PDA

View Full Version : Toronto, Houston and now this...

TwoHandJam
01-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Many in here scoffed when I and Boutons said that the Spurs lose games sometimes because of a lack of focus and intensity. Here we are vindicated yet again.

In this case, the Spurs decided to take a severely undermanned Jazz team lightly and thought they could outscore them instead of playing defense. They thought wrong.

Some in here should recognize that they were wrong. The Spurs are among the most consistent teams in basketball but they most certainly lose games that they shouldn't because of a lack of focus or effort. Remember when I lamented that we don't have a player that fires up the team as opposed to Pop doing it all the time?

Well Pop didn't fire them up this time they lapsed. We all know the result.

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Phoenix > Spurs.

Reality.

Nikos
01-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Maybe they just aren't good enough to dominate the lesser teams? Like the Suns and most dominant regular season teams of the past. (Not that the Suns will win 70 or anything).

Walton Buys Off Me
01-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Phoenix > Spurs.

Reality.

Mark down Friday, January 21 as the night when all the Phoenix Suns talk comes to an abrupt halt. Spurs will invade America West and it won't only be Colangelo left with the iffy prostate. And that's a Walton guarantee.

JsnSA
01-10-2005, 11:46 PM
We just play down to the lesser teams is all.

It doesnt worry me so much...because we USUALLY beat the good ones.

Its been this way for years...Spurs just have a tendency to let thier guard down against teams that they should beat easily.

Especially if those teams are missing important players.

Anyone remember us ruining a good streak by losing to an AI-less Sixers last year??

It was the same thing tonight.

Its happened plenty of times before...and it will happen again. Just get used to it.

It doesnt mean we wont win it all.

T Park
01-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Phoenix > Spurs.

Reality

Didnt the Spurs beat the crap out of the Suns a couple weeks ago??

Or was that the night of your barney and friends bowling tournament.

SequSpur
01-10-2005, 11:49 PM
At least the Suns take care of business. The Spurs are what 4 or 5 games back now? Looks like they will be on the road in the playoffs.

No allstar game for Pop again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2005, 11:50 PM
You're an ass TwoHand, go find a new team to follow.

Just kidding, good observation and good take. I think Manu, Tony, and Horry are all those kind of guys who could fire up a team, but they're not allowed to take the leadership reign from TD on this team.

Actually the man with the most fire on this squad is Massenberg, we should have put him in there just to knock the shit out of Okur a few times.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-10-2005, 11:51 PM
No allstar game for Pop again.

I think that's a good thing. No one wants to see defense in a pick up game.

TwoHandJam
01-10-2005, 11:57 PM
We just play down to the lesser teams is all.

It doesnt worry me so much...because we USUALLY beat the good ones.

Its been this way for years...Spurs just have a tendency to let thier guard down against teams that they should beat easily.

Especially if those teams are missing important players.

Anyone remember us ruining a good streak by losing to an AI-less Sixers last year??

It was the same thing tonight.

Its happened plenty of times before...and it will happen again. Just get used to it.

It doesnt mean we wont win it all.It doesn't guarantee we won't win it all but it certainly doesn't help our cause.

Any one of these ridiculous games we've dropped could cost us HCA over Phoenix. How will you feel then?

I recognize that the Spurs have this problem but others in here don't, or at least maybe didn't until recently. Yes, believe or not, our beloved Spurs sometimes lose games because they don't play hard or smart. This definitely wasn't a game where the Spurs competed reasonably but were just outplayed.

The situation isn't dire but if we want to be in the best position to win a title, it's a problem that needs attention.

Oh yeah, it's also fucking frustrating not to mention embarrassing. TMac's winning 3pt shot is already on a fucking NBA commercial I get to see almost every time out. If I have to see that goblin Okur's stupid piehole now I'm gonna blow.

Excuse me whilst I completely obliterate some inanimate object now....

Experiment2100
01-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Phoenix > Spurs.

Reality.

When the Spurs play like that the Silver Stars are better than the Spurs.

E20
01-11-2005, 12:13 AM
I can't wait to see the look on SequSpur's face win the Spurs win another title.

ShoogarBear
01-11-2005, 12:14 AM
NBA-TV is already playing up this game like it was game 7 of the Finals.

Expect to see Okur's putback for at least the next week.

milkyway21
01-11-2005, 12:21 AM
:wtf
I think that's a good thing. No one wants to see defense in a pick up game. :cuss I don't get it. We can't win over Utah this time? It's not even a back-to-back game. :eyebrows
Why do we kept on losing to teams such as Utah,Memphis, Toronto, & Orlando? And beaten Dallas(2X), Minny, La(2X), Detroit? I just don't get it! :wtf
:depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2005, 12:25 AM
milkyway, how long have you been a Spurs fan?

They've been playing to the level of their competition for a good 20 years now.

Marcus Bryant
01-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Play Malik Rose.

exstatic
01-11-2005, 02:17 AM
One of LA's three title teams lost to EVERY LAST PLACE TEAM.

Many in here scoffed when I and Boutons said that the Spurs lose games sometimes because of a lack of focus and intensity.
We recognize it. We just don't seem to wallow in it and enjoy it the way you do. It's an 82 game season. There are going to be some stinkers. Recognize.

TwoHandJam
01-11-2005, 09:33 AM
One of LA's three title teams lost to EVERY LAST PLACE TEAM.

We recognize it. We just don't seem to wallow in it and enjoy it the way you do. It's an 82 game season. There are going to be some stinkers. Recognize.Nobody is wallowing in anything so you can dispense with the hyperbole. Some in here were denying the fact that the Spurs drop games due to lack of effort so I held this up as an example.

If you're one of the enlightened ones that recognizes this then bully for you but don't come in here claiming to speak for the whole forum and alleging that I enjoy trumpeting the Spurs weaknesses. If you have nothing constructive to say then kindly STFU.

CosmicCowboy
01-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Its an 82 game regular season.

NO team EVER brings 100% every night...and every team in the league has the talent to win some when the other teams energy level is down...

it's no cause to jump...

TwoHandJam
01-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Its an 82 game regular season.

NO team EVER brings 100% every night...and every team in the league has the talent to win some when the other teams energy level is down...

it's no cause to jump...
That's great. Now if only I were "jumping" :rolleyes , it would be relevant too.

SpursWoman
01-11-2005, 10:01 AM
One of my all-time favorite Duncan shots was a long jump shot buzzer-beater right in the face of Karl Malone to win the game. Not all of those wins v. the Jazz were blowouts.

Granted, this isn't the strongest Jazz team ever...especially given the injuries...but they were due, IMO.

:fro

ShoogarBear
01-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Ahem, this is the WEAKEST Jazz team ever.

At least in the last 20+ years.

CosmicCowboy
01-11-2005, 10:14 AM
That's great. Now if only I were "jumping" :rolleyes , it would be relevant too.

OK...you're not jumping...you are just being a whiny bitch...and your point was?

all teams drop an occasional game to sub-par teams because it is impossible to bring 100% intensity and focus to every game in an 82 game season...shit happens. I am confident that this team has a lot of wins still in them and will bring it in the playoffs...

SpursWoman
01-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Ahem, this is the WEAKEST Jazz team ever.

At least in the last 20+ years.

Oh, hush. I was trying to console myself, dammit. :cuss :lol

TwoHandJam
01-11-2005, 10:29 AM
OK...you're not jumping...you are just being a whiny bitch...and your point was?
Yes, because in your addled mind, there is no difference between whining and constructive criticism.

all teams drop an occasional game to sub-par teams because it is impossible to bring 100% intensity and focus to every game in an 82 game season...shit happens. I am confident that this team has a lot of wins still in them and will bring it in the playoffs...Good for you. So am I.

I'm upset that the Spurs have a history of playing down to the competition and want them to get better in this respect. Losses like this affect our seeding and our playoff chances. We need to reduce these types of losses.

If you want to label every complaint as whining or jumping then please post your tired, myopic views elsewhere. Criticism is an integral part of this forum. If you don't like it then go hijack some other thread.