PDA

View Full Version : And so CIA Pop comments begin....

crc21209
03-08-2008, 02:53 AM
"We're not at the same level we were at last year at this time, even though we seem to be situated relatively well in the West," Popovich said. "This team isn't as good as last year's team. We have significant improvement that we have to make both mentally and physically if we're going to be able to contend for the championship."

This is a shot to the team from Pop, comments that can maybe fire their asses up. Hopefully this game is a kick in the ass that you cant coast or play bad for stretches of games. And this is to Pop also screwing with line-ups!

milkyway21
03-08-2008, 02:56 AM
:blah:blah Pop!

your 3rdQ starting line-up was bad.

JUST WIN OVER PHOENIX SPURS!
MAKE IT HAPPEN.

loveforthegame
03-08-2008, 02:56 AM
This team is better than last years team. You can't keep tinkering with the lineup, rotation, minutes and expect some consistency. Pop's gotta take some of the blame here though some players need to pull their heads out of their asses and get serious.

honestfool84
03-08-2008, 02:57 AM
"We're not at the same level we were at last year at this time, even though we seem to be situated relatively well in the West," Popovich said. "This team isn't as good as last year's team. We have significant improvement that we have to make both mentally and physically if we're going to be able to contend for the championship."

This is a shot to the team from Pop, comments that can maybe fire their asses up. Hopefully this game is a kick in the ass that you cant coast or play bad for stretches of games. And this is to Pop also screwing with line-ups!

yes.
good one.
its gonna take 23 games to win that trophey when the spurs win.
divvey it up however you want.

-David

crc21209
03-08-2008, 02:58 AM
This team is better than last years team. You can't keep tinkering with the lineup, rotation, minutes and expect some consistency. Pop's gotta take some of the blame here though some players need to pull their heads out of their asses and get serious.

Hell yea, cuz deep down, this team really is better than last year, if Pop would just use them right sometime!

milkyway21
03-08-2008, 03:04 AM
I wonder why Pops think last yr's team was better than this team? e. Thomas > Elson
we have Ime who can really defend.

And last yr he also said the same thing:That that yr's team was the worst defensive Spurs team ever too. then the 2007 Spurs team made straight 13W.

hmmn, just some kind of a motivation?

C.I.A. Pop. right. the title says it all.

Princess Pimp
03-08-2008, 03:17 AM
yes.
good one.

-David

They ain't winning shit!

21_Blessings
03-08-2008, 03:34 AM
This team is better than last years team. .

No, they aren't better. Just older.

Last year's team = NBA champions (with the help of Stern and Tim Donaghy)

This year's team = Will be eliminated by the Lakers in the playoffs

So therefore, Pop is correct.

DazedAndConfused
03-08-2008, 03:46 AM
I think the roster looks better on paper, but last year's Spurs coming into the playoffs were a finely tuned machine. They still aren't in top form yet, but I fully expect them to come playoff time.

MannyIsGod
03-08-2008, 04:10 AM
Pop's been waiting to drop that bomb.

FromWayDowntown
03-08-2008, 04:20 AM
Pop's been waiting to drop that bomb.

And somewhere the "we're soft" bomb is getting warmed up.

whottt
03-08-2008, 05:01 AM
we have Ime who can really defend.

Ime played like a bonehead tonight and if you have to pin this loss on a single player...he'd be the one to pin it on.

Too many stupid fouls and stupid plays.

His intensity and aggressiveness are nice, but not when they are backed up by playing like a moron.

The biggest thing the Spurs have going for them is that they seldom play like morons....that wasn't true tonight....and Ime was the major culprit.

YODA
03-08-2008, 05:03 AM
I kinda think pops right on this point. We been winning, but not necessarily played great basketball. Last years team wins this game. looking for something to set a fire under their A** and they need it. Starting to think they expect to win a little bit to much with less effort.

m33p0
03-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Ime played like a bonehead tonight and if you have to pin this loss on a single player...he'd be the one to pin it on.

Too many stupid fouls and stupid plays.

His intensity and aggressiveness are nice, but not when they are backed up by playing like a moron.

The biggest thing the Spurs have going for them is that they seldom play like morons....that wasn't true tonight....and Ime was the major culprit.
:tu
glad i was watching the same game as you.

he allowed melo to get off. he was tentative on offense that led to a couple of offensive fouls. he didn't come to the ball when he should have had that led to steals.

i hope this is because of the altitude. ime is too smart to be that dumb.

m33p0
03-08-2008, 06:07 AM
already lit the fuse on that statement. one more loss and we'd have forensics searching the crater inside the locker room for the soft bomb.

WalterBenitez
03-08-2008, 06:13 AM
POP is a master, but man, when pop suck POP SUCKS, WTF was that rotation, why you gave up so early.

I know MIke, TP, IME had a bad nights but come on POP we were close with 2 minutes to go and TD, TP, Bruce, Manu on the bench???

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2008, 06:39 AM
only brent barry can save us now

TampaDude
03-08-2008, 09:41 AM

Barry is coming back soon...all will be right for the playoffs...Spurs will repeat...BOOK IT!!! :toast

picnroll
03-08-2008, 09:55 AM
pop's not blowing smoke.
inspite of the record this team isn't playing close to last years team.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-08-2008, 10:04 AM
They ain't winning shit!
Hi Louis.

BonnerDynasty
03-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey Spurs, quit relying on jump shots and take it to the fucking rim!

Finley, quit being a ball hog and taking those ridiculously stupid jump shots.

Argiebabe
03-08-2008, 10:16 AM
No, they aren't better. Just older.

This year's team = Will be eliminated by the Lakers in the playoffs

So therefore, Pop is correct.

I can`t wait to meet your cocky little team.... then you will have to eat all of your stupid posts.
We might be old, but we are a TEAM, we are not a stars combo with arrogant creeps like your Lakers.

slayermin
03-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Pop was the one that didn't start Manu in the 2nd half. If he had, the result might have been different.

1Parker1
03-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Actually, if Brent comes back healthy from his injury, I think he's going to be a major asset to this team.

As last night showed, Udoka is still way too inconsistent to be reliable for the Spurs in a big time playoff situation. Combine that, with the fact that Finley is also a streaky shooter, Barry's 3 point shooting and ball handling last night would have been a big help.

1Parker1
03-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Pop was the one that didn't start Manu in the 2nd half. If he had, the result might have been different.

He had to. He had to create a scorer for the second unit which went 5-16.

slayermin
03-08-2008, 11:49 AM
He had to. He had to create a scorer for the second unit which went 5-16.

If he didn't start because of foul trouble, I can buy that.

But even with the second unit shooting 5-16, we were up 8.

SpurOutofTownFan
03-08-2008, 11:53 AM
yes.
good one.

-David

Who's the lady in the picture?

SpurOutofTownFan
03-08-2008, 11:57 AM
the big losers right now are the suns as the spurs will try to come back from this loss with a vengeance.

m33p0
03-08-2008, 12:01 PM
the big losers right now are the suns as the spurs will try to come back from this loss with a vengeance.

"Say hello to my little friend!" :makemyday

T Park
03-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Spurs win a squeeker sunday. Win monday.

Lose the next game, and then the soft card is brought.

Book it.

Budkin
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Barry is coming back soon...all will be right for the playoffs...Spurs will repeat...BOOK IT!!! :toast

I feel the same... we are going to be scary good come playoff time.

nkdlunch
03-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I am very pleased with Pop. But worst thing is that he is actually right. Spurs are struggling. Thank God whole league is struggling as well.

SequSpur
03-08-2008, 12:48 PM

:tu

jag
03-08-2008, 01:06 PM
POP is a master, but man, when pop suck POP SUCKS, WTF was that rotation, why you gave up so early.

I know MIke, TP, IME had a bad nights but come on POP we were close with 2 minutes to go and TD, TP, Bruce, Manu on the bench???

Playing the big 3 large minutes to get this win would not have been worth it. Especially when there's no guarantee we make a comeback with 5 min left.

Dex
03-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Pop just saying things he's supposed to say. :smokin

T Park
03-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I am very pleased with Pop. But worst thing is that he is actually right. Spurs are struggling. Thank God whole league is struggling as well.

At this time last year?
The Spurs are better than they were last year. Remember last year dropping games against Milwaukee and Boston?

Are they playing as good as they did in the playoffs last year? No.
But they never do in march. The play progressively gets better month to month.

word
03-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Parker hasn't been back that long. He'll get back in form and be more consistant but one thing I've noticed is they are passing away open shots they should be taking, imho.

Russ
03-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Pop knows the lineup he wants, he just doesn't want it to get stale before money time.

He wants to spring at just the right time and watch it take off. Till then, it's a shell game to keep from peaking too early. (Well, I hope, anyway.)

ClingingMars
03-08-2008, 06:50 PM
They ain't winning shit!

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0822/goaway.jpg

-Mars

GrandeDavid
03-08-2008, 07:00 PM

That always appears in January after the team loses a couple of games to serious lottery teams.

ClingingMars
03-08-2008, 07:08 PM

You are the biggest douchecock on this forum.

Get the fuck out.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10955/00000%20%2855%29.jpg

-Mars

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I agree with Pop, Spurs were playing up to their potential and were performing better as a unit.
This year's Spurs team isn't there yet.

I agree with others, on paper we're better. But guys like Ime have yet to prove themselves on the big stage, so hopefully they eliminate the low IQ bball mistakes in the regular season.

They've got some of the best mentors, leaders, so the new guys should be alright.

bdictjames
03-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Waiting Brent Barry, and this team will be back. If not better. I hope the Spurs blow out Phoenix.

Bianconera
03-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Actually, if Brent comes back healthy from his injury, I think he's going to be a major asset to this team.

As last night showed, Udoka is still way too inconsistent to be reliable for the Spurs in a big time playoff situation. Combine that, with the fact that Finley is also a streaky shooter, Barry's 3 point shooting and ball handling last night would have been a big help.

Brent Barry is definitely of great value to the Spurs (and to Manu :lol )
Ime is talented and hardworking but need more improvement for the playoff.

Let's have some paitence, and good things will happen in time. :king

playbonner15
11-23-2023, 11:13 PM
That leave nephew alone, waving at clouds thing is a way for media not to talk about Spurs being last in the West and having 9 losses in a row.... 5d checkers :bobo