PDA

View Full Version : Suns playing best half of ball since trade

BillsCarnage
03-07-2008, 10:17 PM
They're looking excellent right now against the Jazz. Let's see if they can keep it up for 48min.

ducks
03-07-2008, 10:20 PM
it is the jazz and the suns know this 5 game homestand could make or break their season

they play the jazz then spurs on sunday

ducks
03-07-2008, 10:21 PM
jazz play no d on road and when they do refs ..

Indazone
No defense on either side of the ball

lefty
:sleep

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't say they're excellent. They're still not playing good defense. If they could have just gotten a few stops they would be winning big at halftime.

ducks
03-07-2008, 10:23 PM
boozer has seen very limited action thanks to the 3 very quick fouls

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 10:24 PM
At least they've gotten Boozer, Millsap, and Korver into foul trouble, though. Boozer with 4 points and 1 rebound at the half.

mavsfan1000
03-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Jazz suck on the road. I wouldn't put too much into this performance.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I think we had a better first half at Portland (a good home team)--and we were doing it on both ends of the floor then.

jay014
03-07-2008, 10:27 PM
They're looking excellent right now against the Jazz. Let's see if they can keep it up for 48min.
Trying to pump up other Suns fans.So your tellin' me there's a chance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTSi6Zd0vgg)

BillsCarnage
03-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't say they're excellent. They're still not playing good defense. If they could have just gotten a few stops they would be winning big at halftime.

Okur and Williams have kept the Jazz in the game. Overall they're playing with more energy and hustle.

BillsCarnage
03-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I think we had a better first half at Portland (a good home team)--and we were doing it on both ends of the floor then.

Blazers are going through a horrible stretch right now and that was the second best half of ball the Suns have played, but they darn near coughed it up in the second half.

Bad road record or not, the Jazz are a better team than Portland. The offense has been more fluid this game and aside from some bad D by Amare and Shaq at times the rotations have been better overall.

Indazone
03-07-2008, 10:48 PM
These guys are playing hard. It feels like a Playoff Game.

ratm1221
03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
These guys are playing hard. It feels like a Playoff Game.
Glad you finally changed your homosexual avatar. It's still gay, but not quite AS gay.

Hank the Tank
03-07-2008, 11:11 PM
good game goin on here.

Indazone
03-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Glad you finally changed your homosexual avatar. It's still gay, but not quite AS gay.

I got tired of the Human Torch. So I put T-Mac up. Guess it's still a torch in the eyes of any Mavs or Spurs fans LOL.

Hank the Tank
03-07-2008, 11:31 PM
stupid to have shaq out there.

i make them when they count.

Indazone
03-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I hate the Jazz. Luckiest and dirtiest team in the NBA

Indazone
03-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Boozer charges with 20 sec...how stupid is that.

Indazone
03-07-2008, 11:38 PM
looks like the Suns lose again. Mental mistakes down the stretch.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2008, 11:41 PM
ouch

CubanMustGo
03-07-2008, 11:42 PM
What did the Suns give up, like 41 points in the fourth quarter? Sheesh

lefty
03-07-2008, 11:43 PM
BillsCarnage, nice try :lmao

Mr. Body
03-07-2008, 11:46 PM

Nope.

Findog
03-07-2008, 11:47 PM
It doesn't get any easier for the Suns. They still have a lot of tough games left on their schedule.

Medvedenko
03-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Yikes.....

mavsfan1000
03-07-2008, 11:49 PM
:lol

Amarelooms
03-07-2008, 11:50 PM
The Spurs better beat the freakin Nuggets

Xylus
03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
The best half of ball since the trade occurred in the 1st half of the Blazers game. They didn't play any defense this entire game. Williams got anything he wanted all night, and they sent Korver to the line like 15 times in the 4th quarter.

td4mvp21
03-08-2008, 12:00 AM
It's really weird to see Phoenix and even Dallas playing bad this late in the season and seeing them low in the standings. I'm not going to say I hate it but it's just weird to see that. As long as they both start playing better and manage to slide up in the standings to the 5th and 6th seeds, I think they can make it to the second round. I think either ones' best bet to get out of the first round is to play the Jazz or the Hornets.

Findog
03-08-2008, 12:06 AM
It's really weird to see Phoenix and even Dallas playing bad this late in the season and seeing them low in the standings. I'm not going to say I hate it but it's just weird to see that. As long as they both start playing better and manage to slide up in the standings to the 5th and 6th seeds, I think they can make it to the second round. I think either ones' best bet to get out of the first round is to play the Jazz or the Hornets.

Neither Phoenix or Dallas is beating Utah without HCA.

Amarelooms
03-08-2008, 12:07 AM

Mavs best shot is to play the Spurs...without a doubt. I hope the Spurs get the 2nd seed and the Mavs get the 7th :elephant

BillsCarnage
03-08-2008, 12:09 AM
The best half of ball since the trade occurred in the 1st half of the Blazers game. They didn't play any defense this entire game. Williams got anything he wanted all night, and they sent Korver to the line like 15 times in the 4th quarter.

I'd disagree on the half as already stated.. Jazz are a better team, but that's neither here nor there now.

Suns were outscored by 19 the last 12:30 of the game. Doesn't matter who you play when you're outscored by 17 in a quarter, especially the 4th.

Don Quixote
03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
To Phoenix Suns fans ...

As loath as I am to kick somebody when they're down, but ...

Dang, your team sucks! I was hoping that your team would still be good after the trade. I was looking forward to the Silver & Black sending them home again in the playoffs. But at this rate, there won't be a playoffs in Arizona this year. It's not even fun talking smack with you guys right now. It used to be a hoot going to Sons message boards and seeing them cook up conspiracy theories and excuses as to why the Spurs would beat them every year. But now, they're just quiet -- they know their team bites. And that's no fun for any of us.

So, for the sake of all that is fun, here's to hoping that the Ringless Wonders of Phoenix get it together and make the playoffs.

TheNextGen
03-08-2008, 12:39 AM
I'd like to Thank Mitch Kupchak for initiating the downfall of the Suns and Mavs.

Medvedenko
03-08-2008, 01:13 AM
I'd like to Thank Mitch Kupchak for initiating the downfall of the Suns and Mavs.

Yup you're right....it sure looks that way.

td4mvp21
03-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Mavs best shot is to play the Spurs...without a doubt. I hope the Spurs get the 2nd seed and the Mavs get the 7th :elephant

You better be hoping the Mavs make the playoffs before you worry about what seed they will get.

Findog
03-08-2008, 01:40 AM
It doesn't look good for the Mavs so far with Kidd, but the Alabama Hot Pocket against Houston last night aside, they've looked a lot better than Phoenix has and against a tougher schedule.

Extra Stout
03-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Suns fans can look forward to discussing who their team is going to draft with the 14th pick.

Extra Stout
03-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Does the decline and fall of the Phoenix Suns qualify as a Greek tragedy?

JamStone
03-08-2008, 01:46 AM

No shit, huh.

I thought the Suns dumping Marion was actually a good thing. I didn't see them struggling this much with Shaq. I guess there's still time to get it together. But damn they have not gotten it together with Shaq yet.

TheNextGen
03-08-2008, 02:14 AM
No shit, huh.

I thought the Suns dumping Marion was actually a good thing. I didn't see them struggling this much with Shaq. I guess there's still time to get it together. But damn they have not gotten it together with Shaq yet.

IMO..dumping Marion was a good thing...BUT NOT FOR AN OLD FAT ASS.

Findog
03-08-2008, 02:16 AM
No shit, huh.

The Mavs aren't losing because the Kidd trade was a fatal mistake. Chris Paul hung 25 and 16 on Devin Harris tonight. He hung 33 and 12 on Devin back in December when Devin was wearing blue and white. Deron Williams put 17 and 20 assists on us on Monday, but he got 41 points on Devin in December. And I notice DeSagana Diop could only get 11 minutes of burn when the Hornets have Tyson Chandler (an offensive threat with Paul feeding him) and David West.

We're losing because Josh Howard is A) not 100% because of a back injury and B) dealing with some personal shit off the court. His performance has gotten so bad that most of the people around the team feel Dallas is better off shutting him down so he can get right physically and mentally because he's hurting his team by playing. That's taking into account that Dallas needs to start getting some W's and putting some distance between themselves and the Warriors/Nuggets. They made that trade thinking they were getting a "Big Three" of Dirk, Howard and Kidd, but right now they're only a two-man team. And with Howard playing the worst ball of his five-year career, they gave the Lakers and Spurs everything they could handle on the road.

We laid a giant turd last night against Houston, but we're better than that. I'm certainly not going to lay money that we'll go on to win a title, but this team isn't going out meekly.

MajicMan
03-08-2008, 02:34 AM
This thread fails miserably

dg7md
03-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Suns looking like they want to get an early vacation.

Kamnik
03-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Suns fans can look forward to discussing who their team is going to draft with the 14th pick.
:lol :toast

ElNono
03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Suns are done. But the problem is not bringing Shaq over. The problem is a phony coach that you knew, when the trade was made, that he would not give up his running up-tempo game. And Shaq simply does not fit in that game plan. IMHO, they will keep struggling while D'Antoni is at the helm there.

We born to be bad
03-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Suns are done. But the problem is not bringing Shaq over. The problem is a phony coach that you knew, when the trade was made, that he would not give up his running up-tempo game. And Shaq simply does not fit in that game plan. IMHO, they will keep struggling while D'Antoni is at the helm there.

i agree about Mike.i don't know why but the Suns systems doesn't work. so bad.

AZLouis
03-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Suns fans can look forward to discussing who their team is going to sell the 14th pick to.

FTFY

LazinessThievery
03-08-2008, 10:53 AM
The Mavs aren't losing because the Kidd trade was a fatal mistake. Chris Paul hung 25 and 16 on Devin Harris tonight. He hung 33 and 12 on Devin back in December when Devin was wearing blue and white. Deron Williams put 17 and 20 assists on us on Monday, but he got 41 points on Devin in December. And I notice DeSagana Diop could only get 11 minutes of burn when the Hornets have Tyson Chandler (an offensive threat with Paul feeding him) and David West.

We're losing because Josh Howard is A) not 100% because of a back injury and B) dealing with some personal shit off the court. His performance has gotten so bad that most of the people around the team feel Dallas is better off shutting him down so he can get right physically and mentally because he's hurting his team by playing. That's taking into account that Dallas needs to start getting some W's and putting some distance between themselves and the Warriors/Nuggets. They made that trade thinking they were getting a "Big Three" of Dirk, Howard and Kidd, but right now they're only a two-man team. And with Howard playing the worst ball of his five-year career, they gave the Lakers and Spurs everything they could handle on the road.

We laid a giant turd last night against Houston, but we're better than that. I'm certainly not going to lay money that we'll go on to win a title, but this team isn't going out meekly.

How lame.

DAL with Kidd = 4-5, averaging 100 ppg given up
DAL with Harris = 30-13, averaging 96 ppg given up
DAL with Harris out and Terry starting at PG = 5-5

DAL's D and W-L is worse with Kidd than it was with Harris, but hey, just conveniently ignore that.

As for the pathetic excuse about about Howard's back, Yao isn't just injured, he has been OUT for 5 games yet the Rockets are 5-0 without him and were 12-0 before he went down so THEY DIDN'T MISS A BEAT when he went down, they nutted up and kept going. Bynum isn't just injured, he has been OUT since mid-January, yet the Lakers are 19-7 since he went down including going 16-2 since the start of Feb., and went 11-1 in the 12 games before he went down, so they stumbled a bit after he went down but then they nutted up and got back on track. Yet somehow the Mavs can use Howard having a back injury as a legitimate excuse for going 4-5 the last 9 games. Right.

And funny how Mavs fans make excuses when things aren't going their way, e.g. "Oh the refs/commissioner/God/your mom are conspiring against us", "Oh but our so and so player has been playing injured", "Oh Bruce Bowen is such a bully" (said with a limp wrist), or "Oh my vulva."

It's never, "We choked big-time in the finals two years ago, and last year in the 1st-round, we admit it," or "Who cares if Bowen plays physical against us, we need to stop crying like little pansies about it and take it," or "Who cares if we've got someone injured, the rest of the guys need to step up. We're a veteran team," or "The Kidd trade sucked, we admit it." It's never owning up and taking responsibility for how things are going. It's always someone else's fault. From the owner down to the players down to its fans, DAL is the spoiled little brat of the NBA, whining and making excuses whenever something doesn't go the Mavs' way. Pathetic.

monosylab1k
03-08-2008, 11:21 AM
How lame.

DAL with Kidd = 4-5, averaging 100 ppg given up
DAL with Harris = 30-13, averaging 96 ppg given up
DAL with Harris out and Terry starting at PG = 5-5

DAL's D and W-L is worse with Kidd than it was with Harris, but hey, just conveniently ignore that.

As for the pathetic excuse about about Howard's back, Yao isn't just injured, he has been OUT for 5 games yet the Rockets are 5-0 without him and were 12-0 before he went down so THEY DIDN'T MISS A BEAT when he went down, they nutted up and kept going. Bynum isn't just injured, he has been OUT since mid-January, yet the Lakers are 19-7 since he went down including going 16-2 since the start of Feb., and went 11-1 in the 12 games before he went down, so they stumbled a bit after he went down but then they nutted up and got back on track. Yet somehow the Mavs can use Howard having a back injury as a legitimate excuse for going 4-5 the last 9 games. Right.

And funny how Mavs fans make excuses when things aren't going their way, e.g. "Oh the refs/commissioner/God/your mom are conspiring against us", "Oh but our so and so player has been playing injured", "Oh Bruce Bowen is such a bully" (said with a limp wrist), or "Oh my vulva."

It's never, "We choked big-time in the finals two years ago, and last year in the 1st-round, we admit it," or "Who cares if Bowen plays physical against us, we need to stop crying like little pansies about it and take it," or "Who cares if we've got someone injured, the rest of the guys need to step up. We're a veteran team," or "The Kidd trade sucked, we admit it." It's never owning up and taking responsibility for how things are going. It's always someone else's fault. From the owner down to the players down to its fans, DAL is the spoiled little brat of the NBA, whining and making excuses whenever something doesn't go the Mavs' way. Pathetic.
Hi Suns fan.

RonMexico
03-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Loss is on D'Antoni

himat
03-08-2008, 11:25 AM

:toast

1Parker1
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Get Rick Carlisle!!! :)

DaDakota
03-08-2008, 12:04 PM
The problem is bringing Shaq over, you took away someone for Nash to pass to and added a big plodding center.

Steve Kerr screwed the pooch.

The Suns were one "Amare leaving the bench" away from winning it all last year....why screw that up.

Just mind boggling.

DD

mattb_25
03-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow, not only are the Mavs losing because JHo is playing like he should be coming off the bench for a D-League team, but the whole team aside Dirk and Kidd are playing like a bunch of no heart pussies.. Not only that but Avery is sure doing a good job of trying to use Jet, Jho, and George as our PG and let them bring the ball up instead of our TRUE pg... The whole thing is a mess.

endrity
03-08-2008, 12:23 PM
The problem is bringing Shaq over, you took away someone for Nash to pass to and added a big plodding center.

Steve Kerr screwed the pooch.

The Suns were one "Amare leaving the bench" away from winning it all last year....why screw that up.

Just mind boggling.

DD

The Suns were 2-3 with Amare in the series. How can you say that it cost them the championship. I have yet to see Phx ever feel comfortable playing the Spurs, and it wasn't happening last year either.

I think we all owe an apology to Marion. A head case he might have been, but clearely his importance to the Suns system was much much bigger than Amare's.

If you look at how Amare has scored most of his points throughout the Nash era, it's not difficult to imagine that some other elite big men like Duncan, Nowitzki, KG, Bosh, D.Howard and probably Brand, Al Jefferson could have had the same success. Clearely Amare is the best finisher of the group, but with all that spacing that the Suns system gave to him as well as the precise passes from Nash I think all those guys could have scored the way Amare has. I mean, Diaw looked Amare-ish during the 06 playoffs because he was given all of Amare's touches.

On the other hand can you give me one guy that plays like Marion in this league? I would be tempted to say Josh Howard during his best days, but they still have differences to their games. Maybe Kirilenko, but he is not as good of an outside shooter or runner as Marion is. Marion is truly an unique player and he fit perfectly in what the Suns were doing.

It really seems that Marion and Nash were the keys to the system. Now one is gone, the other has the space he needs taken away not only from another big man, but from a plodding and amazingly big man, and he is not as effective as used to be.

If all of this is correct, allow me one final opinion. This to me proves that in no way did Nash deserve the MVP of 2006. The media gave it to him, because they thought the Suns were going to suffer without Amare. They gave it to him, becase the media itself made a wrong prediction. Today we know that:
1. Nash and Marion were the keys to the system, Amare was not. As we said, with all that spacing even Diaw looked as a borderline All Star. It was wrong to think of the Suns as missing a critical piece.
2. That was one of the only cases I remember, that the MVP was not given to a guy from an elite team, but the logic of "how bad would they be without him" was used.

nkdlunch
03-08-2008, 01:07 PM
wow I can't beleive it but Suns will not make playoffs. amazing shit

Purple & Gold
03-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Why does D'Antoni still have a job?? :wtf :wtf

Xylus
03-08-2008, 01:36 PM
D'Antoni is done after this season. Or we can all hope.

Findog
03-08-2008, 02:23 PM

Speaking of things to conveniently ignore Suns fan, Chris Paul but 25 and 16 on Devin Harris last night. He put 33 and 12 on Devin Harris in December. Deron Williams hung 41 points on Devin Harris in December. And against a team featuring David West and Tyson Chandler (a scoring threat with Chris Paul), Diop could only get 11 minutes. We held the Spurs to 97 points. We held the Lakers to 93 points in regulation. We played Utah in our fourth game in five nights. We laid a giant turd against Houston. Those things happen.

As for the pathetic excuse about about Howard's back, Yao isn't just injured, he has been OUT for 5 games yet the Rockets are 5-0 without him and were 12-0 before he went down so THEY DIDN'T MISS A BEAT when he went down, they nutted up and kept going.

Who have they played? Wizards, Grizzlies, Pacers and Nuggets at home before us.

Bynum isn't just injured, he has been OUT since mid-January, yet the Lakers are 19-7 since he went down including going 16-2 since the start of Feb., and went 11-1 in the 12 games before he went down, so they stumbled a bit after he went down but then they nutted up and got back on track.

They also stole Pau Gasol from the Grizzlies.

Yet somehow the Mavs can use Howard having a back injury as a legitimate excuse for going 4-5 the last 9 games.

Hey Suns fan, maybe you should actually try watching the Mavs sometime. Howard is actually hurting his team by playing. It would be better if he sat out.

It's never, "We choked big-time in the finals two years ago, and last year in the 1st-round, we admit it," or "Who cares if Bowen plays physical against us, we need to stop crying like little pansies about it and take it," or "Who cares if we've got someone injured, the rest of the guys need to step up. We're a veteran team," or "The Kidd trade sucked, we admit it." It's never owning up and taking responsibility for how things are going. It's always someone else's fault. From the owner down to the players down to its fans, DAL is the spoiled little brat of the NBA, whining and making excuses whenever something doesn't go the Mavs' way.

You got sand in your vagina because your beloved Suns are circling the drain. Dallas has an easy schedule coming up, a window open for the two years after this one, while you have Shaq's contract on your books for two more years and an owner who sells off draft picks and refuses to spend money. And it isn't even Shaq that's the problem, he's playing hard and doing what he was supposed to do. It's Steve Nash that is starting to decline. Sucks to be you.

Jeremy
03-08-2008, 02:58 PM

Yeah, if only we hadn't traded it away already (along with the 2010 pick) in order to get rid of the best Duncan-defender in the league, Kurt Thomas, who is now a Spur. Aaarrrgghhhh!!

The Suns are cursed... ;)