PDA

View Full Version : Houston releases Green

macdude06
03-08-2008, 04:46 PM
The Rockets released Gerald Green on Saturday to make room for new addition Mike Harris.

Green came to the Rockets in a trade for Kirk Snyder but was never able to dent the rotation
houston cronicle..

i liked this kid :fro

timvp
03-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Damn, this kid has fallen fast. Not too long ago he was considered a high level prospect. He must have some extreme personality flaw or something for teams to be giving up on a 22-year-old athletic freak with a decent outside stroke.

I wouldn't mind the Spurs signing him for the rest of the season just to secure his rights and let him play on their summer league team.

manufor3
03-08-2008, 04:51 PM
wow...

Matchman
03-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Damn, this kid has fallen fast. Not too long ago he was considered a high level prospect. He must have some extreme personality flaw or something for teams to be giving up on a 22-year-old athletic freak with a decent outside stroke.

I wouldn't mind the Spurs signing him for the rest of the season just to secure his rights and let him play on their summer league team.

no, he got the houston skyline tatooed to his arm so he will be a rocket for life. :clap
we didnt give up on him. Carl Landry is injured and we desperately need some depth at the PF/C position.

JamStone
03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
maybe that missing finger really hurt him

macdude06
03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
no, he got the houston skyline tatooed to his arm so he will be a rocket for life. :clap
we didnt give up on him. Carl Landry is injured and we desperately need some depth at the PF/C position.

The Rockets signed forward Mike Harris to a 10-day contract on Saturday, waiving Gerald Green to clear space for him on the roster.

Harris was signed because Carl Landry will miss Saturday's game with a knee injury and the Rockets needed some front-court depth

ChumpDumper
03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I was wondering where Harris was all this time -- he's been in China. Houston can't get enough of those undersized PFs.
we didnt give up on him.You waived him.

Matchman
03-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I was wondering where Harris was all this time -- he's been in China. Houston can't get enough of those undersized PFs.

under-sized PFs never succeed in the NBA

signed,
Carlos Boozer, Dennis Rodman, and Charles Barkley

look, i aint comparing them to Mike Harris and Carl Landry but they sure have potentials, harris was having Yi's stat in china (24pts, 12 reb per game)
and honestly, tell me which FA big man is good so we can sign him?

ChumpDumper
03-08-2008, 05:08 PM
under-sized PFs never succeed in the NBAI wasn't making fun of them. Don't get so defensive.

Matchman
03-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I wasn't making fun of them. Don't get so defensive.

ok we cool :toast
but our frontcourt is sooo thin that we have to waive fans fave gerald green

ChumpDumper
03-08-2008, 05:17 PM
and honestly, tell me which FA big man is good so we can sign him?Harris is probably as good a temporary plug-and-play option as the Rockets can get since he was in training camp. If they were looking for a big man through the playoffs I'd scout Tony Massenburg in the BSN to see if he has anything left. If they were looking to keep someone past this season, I'd give a 10-day to Rod Benson. I don't know how an expiring 10-day would affect Harris' playoff eligibility, but he's the kind of player the Spurs could use at the end of the bench if they can't find a long SF.

robbie380
03-08-2008, 05:32 PM

harris is more of a 3. i like the signing. harris played really well in the preseason but we dropped him because we couldn't get rid of snyder in a trade. it was more of a financial move than a basketball one. i know adelman was really unhappy with us having to cut harris so i am glad he is back.

gerald green is a nice athlete but doesn't have a great basketball iq. it's too bad we can't just put him in the d-league since we traded for him with the idea of him being a prospect. he also knew that coming in. isn't the rule you can't have more than 2 year of nba experience to play in the d-league or something like that?

ChumpDumper
03-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, Green had already played in the D-League -- probably not enough.

Harris played mostly PF in Colorado last year since the whole team was pretty undersized. I always liked his game but there is some work he needs to do on his perimeter skills before he can be considered a true SF.

Indazone
03-08-2008, 05:39 PM
harris is more of a 3. i like the signing. harris played really well in the preseason but we dropped him because we couldn't get rid of snyder in a trade. it was more of a financial move than a basketball one. i know adelman was really unhappy with us having to cut harris so i am glad he is back.

gerald green is a nice athlete but doesn't have a great basketball iq. it's too bad we can't just put him in the d-league since we traded for him with the idea of him being a prospect. he also knew that coming in. isn't the rule you can't have more than 2 year of nba experience to play in the d-league or something like that?

Guess Green lets his agent sniff around for any other opportunities. He should have gone on to play college ball. He's not ready for the Pro's. If nothing else, he can always go play in Europe but even then I don't think he's ready. He's still young enough that I actually think he should take the money he's made and enroll in a good college basketball program.

ChumpDumper
03-08-2008, 05:45 PM
If no NBA team picks him up, Green should try to latch on to a Puerto Rican league team. It's a good level of play for him, they just recently started their season and will play right up to the NBA summer leagues.

macdude06
03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Guess Green lets his agent sniff around for any other opportunities. He should have gone on to play college ball. He's not ready for the Pro's. If nothing else, he can always go play in Europe but even then I don't think he's ready. He's still young enough that I actually think he should take the money he's made and enroll in a good college basketball program.

how would that work?? just a question...if he went back to college for 4 years..would he be able to re enter the draft or play college ball?

DaDakota
03-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Harris is a power SF in the mold of Shawn Marion....or Bonzi Wells....

DD

ChumpDumper
03-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure he has no college eligibility after making several million dollars as a pro.