PDA

View Full Version : If You Are A Mavs Fan Who Still Believes Role Call Thread!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
03-07-2008, 12:54 AM
DIRK NOWITZKI!!!!! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

Findog
03-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Believe in what? Still and always will be a fan, but excited? encouraged? Hell fuck no.

monosylab1k
03-07-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm still a believer, but if they lose one of the next five, I'll be praying for a quick death at the hands of the Spurs. I can take getting murdered in the 1st round if it's to the 2008 NBA Champions.

Findog
03-07-2008, 01:00 AM
If we lose one of the next five, I'll be praying for us to miss the playoffs so we can pick up a lottery player. That pick was sent to Jersey, but I believe it's lottery-protected.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Believe in what? Still and always will be a fan, but excited? encouraged? Hell fuck no.

Believe in this fucking team! Having faith in them when things are at a crisis point in the season! Until we are offically eliminated, I am not quiting on this team. I dont see any reason to. NOW COMON HAVE FAITH AND SAY IT WITH ME BROTHER: LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! GET THAT BLOOD FLOWING AND THAT ADRENALINE PUMPING THROUGH YOUR BODY!

monosylab1k
03-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Having faith in them when things are at a crisis point in the season!
The Mavs have been in crisis mode for almost a month now. They made a big trade and nothing has changed. The playoffs started tonight and they shit the bed in a huge way.

Matchman
03-07-2008, 01:06 AM
If we didnt lose faith when we lost yao, you guys shouldnt lose it either when you have a healthy team still trying to adjust

Findog
03-07-2008, 01:18 AM
If we didnt lose faith when we lost yao, you guys shouldnt lose it either when you have a healthy team still trying to adjust

You guys are playing with heart and fire, we're not. Zeke wouldn't let his teammates feel sorry for themselves but demanded maximum effort.

dav4463
03-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Give up. It's better than getting your hopes up and then choking in the playoffs like all other Dallas teams. Jump on the Spurs or Rockets bandwagon. You will still be rooting for a Texas team and it will be one that has actually won something before. :clap

Findog
03-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Believe in this fucking team! Having faith in them when things are at a crisis point in the season! Until we are offically eliminated, I am not quiting on this team. I dont see any reason to. NOW COMON HAVE FAITH AND SAY IT WITH ME BROTHER: LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! GET THAT BLOOD FLOWING AND THAT ADRENALINE PUMPING THROUGH YOUR BODY!

If the team had your amount of enthusiasm and heart, they would've given the Rockets a battle tonight, instead of laying down meekly. What's the excuse for that? It pisses me off as a fan when it seems like I care more than they do.

Brandon Bass
03-07-2008, 09:14 AM
I believe!

what are we talking about?

sribb43
03-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Believe in mediocraty? Sure why not

hater
03-07-2008, 09:55 AM
damn I don't like this. Dallas is suppossed to choke in the playoffs not in regular season.

LEONARD
03-07-2008, 10:09 AM
The Mavs will be fine...they had their toughest stretch while trying to work Kidd in...

They have a good stretch now...they'll get it going and build for the stretch run.

Rockets will go 5-4 over their next 9 at best...

stretch
03-07-2008, 10:13 AM
It's very hard to have faith in these guys right now, but I'm still here, and I think they will get it together soon. They will likely be a very low seed, but as long as they start rolling just before the playoffs start, they will be good.

jmard5
03-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm still a believer, but if they lose one of the next five, I'll be praying for a quick death at the hands of the Spurs. I can take getting murdered in the 1st round if it's to the 2008 NBA Champions.

:lol That made my day.

SAGambler
03-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I admit I thought that once Yao went down, the Rockets season was over. But after watching them dismantle Dallas last night, I think they are still for real. And officially one of the "I do not want to play early in the playoffs" teams.

Now, I realize Dallas was without Dirk, but I'm not sure he would have made a hell of a lot of difference in the outcome of that game.

hater
03-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Scola looms!!!

Findog
03-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Dirk would've made a difference, but not a 20-point difference.

ratm1221
03-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I was and still am against the Kidd trade, but I still have the faith that this team can still win at least one series in the playoffs. They better make a good move or two in the offseason.

MoSpur
03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Dallas has time to get it together still. I still think they'd be better off with Harris. No that Harris is better than Kidd. Just that he fits better. That's just my opinion. Houston looks good. I hope T-Mac stays healthy though. He is one of my favorite all time.

Indazone
03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Now that would be funny. Rockets and Scola meet the Spurs in the playoffs. With the current standings, that would be like a Western Conf Semi-Final or Final game.

ratm1221
03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Now that would be funny. Rockets and Scola meet the Spurs in the playoffs. With the current standings, that would be like a Western Conf Semi-Final or Final game.

So you are making the bold prediction that Houston is going to make it out of the first round finally? :lol :lol

clambake
03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
i still have faith!!! (but just in case, who should we get to write the obituary?)

pussyface
03-07-2008, 03:41 PM
im not worried.
...my only concern is the player's fragile psyche.
as long as they dont get down (and they dont appear to be) i think this team can be as good as any except for the Lakers.

Lakers + Bynum are the only team i'd give a real edge to in a 7-game series by the time this season is done

Dirk Nowitzki
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I just know it's going to be different this time around for the Mavs. They are have had great regular seasons and sour endings. Now we have a sour regular season but will have a sweet ending in the playoffs this year as we win the 2008 championship. I believe with all my heart more than ever that this is the fucking year the Mavs bring the NBA title to Big D!

Findog
03-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, this team is at a crossroads. They can pack it up and fold, like they've done before, and like their critics and other fanbases are gleefully expecting them to do, or they can use the next five games to get some continuity and chemistry going before that tough stretch that starts with the Lakers at home. As mono said, the next 12 games are going to define this team. It's nut-cutting time. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to circle the drain, and I wouldn't be surprised if they rallied and started turning it around. We're going to find out.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-21-2008, 01:52 AM
BUMP!

DIRK NOWITZKI STILL FUCKING BELIEVES! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

monosylab1k
03-21-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm out.

Either fire the coach and give this thing one more try next season, or just start the rebuilding process early.

BUMP
03-21-2008, 09:19 AM
BUMP!

DIRK NOWITZKI STILL FUCKING BELIEVES! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

BUMP WILL NEVER STOP BELIEVING! :clap :clap :elephant :elephant

sribb43
03-21-2008, 09:52 AM
i love my team bc we have Dirk and J-Kidd....
i dont believe in my team bc we have Avery as coach

stretch
03-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I still believe. It's not easy, but there is something about this team that I can't help but like... they are missing something, but once they figure out what it is, I think they will be unstoppable.

Killakobe81
03-21-2008, 12:34 PM
who are they beating in a playoff series seriously?! Maybe houston that's it ...

mavs>spurs2
03-21-2008, 12:37 PM
who are they beating in a playoff series seriously?! Maybe houston that's it ...

If they get their shit together they can beat anyone. If not, yea you're probably right Houston is the only team we can beat in a 7 game series.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-21-2008, 04:19 PM
I still believe. It's not easy, but there is something about this team that I can't help but like... they are missing something, but once they figure out what it is, I think they will be unstoppable.

Thats what I have been saying stretch. They have something in them and I feel all this crap is paving the way for it.

Findog
03-21-2008, 04:27 PM
This team up to this point just can't put it completely together. They're thisclose, but they can't do it. When they are clicking on all cylinders offensively, they can't get stops. When they put together a good defensive effort, they struggle to put the ball in the basket themselves. If they played up to their full potential, they could beat anybody, but I don't see that happening.

I agree that Avery has to go, but that shouldn't be seen as the magical elixir for turning this thing around.

Findog
03-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Step 1: Replace Avery with a veteran coach that won't micromanage and isn't afraid to exercise common sense.

Step 2: Trade Josh Howard and his low basketball IQ for a low-post scorer. I love Josh, but athletic swingmen are a bit easier to come by that guys that can score in the paint.

Step 3: See what you can be done about ridding yourselves of JET's contract. I'd only move Dampier if there is a backup plan in place for getting a center who can play defense. I like Stack, but only in small doses. There's a lot that he can no longer do, but he has heart and he still competes out there.

Step 4: Resign Lue or acquire a serviceable backup for Kidd.

Step 5: No more dinosaurs like Juwan Howard or Eddie Jones. I'd like to see us get some athletes that can run the floor with Kidd - Mikael Pietrius comes to mind.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Step 2: Trade Josh Howard and his low basketball IQ for a low-post scorer. I love Josh, but athletic swingmen are a bit easier to come by that guys that can score in the paint.
First player that came to mind was Elton Brand. Willing to do that?

Findog
03-21-2008, 04:42 PM
First player that came to mind was Elton Brand. Willing to do that?

Oh holy fuck yes but I don't know how they could make the numbers work, it would have to be a sign and trade. Rumor is that he wants to go to South Beach to play with Wade, Marion and the top four pick.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh holy fuck yes but I don't know how they could make the numbers work, it would have to be a sign and trade. Rumor is that he wants to go to South Beach to play with Wade, Marion and the top four pick.
Some scenarios that I just made:

Terry + Stackhouse for Brand + Knight
Terry + Stackhouse + Howard for Brand + Mobley
Dampier + Howard + 1st rounder for Brand + Knight + A. Williams + Ross

Findog
03-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Some scenarios that I just made:

Terry + Stackhouse for Brand + Knight
Terry + Stackhouse + Howard for Brand + Mobley
Dampier + Howard + 1st rounder for Brand + Knight + A. Williams + Ross

Yeah, I don't know that the Clippers would take Terry and Stack's contracts. Dallas is going to have a hard time turning those assets into something else.

LEONARD
03-21-2008, 05:01 PM
believe Mother Fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Step 4: Resign Lue or acquire a serviceable backup for Kidd.
Tyronn Lue
Sam Cassell
Earl Boykins
Beno Udrih
Anthony Carter
Louis Williams
Jannero Pargo
Ramon Sessions
Sebastian Telfair

Findog
03-21-2008, 05:27 PM
There's no point in signing a young PG who has shown some promise as long as Avery is still the coach, so that rules out Beno. He's done well in Sacto.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-27-2008, 11:52 PM
BUMP!

DIRK NOWITZKI IS THE LAST STANDING MAVS FAN WHO STILL FUCKING BELIEVES!! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

mystargtr34
03-27-2008, 11:56 PM
:lol

nickdakoolkat
03-28-2008, 12:16 AM
i love my team bc we have Dirk and J-Kidd....
i dont believe in my team bc we have Avery as coach

Isnt this the same coach whose balls all the Mavs fans were sucking last year....

Findog
03-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Isnt this the same coach whose balls all the Mavs fans were sucking last year....

Avery hasn't gotten a teabagging since about G3 of the Finals.

Tike Mailer
03-28-2008, 01:27 AM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper691/stills/vse63yiq.jpg

I still believe. Bitches.

Trainwreck2100
03-28-2008, 01:28 AM
^^you picked a good time to skip town

Dirk Nowitzki
04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
BUMP! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant

DIRK NOWITZKI!!!