PDA

View Full Version : Enough With The Kobe Rape Jokes

batboy
03-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I've been hating the Lakers most of my adult life, and there are plenty of reasons to dislike Kobe on a personal level (see O'Neal, Shaq), but these rape jokes need to stop. Last I checked we lived in a country where dismissed charges are even more prejudicial towards defendant than being found not guilty by jury.

Does anyone here believe that a woman finds herself alone with Kobe freaking Bryant in a hotel room with any intention but to be a starfucker? The judge certainly didn't.

All that the ordeal showed was that Kobe was an adulterer and will go to great lengths to be with his team. Please, hate on Kobe for things that actually happened and not for whatever inflammatory accusations you find most damaging.

greyforest
03-06-2008, 10:55 PM
well maybe if kobe would stop raping everyone the jokes would stop

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 10:57 PM
When all else fails....the rape jokes come out....see Sacramento when a court side fan yells "remember Colorado" classy, really classy.

Chris Childs
STFU

If Kobe isn't a Rapist then none of it would of been mentioned.

MODS DO YOUR JOB!

monosylab1k
well maybe if kobe would stop raping everyone the jokes would stop
:lmao post of the century

batboy
03-06-2008, 10:58 PM
When all else fails....the rape jokes come out....see Sacramento when a court side fan yells "remember Colorado" classy, really classy.

Just chant LOT-TER-Y at Sacto, rhymes with N-I-T.

ChumpDumper
If Kobe was dumb enough to get into that situation, he deserves having it brought up.

Chris Childs
Kobe lied and said he had consensual sex with the woman. Kobe is a liar, a cheater, and a jordan imitator

Chris Childs
03-06-2008, 10:59 PM
:lmao post of the century

FAIL

Medvedenko
03-06-2008, 10:59 PM
STFU

If Kobe isn't a Rapist then none of it would of been mentioned.

MODS DO YOUR JOB!

I haven't seen you in a while CC...miss Kobe eh.

batboy
03-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Kobe lied and said he had consensual sex with the woman.

Are you freaking kidding me?

remingtonbo2001
If any of you guys paid attention to the facts of the case, Kobe didn't commit rape.

He, as stated above, commited adultry. Really, he's a chump who almost got taken to the cleaners. Fortunately for him, the bitch that was accusing him of rape, didn't play it smart and decided to go screw around a couple hours later.

monosylab1k
FAIL
eat shit, crackhead.

Chris Childs
03-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Lets face facts....

KOBE IS A PUSSY!

He bought his wife a 4 million dollar ring.....SMMFH

He also has no personality whatsover so he trys to steal others.

FUCK KOBE!

batboy
MODS DO YOUR JOB!

Mods please do your job and delete a post that dares to imply that the correct legal judgement was rendered, and allow people to continue to slander with impunity.

Chris Childs
eat shit, crackhead.

:lol :toast

mono the homo telling me to eat shit? IS that the first thing that came to your mind when you tried to diss me? You should try fucking the pussy instead of the ass.....wait men don't have pussies...YUCK! No wonder you want me to eat shit. :oops

ADVICE- Become a hetero....it's natural

TampaDude
03-06-2008, 11:02 PM
If any of you guys paid attention to the facts of the case, Kobe didn't commit rape.

He, as stated above, commited adultry. Really, he's a chump who almost got taken to the cleaners. Fortunately for him, the bitch that was accusing him of rape, didn't play it smart and decided to go screw around a couple hours later.

She was just hungry for some Kobe beef... :lol

remingtonbo2001
03-06-2008, 11:05 PM

:lmao

Chris Childs
03-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Kobe's also a snitch saying that shaq paid a woman in hush money......if I was shaq Instead of just avoiding him, I would of beat that ass just to teach him a lesson....but Snaq is soft .....and kobe is still a BITCH!

mikejones99
03-06-2008, 11:11 PM
the bitch, kate Faber is a lying whore and Kobe had to pay her about a million bucks

batboy
03-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Kobe's also a snitch saying that shaq paid a woman in hush money

This is exactly what I am talking about, limit your Kobe critiques to things like this that actually happened, not some tramp's accusations.

spursfan09
03-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Public figure. His life is on display. Have to be careful.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Anyone looking to NBA players as some sort of beacon of morality needs to get their heads checked.

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 11:23 PM

:king

batboy
03-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Anyone looking to NBA players as some sort of beacon of morality needs to get their heads checked.

Don't even mitigate it like that.

Kobe simply _did not rape that woman_.

No need to apologize for something that didn't happen. Remember this isn't an adultery thread.

monosylab1k
03-06-2008, 11:29 PM
mono telling me to eat shit?
just some friendly advice. i'm sure someone will pay you some crack money if you eat a little doo-doo.

Sec24Row7
03-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I've been hating the Lakers most of my adult life, and there are plenty of reasons to dislike Kobe on a personal level (see O'Neal, Shaq), but these rape jokes need to stop. Last I checked we lived in a country where dismissed charges are even more prejudicial towards defendant than being found not guilty by jury.

Does anyone here believe that a woman finds herself alone with Kobe freaking Bryant in a hotel room with any intention but to be a starfucker? The judge certainly didn't.

All that the ordeal showed was that Kobe was an adulterer and will go to great lengths to be with his team. Please, hate on Kobe for things that actually happened and not for whatever inflammatory accusations you find most damaging.

Do they make you feel Violated?

DazedAndConfused
People hate Kobe because he is just so damn good. They see the whole rape allegation as a chink in his armor and attack it. It's not surprising at all.

Chris Childs
You Kobe nuthuggers disgust me.

I can't believe you can cheer for a guy who cheated on his wife, snitched on one of his teammates(what if that would of been you), tries to imitate The Man, and ballhogs occasionally when given the opportunity. He also quitted on his team a few years back and said before training camp he was going to the bulls if the lakers didn't make any moves. He's an arrogant prick who thinks he's the shit. He nothing more than a bitch...I proved that. FUCK KOBE.

spursfan09
03-06-2008, 11:34 PM

There you go twisting words. Simply saying that he shouldn't of put himself in that position to begin with. NOw he's gets labeled as a cheater, raper. etc. Believe Kobe is not somebody I look to as a role model.

batboy
03-06-2008, 11:37 PM
See that? You guys can air a long list of attacks on Kobe without mentioning rape. Please do so.

Chris Childs
03-06-2008, 11:37 PM
People hate Kobe because he is just so damn good. They see the whole rape allegation as a chink in his armor and attack it. It's not surprising at all.

People hate kobe because he thinks he's MJ. Just look at those fadeaway jumpshots he does, look at the way he walks and moves his mouth (no homo), look at the way he talks in interviews, look at how he ballhogs, look at how he will never win a ring without shaq especially with the west being stacked. ......LOOK AT HOW HE RAPED THAT WOMAN AND NOT IN JAIL LIKE THE OTHER RAPISTS! Kobe is a criminal who should be locked up getting his behind violated every single fucking day. FUCK KOBE!

TheNextGen
03-06-2008, 11:39 PM
People hate kobe because he thinks he's MJ. Just look at those fadeaway jumpshots he does, look at the way he walks and moves his mouth (no homo), look at the way he talks in interviews, look at how he ballhogs, look at how he will never win a ring without shaq especially with the west being stacked. ......LOOK AT HOW HE RAPED THAT WOMAN AND NOT IN JAIL LIKE THE OTHER RAPISTS! Kobe is a criminal who should be locked up getting his behind violated every single fucking day. FUCK KOBE!

Ur right! Why imitate MJ when he can imitate Chris Childs!

Chris Childs
See that? You guys can air a long list of attacks on Kobe without mentioning rape. Please do so.

WHy does it bother you when someone says that kobe rape that innocent girl in colorado? Was you accused of rape before?

Trainwreck2100
He settled with the white bitch out of court, if he was innocent why do it?

mikejones99
03-06-2008, 11:40 PM
he should have been arrested in sacramento the other night because he raped the kings that night in the 4th

batboy
03-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Caps Is The Best For Libel

Chris Childs
03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Ur right! Why imitate MJ when he can imitate Chris Childs!

I've never said anything about me. Kobe shouldn't imitate anyone just be himself. MJ had an identity, bird, magic, all those gus had their own identity.......what does kobe have?

batboy
03-06-2008, 11:43 PM
He settled with the white bitch out of court, if he was innocent why do it?

If she was anything but a gold-digging starfucker, why did she accept the settlement?

See what I did there?

Chris Childs
03-06-2008, 11:43 PM
just some friendly advice. i'm sure someone will pay you some crack money if you eat a little doo-doo.

STOP FUCKING MEN IN THE ASS MAYBE YOU WON'T HAVE "SHIT" ON YOUR MENTALLY DYSFUNCTIONAL MIND.

Trainwreck2100
03-06-2008, 11:52 PM
If she was anything but a gold-digging starfucker, why did she accept the settlement?

See what I did there?

Not really

mikejones99
03-06-2008, 11:53 PM
very good batboy

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2008, 11:57 PM
batboy what was the point of this thread. anything involving Kobe, Lebron, or Manu Ginobli invariably evolves into a Kobe vs. MJ debate.

ElNono
03-07-2008, 12:33 AM

First of all, get your facts straight. Kobe was not exonerated by the judge. Instead, the charges against him were dropped by the prosecutor when the woman indicated that she would not testify.
That's very far from being tried and found not guilty. Furthermore, in Kobe's press release, he sustains he did not rape her, even though he acknowledges that the woman do not agree with him on that.
To top it all off, she sued in civil court, and eventually settled before that trial.

So the fact is that we don't know for sure wether he raped her or not, and we will probably never know. That doesn't mean he didn't do it. The trials never got that far.

So, everybody is free to speculate wether it happened or not, regardless of what Kobe claims.

To me, if he didn't do it and wanted to cleanup his name, he would not have settled the civil case, and would have followed through with it.

T Park
03-07-2008, 12:37 AM
If Kobe was dumb enough to get into that situation, he deserves having it brought up.

Spot on as always.

TampaDude
03-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Kobe is innocent...just like OJ!!! :p:

T Park
03-07-2008, 12:38 AM
First of all, get your facts straight. Kobe was not exonerated by the judge. Instead, the charges against him were dropped by the prosecutor when the woman indicated that she would not testify.
That's very far from being tried and found not guilty. Furthermore, in Kobe's press release, he sustains he did not rape her, even though he acknowledges that the woman do not agree with him on that.
To top it all off, she sued in civil court, and eventually settled before that trial.

So the fact is that we don't know for sure wether he raped her or not, and we will probably never know. That doesn't mean he didn't do it. The trials never got that far.

So, everybody is free to speculate wether it happened or not, regardless of what Kobe claims.

To me, if he didn't do it and wanted to cleanup his name, he would not have settled the civil case, and would have followed through with it.

Great post as well, sorry I didn't see it the first time.

ElNono
03-07-2008, 12:43 AM

See what I did there?

She might not want to have to deal with the pressure of a trial like that.
Let me tell you something: Who's got more to lose here? Kobe Bryant or an unknown bitch?
Do you think that if the Hall of Famer Kobe Bryant could prove he didn't do it he would not have tried to clean up his name? It's not like he can't afford lawyers or something.

JohnnySixString
03-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Kobe is innocent...just like OJ!!! :p:

And it's about time people everywhere cut out all the damn OJ Murderer jokes too! :p:

mikejones99
03-07-2008, 01:07 AM
kobe was told to pay the goddam bitch to make her go away and that way Kobe can get on with his life instead of this dragging on for years. The million dollars he paid instead of years in court to make the whore go away was well worth it for him.

freemeat
03-07-2008, 01:14 AM
It's awesome that a thread started about Kobe and the rape accusation from years ago has turned into talk about eating doo doo and doing crack.

dbreiden83080
03-07-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't know what the hell actually happened that night with that women but i know Kobe is a lying ass bitch. In his press conference he is all teary eyed, saying that "This was the only time he cheated on his wife and he loves her so much" yeah fucking right. He was away from her for one weekend in the offseason to see a doctor about his shoulder and he was fucking another woman, he'd just met. Like he is not off banging groupies all season long when he is on the road. The guy is just a phony, i used to like him now i can't stand him.

mikejones99
03-07-2008, 01:24 AM
fuckin bitches is not against the law, yet

DazedAndConfused
03-07-2008, 01:26 AM
The more important question is why do you care? Do you really think NBA players by and large are morally good people? Don't be fooled by the NBA Cares commercials you dumbfucks.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-07-2008, 01:37 AM
I don't know what the hell actually happened that night with that women but i know Kobe is a lying ass bitch. In his press conference he is all teary eyed, saying that "This was the only time he cheated on his wife and he loves her so much" yeah fucking right. He was away from her for one weekend in the offseason to see a doctor about his shoulder and he was fucking another woman, he'd just met. Like he is not off banging groupies all season long when he is on the road. The guy is just a phony, i used to like him now i can't stand him.
Every time I begin to tolerate him as if he's started to keep his phony-egomaniacal ways in check, he always does something new in the season to make you roll your eyes.
He's hard to respect on the court and off the court.

DazedAndConfused
03-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Tony Parker cheated on his wife.

dbreiden83080
03-07-2008, 01:54 AM

Says who, the National Enquirer????? :drunk

batboy
03-07-2008, 06:27 AM
I am and will continue to be with the motherfucking disgusting lame-ass Laker fans on this.

DazedAndConfused -- I hate your bullshit team. Just wanted you to know that.

batboy
03-07-2008, 06:50 AM

werd

Obstructed_View
03-07-2008, 07:43 AM
It is if you don't ax first.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
^^^^^Yes, it's probably the worst post I've ever made, and that's really saying something. :lmao

Obstructed_View
03-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Besides, it was all a misunderstanding anyway. Kobe misunderstood when she asked him to rate her ass.

batboy
03-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Don't drink and post kids.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Don't drink and post kids.
Or stay up all night and post. :)

batboy
03-07-2008, 09:40 AM
I did a little of both.

spursfan09
03-07-2008, 09:42 AM
The more important question is why do you care? Do you really think NBA players by and large are morally good people? Don't be fooled by the NBA Cares commercials you dumbfucks.

I think some are morally good people. Obviously though Kobe is not. Oh and some people do care, because they have children and care about who they look up to as role models. I'm good though, because mine will be Spur fans and will look up to Manu.

Tradition
03-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah Kobe cheated on his wife. So did Jordan. So do several athletes and celebs. Parents are role models not athletes.

I also dont think that the girl Kobe had sex with wouldnt be bragging to her friends at a party later that exact night about blowing Kobe. Rape victims dont act that way. Kobe made a mistake but it's not like he is the first person to ever commit adultry. Plus I care about what he does on the court rather than off the court. I look to him as a basketball player and not someone to idol.

SAGambler
03-07-2008, 10:22 AM

I think most people care because of the image it puts out to kids. Let's say you have a 14 year old daughter that is butt plugged by a 17 year old balla against her will, and all he can say is "Well, Kobe did it"....

And while they may not be "morally good people", I'm sure each and every one of them have a "morals clause" in their contract. And that's probably why Kobe settled. If he is found guilty in court..even civil court..his multimillion dollar a year NBA career is fuckin OVER.......

Just follow the money.. See where most of it lands....and that usually clears up any confusion.

hater
03-07-2008, 10:51 AM
So Kobe likes rednecks, so what?

maybe he was tired of his wife's pupusa

DazedAndConfused
03-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I guess if I were a parent I'd be responsible enough to tell my kids to never look up to NBA athletes as role models. But Americans by and large are always looking for a way to pass the blame around to everyone but themselves.

RonMexico
03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I bet he raped Vanessa the first night they met.

RonMexico
03-07-2008, 11:40 AM
And being in jail, I know a lot about rape.

Heath Ledger
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I hear Kobe has a well Hung jury.

Hemotivo
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM

:tu

Medvedenko
03-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow, I looked yesterday and this thread was only 1 page....now it's over 3....sad really. Must be a slow news day.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't want to scroll back. Did I miss any new Kobe rape jokes?

batboy
03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
You can all use Kobe as a prop in some diatribe about athletes as role models, or you can actually look at the circumstances of the case and come to the same conclusion as the criminal justice system of Colorado:

Kobe did not, in fact, rape that woman.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2008, 02:02 PM
You can all use Kobe as a prop in some diatribe about athletes as role models, or you can actually look at the circumstances of the case and come to the same conclusion as the criminal justice system of Colorado:

So what?

Are you saying OJ didn't kill two people also?

monosylab1k
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
How tough was it to sneak into the room and see everything for yourself?

Medvedenko
03-07-2008, 02:44 PM
So what?

Are you saying OJ didn't kill two people also?

Fuck CD you're completely a cock on this board.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Fuck CD you're completely a cock on this board.
Guilty -- but what else is there to do in such pointless threads? :downspin:

BLACKMAMBA24
03-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah,Yeah ,yeah,Yeah,I wish the bum in sac could be at all laker games,Kobe got that look in his eyes Turiaf was clowning about on the bench shortly after that comment.It had that spike Lee effect,which was topped off by the 360 bang and yell.

Trainwreck2100
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM

He ended up filing a slander lawsuit, cause that's what you do when somebody lies about you, you don't give them an undisclosed amount of money

E20
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
More like enough with the Dirk bike jokes.

DazedAndConfused
03-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Tony Parker cheated on his wife on his WEDDING DAY. Doesn't get much lower than that. LMAO at Spurs' fans trying to act like their team is so morally righteous.

ChumpDumper
03-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Tony Parker cheated on his wife on his WEDDING DAY. Doesn't get much lower than that. LMAO at Spurs' fans trying to act like their team is so morally righteous.Are you talking about that text message chick? If you are, you're a little behind on that story's developments.

E20
03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
If you click Menu on my youtube clip in my sig there will be a Luis Scola link. :lol

lefty
03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Both Kobe and Chris Childs suck

mikejones99
03-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Most women would love to be raped if they got a million $$$$$$$$$. Kate should be in jail.

yourcheatinheart
03-07-2008, 05:12 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/raped7.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/kobeno.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/kobe-2.jpg

gmartin02
03-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I've never said anything about me. Kobe shouldn't imitate anyone just be himself. MJ had an identity, bird, magic, all those gus had their own identity.......what does kobe have?
If you mention Magic - he fucked just bout everything that moved when he was married (which he admitted when he got AIDS), he just was smart enough to not hook up with some gold digging Colorado trailer trash bitch.

Remember one of the reasons the Kobe case didn't go to trial was that the plaintiff reportedly bragged about doing Kobe before she reported the rape - just another gold diggen bitch.

yourcheatinheart
03-07-2008, 05:19 PM
If you mention Magic - he fucked just bout everything that moved when he was married (which he admitted when he got AIDS), he just was smart enough to not hook up with some gold digging Colorado trailer trash bitch.

Remember one of the reasons the Kobe case didn't go to trial was that the plaintiff reportedly bragged about doing Kobe before she reported the rape - just another gold diggen bitch.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/522017175_65c3a5d7e4.jpg

yourcheatinheart
03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
greatest homosexual player since john amechi http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/nudekobe.jpg

spursfan09
03-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Tony Parker cheated on his wife on his WEDDING DAY. Doesn't get much lower than that. LMAO at Spurs' fans trying to act like their team is so morally righteous.

:lol you are in a fantasy land, but reality says that Tony Parker never did. And if he did, hey at least he didn't need to force himself on her.

m33p0
03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
now that we know where you get your source, you've lost all credibility. excuse us while we ignore you.

LakeShow
03-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I really have never seen such sissified opinions by men in my life. Sounds like a bunch of bitches! Must be part of that brokeback mountain shit.

Rape, after all that has been said and done, is idiotic to even suggest. The hooker set him up all the way! It was all about the money! Kobe fucked up, so what! Let he without sin cast the first stone.

DazedAndConfused
03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
That girl was a fucking slut gold-digging trailer trash piece of shit whore. She fucked some other guy the night before and they found semen from multiple men still in her vagina when she claimed rape. If you believe a word of what she says you are dumber than fucking rocks. Kobe cheated on his wife and that's about all you can definitively say about the situation.

Newsflash, so have a ton of other NBA players. Go look at the number of illegitimate children Patrick Ewing has, it will blow your mind.

TampaDude
03-07-2008, 08:32 PM

With your mother...

GaryJohnston
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I approve of Kobe rape jokes.

T Park
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah Kobe cheated on his wife. So did Jordan. So do several athletes and celebs. Parents are role models not athletes.

I also dont think that the girl Kobe had sex with wouldnt be bragging to her friends at a party later that exact night about blowing Kobe. Rape victims dont act that way. Kobe made a mistake but it's not like he is the first person to ever commit adultry. Plus I care about what he does on the court rather than off the court. I look to him as a basketball player and not someone to idol.

Keep saying that and maybe you'll believe it.

T Park
03-07-2008, 08:42 PM

Uh, that was found to be bullshit, but keep grasping dumbfuck.

GaryJohnston
03-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Kobe fucked up, so what! Let he without sin cast the first stone.

Okay so Rape is equal to stealing gum. Got it.

:lmao

Stupid fucking laker fan

T Park
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Newsflash, so have a ton of other NBA players. Go look at the number of illegitimate children Patrick Ewing has, it will blow your mind

So that makes it ok.

GENIUS!! :tu

DazedAndConfused
03-07-2008, 08:51 PM
No it just means you shouldn't be surprised when an athlete does.

mikejones99
03-07-2008, 09:21 PM
women should never go into a mans hotel room past 9pm unless you plan on getting naked,\

Chris Childs
03-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Why is this gay thread still up? Mods, you have failed me.

lefty
03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
A raper rapping...

http://image.com.com/mp3/images/genie_images/story/streetwatch/koberap.jpg

MajicMan
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Who cares about the rape jokes. If you respond to them people will just keep making them. Some people act like they are related to these players or something. Some of these cats are swimming in money and laughing at guys like T Park
http://c-avolio.com/uploaded_images/fat_guy.jpg
sitting at home typing "R A P I S T". Rape or not Kobe still gets more ass than all of us combined. I guess if it makes people feel better they can say whatever they want.

mavsfan1000
03-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Kobe raped someone. hahaha

MajicMan
03-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Kobe raped someone. hahaha
At least he's not gay like Dirk and the one being raped. Dirk=Golden State raped :lol

Obstructed_View
03-07-2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.xoospace.com/myspace/graphics/21102.jpg

MajicMan
03-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Where Obstructed View gets his rings
http://insite.neimanmarcus.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/12/crackerjack1998.jpg

ElNono
03-08-2008, 12:33 AM

You still talking? What's the problem, you can't read?
Let me repeat one more time: The criminal justice system in Colorado did not reach any conclusion. They would have if they tried Kobe and reached a veredict. That's how justice works. Instead, the charges against Kobe were dropped by the prosecutor because the star witness said she would not testify.

The only conclusion from the case is that Kobe won't be tried on rape allegations, because the prosecutor believes he would have a hard time winning the case without the bitch testimony. That's it.
Would the case have moved on, we would have found wether Kobe raped that chick or not, but since the case did not move on, we won't know (Not knowing is not the same as knowing he did not do it)

batboy
03-08-2008, 11:57 AM
You still talking? What's the problem, you can't read?
Let me repeat one more time: The criminal justice system in Colorado did not reach any conclusion. They would have if they tried Kobe and reached a veredict. That's how justice works. Instead, the charges against Kobe were dropped by the prosecutor because the star witness said she would not testify.

The only conclusion from the case is that Kobe won't be tried on rape allegations, because the prosecutor believes he would have a hard time winning the case without the bitch testimony. That's it.
Would the case have moved on, we would have found wether Kobe raped that chick or not, but since the case did not move on, we won't know (Not knowing is not the same as knowing he did not do it)

Presumption of innocence mean anything to you? I'd like to see you take the same position if you are ever accused of a felony under dubious circumstanced and have the case dismissed. Not that it matters to you, but the correct legal interpretation is that he is innocent of the charges and is not eligible to be tried for them again. Hence the dismissal is most certainly a "conclusion" to the case.

This exact nightmare could happen to anyone that has had sex with another person. Remember that the DA is an elected office so celebrities are especially vulnerable.

ElNono
03-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Presumption of innocence mean anything to you? I'd like to see you take the same position if you are ever accused of a felony under dubious circumstanced and have the case dismissed. Not that it matters to you, but the correct legal interpretation is that he is innocent of the charges and is not eligible to be tried for them again. Hence the dismissal is most certainly a "conclusion" to the case.

This exact nightmare could happen to anyone that has had sex with another person. Remember that the DA is an elected office so celebrities are especially vulnerable.

If there are dubious circumstances then you won't have a problem making a case where there's reasonable doubt, thus you walk away innocent and free, criminally. Further, when the civil case arises, you go all the way in order to get a public court verdict that clears up your name and explains why the plaintiff is a liar. You don't settle the case before it started and make the agreement secret. Especially if you are Kobe Bryant and 1) you have enough money to go through with it and 2) You know you're innocent and 3) It will be an indelible mark in your career.

Purple & Gold
03-08-2008, 06:49 PM
The Kobe hate is strong in here. Careful it will lead you down the darkside.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Where Obstructed View gets his rings
http://insite.neimanmarcus.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/12/crackerjack1998.jpg
Yeah, too bad I can't afford a three pound diamond so I can go rape girls when I fly out of town for one night.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2008, 10:12 AM
The Kobe hate is strong in here. Careful it will lead you down the darkside.
Yeah would hate to join him there. lol

batboy
03-09-2008, 04:12 PM
If there are dubious circumstances then you won't have a problem making a case where there's reasonable doubt, thus you walk away innocent and free, criminally.

OK now you just aren't even reading what you are quoting. Kobe did walk away innocent and free, criminally. That is your status after a dismissal of this kind. To imply guilt because the trial did not go to jury is absurd, and to come out and write that he is guilty would be slander.

ElNono
03-09-2008, 05:53 PM
OK now you just aren't even reading what you are quoting. Kobe did walk away innocent and free, criminally. That is your status after a dismissal of this kind. To imply guilt because the trial did not go to jury is absurd, and to come out and write that he is guilty would be slander.

That's not your status after a dismissal. Your status is you could be innocent or guilty. You just don't know. As a matter of fact, since he was not found not guilty by a jury and there's no standing verdict in the case, he *CAN* be tried again for this case. If the prosecutor finds new evidence, or the bitch decides she wants to talk, they can reopen and try him again on the same charges. This is unlikely, because I'm sure part of that civil case agreement calls for her to shut up. Now, there's nothing he could have done to avoid the prosecutor dropping the case. However, if he would have been interested in the truth to come out and cleaning up his name, he could have done just that in the civil case. It's much more risky in that venue though, because they don't deal with just 'without a doubt', but if there's any chance they think the woman was raped, he would be found guilty.
Still, we don't know what happened. He could be innocent. He could be guilty. But he is the only responsible person for casting that type of shadow on himself.

batboy
03-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Charges were pressed. The case was dismissed by the judge for failure of a key witness to come forward. Double jeopardy applies.

Innocent is Kobe's status both before and after the dismissal. Innocence is everyone's status until proven guilty. To imply otherwise is misanthropic and slanderous.

RonMexico
03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I think we should be lamenting the fact that Kobe had to rape an ugly white girl. That knee injury must have had him really depressed back then.

ElNono
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Charges were pressed. The case was dismissed by the judge for failure of a key witness to come forward. Double jeopardy applies.

"With jury selection under way, the criminal case was dropped late Wednesday by prosecutors who said the 20-year-old woman accusing Bryant of rape had decided not to participate."

Here's the link (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5861379/)

The case was dropped by the prosecution, not the judge, so double jeopardy does not apply. It took me 30 seconds to Google it up. Why don't you inform yourself before you keep looking like a fool?