PDA

View Full Version : Tony P

Slydragon
03-08-2008, 01:19 AM
better get back into game from for the playoffs.

Spurs Brazil
03-08-2008, 01:21 AM
He was playing better but he was horrible tonight

T Park
03-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Didn't he have like 28 last night?

Great thread :tu

debo
marcus camby scares him

Shaolin-Style
yeah i'll not pin it completely on tp but the fact that he couldn't even pass it straight told me the game wasn't gonna go too well.

Kori Ellis
03-08-2008, 01:23 AM
He's been playing good lately, but tonight he was horrible.

In the first half not that bad, but in the second, just terrible (along with most everyone else).

Slydragon
03-08-2008, 01:24 AM

yup and followed it up with 4 points, he has more down days that up days and for being the youngest on a old team, thats not to good.

Princess Pimp
blame it on the back to back as usual just like losers do..

Anyway you have Denver on a back to back again Monday...hehehehehe

sa_kid20

Yeah i don't think we'll be playing the Pacers in the playoffs. But you can't blame this loss just on Tony, the whole team came out flat in the 2nd half and was basically waiting for Denver to take over.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-08-2008, 01:25 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AmkGNHiI93GjpEsA7ws1bay8vLYF?gid=200803 0721

Kori Ellis
03-08-2008, 01:26 AM
he has more down days that up days .

That's a big exaggeration.

carina_gino20
cut him some slack. almost everyone played badly tonight.

san antonio spurs
I'm one of the biggest Tony fans out there but tonight I wished he would've been benched earlier.
He played Beno style, no court vision, couldn't bring the ball up the court, turnovers, missed makeable shots, really a bad night for him.
Sunday however he's gonna do some damage :elephant
I call 30pts game for him.

BlackSwordsMan
03-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Eva wore him out in the plane

Kori Ellis
03-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Eva wore him out in the plane

:rolleyes

Not necessary.

T Park
03-08-2008, 01:30 AM
yup and followed it up with 4 points, he has more down days that up days and for being the youngest on a old team, thats not to good.

Typical stupid Parker hate.

Keep the great takes comin :tu

BlackSwordsMan
03-08-2008, 01:31 AM
:rolleyes

Not necessary.
Eva Sanchez his trainer probably gave him too many streches in the plane resulting in a low red blood count which results in low oxygen. Getcha mind out the gutter.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Eva Sanchez his trainer probably gave him too many streches in the plane resulting in a low red blood count which results in low oxygen. Getcha mind out the gutter.
:lol

timaios
03-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Tony +/- = +2
Kurt Thomas = +8
Matt Bonner = +2

Only spurs players with positives "+/-"

:downspin: :dizzy

Slydragon
03-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Typical stupid Parker hate.

Keep the great takes comin :tu

T park I am not gonna argue with you, I seen when you get work up you make a night of it and I don't want to be up all night. Last year when Parker shot I knew it was going in this year when he does it I cross my fingers. No more replies to you, I don't have all night.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Stupid thread - he's been great the last 3 games. So he had a down game today, are we meant to shoot him?

Also, I noticed that he had the poor, pre-Engelland shooting form tonight which means that he was tired. They all looked tired. Mile high + b-2-b took it out of them methinks.

TP is fine. Watch what he does to Nash on Sunday.

T Park
03-08-2008, 01:41 AM
T park I am not gonna argue with you, I seen when you get work up you make a night of it and I don't want to be up all night. Last year when Parker shot I knew it was going in this year when he does it I cross my fingers. No more replies to you, I don't have all night.

In other words

I'm pulling bullcrap out of my ass and making up shit so im gonna leave now and not back any of it up.

Solid arguement Parker hater :tu

milkyway21
03-08-2008, 01:46 AM
come on, people... give Tony a break! :oops

Pops chose to bench him in the 4Q. You really think with the Spurs down by 10 Tony would just continue making TOs if he's on the floor?

You can't expect 100% game from players all the time.

Duncan: :Sometimes you can be the best player on the floor, but sometimes you just can't."

Let's just think about Tony's heroics in the 2007 playoffs and move on. congratulate the Nuggets-they're still breathing.

Kori Ellis
03-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Tony +/- = +2
Kurt Thomas = +8
Matt Bonner = +2

Only spurs players with positives "+/-"

:downspin: :dizzy

True. Tony led the Spurs in +/- for most of the game at the half, he was +6 or +8.

tmtcsc
03-08-2008, 01:56 AM

You sorry sack of shit, your team tanked another one tonight. All you have left is to talk shit when we lose our first game since Feb. 10th. That's actually pathetic. What's even better is that we get to play you on National TV after losing this game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-08-2008, 02:01 AM
I wish people would pay more attention to this:

"...the poor, pre-Engelland shooting form..."

If we are playing a good team who pack the lane on TP, and he's showing the pre-E shooting form, he generally has a poor night because he misses a few Js, loses confidence in it, and that's it. Against teams that let him penetrate, it's not so much of an issue.

With Tony it's all about the shooting form. If I did a statistical study of good and bad Parker games against old or new shooting form, I reckon the correlation coefficient would be close to 1.

tmtcsc
03-08-2008, 02:02 AM
In other words

I'm pulling bullcrap out of my ass and making up shit so im gonna leave now and not back any of it up.

Solid arguement Parker hater :tu

I'm up..Tony sucked ass tonight. He mailed it in and was clueless on the floor. He wasn't the only one but I would expect more from the guy who makes our offense flow. Tonight was nothing new. He usually mails it in when we play in Denver.

I'm sure he'll bounce back against Phoenix but I'm not giving him a pass for tonight. He was bad. So was JV, Horry (At least he broke a sweat) and Udoka. Pop about bit Ime's head off for not doubling Carmelo and leaving him 1 on 1 with Kurt Thomas. Add the dumb fouls miles away from the rim and you get a miserable night.

As for Denver...they suck. Najera needs to be bitch slapped.

freemeat
03-08-2008, 02:16 AM
I almost started a new thread to point out that "Walker, Texas Ranger" is on Ch. 53 right now -- but felt this one was just as good...

This show is amazing!

tmtcsc
03-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Then why didn't Pop yell at anyone else for not helping Finley when he was guarding Carmelo one on one; or did Pop actually think Michael could guard Carmelo straight up?

I think Pop probably just told Ime not to switch off of Carmelo...and then seconds later he switched off of Melo, and ran around looking for someone to cover. I watched the play over and over to see why Pop was so pissed. I thought he was pissed at Kurt at first but then it was pretty clear it was Ime.

colargol
03-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Tony had a bad game....for sur he 's not the only one ...when he left the game 4:14 in the third it was 66/66 then he came back in the fourth Spurs were down by 11....hard to charge him for the loss........ anyway we are waiting for more from TP