PDA

View Full Version : March 16th - It ends

DazedAndConfused
03-09-2008, 12:25 AM
You had your fun, but the LakeShow is coming to HOU and gonna send you back down to earth where you belong.

Findog
03-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi Jeff

GuerillaBlack
03-09-2008, 12:33 AM
You had your fun, but the LakeShow is coming to HOU and gonna send you back down to earth where you belong.
Back down to Earth?

DaDakota
03-09-2008, 12:35 AM
The Lakers will be victim number 22 in the way of the new Juggernautish Houston Rockets.

DD

bobbyjoe
03-09-2008, 12:36 AM
It has to end sometime.

Are you just conceding that Houston wins the next 3 with no letdown?

DaDakota
03-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I do think the Rockets will be on the streak when the Lakers come to town....that is the toughest test for sure.

We play

NJ at home - Easy win
Atlanta on road - Trap game, but should win
Charlotte at home - Easy win

DD

Flopper
03-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I do think the Rockets will be on the streak when the Lakers come to town....that is the toughest test for sure.

We play

NJ at home - Easy win
Atlanta on road - Trap game, but should win
Charlotte at home - Easy win

DD

If you ask me, all three of those games are trap games.

DaDakota
03-09-2008, 12:42 AM
If you ask me, all three of those games are trap games.

But the Rockets have won 9 games in a row by double digits and are only 2 games away from setting that NBA record too.

I believe Houston is just on a roll, they are hungry and humble and are winning with effort....

I don't think they will let down until the streak is over.

DD

Findog
03-09-2008, 12:43 AM
With the streak where it's at, any game from here on out is a trap game. Teams are going to be amped to break the streak. If you're the Rockets, it's going to be hard to sustain this for the next six weeks, playing at a supremely high level, that is, not maintaining the streak. There's a danger in peaking too early.

DazedAndConfused
03-09-2008, 12:48 AM
It's all in good fun Rox fans, I'm just messing around. I do hope the streak is still alive when we face you though :).

Flopper
03-09-2008, 12:48 AM
There's a danger in peaking too early.

gotta agree here.

DaDakota
03-09-2008, 12:51 AM
There's a danger in peaking too early.

Agreed, good thing this is the end of the year, and teams are jockeying for playoff position.

:D

DD

Findog
03-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Agreed, good thing this is the end of the year, and teams are jockeying for playoff position.

:D

DD

Looking at your schedule, 13-7 the rest of the way is pretty realistic. The toughest stretch is when you play 8 out of 10 on the road. I think you could beat any team in a series outside of San Antonio or LA, so Tracy could still pop his cherry this year without Yao. You wonder though if he's going to kill himself carrying this team for the next 6 weeks.

xcomp
03-09-2008, 01:09 AM
Looking at your schedule, 13-7 the rest of the way is pretty realistic. The toughest stretch is when you play 8 out of 10 on the road. I think you could beat any team in a series outside of San Antonio or LA, so Tracy could still pop his cherry this year without Yao. You wonder though if he's going to kill himself carrying this team for the next 6 weeks.

Well, with the exception of him playing 48 minutes last night, he really hasn't been spending that much energy carrying the team, so that's good.

I hope the streak is alive when we face the Lakers. When it finally ends, it would be fitting to end against a team like that (as long as the game is competitive). Then the Rockets can spend the rest of the season flying under the radar until playoff time when hopefully they're a 2 or 3 seed and have a nice first round matchup to play with.

Allanon
03-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Very impressive streak Rocketfans.

I'd like to think the streak stops at #21 though :D

Findog
03-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Well, with the exception of him playing 48 minutes last night, he really hasn't been spending that much energy carrying the team, so that's good.

I hope the streak is alive when we face the Lakers. When it finally ends, it would be fitting to end against a team like that (as long as the game is competitive). Then the Rockets can spend the rest of the season flying under the radar until playoff time when hopefully they're a 2 or 3 seed and have a nice first round matchup to play with.

I agree. It's going to be crucial for the Rockets to have HCA in order to advance. Everything's clicking right now and they are running the Adelman offense very well, but that kind of maximum production is hard to sustain for a long period of time. I think Houston is now in the category of "team nobody wants to face," no matter who you are. But good thing for the rest of us that the season ends 6 weeks from now and not today.

Findog
03-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Also, as an aside, I really like Morey. He seems to know what he's doing, and I like the Moneyball/sabermetric approach, it's interesting to see if that can work in basketball.

Roxsfan
03-09-2008, 01:15 AM

any given night baby, any given night.

It will be a tough game, no doubt. The lakers playing any defense these days?

DazedAndConfused
03-09-2008, 01:16 AM
KB24 Triple Ocho is going to tear T-Mac a new one. You have nobody that can contain him.

DaDakota
03-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Also, as an aside, I really like Morey. He seems to know what he's doing, and I like the Moneyball/sabermetric approach, it's interesting to see if that can work in basketball.

I agree, and it is reasonable posts and takes like this that got me to let you out of that bet.

At least you are not cursing and calling people trolls.....

DD

Roxsfan
03-09-2008, 01:18 AM
KB24 Triple Ocho is going to tear T-Mac a new one. You have nobody that can contain him.

we have a comedian in the house. You really think Kobe is soo much better than a motivated Tmac?
http://thestartingfive.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/nba_g_mcgrady_580lisablumenfeldnbae-getty-images.jpg
http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos/08/06/20071031020109990002
http://www.nba.com/media/kobetracy_450_070914.jpg
http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2007-w43/img.44407_t.jpg

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/t-mac-over-kobe/2537739160

http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2007-w43/img.44293_t.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1510/tmac4hw.gif

freemeat
03-09-2008, 01:23 AM

Actually, now that I think about it...I don't think I've ever seen Battier D up on Kobe. How does he fare? Also, I'm sure Adelman will throw plenty of doubles against him, especially if he saw what a shit job Avery Johnson did in the Lakers-Mavs game last week.

Battier's a pretty good defender. Anyone seen him play Kobe that can give some semblance of a report on how he did?

xcomp
03-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Actually, now that I think about it...I don't think I've ever seen Battier D up on Kobe. How does he fare? Also, I'm sure Adelman will throw plenty of doubles against him, especially if he saw what a shit job Avery Johnson did in the Lakers-Mavs game last week.

Battier's a pretty good defender. Anyone seen him play Kobe that can give some semblance of a report on how he did?

Adelman seems to have a policy of refusing to double-team superstars no matter how good they are. Worked particularly well against LeBron in both games.

Battier has a history with Kobe. He makes him work hard for his shots, no doubt, but Kobe seems to have some extra fire in his eyes whenever he sees Battier so the odds of him having a 50 point night against the Rockets are always pretty high. In the end though, the Rockets would rather see Kobe get 50 points if it means that the other Laker players don't go off on them.

DazedAndConfused
03-09-2008, 01:58 AM
KB24 slaps the shit out of T-Mac and then takes his lunch money. It ain't even close.

bobbyjoe
03-09-2008, 02:02 AM
TMac at his best is on par with KB24. But KB24 brings it more often and with more passion on a consistent basis than does TMac. Thats the difference.

But make no mistake, when TMac is on his game his impact on the court is off the charts.

However, KB24 right now is a top 3 player with Paul and Bron. Clear cut best 3 in the game. How you want to rate them is debatable.

DazedAndConfused
03-09-2008, 02:09 AM
I don't care what T-Mac does when he doesn't play the Lakers. When he is matched up against KB24 Triple Ocho he wilts like a dead fucking flower. Go rewatch the 1st game of the season, T-back is in full on retreat pussy ass bitch mode.

Matchman
03-09-2008, 02:16 AM

posted this before...
if there are 2 swingmen that Battier cant stop, they would be:
Ron Artest (too strong)
Kobe Bryant (unstoppable for some unknown reason, i guess because hes kobe)

crc21209
03-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Sun, Mar 16 LA Lakers 7:00 PM NBA TV
Tue, Mar 18 Boston 9:30 PM TNT
Wed, Mar 19 @ New Orleans 8:00 PM
Fri, Mar 21 @ Golden State 10:30 PM
Sat, Mar 22 @ Phoenix 10:00 PM

Rockets upcoming games after the 3 scrub teams New Jersey, Atlanta, and Charlotte. I think the streak ends against LA and they lose against Boston also. New Orleans will be tough for Houston on the road especially with it being a back 2 back after the Boston game and New Orleans wanting revenge for tonight. Golden State then Phoenix back 2 back is also tough. 5 games in 7 nights. Damn the West is tough this year.