PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Miss 9 FTs, lose by 1

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2005, 11:32 PM
We don't need a FT coach though.

:pctoss

manustarting2gd
01-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Lasik surgery for every single SPUR as well.

myhc
How long has this free throw issue been going on for the spurs? The last 5 years or so?

Kori Ellis
You really don't get it. The Spurs have brought in free throw coaches (no, not Brett Brown or the videographer). They've brought in sports psychologists.

There's a time when the guys just either fix it on their own, or they don't. I'm sick of your frickin' bitchin' on this subject. You don't know how many ways they've tried to fix it. So don't act like you do, and don't act they've done nothing.

scott
01-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Perhaps a little investigatory work would uncover free-throw lines at the Spurs practice facility 2 inches too short.

ShoogarBear
01-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Perhaps a little investigatory work would uncover free-throw lines at the Spurs practice facility 2 inches too short.

:rollin

Jimcs50
01-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Besides TP, they hit FTs at a season high percentage.

Jimcs50
01-10-2005, 11:42 PM
TP is the worst FT shooting guard in the NBA since AJ.....

T Park
01-10-2005, 11:42 PM
The Spurs have brought in free throw coaches (no, not Brett Brown or the videographer). They've brought in sports psychologists.

There's a time when the guys just either fix it on their own, or they don't. I'm sick of your frickin' bitchin' on this subject. You don't know how many ways they've tried to fix it. So don't act like you do, and don't act they've done nothing.

Hmm.

Kinda shoots a big hole in that theory.

But but but, ITS POP"S FAULT!!!!!

How about poor rebounding and poor D, being the culprits.

They shot over 70%

Duncan only missed, 1? 2?

Come on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Well I'm glad to see that they've at least attempted to do something with some sports psychologists (that's news to me, and I apologize Kori but that's the first I've heard of it).

It still baffles me that a team that plays as fast and loose as Dallas can bring in a FT shooting guru and go from worst to first in FT shooting, while an organization that prides itself on attention to detail like the Spurs can't find someone to fix the problem.

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 11:45 PM
The Jazz were running screen roll at the top the whole fourth quarter with moving screens and not one fucking call was made.

That is why the Spurs lost.

Crawford called a double technical on Manu and some Jazz Hoe, while Manu was lying on the ground.

Just not the night to win.

Kori Ellis
01-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Well if you've read the Express News this season, you would have seen several articles citing the fact that they've brought in freethrow coaches, psychologists, etc. Nothing has worked yet. But they are trying.

By the way, did you figure out yet that Duncan had 13 rebounds, not 3. :)

Tek_XX
01-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Spurs fans will have to live with missed free throws from this bunch, it is a fact of life with them.

You can bring in all you want to fix the problem but these guys have been playing basketball 15-20 years now, and if it isn't fixed by now it will never be.

T Park
01-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Aggie,

theyve brought in free throw coaches.

What else are they supposed to do.

Shrinks, coaches.

EVERYTHING.

But yet, its not enough.

Maybe, the players have to suck it up?!?!?!?!

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2005, 11:56 PM
did you figure out yet that Duncan had 13 rebounds, not 3

Yeah I did, thanks :shootme

I try to keep up with all the E-N articles, musta missed the one about sports psychologists.