PDA

View Full Version : Who here in spurstalk actually played/plays basketball?

Kamnik
03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Out of curiosity...

I play since i was 10 years old or something. Now I'm 23 so i spent a good share of my years playing.

Mostly with friends but I played for a local club for a few years. I was C or a PF at the time. (pissed me off because i was a decent 3pt shooter :lol )

Currently my knee is banged up so i dont play-being careful.
:rolleyes

But i think i am going to play my whole life as other sports dont interest me that much...

FromWayDowntown
03-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I've never even seen basketball!!

ClingingMars
03-06-2008, 06:06 PM
played football, not basketball :P

-Mars

polandprzem
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
me

yes

past

boutons_
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I played in HS.

Thinking about getting into recreational league in a few weeks.

remingtonbo2001
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Played some in Middle School and High School.

Don't play too often, but wouldn't mind joining a men's group/league.

Anyways....

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2008, 06:13 PM
I play

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Played a ton as a kid, and was pretty decent for my age at 12-13

I miss it terribly.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I've played since I was 8 years old until I was 22, for different clubs, high school and also my university. I'm a SF/undersized PF, kinda like Nocioni. Not the most talented but a bruiser, good defender and team player.

Nowadays I only play with my friends on weekends just for fun.

Findog
03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Played in middle school and high school, and I try to play at the Y and in rec leagues when I kid. I'm alright

urunobili
03-06-2008, 06:20 PM
in school... we were state champions... i was so bad I never left the bench during the whole tournament and the final was such a blowout that the coach let me in with a couple of minutes left... i missed my two free throws after that!

nowadays i play pick up games with colleagues from the office and i think i am a better player but my J still sucks... love to take pride on D like Bowen does... that's why they always invite me... i give them the opposite team perimeter players a hard time to score

Kamnik
03-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Played a ton as a kid, and was pretty decent for my age at 12-13

I miss it terribly.

I was kind of annoyed with all the practices when i was playing for a club but after i stopped (because of my knees&shitty club) i missed it a lot. And still do...

Especially games, where things are at stakes. It is nice to play with friends but many arent serious enough for my taste. I dont like run n' gun.

Joe Schmoogins
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I've played ever since I can remember. I LOVE it... If anyone on this forum wants to get schooled... HOLLA!

thiste
03-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I played in a club a few years ago, now I play with friends on weekends. We play pretty serious too so it's fun enough. I'm a true C.

m33p0
03-06-2008, 06:42 PM
played. scratch that. call me "semi-retired" ala KVH. been months since i last played. also got both my ankles busted. thanks, basketball.

sandman
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Played from Middle School through College, although only had about 2 full years in college because of 2 knee surgeries. Was defensive-minded 6th man for the most part in college. Most I ever scored was 22 in a game, and that was only because the other team ran a horrific full court press and the big guy they left defending the basket had no clue how to block a reverse left-handed layup. I think at least 3 or 4 of my buckets were goal-tending! :lol

Played club ball for about 5-6 years after college, then the knees started to go bad again so I took some time off. Before I knew it, life and career got in the way and I have not played in a league for almost 10 years.

Coached my daughter for a few years now, which is about as close as I get to the court. Unlike me, she is a chucker. The shortest one on the team, but still a chucker. The bitter irony is of course that my 12-year old son is now over 6'1" and has no interest in playing basketball... :bang :bang :bang

texbound
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I try to play every chance I get, but kids and work seem to get in the way these days. However, I have found time to coach the my kids basketball teams over the past 4 years which allows me to at least be around the game.

gospursgojas
03-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm 23 going on 24 and I play in a league right now...

www.g-hoops.com

word
03-06-2008, 06:51 PM
played in highschool, got hurt playing football...sports 'career' ...ovah !!

gospursgojas
03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
There used to be 10 or 20 of us that got together from spurstalk, to play. Myself included.

Well it was actually like ten ST'ers and thier friends.

I stoped going b.c of new work hours.. don't know if they still get together

thebigchill
03-06-2008, 06:58 PM
I currently play in the NBA. I'm aw-ight. I have no left though. :p:

mando6599
03-06-2008, 06:59 PM
My favorite sport from when I was young. Still play in church league and pick up games. Love to block shots, play defense, and try and dribble fancifully. :lol

Cry Havoc
03-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm in a league now. Oddly enough, my ball-handling abilities have improved to the point where I'm the de-facto point guard now, even though I move better without the ball and I would prefer to set screens for people than handle it.

I have a decent J, and I shut my man down on defense for the most part. I still need serious work on my court vision, though. =\

Brutalis
03-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Been playing my whole life. 6-3 and 23yo so I have no reason not to. Problem is here in Arkansas we have no leagues other than church leagues. And I tried that, and they are scrubs full of middle aged men who suck.

So, I pretty much play at the park and the rec. Dunking is fun, black dudes be like WHOA MANNNNN

Deimosfobos
03-06-2008, 07:21 PM
I played, I was terrible, I quited and started watching the NBA.

Love the sport, but don't have what it takes to even be mediocre. I played Rugby instead for many years and now I'm doing some boxing. :ihit

jmard5
03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm 32, but played mostly during my high school days and college. Joined a couple local leagues but my team failed miserably. Joined three company basketball leagues mostly as a role player. The first two as a starting undersized PF/C; mostly on defense, rebounding and contesting/blocking shots. Part of 3 championships (2 from the first company that I worked for). =p

Nowadays, I just squeeze basketball into my tight sked. Missed those days.

xcoriate
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I play... made a training camp for representative league last summer (a year out of knee surgery) and was the last cut.

Play 2 nights a week organized comp and generally play another with mates on an outdoor court or something.

I'm a undersized scoring point, but I play big and am known for my rebounding and over developed post game haha. Watching TD will do that I guess. Plus its amazing how effective an up and under is when everyone thinks they can block your shot.

Whisky Dog
03-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Dad is a basketball coach in Texas for 30 years so I was born with a ball in hand. Played all through high school and college ball, and came oh so close to leading my Dad's HS team to state title in both my junior and senior seasons.

Don Quixote
03-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Played pickup in high-school. I thought I was pretty good, but my opponents, seeing that I was white, couldn't jump or shoot, or really play defense, begged to differ.

Played in Air Force intramurals -- some of those guys were really good.

Now, I try to play with some guys at the seminary when I'm on campus. My game consists mostly of working alone on my jumper.

ShoogarBear
03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
they are scrubs full of middle aged men who suck.
Hey, middle aged men who suck used to be young guys who could play a little bit. :(

mrsmaalox
03-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I've never played but I am very involved because of my son. He will be 14 this month, is 6'2" and plays for his middle school. He also plays on 2 different club teams, so he is always on 2 teams simultaneously. I EXIST for his games and we never have less than 3 per weekend.

ricketts
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I played in a christian league when i was younger, then i hit the bong and left that particular league behind. i play now with some co-workers. my first sport loves will always be Soccer and badminton though.

SpurAddict561
03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Been playin for about 15 years now..

@ 25, I still play 2-3 hours a day.

I live for the shittttttttttt

cash459
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I played in middle school, some high school and a TON of recreational. Won a few leagues and tournaments. Wish i had more time for it now.

Brutalis
03-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey, middle aged men who suck used to be young guys who could play a little bit. :(
True but they call basketball something it's not. They are used to the 70s when they could lower their shoulder and run over folks, and I've always been a hardass and always tripped them on purpose or say, did the Bowen move under their jumper as revenge and they didn't appreciate it or my run on sentence.

They (most of em) don't know fundamentals. Just run-push-shoot-repeat

koriwhat
03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
i started playing when i was able to hold a ball... i was on some kid ymca league back when i was like 10, never played for school, and am not trying to say i'm awesome, but i can hang if need be either defensively or offensively. i am dying to join a league these days but sadly i don't know enough ballers in SA who are committed enough to hang for a few months and who aren't ball hogs and want to play team ball.

whenever we get a chance though a couple buddies and i try to play down the street at the neighborhood court once a week.

E20
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I played and pwned. March 5th 2008....those were the days...........

Infact I was playing against other gametes 19 years ago.

ednobli2
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
:lol I played since I was 10 years old. Middle school, High school, did alright for being 6' 4" and rail thin 175 lbs. Now I am 29 and 215 out of shape been putting off my new year's resolution for about 2 months now. I love playing but teaching and coaching takes up a lot of time. But since I have been married and my wife is pregnant, I have been mostly playing with myself.

Martin R
03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
ay for a small club here in Buenos Aires. Amateur, of course.

MannyIsGod
03-06-2008, 09:05 PM
There used to be 10 or 20 of us that got together from spurstalk, to play. Myself included.

Well it was actually like ten ST'ers and thier friends.

I stoped going b.c of new work hours.. don't know if they still get togetherWe haven't done that in quite some time. I hope to start it up soon at some point. I miss playing ball badly.

ShoogarBear
03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I miss playing ball badly.Well, at least you're honest about your abilities.

Davidicus
03-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I play at least twice a week

koriwhat
03-06-2008, 09:45 PM
We haven't done that in quite some time. I hope to start it up soon at some point. I miss playing ball badly.

the court down the street from me is nice. it is of course on a tennis court but the hoop is awesome and there are lights that are on until 10pm. hit me up people cause i already have like 3-5 people who are down.

Tike Mailer
03-06-2008, 09:57 PM
I can take you to the hoop any day, holmes.

koriwhat
03-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I can take you to the hoop any day, holmes.

you in SA? let's play!

ricketts
03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
the court down the street from me is nice. it is of course on a tennis court but the hoop is awesome and there are lights that are on until 10pm. hit me up people cause i already have like 3-5 people who are down.

What area do you live in?

koriwhat
03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
What area do you live in?

NW side off huebner and 10.

thebigchill
03-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Well, at least you're honest about your abilities.
:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Played for 17 years - in high school, uni, men's leagues, street ball - and would still play except my ankles are spaghetti... :depressed Won two championships though, which was nice.

It is definitely in my blood, and I still shoot around alone. Still got the game, in fact I think I'm at my peak, but I just can't afford another torn ankle ligament.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, at least you're honest about your abilities.

:lol

remingtonbo2001
03-06-2008, 10:50 PM

When do you guys usually hit up the court?

I live off I-10 and DeZavala.

Let me know, I'd love to start playing again.

jag
03-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Played in high school and currently play intramurals. Try to shoot around for about an hour a day or so.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-06-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm a good shooter. That's it. If you ask me to do anything else offensively (mainly dribble) it's an automatic turnover. I have no coordination. My bad dribbbling ability pretty much makes everything else impossible - I have a hard time driving if I have to take more than one dribble, my passing is limited etc.

Defensively, people have told me i play a little like Ginobili. I get in the passing lanes, i'm a good defender, and I hustle. Similarily, i was used as the "spark" off the bench and sixth man.

I have bad offensive instincts , and in hs (last year i was a senior), for the most part, I was given the defensive assignment . It was my defense and hustle that got me playing time over players that were waaaay better than me but came to practice (and even games lmao) high and didn't give all their effort.

koriwhat
03-06-2008, 11:01 PM
When do you guys usually hit up the court?

I live off I-10 and DeZavala.

Let me know, I'd love to start playing again.

lately we've been playing mondays around 6pm. just pm here about what time/day is best for you and anyone else interested in getting out on the court. i'm busy during the week from tue-thur but fri-mon i am totally free to do whatever.

SouthernFried
03-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Played everywhere for about 25 yrs. Coached a little after that, helped run Avery's basketball camp at JCC. Played with most of the old Spurs guys (pre-Duncan era) in pickup and league games around town. Haven't really touched a basketball in 10 yrs tho. Miss the contact and the comraderie of the game. Enjoy it while it lasts...you'll be talking about how great you "were" soon enuf :)

Oh, and towards the end, I always loved beating young guys who said we didn't know how to play :)

Please_dont_ban_me
03-06-2008, 11:10 PM
I play regularly.

Have played regularly since I was old enough to walk, and my dad bought me a little plastic hoop.

Strike
03-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Used to play pickup in high school. Wasn't a great shooter or ball handler but my defense was damn good, so people told me. But. being 5'8" and not being able to jump well, it was obvious that organized ball wasn't in my future. Now with a fucked up back and knee, I'm lucky to play once a year.

Oh well. Good memories, good times.

remingtonbo2001
03-06-2008, 11:14 PM
lately we've been playing mondays around 6pm. just pm here about what time/day is best for you and anyone else interested in getting out on the court. i'm busy during the week from tue-thur but fri-mon i am totally free to do whatever.

Usually anytime after 3. My only obligations right are my studies. I plan on looking for a job in the near future( :lol )- Until then.

50 cent
03-06-2008, 11:15 PM
I kicked some ass in Little Dribblers.

dav4463
03-06-2008, 11:47 PM
I played in high school, college intramurals, and a rec league. Now, I just referee high school ball. I found that tennis was easier on the ankles. There aren't as many feet to step on and come down wrong. I still play a mean game of HORSE.

Brutalis
03-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I'd school any of you with my lefty but switcharoo style of crossovers.

WAH CHA NAH

Texas_Ranger
03-07-2008, 12:20 AM
I play.

themvp
03-07-2008, 12:31 AM
I play.

Yeah, we play together 1 on 1 mostly when there is not enough people to play 3 on 3 (streetball). TeXas Ranger is a PG and I am a PF/C :blah
It's a lot of fun but I have yet to dunk on him :hat

hsxvvd
03-07-2008, 12:38 AM
I sucked as a player, but I've coached for a few years.

SequSpur
03-07-2008, 01:00 AM
I play every Sunday night.

Joe Schmoogins
03-07-2008, 01:02 AM
I was the captain of my high school team. We placed second in states (california). I played against a bunch of people currently playing college ball, and some pros...

My greatest game... We were playing Sheldon H.S. and they had an amazing player named Demarcus Nelson... He plays for Duke now. Anyway, he is also the all time leading scorer in cali hs bball. I guarded him all game. He didn't score a single point. Needless to say, we won.

I turned down a few scholarships in order to focus on my current major which is architecture. I knew I would probably never go pro, it was a tough choice. I miss playing that's for sure. But I still play intramurals, and pick up games all the time.

Texas_Ranger
03-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, we play together 1 on 1 mostly when there is not enough people to play 3 on 3 (streetball). TeXas Ranger is a PG and I am a PF/C :blah
It's a lot of fun but I have yet to dunk on him :hat

You'll never dunk on me! :devil :devil

themvp
03-08-2008, 02:46 PM
You'll never dunk on me! :devil :devil

Don't be so sure. I got hops so you better watch yourself or you will get
posterized :blah

http://www.hedo.8k.com/images/carter_dunk_france.jpg

The Franchise
03-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Played in high school and now play for my church league.

wildbill2u
03-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Out of curiosity...

I play since i was 10 years old or something. Now I'm 23 so i spent a good share of my years playing.

Mostly with friends but I played for a local club for a few years. I was C or a PF at the time. (pissed me off because i was a decent 3pt shooter :lol )

Currently my knee is banged up so i dont play-being careful.
:rolleyes

But i think i am going to play my whole life as other sports dont interest me that much...
I played in some in college but was concentrating on football at the time and had to juggle between the seasons.

After graduation I played for a couple of years in a pretty good amateur league in Houston with some ex-U of H players including Bill Worrell who is now on the Rockets broadcasting team and a SA Jefferson product Larry Byrd.

Since then it was mostly pickup games in rec centers until I tore up my knee (again) coming down with a rebound at age 50 and decided to hang up my Air Jordans. I miss the hell out of playing, but am now getting some time in on the backyard hoop with my grandsons when I visit SA.

WalterBenitez
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I spend my highschool years trying to be a Beno carbon copy!, my ratio of assist/turnover were close to 1.2

YODA
03-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Ok , ill let it be known, Im 38 and I played at Cole high school for 2 years. Had a pretty good team, but i hardly played. 5 ft 8 160 pounds, Was only known for Defense and on othe other end of floor, if I had an open 3, u could count it, but dont ask me to dribble or it will be a TO. Coach liked me becuase I was fast and would never ever give up. I recall playing D full court on the other point gaurds and coach would let me till i fouled out. Got me about 1-2 breakaways a game too. I loved to give my body up for the game. Even at that size, I loved to set screens and actually enjoyed the contact. P issed off alot of players. Was never intentional, but was my satyle of physical play. I havent played in a long time, but think i would be uselss. Picked up ball at fan fiesta or whatever it is and man was I bad,,,real bad. no exercise and 205 pounds might be part of that problem. I still should try to play just to stay healthy, but i doubt evenone wants a currently slow short unhealthy player. amazing what 20 years out of school does to a persons gut. Exercise might be part of the problem.
FYI.....everythng ive said is true except for cole highschool. OF course I didnt play with Shaq....=), but was sure it might grab a few eyes

SpursWoman
03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
We haven't done that in quite some time. I hope to start it up soon at some point. I miss playing ball badly.

They just finished building a brand new full size court in our subdivision, and there is rarely anyone on it ... I know Chris always wants to play.

I used to play about 20 years ago, but even then there wasn't much room in the world for a 5ft point guard ... so my career was pretty short. I have developed some pretty good post up moves, however. :hat :lol

xamila rey
03-08-2008, 05:31 PM
i played in high school then continue for a couple of years.
i used to live a block away from the court,
so i would spent all my free time there.

lonestr
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Played point guard until high school, then a few years later after joining the U.S. Navy, made the "Type Command" basketball team for the USS Constellation. It was a type of intermural league that played against other ships. It was almost semi-pro. Very tough!!

Joe Schmoogins
03-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Who are you?

I am from Sac and watched DeMarcus Nelson play several times. I played in the same tournaments him my senior year of highschool. I went to Christian Brothers.

I only played for my high school team my senior year but played two seasons of AAU basketball. I focused on volleyball in highschool but the bball coach made me play my senior year because of my height/jumping ability. I still play around today but all I am really good at is shot blocking and dunking.

Here is me after dunking in Mexico this past summer:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5863/n24504167312873373448pu5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Who Am I? I'm Joe Schmoogins! :smokin

timmy21_4rings
03-08-2008, 09:37 PM
played until college days and for the college

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2008, 10:16 PM
actually i played when i was in grade 3 about 8yrs old after watchin the sport on free 2 air TV, i think it was the season the bulls v blazers in the finals, thats when i started to get into the sport and collecting cards.

Stop balling when i went to university due to no courts on campuses, and local playground i rarely get out of the house these days anyway....i dunno if i can touch the ring no more...im 5'7 btw and havnt touch bball since 2003.

Actually from year 7-10 highschool age 13-16 i reckon i wouldve made it to the schools bball team, reason i didnt bother trying out? too many ballhogs who wanted to be like mike who didnt wanna pass the ball. In year 10 i made the bball team without even trying for the schools team, why? Thats because i concentrated on defense and camp in the lane and block all the ballhog tryhard wannabe who think they can ball. And they barely used me...i only played 1 game for about 1minute, yeh thats right 1 block, AND1 play hahahahaha....everyone was laughing when i pulled that td lowpost spin move and basket counted with the def foul.

From 1997+ i didnt bother to play competitive sport or played any sports cause i had a out break with eczma all over my body. Its really embarrassing though...thats why i played in long pants and long sleeve shirts on teams lol cause nobody knows.

JohnD99
03-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I have played recreationally since high school. I played in some rec leagues during college and once I graduated I tried to stay in pick-up games 3-5 times a week. Unfortunately I recently blew out my ACL twice (at least it was the same knee) so I don't get to play like I used to. :cry The good news is that I am almost ready to hit the court again after missing over 1 year in PT. Please keep me posted about the games on Monday nights. I would love to come down to SA just to shut down remingtonbo2001 and his weak game. :hungry:

Since most don't know me I'll give a brief background. I'm remingtonbo2001 older brother by 7 years and we have been playing ball together ever since he could walk. I loved teaching him the game and beating him senseless. :clap Even once he outgrew me (6'3" to my 5'9") I was able to continue the onslaught. I am looking forward to keeping my winning streak active. So Bo, the challenge is out.... Are you ready for me to kick your but again?

CaptainLate
03-09-2008, 12:20 AM
I played HS and in Jr. College. As SAC I played with Otis Malone (Harlandale). We played against Gus Williams brother Ray, who eventually played with the Knicks. The guy had some vertical.

Texas_Ranger
03-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Don't be so sure. I got hops so you better watch yourself or you will get
posterized :blah

http://www.hedo.8k.com/images/carter_dunk_france.jpg

Yea right!:dramaquee :dramaquee

When you'll try to dunk I'll just block you! :fro

http://image.hoopchina.com/daily/070127_duncan_block_warrick_ap.jpg

SAGambler
03-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Played in HS...But BB was more of a "pass time sport" between football and baseball season. So never really got very good at it.

MI21
03-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Played since I was 10, actually just got invited down to train with one of the teams in the West Australian state league, but I would never make the team, and would probably lucky to make the reserves team, so I think I'll pass.

I grew up playing PF/C but then stopped growing at 6'2/6'3 so I'm now a SF who WILL kick your ass in the post :lol and I'm always the best passer on my team, always... I just struggle with getting angry at the referees, have no midrange shooting game (which is why I have a soft spot for midrange shooters in the NBA, because it's rare for a baller to have one)... I'm a 3pter or a keyway guy otherwise I'm giving the ball up to someone who has a good 15fter...

Would love to play against people from on here :)

VaSpursFan
03-09-2008, 09:49 AM
played from 3rd grade until high school on teams. only played intramurals in college. now i just play for recreation on a men's team at the Y. i'm a 6'3 225 lb PG who can play in the post (SF) since in most rec league games i'm usually one of the taller players. i hate playing out of position but i do what it takes to help the team win.

The_Game
03-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes I played and at a good level

I played in the NCAA tourney and even made the elite 8 one year our of the 4 i was at college.

Joe Schmoogins
03-09-2008, 01:20 PM
What high school did you go to? I call BS. DeMarcus Nelson was not held scoreless by you.

Alright dude... believe what you want. But, it's true. I went to Capital Christian High School. We had a solid team. We were a D4 h.s. but played against D1 schools in tournaments and non-league play. The game I'm referring to happened during a UoP tourney. We won the game, but lost the tourney. I might have even played against you. I know we played Christian Brothers at least once... or maybe I'm confusing your school with Jesuit. Anyway, we also had a guy or two who went to Christian Brothers, then left and came to our school to play on our team.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I haven't played competetive basketball since my freshman year in high school, when I played on a YMCA team (we were the Spurs). I can't handle the ball worth a shit and I haven't dunked since I sprained my ankle my junior year, but I can shoot lights out to about college three range. I still whip one of my neighbors at horse a couple times a week.

Budkin
03-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I played in high school on JV and a little while on varsity. But I was always missing practices during vacations (parents on opposite ends of the country) so even though I was decent, my coach made me ride the pine. Oh yeah, and later they found out he was molesting boys so fuck him.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2008, 02:09 PM
I played in high school on JV and a little while on varsity. But I was always missing practices during vacations (parents on opposite ends of the country) so even though I was decent, my coach made me ride the pine. Oh yeah, and later they found out he was molesting boys so fuck him.
That's an unfortunate choice of words.

Joe Schmoogins
03-09-2008, 02:31 PM
What year did you graduate? You must have played with David Ellis, the 7 footer who goes to Nevada. I played against you in early 2004. It was at Christian Brothers and a guy on my team fell in the 2nd quarter and broke his arm. If you were there, you would remember it.

Ya I played with Dave. That fool is the skinniest mofo ever. Did you know Anthony Brown? I thought he went to Christian Brothers, but I could be mistaken. He led Sac in scoring one year I believe. Our team had so much talent... but the maturity level of fourth graders. And I vaguely remember someone breaking their arm like you mention. I actually think that when we played you we went up by 14 or so after the first... but then sucked balls the rest of the way and you guys came back and won. After that game we ran for three days straight, and didn't even get to touch a ball. Worst three days of practice ever. Nice to see another Sac area Spurs fan.

remingtonbo2001
03-09-2008, 02:47 PM
I have played recreationally since high school. I played in some rec leagues during college and once I graduated I tried to stay in pick-up games 3-5 times a week. Unfortunately I recently blew out my ACL twice (at least it was the same knee) so I don't get to play like I used to. :cry The good news is that I am almost ready to hit the court again after missing over 1 year in PT. Please keep me posted about the games on Monday nights. I would love to come down to SA just to shut down remingtonbo2001 and his weak game. :hungry:

Since most don't know me I'll give a brief background. I'm remingtonbo2001 older brother by 7 years and we have been playing ball together ever since he could walk. I loved teaching him the game and beating him senseless. :clap Even once he outgrew me (6'3" to my 5'9") I was able to continue the onslaught. I am looking forward to keeping my winning streak active. So Bo, the challenge is out.... Are you ready for me to kick your but again?

I'm still waiting, but you keep giving me excuses. :lol

Bad knee...please?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-09-2008, 05:58 PM
GiG and Joe can now hold hands to "It's a small world after all". :lol

It is bloody small, isn't it?

Budkin
03-09-2008, 06:04 PM
That's an unfortunate choice of words.

:lmao I realized that after I posted it. Anyway he was also a math teacher and he was fired and I think went to jail for a bit.

koriwhat
03-09-2008, 06:06 PM
yo remingtonbo2001 i'm not making you any promises that you will be playing vs badass if you come play vs my friends and i. what i am promising though is a game....maybe 5 maybe more. we play for like 3 hrs at a time and if you come out and play you will most likely be the tallest out there. there's a couple of my buddies who play who are at 6ft or 6'1ft but my buddy lance and i are at like 5'8ft - 5'9ft.

just wanting to give you a heads up. we might play tomorrow but we are for sure set for tuesday night around 6pm. lights go off at my court at 10pm so just hit me up here anytime between now and then if you're interested in balling with us small wannabe ballers.

and if anyone else is interested please get in on this! i would love to play 5 vs 5 but it is so hard to find people willing to drive to my side of town or to get 10 people together anyhow. most likely we will be playing 3 vs 3. half-court regulation (we used to have the 3 point line and free throw line marked off but the home owners bs repaved the court). my court is close to ih-10 and huebner if anyone is interested. just pm me people!

TUESDAY!! TUESDAY @ 6pm!

ps: i played vs a buddy yesterday going 8-0 in 21 and almost broke my wrist while trying to catch myself falling. it hurts like hell but i am still down for tuesday.

Flintstones32
03-09-2008, 08:38 PM
32 years old. Have played since 3rd grade. Played H.S. ball in Flint, MI against Mateen Cleaves and Morris Peterson, but was on the AAU team with both of them. Didn't play much hehe.

Played 3 years in college, Urbana University and Alpena Community College before knee surgery stopped that. Currently play in 2 leagues and a couple pick up games, living in Indiana. 6'5 SG, was over 55% in 3's in High School. Pretty much all I did was shoot 3's, until college. Coach wouldnt let me shoot 3's in practice for 2 months straight until I drove more.

Was fun, miss it, but leagues are fun as well.

Heath Ledger
03-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I played in a small division 2 school in college. Don't play as often as I'd like these days.

RonMexico
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Played since I was 8 years old, in grade school and high school.

I played intramurals in college and we made the Finals my junior year, but I got ejected for "fighting" because this little guy tried to undercut me when I went for a layup, so I elbowed him and he flopped.

I still play now (3 yrs out of college), but my drinking has caught up to me and the endurance isn't quite what it used to be.

remingtonbo2001
03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
yo remingtonbo2001 i'm not making you any promises that you will be playing vs badass if you come play vs my friends and i. what i am promising though is a game....maybe 5 maybe more. we play for like 3 hrs at a time and if you come out and play you will most likely be the tallest out there. there's a couple of my buddies who play who are at 6ft or 6'1ft but my buddy lance and i are at like 5'8ft - 5'9ft.

just wanting to give you a heads up. we might play tomorrow but we are for sure set for tuesday night around 6pm. lights go off at my court at 10pm so just hit me up here anytime between now and then if you're interested in balling with us small wannabe ballers.

TUESDAY!! TUESDAY @ 6pm!

:lmao And the legend grows.

To be honest, I haven't played a game in 3 years. I run 3-4 times a week, so stamina shouldn't be an issue.

I'm tall and lanky. I can rebound, pass and defend. I'm not sure about my shot, it depends on the weather.

I'll be there.

koriwhat
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
:lmao And the legend grows.

To be honest, I haven't played a game in 3 years. I run 3-4 times a week, so stamina shouldn't be an issue.

I'm tall and lanky. I can rebound, pass and defend. I'm not sure about my shot, it depends on the weather.

I'll be there.

awesome man! i will pm you later with some contact info.

polandprzem
03-09-2008, 10:20 PM
played

I

past