better than the Spurs teams from the past few years.

This year should be the biggest test for the Spurs yet:
The first championship (99)was not hard at all, we steamrolled in the playoffs.
The second title in 03 beat the 3peat lakers, that was big.

The Third title in 05 the Pistons trying to repeat, and came down to the wire.

The Forth in 07 was probably the 2nd easiest title, looking back at it. We didn't play anyone that really tested us; Phoenix didn't have the mental toughness to do it (although Nash did, but he could not make up for the negative influence of his fool team mates).

This year, just getting out of the 2nd round will be tough. Then the wcf and the finals will be VERY tough. I think this Lakers team and the spurs have a lock on the wcf, although not as tightly as det/bos....

GREAT, GREAT basketball to look forward to in the playoffs.

'05 was the only tough one, as Duncan was playing injured. Duncan wasn't 100% in '04 or '06 either.

He is 100% now. We win. And I'd like to see Boston.

dg7md
03-06-2008, 07:28 PM
This definitely isn't premature or anything.

I say we finish off Boston in 5.

:drunk