PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Brothers for Wii Releasing at Midnight Sunday

Phil Hellmuth
03-08-2008, 02:51 PM
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/super_smash_bros_brawl_1280.jpg

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

9.5 rating by IGN.

I am going to buy a Wii just for this game.

SpursWoman
03-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah ... we just got back from Sam's and they were handing out flyers that they were going to be open just for this.

Phil Hellmuth
03-08-2008, 03:20 PM
that's got to be one of the worst game series of all time, and probably the most overrated

how so? you probably sucked at it and got beat by your friends in it and made fun of.

The series is fun, addictive, challenging, and great for both beginners and advanced players.

See what makes Nintendo so great at making games is the complexity and simplicity all in one game like Smash Bros.

manufor3
03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
go super smash!

Death In June
03-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Should be a good one. I'll be getting my copy tonight.

SpursWoman
03-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Is this something that will be sold out if I'm not in line at midnight like a crazy fool? My son wants it, but I'd rather just go pick it up tomorrow. :fro

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Eh. Wake me up on May 14th so I can go get Soul Calibur IV for my 360.

Shelly
03-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Is this something that will be sold out if I'm not in line at midnight like a crazy fool? My son wants it, but I'd rather just go pick it up tomorrow. :fro

ditto...I told him not to be disappointed if they don't have any tomorrow.

robino2001
03-08-2008, 07:26 PM
that's got to be one of the worst game series of all time, and probably the most overrated

While I won't say anything as strong, I will say it's one series I've never enjoyed at all - never got hooked on it, and I put it down as overrated in my book. I just don't get the hype. I went to gamestop last night to reserve wii fit for the wifey/family, and there was a list over 100 long for a super smash tournament tonight so it's popularity is definitely there.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2008, 08:48 PM
watch some of the tourny on youtube, you see some dude pwned everyone with just that pink fella KIRBY

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 10:03 PM
While I won't say anything as strong, I will say it's one series I've never enjoyed at all - never got hooked on it, and I put it down as overrated in my book. I just don't get the hype. I went to gamestop last night to reserve wii fit for the wifey/family, and there was a list over 100 long for a super smash tournament tonight so it's popularity is definitely there.
I ignore the hype, personally. Despite the tone of my first post in this thread, I absolutely love the series, and it's for a couple of reasons. First, it's a great game to play with other people. Second....I'm good at it. :lol

E20
03-08-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't play pussified fighting games. AKA Cute italian characters, pink clouds, green elfed meterosexuals, and yellow pokemon.

Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat FTW.

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I don't play pussified fighting games. AKA Cute italian characters, pink clouds, green elfed meterosexuals, and yellow pokemon.

A fighter's a fighter, dude.

Death In June
03-08-2008, 10:16 PM
He plays Tekken. He's obviously a total badass. Lower crust elitist nerds ftl.

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey, I play Tekken every now and then, too...but the Soul Calibur franchise is probably my favorite at the moment...but it'll *never* replace Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

E20
03-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Fag, you're playing as meterosexual pussy faggot Link, dumbshit Pikachu, Mario, and Kirby............................................. ......................

Pokemon card collecting faggots who like kiddy anime characters FTL

Plus Tekken is incredibly sick. Tekken 5 had some of the best gameplay, voice acting, enviorments I've played in a 3-D fighting game.

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Fag, you're playing as meterosexual pussy faggot Link, dumbshit Pikachu, Mario, and Kirby............................................. ......................

You're both being elitist children about this.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2008, 10:28 PM
mk3 ULTIMATE :D:D

SMOKE owns all...teleport uppercut + jump kick + press block to grapple and throw = a third to half of your HP energy bar gone....3 moves only and you win lol....GLITCHED

I also like KABAL, if your really good with him, you can do like 12-20 hit combos

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 10:31 PM

SMOKE owns all...teleport uppercut + jump kick + press block to grapple and throw = a third to half of your HP energy bar gone....3 moves only and you win lol....GLITCHED

I also like KABAL, if your really good with him, you can do like 12-20 hit combos
I'm more a Sub-Zero guy. MK2 was the first game in the series I played and, like Blackheart for the Marvel/X-Men vs. Capcom/Street Fighter series, I picked up S-Z because I thought he looked cool. But I haven't touched the MK series since I bought Armageddon.

E20
03-08-2008, 10:32 PM

If you played MK Triology pick rain and do a roundhouse over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over LMAO................................Toasty.

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 10:33 PM
If you played MK Triology pick rain and do a roundhouse over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over LMAO................................Toasty.
I always thought it was funny that Rain was purple.

Death In June
03-08-2008, 10:46 PM

Plus Tekken is incredibly sick. Tekken 5 had some of the best gameplay, voice acting, enviorments I've played in a 3-D fighting game.Relax, guy. There's no reason to get so butt hurt over what someone says on a message board. If it bothers you that much, removing the stick from your vagina gets you out of the forum a lot quicker than writing an angry message to me. And for future reference, all you managed to accomplish by that sniveling rant was to prove that you're really just some 15 year old with an inferiority complex that likes to make a public fool of himself on the internet.

E20
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm a pokemon collecting fag.
That's nice to know..................

Let's get some fucking shit straight:
A) I'm 19
B) I fucking curse and take shit seriously for comdeic purposes on this forum, albeit it fails sometimes, I've been doing this for 4 years, so it's pretty useless to tell me to stop.
C) I'm not butt hurt.

BTW....... you're a fag Death in June, whatever the fuck that kind of name is, moreso than ShagiaFrost (no offense Shag, more of a compliment).

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 10:51 PM
So, anyone else play Marvel vs. Capcom 2 recently? I found my PS2 copy 2 days ago, and haven't put it down since. Well, except now, and when I work. And sleep.

E20
03-08-2008, 10:53 PM
So, anyone else play Marvel vs. Capcom 2 recently? I found my PS2 copy 2 days ago, and haven't put it down since. Well, except now, and when I work. And sleep.
I play probably once a week, but the game is lacking compared to X-Men COTA, X-Men vs SF, Marvel vs Capcom, because the music sucks (It's like fuckign elevator music or something) and the layout sucks, and sometimes the controls are unresponsive as shit and the CPU can get annoying, espeically with Wolverine and Jin, because all they do is some long ass drawn out 12 hit air combo over.

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I play probably once a week, but the game is lacking compared to X-Men COTA, X-Men vs SF, Marvel vs Capcom, because the music sucks (It's like fuckign elevator music or something) and the layout sucks, and sometimes the controls are unresponsive as shit and the CPU can get annoying, espeically with Wolverine and Jin, because all they do is some long ass drawn out 12 hit air combo over.
Mm. I'm one of those people who plays fighters with the music off and the sound effects on, and has iTunes running in the same room. I make my own soundtrack, if you will. But yeah, I can see where you'd say it was lacking compared to its predecessors. I used to play it competetively when I lived down in SA, actually :lol

Death In June
03-08-2008, 10:57 PM

E20
03-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah I saw your post, I'm not trying to be high and mighty about it, I guess you don't know me.

Hi, I'm E20, I tell people that if I don't like something I go around and say that blank is better than blank and that blank sucks, because "state some reason".

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't see anything in his post saying anything *specifically* about Tekken. He mentioned, only by name, Tekken, SF, and MK, so I think *you're* the one who took issue with that statement and attacked him because of it.

Death In June
03-08-2008, 11:04 PM

A) I'm 19
B) I fucking curse and take shit seriously for comdeic purposes on this forum, albeit it fails sometimes, I've been doing this for 4 years, so it's pretty useless to tell me to stop.
C) I'm not butt hurt.

BTW....... you're a fag Death in June, whatever the fuck that kind of name is, moreso than ShagiaFrost (no offense Shag, more of a compliment).You dont need to tell me your credentials, life history, resume or whatever in order to give justification to your messages. You're 19, and you can barely string sentences together, I get it. I don't know how you got on the internet, but my guess is that your well-trained staff of retard handlers left you alone when they went to look for your toy duck that squirts chocolate when you squeeze it.

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 11:05 PM

A) I'm 19
C) I'm not butt hurt.

BTW....... you're a fag Death in June, whatever the fuck that kind of name is, moreso than ShagiaFrost (no offense Shag, more of a compliment).
:lol Dude, I didn't even notice this until DiJ quoted it.

E20
03-08-2008, 11:05 PM
You dont need to tell me your credentials, life history, resume or whatever in order to give justification to your messages. You're 19, and you can barely type string sentences together, I get it. I don't know how you got on the intenert, but my guess is that your well-trained staff of retard handlers left you alone when they went to look for your toy duck that squirts chocolate when you squeeze it.
Dude, that's some fucking lame smack. You bring out the grammEr retort and then some pussy fucking weak smack. You gotta raise your smack, I've been hit with much worse. :hat

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 11:06 PM
You dont need to tell me your credentials, life history, resume or whatever in order to give justification to your messages. You're 19, and you can barely string sentences together, I get it. I don't know how you got on the internet, but my guess is that your well-trained staff of retard handlers left you alone when they went to look for your toy duck that squirts chocolate when you squeeze it.
A toy duck that squirts chocolate when you squeeze it? Dude, that'd be freaking AWESOME!

Death In June
03-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Dude, that's some fucking lame smack. You bring out the grammEr retort and then some pussy fucking weak smack. You gotta raise your smack, I've been hit with much worse. :hat

you've been hit with "better smack" you sound like that no talent cocksucker jim rome, and considering you'd probably be in a basement in your grandma's house if we weren't below sea level, i'm going to assume that you get your kicks hanging outwith your retarded "smack" talking friends, you're 19...go fuck yourself you barely matter, and if you do it's in a fucking spurs chat...do you see how fucking pathetic your life has become and always will be, you could have deturred this, but you're a fucking moron and it's too late. good job standing up to my previous comments like it didn't make you cry yourself to sleep, but we all, well at least i, know that you're just a fucking punk ass little bitch who gratifies himself to picture of manu dunking, go kill yourself please and do us all a favor, you worthless fuck.

E20
03-08-2008, 11:24 PM
you've been hit with "better smack" you sound like that no talent cocksucker jim rome, and considering you'd probably be in a basement in your grandma's house if we weren't below sea level, i'm going to assume that you get your kicks hanging outwith your retarded "smack" talking friends, you're 19...go fuck yourself you barely matter, and if you do it's in a fucking spurs chat...do you see how fucking pathetic your life has become and always will be, you could have deturred this, but you're a fucking moron and it's too late. good job standing up to my previous comments like it didn't make you cry yourself to sleep, but we all, well at least i, know that you're just a fucking punk ass little bitch who gratifies himself to picture of manu dunking, go kill yourself please and do us all a favor, you worthless fuck.
That's an improvement, but it's more like a bunch of shit, I mean how can you cap on somebody for having a picture of a Spurs player on a Spurs board? Plus how can you infer my life is fucked with a couple of posts on a Spurs board? It kind of looks like your the one taking the points seriously, I mean you wrote like 50 paragraph essay and wasted your time. Still lame. Oh yeah and also you forgot to captilize I and there are a bunch of comma splice errors.

Well, it's safe to say I hit a nerve. :clap :elephant

You choade has been bloaded :hat

Death In June
03-08-2008, 11:28 PM
That's an improvement, but it's more like a bunch of shit, I mean how can you cap on somebody for having a picture of a Spurs player on a Spurs board? Plus how can you infer my life is fucked with a couple of posts on a Spurs board? It kind of looks like your the one taking the points seriously, I mean you wrote like 50 paragraph essay and wasted your time. Still lame. Oh yeah and also you forgot to captilize I and there are a bunch of comma splice errors.

Well, it's safe to say I hit a nerve. :clap :elephant

You choade has been bloaded :hat

dude, you're 19. YOU DO NOT MATTER. is it that hard...wait you're a fucking moron, sorry.

E20
03-08-2008, 11:31 PM
dude, you're 19. YOU DO NOT MATTER. is it that hard...wait you're a fucking moron, sorry.
Thanks for reafirmming your position that you care with another post. :tu

LMAO at the "Your only 19 smack".

Death In June
03-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for reafirmming your position that you care with another post. :tu

LMAO at the "Your only 19 smack".

have you seen commando? that movie kicks ass.

E20
03-08-2008, 11:34 PM
have you seen commando? that movie kicks ass.
Thanks for reafrimming your position that you care with another post. :tu

Yeah I've seen commando, it's pretty cool, especially with the scene in the airport where Arnold cracks the guys neck and he's like: Can you get a blanket for my friend he's dead tired. I LMAO'd my ass off at that part, but
Sylvester Stallone >>> Arnold Swacherger or however the fuck you spell it.

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Damn, they need to make Sinister a playable character in an X-Men game.

E20
03-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Damn, they need to make Sinister a playable character in an X-Men game.
You ever heard of Mugen? He's playable in Mugen, as well as a bunch of others.

Death In June
03-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks for reafrimming your position that you care with another post. :tu

Yeah I've seen commando, it's pretty cool, especially with the scene in the airport where Arnold cracks the guys neck and he's like: Can you get a blanket for my friend he's dead tired. I LMAO'd my ass off at that part, but
Sylvester Stallone >>> Arnold Swacherger or however the fuck you spell it.

No way, sly was cool in cobra...but, arnie is the governator AND HE KILLED THE PREDATOR. i'll give you that sly kicked wesley snipes into about a billion pieces, but i mean COME ON ARNOLD CO-STARED WITH SINBAD IN JINGLE ALL THE WAY!!! man, that movie was fucking amazingly bad and the STILL elected him Governator, besides, he cums when he works out! can YOU cum and get buff at the same time? ARNOLD CAN AND DOES!

i'm gonna go drink more and buy smash brothers, later fellas

Mister Sinister
03-08-2008, 11:42 PM
You ever heard of Mugen? He's playable in Mugen, as well as a bunch of others.
Oh, yeah. I used to play a LOT of Mugen back in the day. Still, it'd be nice to see him in an official release, y'know? Or maybe it's just me. I like Sinister.

E20
03-08-2008, 11:43 PM
No way, sly was cool in cobra...but, arnie is the governator AND HE KILLED THE PREDATOR. i'll give you that sly kicked wesley snipes into about a billion pieces, but i mean COME ON ARNOLD CO-STARED WITH SINBAD IN JINGLE ALL THE WAY!!! man, that movie was fucking amazingly bad and the STILL elected him Governator, besides, he cums when he works out! can YOU cum and get buff at the same time? ARNOLD CAN AND DOES!
LMAO What a turn of events.

I don't follow Arnold after he started doing family movies. I've always been a Sylvester Stallone fan to the fucking max. Shit Rambo, Rocky, Cobra, Tango and Cash, Nighthawks, Over the Top. Slyvester Stallone OWNS anybody inculding chuck norris.

E20
03-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh, yeah. I used to play a LOT of Mugen back in the day. Still, it'd be nice to see him in an official release, y'know? Or maybe it's just me. I like Sinister.
I'm not so sure what attacks he would have, it'd pretty tough since nobody really knows his powers. The only ones I know are that he doesn't age or something and he can shoot lasters out of his eyes. :lol

Xylus
03-08-2008, 11:46 PM
You dont need to tell me your credentials, life history, resume or whatever in order to give justification to your messages. You're 19, and you can barely string sentences together, I get it. I don't know how you got on the internet, but my guess is that your well-trained staff of retard handlers left you alone when they went to look for your toy duck that squirts chocolate when you squeeze it.
:lol

It's true, E20, you're a bit of a retard. Hate to break it to ya.

E20
03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
:lol

It's true, E20, you're a bit of a retard. Hate to break it to ya.
Well what can I say?

Death In June
03-08-2008, 11:47 PM

I don't follow Arnold after he started doing family movies. I've always been a Sylvester Stallone fan to the fucking max. Shit Rambo, Rocky, Cobra, Tango and Cash, Nighthawks, Over the Top. Slyvester Stallone OWNS anybody inculding chuck norris.

"Walker....bit by rattler...." then he passes out. you can never ever beat that kind of acting from a karate champion. alright, later i'm WAY too into warlock to continue

E20
03-08-2008, 11:49 PM
LMAO Death in June is either wasted or someone is using his account, because he went from hostile to chill pretty fast.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-09-2008, 12:23 AM
all of y'all need to stop listening to AFI and shoot yourselves in the mouth

leemajors
03-09-2008, 01:01 AM

stop. or my mom will shoot.

Mister Sinister
03-09-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm not so sure what attacks he would have, it'd pretty tough since nobody really knows his powers. The only ones I know are that he doesn't age or something and he can shoot lasters out of his eyes. :lol
:lol He also has the ability to shove Xavier down stairs. Well, in Ultimate, anyway. Yeah, his powers, IIRC, are the extended longevity (Granted to him by Apocalypse), super strength/speed/reflexes (Granted either by Apocalypse, or his own experiments on himself), the eye lasers, some form of telepathy/telekinesis/mind control, and I'm *fairly* certain Dr. Essex also has a healing factor.

E20
03-09-2008, 01:30 AM
stop. or my mom will shoot.
That Oscar movie and Stop or my mom will shoot are movies people should not bring up, it's like bringing up slavery in a discussion about the USA, you just don't bring that kind of dark side shit up.

jman3000
03-09-2008, 02:22 AM
im playing it now... pit is the shit... so is zelda. ike is slow as all fuck.

johnpaulwall21
03-09-2008, 12:27 PM
ive put in about 6 hours into multiplayer mode and I think this is the best one of the series...

Dex
03-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Is that chick next to Link supposed to be Zelda?

Whatever happened to the days she was a helpless priss that needed saving?

Shelly
03-09-2008, 02:17 PM
FYI

I was able to pick one up at Play-N-Trade on Bandera. They had another copy left after my son bought his and the guy working there said his boss had two copies at home.

Slinkyman
03-09-2008, 08:09 PM

I don't know of a more 'pussified' fighting game then Mortal Kombat, it's a total noob fighter. Virtua Fighter is the real deal, that and soul calibur. MK is for Kidz.

Phil Hellmuth
03-09-2008, 11:50 PM
played it today and think it is awesome.

it will be hard going back to playing Gamecube Melee because it basically is a huge upgrade.

E20
03-10-2008, 12:06 AM
I don't know of a more 'pussified' fighting game then Mortal Kombat, it's a total noob fighter. Virtua Fighter is the real deal, that and soul calibur. MK is for Kidz.
Your saying MK is pussy? With all it's blood and gore, and hilarious fatalities.

I've never played Virtua Fighter, I have Virtua Fighte 4, but it doesn't really appeal to me, gameplay sorta sucks and is pretty slow and they try to hard to make it realistic, and I don't like that. Why am I playing a video game in the 1st place? To get out of reality, not to play something realistic. My top fighting game franchises:

1. Street Fighter, nothing really comes close to this. I guess number 2/3 is Tekken/MK in no particular order.

Yeah if you play MK play me in Armageddon online and I'll noob your ass up.

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Your saying MK is pussy? With all it's blood and gore, and hilarious fatalities.

I've never played Virtua Fighter, I have Virtua Fighte 4, but it doesn't really appeal to me, gameplay sorta sucks and is pretty slow and they try to hard to make it realistic, and I don't like that. Why am I playing a video game in the 1st place? To get out of reality, not to play something realistic. My top fighting game franchises:

1. Street Fighter, nothing really comes close to this. I guess number 2/3 is Tekken/MK in no particular order.

Yeah if you play MK play me in Armageddon online and I'll noob your ass up.So you like games with little to no strategy? Figures that's why VF4 didn't appeal to you.

Soul Calibur is still the best fighting game ever imo. If anyone had a DC, you know what I'm talking about.

Speaking of games with little to no strategy, Marvel vs. Capcom was awesome. Having those insane super moves go off and oblierate your opponents was a sight to behold.

Has anyone seen the SFIV trailer and gameplay? We should have an online tourney here when that game comes out.

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm going to get this game first day it's out.

VCfDLP1iJDQ

E20
03-10-2008, 12:23 AM
So you like games with little to no strategy? Figures that's why VF4 didn't appeal to you.

Soul Calibur is still the best fighting game ever imo. If anyone had a DC, you know what I'm talking about.

Speaking of games with little to no strategy, Marvel vs. Capcom was awesome. Having those insane super moves go off and oblierate your opponents was a sight to behold.

Has anyone seen the SFIV trailer and gameplay? We should have an online tourney here when that game comes out.
Yeah pretty much that goes for fighting games, I do play RPG's so can't throw out strategy as a whole.

As Bruce Lee said you want to be thinking, but not thinking. Whatever that means, but generally I don't like it in a fighting game when there is a thing/trick you have to do to beat an opponent, rather you react to your opponents move and counter etc. Basically how good you actually are at the game with a character should tell you whether or not you will beat your opponent, not some strategy. Also fast paced fighting is where it's at and that's why the latter Street Fighter games are my favs, also the former MK game especially MK Triology >> these newer 3-D ones, way too slow. In fact 2-D side scrolling fighting game >> 3-D anytime.

Heath Ledger
03-10-2008, 12:25 AM
So have you boned Stallone yet?

E20
03-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm going to get this game first day it's out.

VCfDLP1iJDQ
Hopefully Street Fighter IV is faster than Street Fighter III thrid strike, that game was fun, but a little too slow. Also hopefully M.Bison makes a return, as well as Sagat and a majority of the characters from SFA3. Continuity error in the clip though, Ryu should have said Denjinn-Hadokuen, because clearly it was a Denjiin Hadokuen.

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Yeah pretty much that goes for fighting games, I do play RPG's so can't throw out strategy as a whole.

As Bruce Lee said you want to be thinking, but not thinking. Whatever that means, but generally I don't like it in a fighting game when there is a thing/trick you have to do to beat an opponent, rather you react to your opponents move and counter etc. Basically how good you actually are at the game with a character should tell you whether or not you will beat your opponent, not some strategy. Also fast paced fighting is where it's at and that's why the latter Street Fighter games are my favs, also the former MK game especially MK Triology >> these newer 3-D ones, way too slow. In fact 2-D side scrolling fighting game >> 3-D anytime.Heh by what you're describing, you would love the Super Smash Bros. series.

Some of the cheapest characters ever are 2-D which is also ironic that you would say "thing/trick you have to do to beat an opponent".

Have you tried the Guilty Gear series or King of Fighters series?

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Hopefully Street Fighter IV is faster than Street Fighter III thrid strike, that game was fun, but a little too slow. Also hopefully M.Bison makes a return, as well as Sagat and a majority of the characters from SFA3. Continuity error in the clip though, Ryu should have said Denjinn-Hadokuen, because clearly it was a Denjiin Hadokuen.ALL the original 8 plus the 4 bosses are returning in SFIV which takes place after SFII from what I heard. There's gameplay videos of Balrog and Sagat fighting on youtube from SFIV.

Saying all that though, I really wanna see how Vega is in this game. That cage stage from the original SFII was a classic.

E20
03-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Heh by what you're describing, you would love the Super Smash Bros. series.

Some of the cheapest characters ever are 2-D which is also ironic that you would say "thing/trick you have to do to beat an opponent".

Have you tried the Guilty Gear series or King of Fighters series?
I've played King of FIghters, when I was like 7-9, but never knew what I was playing back then. I've played the crossovers KOF vs SF. Never played Guilty Gear X.

Now that I've thought about it, there is no fighting game in which you can't use a strategy, because the way you use your character would be a strategy. Generally when I play a cheap character(CPU) in a 2-D game like Wolverine, Jin, or Strider Hiryu from Marvel vs Capcom all I do is throw projectiles at them or do a QCB+K, so they can't get close to me to do their 58 hit combos on me.

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I've played King of FIghters, when I was like 7-9, but never knew what I was playing back then. I've played the crossovers KOF vs SF. Never played Guilty Gear X.

Now that I've thought about it, there is no fighting game in which you can't use a strategy, because the way you use your character would be a strategy. Generally when I play a cheap character(CPU) in a 2-D game like Wolverine, Jin, or Strider Hiryu from Marvel vs Capcom all I do is throw projectiles at them or do a QCB+K, so they can't get close to me to do their 58 hit combos on me.That's true in a sense but have you ever played with a button masher and they get a win off of you? Geez.

E20
03-10-2008, 12:48 AM
That's true in a sense but have you ever played with a button masher and they get a win off of you? Geez.
When the guy is mashing the buttons I get at the end of the screen and throw projectiles at them.

What type of SF characters do you play? The charge characters ala Guile or the fireball motion characters like Ryu/Ken. I generally use Ken, Akuma, or Sagat.

I've always wanted to play charge characters just because of Guiles/Charlies Somersault justice move, really hard to do but really cool Charge DB 2sec, DF, UF, UB, DF + KKK, I've peeled the skin of my thumb/got water bumps because of trying to master Guile lol.

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 12:53 AM
When the guy is mashing the buttons I get at the end of the screen and throw projectiles at them.

What type of SF characters do you play? The charge characters ala Guile or the fireball motion characters like Ryu/Ken. I generally use Ken, Akuma, or Sagat.

I've always wanted to play charge characters just because of Guiles/Charlies Somersault justice move, really hard to do but really cool Charge DB 2sec, DF, UF, UB, DF + KKK, I've peeled the skin of my thumb/got water bumps because of trying to master Guile lol.Hell yeah.. Ryu/Ken motion characters are the most powerful to me so that's who I use. The charge characters have that two second delay which is a total weakness but that weakness is when you play as them. The freaking computer doesn't even charge up and can do multiple Blanka rolls/ E. Honda head butts/ Guile's Sonic Booms without a hiccup. That's what was awesome about SFII back in its glory. I used to beat people who were way older than I was in 1992. Good times.

E20
03-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Hell yeah.. Ryu/Ken motion characters are the most powerful to me so that's who I use. The charge characters have that two second delay which is a total weakness but that weakness is when you play as them. The freaking computer doesn't even charge up and can do multiple Blanka rolls/ E. Honda head butts/ Guile's Sonic Booms without a hiccup. That's what was awesome about SFII back in its glory. I used to beat people who were way older than I was in 1992. Good times.
The CPU charges while jumping and or crouches down throws some punches while he does a charge. Also before the round even starts you can charge.

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 01:05 AM
The CPU charges while jumping and or crouches down throws some punches while he does a charge. Also before the round even starts you can charge.haha I know the player can do that but the CPU doesn't do that at all especially on the hardest difficulty.

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 01:35 AM
xwkk9vpU4uU

E20
03-10-2008, 01:37 AM
xwkk9vpU4uU
That commerical made me ROFL, but also made me mad, beacause that is a fucking disgrace.

But the ROFL part was more..........wild guile in style, kung fu 1-2 ryu, wicked mbison comes out slicin......classic LMAO

Fillmoe
03-10-2008, 01:38 AM
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/super_smash_bros_brawl_1280.jpg

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

9.5 rating by IGN.

I am going to buy a Wii just for this game.

i beat off 3 times last night to this picture..... im gonna go cop that shit tomorrow!

NASpurs
03-10-2008, 01:40 AM
That commerical made me ROFL, but also made me mad, beacause that is a fucking disgrace.

But the ROFL part was more..........wild guile in style, kung fu 1-2 ryu, wicked mbison comes out slicin......classic LMAOMakes me wonder why there's no Chun Li action figure. You know how dudes are... they would probably have her in weird sexual positions.

Fillmoe
03-10-2008, 01:45 AM
cuz chun li is a g**k

E20
03-10-2008, 01:47 AM
cuz chun li is a g**k
lmao I remember you got banned for that.

Chun Li is one of the more annoying characters. I just don't like her, because her moves stink and they way she says them, she's chinese, but says all her moves in japanese or with a japaense accent.

Fillmoe
03-10-2008, 01:50 AM
i had to edit it because i didnt feel like getting banned again... and this time i dont have camron to bail me out... no homo

Trainwreck2100
03-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Is that chick next to Link supposed to be Zelda?

Whatever happened to the days she was a helpless priss that needed saving?

that's zero suit samus

ATRAIN
03-10-2008, 07:14 AM
my neighbors bought this game and I went over to check it out, damn this game and backgrounds move really fast. It looked ok though.

J.T.
03-10-2008, 09:15 AM

Chun Li is one of the more annoying characters. I just don't like her, because her moves stink and they way she says them, she's chinese, but says all her moves in japanese or with a japaense accent.

Well, who do you think makes all these videogames you play? Like they're gonna get some Chinaman lady to say Chun Li's moves when they can just get the office skank to do it and save money.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2008, 10:53 AM
cuz chun li is a g**kyou actually got banned for typing that. did you mention it or call someone that directly on here?

Mister Sinister
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM

This is probably a dumb question, but has Akuma been confirmed for SFIV yet?

E20
03-10-2008, 12:21 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but has Akuma been confirmed for SFIV yet?
I'm not sure, but I hope so Akuma is fucking bad ass.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_IV#Characters

It says all the characters from SFII and if they are counting Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Akuma was in that. It'd be foolish not to put him in, he was in the last one.

CuckingFunt
03-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I must really be feeling the effects of Daylight Savings Time, because I just spent a solid five minutes trying to figure out why Fillmoe would have been banned for calling someone a "geek."

Mister Sinister
03-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure, but I hope so Akuma is fucking bad ass.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_IV#Characters

It says all the characters from SFII and if they are counting Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Akuma was in that. It'd be foolish not to put him in, he was in the last one.
Fucking *win.* Akuma is the balls. I never play with anyone else in SF anymore. :lol He was another one I picked up because I thought he looked cool, just like Blackheart.

DarkReign
03-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I must really be feeling the effects of Daylight Savings Time, because I just spent a solid five minutes trying to figure out why Fillmoe would have been banned for calling someone a "geek."

Try a different double vowel in the word "geek"...

DarkReign
03-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok, I tried Melee back in the day (never liked GC, but thats neither here nor there).

The only system my wife will play is Wii, and frankly, Bowling is getting old and Mario Party just straight blows.

Is this something she would enjoy? I personally dont get it, but reading the reviews and seeing the lines at Gamestop make me wonder.

Death In June
03-11-2008, 01:54 AM
If you didnt like the first one, you're not gonna like this one. Chicks don't seem to dig it either. They're usually disoriented with all the moving crap on screen.

Fillmoe
03-12-2008, 11:28 AM

lol... i hope you are joking....

CuckingFunt
03-12-2008, 01:54 PM
lol... i hope you are joking....Partly.

It was an exaggeration to say that it took me five minutes to figure out what you were saying, but "geek" was the first word that came to mind when I saw your post.

tp2021
03-12-2008, 02:31 PM

A) I'm 19

OH DAMN! EVERYBODY LOOK OUT! HE'S 19, AND HE CAN WIPE HIS OWN ASS! DAMN!

Mister Sinister
03-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, MAH BOI Ganondorf plays like I remember, so that's good.

E20
03-12-2008, 05:20 PM
OH DAMN! EVERYBODY LOOK OUT! HE'S 19, AND HE CAN WIPE HIS OWN ASS! DAMN!
Dude.............................................. ......................................you're not cool/funny.