PDA

View Full Version : Apparently our D still has a LOT of holes...

TDfan2007
03-08-2008, 01:20 AM
The Spurs both deserved to and needed to get their asses handed to them tonight. They've been playing 24 minutes of good basketball for a while now and Denver just showed them why you need to play 48.

Aside from Tim and KT every player on the team was terrible or subpar (and for you Manu nutriders he may have scored 24 but he settled for the J too much and played pretty bad D).

This team really needs understand that Tim is their best player and when he's hot like he was tonight they need to play through him, not jack up jumpers.

The defense needs to improve in its consistency, they need to pound it into Tim more, and Michael needs to stop sucking...then we'll be fine.

lefty
03-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Duh!

5 guys, 5 holes

Damn, scratch that

K-State Spur
03-08-2008, 01:28 AM
not to excuse it, they certainly need to play harder. but being the 2nd half of the 2nd game in a back-to-back at altitude against a team who runs more than anybody in the league, they may have just run out of steam.

also doesn't help when manu and tim were being shoved out of their spots all night, but the spurs couldn't even breath on melo or AI without hearing a whistle.

T Park
03-08-2008, 01:29 AM
You knew it was gonna happen.

Ran out of gas and Pop cut his losses with the game over and saved the guys for sunday.

Bring on the Suns.

Avitus1
03-08-2008, 01:30 AM
This will hopefully set them straight. I've noticed the lack of D. I've been thinking they've played a bit laxed despite the wins. They needed to be deflated a bit so they could be corrected.

Kori Ellis
03-08-2008, 01:31 AM
The players played poorly, but Pop made some mistakes that led to bad defensive matchups. Pulling Bowen off of Melo to start the 3rd after Melo was contained in the first half wasn't smart. Melo rolled on Finley and that's when everything started going downhill for the Spurs.

But I don't think Pop minds losing this game.

TDfan2007
03-08-2008, 01:33 AM
You knew it was gonna happen.

Ran out of gas and Pop cut his losses with the game over and saved the guys for sunday.

Bring on the Suns.

lol yeah I'm already ready for that game...should be a good win for the Spurs.

T Park
03-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Perfect film showing fodder for Pop tommarow.

TDfan2007
03-08-2008, 01:34 AM
The players played poorly, but Pop made some mistakes that led to bad defensive matchups. Pulling Bowen off of Melo to start the 3rd after Melo was contained in the first half wasn't smart. Melo rolled on Finley and that's when everything started going downhill for the Spurs.

But I don't think Pop minds losing this game.

Yeah it almost seemed like he was TRYING to lose...

K-State Spur
03-08-2008, 01:34 AM
I agree with that, AI was going to cool off a bit anyways. He rarely has a huge scoring game without needing a lot of shots to get it.

SpurAddict561
03-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Same thing happened last year as we finished off the year with a tear.

Pop will get em right before Sunday.

Indazone
03-08-2008, 01:43 AM
:nope

T Park
03-08-2008, 01:43 AM
So Manu shooting Jumpers even though making them made him horrible? And Manu couldn't play aggressive Defense because he was in foul trouble. Good try though!

Yes because hes a drive to the basket, dribble penetrator.

hes not a jump shooter.

PERIOD.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Kori - totally agree on Bowen-Melo. Melo hit 4 straight to open the 3rd, and after that is where it all fell apart.

I was surprised at Duncan's lateness or lack of help at times in the 2nd half, especially on the Najera layups.

What we didn't have tonight, but have shown ever since the RRT, is an ability to ratchet the D up a notch when necessary. I think it was tiredness.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Yes because hes a drive to the basket, dribble penetrator.

hes not a jump shooter.

PERIOD.

Bullshit. Manu has made more than enough jumpers - step-backs, pull-ups and 3s - in the last 20 games to prove to everyone that he can penetrate or shoot. He made a number of tough jumpers tonight. What are you talking about???

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-08-2008, 01:49 AM
To say that Manu is "not a jumpshooter PERIOD" is absurd. I know you've been watching the games just like I have, so why would you say something so obviously false?

TDfan2007
03-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Bullshit. Manu has made more than enough jumpers - step-backs, pull-ups and 3s - in the last 20 games to prove to everyone that he can penetrate or shoot. He made a number of tough jumpers tonight. What are you talking about???

I don't think anyone minds him taking good jumpers, but stepbacks and fallaways when other guys are open first off aren't Manu-like shots, and second are just plain stupid. That's the problem I have with his game today.