PDA

View Full Version : Shut the f'up Hubie

PM5K
03-08-2008, 12:38 AM
He didn't get pushed in the back, he flopped.

Your job is to tell me what's going on, so open your fucking eyes and see what's going on, if I see what's going on and you don't then you serve no purpose, get some better glasses you old fuck.

I like JVG a lot better...

hsxvvd
03-08-2008, 12:41 AM

That doesn't say may for Hubie.

Herschel Walker
03-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Youre crazy, Hubie's the best. I didn't agree with him there, but he's the best color guy out there. The Spurs are just settling for jumpshots against the zone and are not moving the ball and working the middle against the 2-3. Spurs look lethargic tonight and Nuggets really look sharp on defense.

Kori Ellis
03-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Stop cussing in the thread titles.

Thanks.

Louie Vega
03-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Give the dude a break. He's old! lol

PM5K
03-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Aww fuck Hubie, Timmy didn't come close to touching that ball....

Princess Pimp
03-08-2008, 01:06 AM
hahahahahahaha

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-08-2008, 01:08 AM
hahahahahahaha
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AmkGNHiI93GjpEsA7ws1bay8vLYF?gid=200803 0721

ancestron
03-08-2008, 01:48 AM
I hate Hubie Brown's senile incessant meanderings as well.

JamStone
03-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Hubie does pretty good color analyst work, but it's pretty much a given that even before looking at replays, he will agree with the official's call before analyzing it. Very rarely does he change his mind even after seeing the replay. He actually did it at least once today with that JR Smith's air ball/pass attempt where he at first said it was tipped and when the replay showed clearly that it wasn't, he made mention of that. 90% of the time, if there's even the slightest bit of argument that the official was right, Hubie will analyze it that way even looking at replays. You come to expect that with him. He still does a pretty good job.

The Franchise
03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
He didn't get pushed in the back, he flopped.

Your job is to tell me what's going on, so open your fucking eyes and see what's going on, if I see what's going on and you don't then you serve no purpose, get some better glasses you old fuck.

If your talking about the AI call he did do a lot of acting on it, but there was a hand in his back.

batboy
03-08-2008, 12:29 PM
You guys are crazy. Hubie and JVG do the best color in the business, you can't get all aflutter over one marginal call. Would you rather we had some knobs with zero basketball IQ feeding you what you want to hear the entire game?

Take a wild guess who Popp would rather have in that chair.

SequSpur
03-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Hubie needs to stfu and quit.

tp2021
03-08-2008, 12:48 PM
If we are going to complain about an idiot puppet commentator, it is Marc Jackson. The guy has never seen a call he can't jock-ride, even if JVG or Mike Breen call him an idiot. "Look, that is definitely a foul right there! Good call by the official." STFU!

The Truth #6
03-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll agree in general. Hubie seemed wrong on a lot of points last night. Not just his inability to make visual judgements of what is actually happening, but there were other moments where I thought he was unfamiliar with the team's tendencies and characteristics. I've always thought he was excellent but last night he seemed quite lazy in his observations.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Hubie does pretty good color analyst work, but it's pretty much a given that even before looking at replays, he will agree with the official's call before analyzing it. Very rarely does he change his mind even after seeing the replay. He actually did it at least once today with that JR Smith's air ball/pass attempt where he at first said it was tipped and when the replay showed clearly that it wasn't, he made mention of that. 90% of the time, if there's even the slightest bit of argument that the official was right, Hubie will analyze it that way even looking at replays. You come to expect that with him. He still does a pretty good job.
I agree completely. He does that all the time. I watched that play seven or eight times and couldn't see any contact that would have made Iverson react that way. I can't blame him for complaining, though. When you are getting a lot of cheap whistles you start to expect to get all of them.