PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks sign Juice....

Duff McCartney
03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Jones agrees to four-year deal as Seahawks bolster backfield
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: March 7, 2008, 9:31 PM ET

The Seahawks reached an agreement in principle Friday night with former Cowboys running back Julius Jones, the second running back move made by the team this week.

Jones agreed to a four-year deal worth around $3 million a year. The contract is similar to the five-year, $14 million contract reached with halfback T.J. Duckett earlier this week.

With Jones and Duckett on Seattle's roster entering the season, the question is whether or not Shaun Alexander will be around. The Seahawks decided to keep Alexander until they found replacements and now they have two potential replacements.

Jones is expected to compete for the starting job. Duckett was signed to be a short-yardage back as well as a backup fullback and power back. Jones is considered a more elusive back than Duckett.

Jones' final two choices were Seattle and Detroit, although he had interest from the Bears and Eagles for potential visits next week. He had also visited with the Tennessee Titans.

------------------------------------

I wanted Julius to stay with the Cowboys but damn I hate the Seahawks. I won't be rooting for him to succeed.

Horry For 3!
03-07-2008, 11:03 PM
You wanted Julius Jones to stay with the Cowboys???? :lol I'll take Felix Jones over Julius Jones.

Evan
03-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Juice?

fyatuk
03-07-2008, 11:26 PM
You wanted Julius Jones to stay with the Cowboys???? :lol I'll take Felix Jones over Julius Jones.

I like Julius. He's been fairly reliable at putting up decent numbers if he gets 12-15 carries a game. Problem is he wasn't going to be getting that with the Cowboys anymore, so I'm glad he went somewhere else. Hopefully he'll get the starting job and put up some good numbers again.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Good riddance.

Evan
03-07-2008, 11:41 PM
again...Juice?

Duff McCartney
03-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Orange Julius....Juice.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Felix Jones time. :)

Evan
03-08-2008, 12:36 AM
He is a solid number 2 guy. Good signing

Vinnie_Johnson
03-08-2008, 12:38 AM
JJ Runs hard. Too bad it is into the back of an offensive lineman most of the time :lol

Evan
03-08-2008, 12:46 AM
JJ Runs hard. Too bad it is into the back of an offensive lineman most of the time :lol
:lol

mob
03-08-2008, 01:30 AM
alexander is going to get waived....who gonna take his broke ass?

clambake
03-08-2008, 01:37 AM
will he stay upright after the first touch in seattle?

gmanrulz
03-08-2008, 04:30 AM

id take eddie jones over him

monosylab1k
03-08-2008, 11:23 AM
The only good games Julius ever had was against the Seahawks, so I'm not surprised they wanted him.

monosylab1k
03-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I think Julius is capable of being a #1 back in this league (on par with his brother), but Parcells completely ruined this guy's confidence.

Evan
03-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I think Julius is capable of being a #1 back in this league (on par with his brother), but Parcells completely ruined this guy's confidence.

Man I just don't know. Parcells gave him every chance and a huge o-line.

ChuckD
03-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Jones is a touch/drop RB. The minute he gets touched, he drops like a rock. If you put JJ's bod and talent with Barber's brain and heart, you'd have an Adrian Peterson clone. JJ will have a nice ten year career that no one will remember ten years later. He's a thousand yard back that could be an eighteen hundred yard back if he could do two things: stay upright and stay healthy. He's done neither in his early career.

monosylab1k
03-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Man I just don't know. Parcells gave him every chance and a huge o-line.
That O-Line was terrible under Parcells. And for the most part Parcells used him completely wrong. He wanted him to run like Ottis Anderson and that's just not Julius.

Also, if there's such a thing as a "volume runner" it's Julius. He can't get into the flow of the game if he's only getting 10-15 carries. But give him 20-25 and he generally would break one or two for huge gains and look a lot more consistent.

JJ will never be an elite back, but I think he can give a team 1100-1300 yards consistently for a few years.

Purple & Gold
03-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Good signing by the Seahawks. Now we just need to draft a RB with our first rounder and we should be fine. I would also like to see them use Weaver more from the FB position. Maybe bring back a little bit of John L style to the Hawks. All in all, happy with this signing.

DBryant88
03-10-2008, 07:13 AM
felix jone would be useful and a backup nut barber is going to get the majority of the carries and is going to be used in goal line and third-down situations like he was orginally used for

samikeyp
03-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Later JJ, enjoy a latte.

Its all yours Barbarian....now go kick ass.

Evan
03-10-2008, 11:58 AM
That O-Line was terrible under Parcells.

Except for some tweaking this o-line is fairly close to the same. Who has changed besides LD?

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=8181493B-A47F-E221-D55BCEA1819F47F7

monosylab1k
03-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Except for some tweaking this o-line is fairly close to the same. Who has changed besides LD?

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=8181493B-A47F-E221-D55BCEA1819F47F7
Gurode & Kosier have made dramatic improvement each year as a starter. To an extent Columbo as well. There was a time when Gurode was so bad they were platooning him with Al Johnson. To think he's now a deserving Pro Bowler is crazy considering how bad he was 3 years ago.

Adding Leonard Davis made a huge difference in plugging up the middle. Marco Rivera was a complete disaster. And let's not forget that Rob Petttiti used to be a starter on that line.

The line is way way way improved from the Parcells years.

Harry Callahan
03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Gurode & Kosier have made dramatic improvement each year as a starter. To an extent Columbo as well. There was a time when Gurode was so bad they were platooning him with Al Johnson. To think he's now a deserving Pro Bowler is crazy considering how bad he was 3 years ago.

Adding Leonard Davis made a huge difference in plugging up the middle. Marco Rivera was a complete disaster. And let's not forget that Rob Petttiti used to be a starter on that line.

The line is way way way improved from the Parcells years.

True. They used to have only one player (Adams), now they are pretty good across the line. Julius Jones was a bit of an enigma in Dallas - had ability but it didn't always show. Parcells did mess him up.

mardigan
03-10-2008, 12:49 PM
He showed tons of talent his rookie year before he got hurt. He just regressed from there. He never seemed to have the heart. Hopefully he can show some of the heart he had in his rookie season starting fresh.

tlongII
03-10-2008, 02:39 PM
It's clear that the Seahawks are getting ready to jettison Alexander. I have mixed feelings due to his terrific performance during our unforgettable 2005 season. Unfortunately he hasn't done jack since.