PDA

View Full Version : D'antoni's latest meltdown - video

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Here is Mike D'antoni's latest rant/tirade/meltdown (see the video on the top right):

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0307sunsnb0307.html

TheNextGen
03-07-2008, 07:58 PM
lol

Chris
03-07-2008, 07:59 PM
video doesn't work homey

m33p0
03-07-2008, 08:00 PM
"How do you explain it? I can't explain it," D'Antoni said. "J.R. Smith, I don't care how good a shooter you are. Six for eight, backing-up threes . . . You got to give them credit. Somehow they have a mind-set (that they can score). Maybe it's the pace of the game. We'll look at everything."
No shit, Sherlock.

"For whatever reason we just don't have a very good collective energy on defense."
Bingo!

Findog
03-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Dude's under a lot of pressure. The NBA is a stressful place even in the best of times, and the Suns are not meeting expectations.

Chris
03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
mav fan echo in here

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Here's a great article on D'antoni and his bench use: http://www.ktar.com/sports/?nid=21&sid=755815

RonMexico
03-07-2008, 09:51 PM
His rant is ridiculous.

Who cares if Chris Paul is playing 40 minutes per game? He's 23 and Steve Nash is 35. Popovich plays his starters (Tony Parker included) about 30 minutes per game... and guess what Mike? They're the defending champs, so I would adjust my strategy to model them and not New Orleans. All he's saying is that he doesn't trust his bench to hold down the fort for an extra 8 minutes per game than he does now. All that's saying to me: he doesn't know how to make adjustments - plain and simple.

RonMexico
03-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Doug Franz makes excellent points.

D'Antoni's rotations and offensive sets have become predictable. What I don't understand is that with Shaq, D'Antoni says we can still run, but then with Skinner, he says the team will be too slow.

That makes no sense on so many levels: #1 - Skinner can run better than Shaq; he can rebound and throw the outlet pass just as well and he can play better defense than Diaw. #2 - Why play Shaq 30 mins per game? Play him 24 and keep him fresh for the PO's... also keep Skinner fresh in the event that Shaq gets into foul trouble. #3 - Why keep playing Raja Bell 37 minutes per game? Keep him and Strawberry fresh for the PO's and give DJ a chance to hone his skills on both ends of the court. He's played great D on big-named players so far this year. Also, I know Raja is a proud guy, but I read in 7 Seconds or Less that he prefers winning above all else.

And no, Mike, we're not asking you to play DJ over Steve... we're asking you to play him in conjunction with Barbosa, who is still not a good backup PG.

BonnerDynasty
03-07-2008, 10:33 PM
WTF won't this video work for me...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-08-2008, 05:01 PM
:lol

Dude s stressed out

...hope the Spurs rip their hearts out tomorrow

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-08-2008, 05:05 PM
well said!!! Dantoni is such a bad coach that I think a lot of people on this message board can coach better than him!
Problem is, D'antoni coaches like a fan, I don't understand why he doesn't try to do a better job managing his rotations better.
He keeps his key players in like it's a video game. Ignores half of the other roster because their ratings aren't as high. Literally regards them as "noobs" and "scrubs".

SpursDynasty
03-08-2008, 05:18 PM
I think D'Antoni is right that some teams that are not supposed to win, come out all confident and try to start shooting some shots.

Jeremy
03-08-2008, 09:57 PM
And no, Mike, we're not asking you to play DJ over Steve... we're asking you to play him in conjunction with Barbosa, who is still not a good backup PG.

EXACTLY! What will it take to convince D'antoni that Barbosa cannot play the PG spot?! He does terribly at it. DJ would be MUCH better as a ROOKIE.

D'antoni also said:

“People have issues with Leandro and Boris?” he asked. “L.B. was the Sixth Man of the Year last year. If you’re a starter and a main contributor on this team, you’re going to play 30-35 minutes. But I guess you’re supposed to play them 25 minutes and let the 12th man play? It’s not going to work.”

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_notes_080308.html

No, we don't have issues with Barbosa. We have issues with Barbosa playing PG instead of SG!