PDA

View Full Version : New Show On Ticket760

GoGatos
03-07-2008, 10:53 PM
...starting Monday 3/10...

The Sports Grind with Calvin Casey, Rudy J and Salami (previously on Saturdays 11-1) will air 6-7 p.m. weeknights following STSA.

JUST FYI.

Evan
03-07-2008, 11:43 PM
:wakeup

Tike Mailer
03-08-2008, 12:40 AM

The Sports Grind with Calvin Casey, Rudy J and Salami (previously on Saturdays 11-1) will air 6-7 p.m. weeknights following STSA.

JUST FYI.

Just another hour of local sports programming for Ticket 760, holmes. I am inspired by Clear Channel's commitment to going local for the San Antonio sports fans. Calvin Casey is a force in sports talk in this town. Rudy J brings attitude and grit. Salami is delicious with or without cheese!

Kori Ellis
03-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Weren't Calvin and Rudy on another channel a couple years back, buying their own airtime?

Trainwreck2100
03-08-2008, 02:43 AM
I heard this today, and wondered if it had anything to do with another show going on till seven.

Jackie
03-08-2008, 02:50 AM
stsa never gave a shit about ST until ESPN came to town.

curtismedellin
03-08-2008, 06:27 AM
:sleep :troll

KEDA
03-08-2008, 07:32 AM
I will still be listening to Chris and Jason on The Zone.

The Tickrah just doesn't do it for me anymore.

T Park
03-08-2008, 12:18 PM
For such an insignificant channel like the Ticket adding a show to go from 6-7 sure is coincidental.

Keep up the good work Duel and Co. :tu

SequSpur
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I thought 760 went off the air.

PeterBurns
03-08-2008, 12:58 PM
stsa never gave a shit about ST until ESPN came to town.

Hmmmm. I've always been a part of this Forum. And, when I was on air always tried to give shouts out to Spurstalk.

T Park
03-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Is the same Walter Pasacrita who called us "uninformed idiots" on a postgame call in show a couple years back, still working there?

If so, uhhh, then thats proven.

BigZak
03-08-2008, 03:09 PM
i like waltra and mr. burns so the ticket is not dead to me yet!

Jackie
03-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Hmmmm. I've always been a part of this Forum. And, when I was on air always tried to give shouts out to Spurstalk.

You actually think shout outs is what ST or any legit website wants? This isn't soul train. How about people just shout out your radio show from their homes?

Don't you want callers,listeners,and people on your website? (real Interaction)

That the problem with clear channel they always treat the people on the www like 13 year olds.

If you guys had any web creds you wouldn't have to put half naked girls on your site to get traffic.

ESPN topic starter
03-08-2008, 03:44 PM

When was the last time you heard Mike Taylor read a topic or post from ST?

When was the last time Kori was a guest on the show?

Where are the phone calls from TPark,mouse,Chump,LJ.and others?

When was the last time Peter Burns or Mike Taylor invited ST to a gtg?

Has Jim Bob ever met anyone from ST?

Has the Program Director ever been to a ST gtg?

Is there a link to ST at the ticket website?

Come on Peter Burns stop the ass kissing it's getting old already.
It didn't work for Stacie, and its not working now.

BigZak
03-08-2008, 03:47 PM
hey Peter, can we finally get the story about stacy making comments about how she didn't like mexicans...LonghornE vowed that it happened, but i want da troof!!! (cuz that bastard also faked being hurt in a car accident) :lol

mouse
03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Is the same Walter Pasacrita who called us "uninformed idiots" on a postgame call in show a couple years back, still working there?

If so, uhhh, then thats proven.

TPark is 100% on the money! year after year all we heard from Don Harris and Walter and others is how ST is full of wannabe sports fans living in our mothers basements and we need to get a life and realize no one cares what we think.

That shit sticks with a person for a long time. How would Mike Taylor like it if someone at one of Kori's GTGs said his wife had bad breath or Jim Bob forgot to flush the toilet? How long would it take before they forgot something bad was said about them?

You people at the ticket just don't get it and I doubt ever will. There are only so many Spur fans online, and most of them post here and 95% of them know when your guys are full of shit.

So keep going after that 5% with your 1/2 naked girls.

BigZak
03-08-2008, 04:02 PM
gimme some more Redskins coverage mike taylor and i'll listen more, promise!!!

1st show to get Pop back on wins in my book...

mouse
03-08-2008, 04:13 PM
hey Peter, can we finally get the story about stacy making comments about how she didn't like mexicans...LonghornE vowed that it happened,

I am not sure we can believe anything that Peter Burns says anymore he is in to deep at the ticket and has 4 quarts of homerisum blood pumping through his veins. He is only going to say things to make sure he or the station looks good.

Maybe in person he can be himself but online and on air people have to play the part to keep the check in the mail and the electricity on.

Besides that is personal and to be honest LongHorn E would not spend so much time and energy to spread a fake rumor since it would just make him look bad since it's his word against Stacie?

I heard the story and since many other Hooter Waitresses said she always talks bad about the cheap ass Mexicans that don't tip I believe them.

I would say the same thing :lmao

(cuz that bastard also faked being hurt in a car accident) :lol

Like who on line never said a fake story? Didn't you post you was going to take over as manager of the Comedy Store and Pauly Shore paid your air fare to get there?

Didn't I post I found a Cucumber under my sisters bed?

So why cant LongHornE say he was shot in Vietnam?

It's the www where lies come true and Fantasies are only a mouse click away.............

BigZak
03-08-2008, 04:53 PM
hey u fuck, the only reason pauly didn't hire me was cuz i boned his chic the first night we met and all got blazed and loaded at his place.../mouseclick

so bite me.

PhotoShop
03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
hey u fuck, the only reason pauly didn't hire me was cuz i boned his chic the first night we met and all got blazed and loaded at his place.../mouseclick

so bite me.

And that story is easier to believe than someone being in a car accident? You people were hard on LongHornE and ran him off like you did HusskerFan.

BigZak
03-08-2008, 05:06 PM
the hell with long horn e..and husker got owned by his woman...i can relate...but i'm still here...:lol

pickle girl
03-08-2008, 08:33 PM
the hell with long horn e..

You drank beer and smoked weed with the Vato and you turn your back on him?

How long before you turn your back on others?........................

AlamoSpursFan
03-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Starting next Saturday 8-10 am, Track Smack with Dawn Murphy returns to the air on ESPN 1250 The Zone.

Yet another reason why the Ticket blows goats. They don't have Dawn Murphy!

03-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Starting next Saturday 8-10 am, Track Smack with Dawn Murphy returns to the air on ESPN 1250 The Zone.

Yet another reason why the Ticket blows goats. They don't have Dawn Murphy!

Stalker Forum
:p:

dawn
03-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Scary isn't it!!!

HA HA :lol

T Park
03-09-2008, 11:53 AM
As long as Dawn gives the IRL equal time too :)

I love Nascar, but my original racing love is Indy Cars :)

dawn
03-09-2008, 09:03 PM
It may not be equal time, but we do talk Indy, especially when they come to Texas. Last year I had Scott Dixon,Dan Wheldon, Sarah Fisher, and Buddy Rice on. We will really be working hard to get more drivers on this season and while at Texas in June when the Indy Series comes to town. Being with ESPN helps now also. The others were who I had when I was with KTSA.

AlamoSpursFan
03-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Scary isn't it!!!

HA HA :lol

You're the one threatening ME with a knuckle sangwich...

:lmao

Taco
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM

JUST FYI.

I'VE HEARD THESE GUYS ON SATURDAYS, I'M GLAD THEY ARE GETTING A REGULAR SHOW :clap

I WISH THEY WOULD DO A MORNING SHOW :wakeup

MoSpur
03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Finally! Those guys should have replaced Jeff and Walter, not Mike Taylor.

T Park
03-10-2008, 02:23 PM
It may not be equal time, but we do talk Indy, especially when they come to Texas. Last year I had Scott Dixon,Dan Wheldon, Sarah Fisher, and Buddy Rice on. We will really be working hard to get more drivers on this season and while at Texas in June when the Indy Series comes to town. Being with ESPN helps now also. The others were who I had when I was with KTSA.

I notice a pattern with the interviews, only interviews with Target Chip Ganassi Racing, and Dreyer and Reinbold Racing.

Heres to hoping you get to talk to Darren Manning, Ed Carpenter, AJ Foyt 4th (texas boy ya know) and Jay Howard. The driver not the former PBP announcer :)
Dawn have you gotten to go to Texas to witness the greatness that is Indycars going 220 MPH at TMS side by side all the way around?

The CART boys are gonna be crappin their pants goin that fast side by side, but my old school IRL guys love it.

Shame they are all almost gone :(

S_A_Longhorn
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
So the Ticket 760 is now trying to court ST? Give me a break.

Start by canning that Mavs lover hosting Sports Talk SAN ANTONIO.

Tike Mailer
03-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Finally! Those guys should have replaced Jeff and Walter, not Mike Taylor.

No worries, holmes. They're not replacing Taylor. Ticket 760 is merely expanding its commitment to local sports by adding an additional hour AFTER STSA.

No need to replace Jeff, he's gone. And Walter continues his fine work as sports director for Spurs Radio 1200 WOAI. It's all good.

T Park
03-10-2008, 03:17 PM
And Walter continues his fine work as sports director for Spurs Radio 1200 WOAI

Your shitting me.

God that station has gone right into the shitter.

2centsworth
03-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Your shitting me.

God that station has gone right into the shitter.
listen holmes, i'm da man, you not.

sincerely,

mike taylor

BigZak
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
waltra is the shit! in a good way!

AlamoSpursFan
03-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Settle down, T Park! Dawn knows what she's doing...she doesn't come to the carnival and tell you how long to run the ferris wheel.

:lol

curtismedellin
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
No worries, holmes.

Holmes?...Man this dude uses that word so much it's become a tick.

Tike Mailer
03-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Holmes?...Man this dude uses that word so much it's become a tick.

It's a term of endearment. I'm demonstrating that I get you and that we're all buds. What's wrong with that, holmes?

Tike Mailer
03-10-2008, 09:26 PM
I'VE HEARD THESE GUYS ON SATURDAYS, I'M GLAD THEY ARE GETTING A REGULAR SHOW :clap

I WISH THEY WOULD DO A MORNING SHOW :wakeup

Excellent post, Taco. Of course, Dan Patrick is the finest sports morning show in America right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if STSA's new 6pm boyz someday contend for his throne.

wrench
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
It's a term of endearment. I'm demonstrating that I get you and that we're all buds. What's wrong with that, holmes?

Nothing at all! Sincerely:1979

Tike Mailer
03-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Nothing at all! Sincerely:1979

wrench, I know you're giving up on ESpeeN. Thanks for the second look. Ticket 760 not only has official affiliation with the Spurs, the Cowboys, the Longhorns and Aggies, but we've got Head2Head Hotties, holmes. What more can we do to sweeten the pot?

KEDA
03-11-2008, 07:34 AM
The only thing the Ticket still has is Jim Rome.

Other then that, its The Zone for me!

Xolotl
03-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Weren't Calvin and Rudy on another channel a couple years back, buying their own airtime?

Are you talking about KLUP? That's where I first heard them I think it was AM 930 but I'm not sure if it's even still news anymore

T Park
03-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Settle down, T Park! Dawn knows what she's doing...she doesn't come to the carnival and tell you how long to run the ferris wheel.

:lol

That would be weird seeing as I don't.

frequency
03-11-2008, 12:24 PM
the sports grind is a good show...lot better than some bs on other shows

and salami is the truth

Tike Mailer
03-11-2008, 02:54 PM
salami is the truth

Salami is the word to your mutha and the truth will set you free.

Taco
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM

OLD ARTICLE BUT.... :reading

http://www.blackathlete.net/artman/publish/article_0144.shtml

BlackAthlete Sports Network-www.blackathlete.net

Editorial
Black Sports Talk Show Have Always Existed…They Just Haven’t Been Developed
By Gregory Moore
Nov 18, 2004

SAN ANTONIO, TX.--- – The Nov. 8th issue of “Sports Illustrated” did a feature story on Doug and Ryan Stewart. Who are these two individuals? They happen to be the hottest sports talk jocks in the country. That’s right. Not Van Earl Wright. Not Jim Rome. The hottest sports talk show hosts happen to be on a ‘local’ level but have a national audience thanks to technology. “The Two Live Stews” have probably one of the best talk shows going right now because they are reaching a demographic that has always been overlooked in the media. That audience happens to be Hispanics and African Americans. However what’s truly unique is that the Stewarts are not the only talk show hosts of color who are trying to break into a traditional fraternity by non-traditional means. Right here in San Antonio there is a show that is beginning the same humble roots as the Stews did years ago. For San Antonians wanting to break away from the ‘traditional’ sports talk, Calvin Casey, Rudy T, and Johnny Salami are the “Stews” of San Antonio. More aptly they are the brains behind a show called the “Sports Grind”.
For Calvin and his cohorts, sports talk is their passion. Unlike the numerous others who are out there in the market these days, these three gentlemen wanted to put a show together that embraced their culture and their love of sports. They have infused hip-hop music with a true ‘local’ feel by just being themselves. They know they are going to make mistakes but they welcome the challenge. They tried to go through the normal channels and when the local sports stations said no, they did what any trailblazer would do; they made their own rules up and did what they wanted to do without answering to anyone. Ironically, these young men have also begun taking a tract that is going on across the country. There are probably hundreds of black sports talk shows just looking for a vehicle to be launched on but the mainstream media simply does not think that the listening audience wants to hear it. Well hear these words America, there are African American versions of your favorite talk shows out there and they are probably just as good, if not better, than what you are hearing right now.

Is this a knock on the mainstream sports talk show products currently out there? Of course it’s not. Mainstream media has its place and that is where all shows get their inspiration. However for many minorities, they want to hear voices that sound like them. They want hosts that understand what the issues truly are. That’s not being racist in so much as it is being capable of reaching a segment of the population that really wants something ‘of their own’. Imagine for a moment what a sports show with Hispanic and African American co-hosts can be capable of? Because these two individuals have a unique background of dealing with the sports of their community, they can actually be a voice that their audience will listen too. From dealing with incidents like that of Manny Ramirez to the escapades of Ron Artest, a minority show can handle the incidents better without having to ‘offend’ any listeners because they are talking to an audience that would not be offended. They can talk in such a fashion that isn’t demeaning but is ‘exactly how people of their ‘kind’ feel.

In the radio medium, the assumption has pretty much been that a show that has a “Black voice” simply can’t be a seller. That is a true perception no matter what today’s program directors tell you. Sure there are some program directors that want to take the chance and in many markets they have done exactly what their heart and mind have told them. However in many other markets and on the national scene, unless your name is a household name, the chance to have the type of show that gives the Black community a true voice in another part of their world. Yes this community would like to have the same type of shows that everyone else enjoys and they shouldn’t have to go begging around to get them.

THE GRAVYTRAIN OF SPORTS RADIO NEEDS A LITTLE ‘SPICE’

So when will the sports radio world finally realize that a new revenue source is available to them? It is true that talk radio is a hard sell for some stations. Thanks to good friends, I’m able to keep abreast of this market and the trends of the sports world. I’ve seen the numbers where in some markets sports talk radio does really well while in others it’s just an afterthought. Then you have markets that are somewhere in between those two extremes. With all of these different variables, you can imagine just how hard it is for someone like the Stewarts or even the local guys here have in trying to sell a show. The country just doesn’t think that having minority voices on the air in the sports world is such a good idea.

In the Sports Illustrated article, Doug Ryan is quoted as saying, “"When we started out, we wanted to infuse the hip-hop generation into sports-talk radio.” Today many sports talk shows are infusing their ‘bumper music’ with hop-hop and R&B tracks. Locally, the two mainstream shows have started to use hip-hop on a broader scale but the “Sports Grind” is the only show that has hip-hop flavor and probably is the closest ‘original’ show that has stuck with that format from the start.

The market is about to be flooded with shows like The Stews or “Sports Grind”. There are ideas on the table for various vehicles to be plugged into the ‘starting line up’ of sports talk radio and what these dreamers of the airwaves are looking for is someone to believe in their dream. Sports talk radio has finally come into it’s own and now is the perfect time for a diverse movement and inclusion of some “black pepper’ into what has mainly been a white male oriented world. It could happen and whether some directors like it or not, it is going to be one of the future streams for new listeners and advertisers.

Tenacious D
03-11-2008, 03:42 PM
How long would WhiteAthlete Sports Network-www.whiteathlete.net

last on line?