PDA

View Full Version : lakers over celtics?

td4mvp3
03-07-2008, 09:04 PM
i'm surprised at how many folks pick l.a. to win it all, especially while watching the celtics play the bulls. granted, the bulls apparently can't catch a pass or execute a bounce pass, but with kg, allen and pierce doing their thing and the other players actually pretty good, i'm surprised.

DazedAndConfused
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Without Bynum the Lakers are nothing more than a 2nd tier WC team. They would have NO chance against the Celtics, Spurs, or Pistons.

MajicMan
03-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Without Bynum the Lakers are nothing more than a 2nd tier WC team. They would have NO chance against the Celtics, Spurs, or Pistons.
Kill yourself. We're playing without Bynum and Ariza and we're the second best team in the West record wise. Yeah, our defense sucks but saying we're a second tier team without Byum is horseshit. Styles make match ups and we don't match up very well with Boston or the Spurs but to discount your own team like that especially from you (a known Homer) is surprising.

icem
03-08-2008, 12:29 AM
well no one has seen the lakers with gasol and bynum on the floor, obviously, but as is the celtics would probably sweep the lakers. their defense is that good, and they just cannot contain ray allen and paul pierce. ray allen always plays well against kobe, and pierce is simply too strong for him. kobe can be limited with their defense, and others can be completely shutdown, as we have seen in their two meetings this year.

TheNextGen
03-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Lakers got Mbenga...they will win it all

Medvedenko
03-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Lakers without Bynum and Ariza won't win this year unless Kobe goes nuts.

MajicMan
03-08-2008, 01:13 AM
well no one has seen the lakers with gasol and bynum on the floor, obviously, but as is the celtics would probably sweep the lakers. their defense is that good, and they just cannot contain ray allen and paul pierce. ray allen always plays well against kobe, and pierce is simply too strong for him. kobe can be limited with their defense, and others can be completely shutdown, as we have seen in their two meetings this year.
Umm, shut the fuck up Miss Cleo.

DazedAndConfused
03-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Bynum and Gasol are going to work just fine. Their skill sets are so complementary towards one another, and Pau himself prefers playing PF to C.

21_Blessings
03-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Thats because the Lakers are currently the best team in the toughest conference in NBA history.

2nd tier team without Bynum my ass. Maybe thats why the Lakers are destroying teams by an average of 14 points a game since Kwame departed. People keep underestimating the Lakers and the best player in basketball. How quaint.

jacobdrj
03-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Right now, W/O Bynum, I'd take LA slightly over Boston. W/Bynum... It isn't even close. Only guys who can challenge are the Spurs... and they just have to avoid a monumental collapse for that to happen...