PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Bonner Claims His Revenge

duncan228
03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I wasn't sure if this should go in the Harrison thread.
Please merge if I screwed up. :)

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/03/jeff_mcdonald_b_9.html

Jeff McDonald: Bonner claims his revenge

A day after flipping out at Spurs forward Matt Bonner -- and, apparently, taking out his frustrations on the visiting locker room at the AT&T Center -- Indiana Pacers center David Harrison has been suspended for one game. The Pacers announced the club-imposed punishment Friday morning, citing the ubiquitous "conduct detrimental to the team."

It comes after Harrison was hit with a technical foul during the Spurs' 108-97 victory Thursday night, during which Harrison threatened conduct detrimental to Bonner.

Bonner had just elbowed Harrison in face on a drive to the basket late in the blowout, a move that couldn't have been on purpose (Bonner's just not that smooth). Bonner was whistled for an offensive foul on the play. Still, Harrison, being Harrison, freaked out. At the next dead ball, he informed the referees of his intention to "(expletive) kill" Bonner.

The official t'ed Harrison up, which teed off Pacers coach Jim O'Brien. O'Brien immediately jerked Harrison from the game.

"You shouldn't get technical fouls if you're David Harrison," O'Brien said later.

All of this happened with about 25 seconds to go in the game. Dispatched to the bench, Harrison continued to stare at Bonner and make menacing gestures while teammate Jamaal Tinsley tried to calm him down (Note to Harrison: When Jamaal Tinsley is the voice of reason in your life, it might be time to re-evaluate things).

Before the final horn sounded, somebody convinced Harrison to return to the locker room where, according to a report in the Indianapolis Star, Harrison took it upon himself to remodel the place.

Bonner being Bonner, he was oblivious to the whole thing. Informed afterward that Harrison had threatened to kill him, Bonner looked shocked.

"You only get a techincal for that?" he said. "Will Ferrell got ejected for that in 'Semi-Pro.' "

Sadly, life did not imitate art in this instance. Though it would be fun to see Harrison try and wrestle a bear.

angel_luv
03-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Bonner being Bonner, he was oblivious to the whole thing. Informed afterward that Harrison had threatened to kill him, Bonner looked shocked.

"You only get a techincal for that?" he said. "Will Ferrell got ejected for that in 'Semi-Pro.' "

Matt's a wicked awesome guy. :)

batboy
03-07-2008, 04:54 PM
(Note to Harrison: When Jamaal Tinsley is the voice of reason in your life, it might be time to re-evaluate things).

:rofl

ancestron
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
He trashed the visitors locker room? What an ass.

I hope he gets fined by the League in addition to his team suspension.

spurscenter
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
video

spursrocksocks
03-07-2008, 05:14 PM
He should be made to fix the damage himself while on the tv and get a fine from the league

T Park
03-07-2008, 05:54 PM
He should be made to fix the damage himself while on the tv and get a fine from the league

Yeah the union would let that fly..

shelshor
03-07-2008, 06:13 PM
"You shouldn't get technical fouls if you're David Harrison," O'Brien said later.

I guess that helps explains why Obie has been such a success everywhere he's coached

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Good job McDonald, give Harrison more cause for his irrational vendetta against Bonner. Luckily, I doubt he'll come across the article.

I don't know about anyone else, but Harrison dude's actions seem kinda creepy. Trashed the lockerroom really? Why is this guy in the NBA? He needs to be heavily medicated.

BonnerDynasty
03-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Bonner. For the love of christ. Grow your beard man. You won't keep getting punkd by these fools if you do.

m33p0
03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
had harrison came after bonner, he'd be in a hospital by now. they don't call him the red rocket for nuthin.

timvp
03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Usually I'd say Bonner could handle his own but I don't know about Bigfoot Harrison's son.

Chris
03-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Harrisson's got that creepy "i'm gonna go fucking apeshit" Ron Artest look in his eyes. Dude's a loose cannon.

gameFACE
03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Harrison, Artest and Rasheed could make up the All Short Fuse Team

JohnnySixString
03-07-2008, 08:33 PM
:smokin Someone needs to give Harrison a big fattie to calm him down.

ancestron
03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Bonner. For the love of christ. Grow your beard man. You won't keep getting punkd by these fools if you do.

come on man Bonner didn't get punkd. Bonner used his Jedi mind shit on Harrison and dude had a meltdown and got suspended from his team.

I do agree with the beard sentiment, though.

freemeat
03-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Wait a sec...just came across this for the first time...

Someone threatened to KILL Bonner? Seriously? He used to ride the fucking E-train to practice and games! I think he's still working on his pottery merit badge, for christ's sake! He helps old ladies cross the street. The meanest thing about Matt Bonner is his recipe for potato salad!

AFBlue
03-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Matt's a wicked awesome guy. :)

:lol

Not sure if you meant to allude to his New England upbringing....but that was good!

Or should I say....wicked nice.