PDA

View Full Version : You Can't Play Robert Horry In The Fourth

timvp
01-10-2005, 11:31 PM
if he doesn't rebound. He had zero (0) defensive rebounds in 21 minutes of action. Okur, the guy he was guarding, had seven offensive rebounds. If you play a non-rebounding Horry, you aren't going to win any close games. Horry started rebounding for a week or two, but has gone back to his soft ways around the basket.

No boards, no wins.

ducks
01-10-2005, 11:31 PM
chandler anyone

Walton Buys Off Me
01-10-2005, 11:32 PM
And who would have gotten the rebounds genius? Your boy, the 5'7" Rose?

Or maybe the world's tallest vagina, Rasho Nesterovic?

Give me a break.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Duncan had three the whole game, I guess you need to bench his ass too.

Jimcs50
We have fucking Malik Rose...he would get rebs at least.

ducks
01-10-2005, 11:33 PM
he also would get you 4 t.os

timvp
01-10-2005, 11:34 PM

Give me a break.

Malik and Rasho are both much better rebounders. Hell, put Devin or Barry out there ... they might accidentally get more defensive rebounds than Horry.

JsnSA

Give me a break.

:lol :lol :lol

boutons
RB is desire and hustle and getting into position. The Spurs didn't want it, and they didn't get it.

2 giveaway loses this month and all the hard games are yet to come.

timvp

He had 13 rebounds.

Put down the pipe.

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Horry didn't have a key block, did he?

Okur used Tim Duncan like a rag doll bitch.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I was wondering where Devin was in the fourth tonight. Ugh.

Malik played seven minutes tonight and came up with a whopping ONE rebound, not to mention getting owned on his weak dunk attempt (what was he trying, a reverse?).

timvp
01-10-2005, 11:37 PM
I was wondering where Devin was in the fourth tonight. Ugh.

Malik played seven minutes tonight and came up with a whopping ONE rebound, not to mention getting owned on his weak dunk attempt (what was he trying, a reverse?).

Yeah, you mean the one where they called a flagrant foul? That is being owned? Man, your hate has blinded you to the point that you think Tim Duncan had three rebounds.

Did you watch the game?

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Malik and Rasho need to be traded, I am tired of the fucking drama. They both don't equal one player.

Jimcs50
01-10-2005, 11:39 PM
AHF, I think the Cotton Bowl has damaged your brain....get serious.

Tek_XX
Devin sucks azz, thats why he's gone back to the bench. If his azz ain't shooting he belongs there.

Walton Buys Off Me
Rose ain't worth what became of my dinner before it went for a swim.

Enough of the goddamn Malik Rose talk. We lose a game to a lottery team in January and people act like Rose's presense would have made a difference.

One question to all the Rose lovers here- what the hell makes Malik Rose more effective than Tony Massenburg?

T Park
01-10-2005, 11:40 PM
gotta find stuff to fit the agenda TIMVP.

Nesterovic had 7 rebounds in what, 18 20 minutes.

People compain that he doesnt play the 4th quarter,

well tell me this, what was Horry doing OTHER than the block?

No defensive rebounding.

No offense.

At least Rasho will rebound even if hes not scoring.

Johnny_Blaze_47
Devin sucks azz, thats why he's gone back to the bench. If his azz ain't shooting he belongs there.

It's spirited and in-depth coverage like that which keeps me coming back to SpursTalk.com.

timvp
Yeah, go ahead and put Tony Massenburg in there. Anyone with any ability to get one defensive rebound.

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Pop doesn't play Rasho in the fourth knucklehead.

To bad, so fucking sad.

Rasho sucks.

TwoHandJam
01-10-2005, 11:45 PM
The Spurs lost this game largely because of a lack of respect for the Jazz and the misguided notion that their new offense can make up for a lack of defense. We've played very poor defense these last two games (Indy shot 50%, Den 45%), winning them with our offense. The Spurs probably started to think they could do it every night.

Case in point: Dallas.

It might have been nice to have a vocal leader who would talk some sense into them during the game.

Pop didn't get fired up. We lost. Perfect example of what I've been talking about recently.

Jimcs50
01-10-2005, 11:48 PM
The Spurs lost this game largely because of a lack of respect for the Jazz and the misguided notion that their new offense can make up for a lack of defense.

It might have been nice to have a vocal leader who would talk some sense into during the game.

Pop didn't get fired up. We lost. Perfect example of what I've been talking about recently.

The Spurs lose to loser teams, it takes a lot of effort to play D every night, so it is a habit of theirs to slack off when they think they can outscore a bad team. That does not work for them, they need to play hard every night.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Sorry timvp, misread what someone else said on the boards, maybe they meant three in the fourth.

Yeah, I watched the game. I don't know what Malik was doing trying to go up like he was, if he goes up for a regular dunk or a layup, he gets the and 1. The only thing I can figure out is he was trying to go up and do a reverse dunk, which opens you up to a block and getting killed like he did.

It's no hate, to quote one of my buds "it looked like he was trying to be cute instead of just finishing it, and he paid for it." It's my biggest gripe with Malik. We're not paying you to be a star, to be a Tim Duncan clone, just go get me some boards, box some people out, make some hustle plays, and get some garbage points on the offensive end (you know, the stuff the Spurs gave you the contract for doing).

For all the ragging on Horry, at least he didn't have Okur hop up and snag a board over his head like Mehmet did to Malik.

boutons
01-10-2005, 11:50 PM
But when Spurs pull this shit, they don't play D _or_ O, they fuck it up on both ends. Damn, if you can't bring the D, at least move your ass and move the ball on offense, esp when we shooting about 60% well into the 3rd quarter.

4-down sucks, Tim as first option sucks, Tim looked like spaz in slo mo out there.

T Park
01-10-2005, 11:51 PM
For all the ragging on Horry, at least he didn't have Okur hop up and snag a board over his head like Mehmet did to Malik

Aggie,

that was the game winning shot.

Okur moving and going up over Horry lol.

My god....

Jimcs50
01-10-2005, 11:52 PM
But when Spurs pull this shit, they don't play D _or_ O, they fuck it up on both ends. Damn, if you can't bring the D, at least move your ass and move the ball on offense, esp when we shooting about 60% well into the 3rd quarter.

4-down sucks, Tim as first option sucks, Tim looked like spaz in slo mo out there.

They shot 54% for the game...Offense was NOT the problem.

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Tim Duncan was pushed from behind, Horry had no chance.

OMG.

whottt
01-10-2005, 11:53 PM
You know you aren't going to get consisten production out of Horry or Rose...which is why I have advocated not playing favorites with them...

We could have used Malik tonight, boarding is one of the things he brings.

However I have a tremendous problem with TimVP saying you can't play Horry in the 4th...that is a WTF statement if ever I have heard one...see the role he has played on 5 NBA champions...Malik could have 40 bad games in a row with TO etc and never get a call out like this from TimVP...I see a bias here...especially with the way Horry has played lately...Horry sucked on rebounding tonight, but he's not going to suck that bad on rebounding every night..

Some nights it's a Malik Rose kind of night and others it's a Robert Horry kind of night...I don't get the mindset of playing favorites with proven players that have different skill sets...they all wear the Silver and Black. Use them.

What is good to see is TimVP calling out Pop for his substitutions and finding fault with Pop after a loss...Welcome to the Club Mr.VP...

NavaD
01-10-2005, 11:55 PM

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Spurs suck.

Horry, Rasho and Malik..........

A combo to a ring.............

Yeah right.

Kori Ellis
Whottt, timvp is not saying you can't play Horry in the 4th. He is saying, you can't play Horry in the 4th if he's not going to rebound. Horry sucked rebounding in the beginning of the season and then went through a stretch of games where he was hitting the glass aggressively. Tonight, he reverted to not rebounding again.

timvp's right, you can't play Horry in the 4th if he's not going to rebound. You can't play Rasho or Malik in the 4th if they aren't rebounding either. Same crap.

NavaD
Wrong! Tim had 13, but i agree, it should've been Rasho playing, you guys wanna call him a pussy or whatever,but he always make important def play.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Tpark,

Okur didn't go over Horry, he shoved him underneath the bucket and then had an easy putback. There's a difference.

ShoogarBear
01-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah, but Horry really made no attempt to get position on him. On a play like that you find your man and put your backside into him.

T Park
01-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Okur didn't go over Horry, he shoved him underneath the bucket and then had an easy putback

He let him get it.

Would rose have gotten pushed off like that??

Doubtfull.

samikeyp
01-11-2005, 12:09 AM
You Can't Play Robert Horry In The Fourth

until he learns to block out. Shoog is right...barely an attempt to get back and it was too little too late. That is basic fundamental basketball. The most fundamentally sound team in the NBA done in by a lack of basic fundamentals...substandard defense, bad free throw shooting and not doing the basics (hustling for loose balls, not blocking out etc.) disgusting.

whottt
01-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Whottt, timvp is not saying you can't play Horry in the 4th. He is saying, you can't play Horry in the 4th if he's not going to rebound. Horry sucked rebounding in the beginning of the season and then went through a stretch of games where he was hitting the glass aggressively. Tonight, he reverted to not rebounding again.

timvp's right, you can't play Horry in the 4th if he's not going to rebound. You can't play Rasho or Malik in the 4th if they aren't rebounding either. Same crap.

I agree, which is why I advocate a 10 man rotation...No way to know which one of our quality bigs is going to have the biggest impact if you have one of them permanently put behind the other....

Horry is going to be inconsistent as is Malik that's why they have never been more than role players....the sooner we realize that the better...

But even though TimVP doesn't say it...this is a call out of Pop...to me it's a no-brainer that when you need rebounding Malik is the first guy you go to off the bench. It's the best part of his game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2005, 12:12 AM
You're right, doubtful. Okur would have just jumped over him, and put it back over his head, like he did in the second quarter.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-11-2005, 12:17 AM
I think we're all forgetting the main thing here...

Who won in vBookie?

T Park
01-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Seems to me, when Rasho has position, like Horry does, that he more than likely gets the rebound.

Tonight he scored well and got rebounds, but once again, was given the cold shoulder from Pop because of one bad play.

total BS.

TwoHandJam
01-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Whether Pop plays Horry in the fourth or not is far from the real issue here. The real is when are the Spurs going to start bringing it during a game they're losing without relying on Pop being their safety net? Especially against weak-ass comptition like this undermanned Jazz team. They still haven't found this level of maturity as a team and that sucks.

This loss is far from Pop's fault. Pop even held his tongue early in the season and used the Toronto game as a lesson yet the Spurs have forgotten it. Again.

Bullshit.

mikaela01
01-11-2005, 12:35 AM
The Spurs lose to loser teams, it takes a lot of effort to play D every night, so it is a habit of theirs to slack off when they think they can outscore a bad team. That does not work for them, they need to play hard every night.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!

Marcus Bryant
01-11-2005, 12:36 AM
So the problem is that the Spurs need to be more physical and aggressive on the glass, yet that means more Horry and less Rose?

This is why I find myself reading this forum less and less. Some of you make Ghost read like Naismith.

scott
01-11-2005, 12:40 AM

More proof that only bad things can happen when you read ducks' posts.

CHAMPS AGAIN
01-11-2005, 09:22 AM
When we lost to the MAGIC everyone said where was HORRY(DNPCD) now where was MALIK,we need someone else in there. stay Rasho stay

Useruser666
01-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I don't know that having Malik or Rasho would make any difference. Horry hussled but had poor numbers. His 4 blocks was the only good stat he had. The last play is just one you have to take on the chin. If the Spurs had played a little better defense like their style dictates they do, they never would have been only up by one on that last play.

ladiesman
01-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Seems to me, when Rasho has position, like Horry does, that he more than likely gets the rebound.

Tonight he scored well and got rebounds, but once again, was given the cold shoulder from Pop because of one bad play.

total BS.
He also missed that two-incher......

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2005, 03:31 PM
If Horry wouldn't have blocked that transition layup attempt, we wouldn't have had a chance at the end to begin with.

ducks
01-11-2005, 03:33 PM
More proof that only bad things can happen when you read ducks' posts.
dude had 3 rebounds when I posted that